The Dark love of Scorpio

M

may28gemini

It's easy to see why u look down on the Scorpio sign so much, and yes going thru there karma with them is extremely difficult but it's bias to thing this is the only sign with a dark side. I've met alot of scorpios and alot of them were down to earth. Regardless of astrology, it's up to a human being to decide what they will be, we control our actions, not mars

And u said you're glad to have gemini and libra planets cuz u have no problem dropping things but that's a main issue with both signs, they are fleeting preferring to flee rather than deal with any emotional situation. Don't kno if you could call that a dark trait but it sure as hell ain't a good one

And yes all signs have dark sides, they have an ability to be ruled by violence(Aries), they can be very emotional and impulsive(cancer), they can be liars, manipulators and fleety lovers who can't deal with emotional scenes(I'll let u guess that one)Stubborn, abusive, and possessive like Taurus can be. I've seen some one with nothing but air in their personal planets and they were a libra with a libra mars, no aspect to mars and he was very abusive to his girlfriend.

Mars in libra is supposed to be about peace, right? Wrong, it just means mars will be filtered thru relationships so yea every sign has dark sides but it's up to the human being to chose their actions

Scorpio is no different or worse, astrologist just have a way of being dramatic when describing this sign

You can think what you want, I express what I know to be true. If I simply "looked down upon" them I wouldn't bother to spend time talking about it. I can read Scorpio people like a book and they're not "down to earth," they're knee deep in water, suffocating, controlling, violent, and when it suits them, they act cold and do the silent treatment. I'm sick and tired of Scorpio people acting like they're the bomb because they know how to "love." And no, having a lot of Gemini and Libra air doesn't make a person dark. It's better to drop and leave than to hold on and suffocate others- it's called thinking and feeling for others and their need for space and freedom. That's something that Scorpio is completely INCAPABLE of understanding, probably not until they're in their twilight years.

Diverting to Libra Mars is another topic. No, Mars in Libra is not about peace or balance, it's about letting others be the way they are and if they are not the way you want them to be you can't outwardly express anger at them because you don't want to be the one that rocks the boat. Unfortunately, Libra Mars will get mad but anger is difficult for that placement to address and the outlet for them can be very difficult and lead to physical abuse. My Scorpio father has Libra Mars in 6th. I know all about physical abuse from Libra Mars.

In many ways, Mars in Libra is similar to Mars in Taurus, but worse if a man has detriment or fallen Mars. Mars no matter what sign placed the right (or wrong- whichever word you want to use) houses can create an "abusive" energy. However, air is able to set others free. My father eventually stopped beating my Mom and I... but that was probably because I kept battling him. The decent thing about Air signs is again, the ability to LET GO. He kept trying to make things work with us. My Dad has an Air kite and Air Moon. Despite all the Air he has in his chart that mitigated the abusive Scorpioness, he was still very abusive. His Scorpio stalkerness continues to suffocate my Mother until this very day and they've been divorced for 10 years. Like I said, I battled him a lot so these days, at 58 years old, he's learned to let go slightly... at least with me. But he made it perfectly clear, my Mom was his wife, but I'm his daughter which means, I'm his forever. I already knew that and accepted it. Water is unable/incapable/too scared to let go. Scorpio energy in whatever planetary placement is going to create a very plutonic energy which happens to naturally exist as DARK energy.

Last edited:

scorpio176

You can think what you want, I express what I know to be true. If I simply "looked down upon" them I wouldn't bother to spend time talking about it. I can read Scorpio people like a book and they're not "down to earth," they're knee deep in water, suffocating, controlling, violent, and when it suits them, they act cold and do the silent treatment. I'm sick and tired of Scorpio people acting like they're the bomb because they know how to "love." And no, having a lot of Gemini and Libra air doesn't make a person dark. It's better to drop and leave than to hold on and suffocate others- it's called thinking and feeling for others and their need for space and freedom. That's something that Scorpio is completely INCAPABLE of understanding, probably not until they're in their twilight years.

Diverting to Libra Mars is another topic. No, Mars in Libra is not about peace or balance, it's about letting others be the way they are and if they are not the way you want them to be you can't outwardly express anger at them because you don't want to be the one that rocks the boat. Unfortunately, Libra Mars will get mad but anger is difficult for that placement to address and the outlet for them can be very difficult and lead to physical abuse. My Scorpio father has Libra Mars in 6th. I know all about physical abuse from Libra Mars.

In many ways, Mars in Libra is similar to Mars in Taurus, but worse if a man has detriment or fallen Mars. Mars no matter what sign placed the right (or wrong- whichever word you want to use) houses can create an "abusive" energy. However, air is able to set others free. My father eventually stopped beating my Mom and I... but that was probably because I kept battling him. The decent thing about Air signs is again, the ability to LET GO. He kept trying to make things work with us. My Dad has an Air kite and Air Moon. Despite all the Air he has in his chart that mitigated the abusive Scorpioness, he was still very abusive. His Scorpio stalkerness continues to suffocate my Mother until this very day and they've been divorced for 10 years. Like I said, I battled him a lot so these days, at 58 years old, he's learned to let go slightly... at least with me. But he made it perfectly clear, my Mom was his wife, but I'm his daughter which means, I'm his forever. I already knew that and accepted it. Water is unable/incapable/too scared to let go. Scorpio energy in whatever planetary placement is going to create a very plutonic energy which happens to naturally exist as DARK energy.
Just because your father gave you some mental issues doesn't mean everyone is the same as your father. Yes some scorpio people have dark tendencies and urges but that doesn't mean they can't control them if they want to. I personally have no problem walking away from a relationship if I find that the other person just isn't interested anymore. If anything I've been told I have commitment issues not stalking and making people stay with me.

M

may28gemini

I never said every Scorpio is like my father. I described a very extreme case of someone who's very Scorpio. But the truth is, that's how Scorpio people are. Scorpios can keep denying it, but they always have issues with control and they're manipulative, regardless if they're conscious about it or not.

tsmall

Premium Member
What an interesting thread. I admit I haven't read it all, but has anyone pointed out that Scorpio isn't always all that sexy? I mean, we all know that it takes the whole chart, right? My husband has MC, Sun, Venus and Mercury in Scorpio, and there is absolutely nothing dark, mysterious, dangerous or violent about him. He's intense, I'll give you that, but he's intense about exercise, diet, and what he does for a living. He's not shall we say adventerous in the romantic area, but he is very much capable of focusing that intensity on getting what he wants. Of course, there are a few other planets in his chart to consider, his ASC is in Capricorn, and his Moon is in Taurus...but all in all, I have to say that the sexy "Plutonian" darkness of Scorpio is probably exagerated/overrated. Oh, my Mother also has a Scorpio Sun...and she's quite the prude as well.

M

may28gemini

LOLOLOLOLOLOL of course the Scorpio "sexiness" is overrated/exaggerated!! My Dad's a Scorpio and although he's slim and handsome, let's face it, he's a nerd. He's like a more handsome and fit non-white version of Bill Gates (who's also a Scorpio). My Dad is also a prude too. He won't hear of it that I'm capable of having children. He can't stand that his daughter could get defiled. I was once married and that irked him. I never talk with my Dad about love/relationship/men unless he brings it up to me (as a reminder) how a good man is supposed to be. As much as I love my Dad, I couldn't imagine what a beauty like my Leo Mom ever saw in him.

tsmall

Premium Member
I love making people laugh. :cool:

That said, I would just caution you to be careful about generalizing all Scorpios based on your experiences with your dad. If I wanted to do that, I could have a field day with Pisces...but oh, wait, I have a Pisces Moon..:whistling:

I can understand what a bad experience can do, but really? My husband is a teddy bear, and he isn't boring (I did marry him, as a second husband...let's just say I test drove before I bought) he just isn't what you read about Scorpio. And that's one of the reasons I started really studying astrology, because the generalizations and stereotypes didn't work.

M

may28gemini

I love making people laugh. :cool:

That said, I would just caution you to be careful about generalizing all Scorpios based on your experiences with your dad. If I wantedu to do that, I could have a field day with Pisces...but oh, wait, I have a Pisces Moon..:whistling:

I can understand what a bad experience can do, but really? My husband is a teddy bear, and he isn't boring (I did marry him, as a second husband...let's just say I test drove before I bought) he just isn't what you read about Scorpio. And that's one of the reasons I started really studying astrology, because the generalizations and stereotypes didn't work.

I think a lot of people on this forum take things too personally and seriously. What I say are not board generalizations. Many people agree with what I say, the only difference is I'm not afraid to point out the shadow of everything. I really don't like any of the signs. I just consider some if the signs/placements to be not as bad as others but I don't prescribe to anything that I can say "that's so totally great, score!!"

tsmall

Premium Member
I think a lot of people on this forum take things too personally and seriously. What I say are not board generalizations. Many people agree with what I say, the only difference is I'm not afraid to point out the shadow of everything. I really don't like any of the signs. I just consider some if the signs/placements to be not as bad as others but I don't prescribe to anything that I can say "that's so totally great, score!!"

I'm not sure about your first statement here, so just to clarify, are you suggesting that I am one of the "lot of people" who take things too personally and seriously? As to what you say not being broad generalizations, I just gave you an example where your assessment of someone with a lot of Scorpio is not accurate. So again I'm not sure how what you say about the signs isn't a sweeping generalzation. Sure, everything has a shadow, every planet has an upside and a downside, and there's nothing wrong with pointing it out. When someone states definatively that x means this and this only, that's taking a position, and on a forum can be construed to be a challenge. Saying that many people agree with you doesn't back up an argument in a debate, a conversation, or in accountability. Every one was thinking it, I just said it? Except sometimes we want to know who "everyone" was and see charts and examples and stuff in order to agree. What can I say, it's an astrology forum.

I was only offering a suggestion that maybe people wouldn't seem to be taking things so "personally and seriously" if you just added something in about this being your opinion, or that you understand that opinions may vary. But, hey, whatever. <shrugs>

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

I think u got tha wrong definition of dark energy or maybe I'm using it wrong. Every sign has a dark side, dark energy does not always show up as violence. Dark energy is just that, dark. It's there but you can't see it, can't. Recognize it, therefore you can't control or integrate it because it's yet to be confronted. Our shadow(an everybody has one)is a part of the personality we repress and it goes unrecognized and it probably arises as compulsion. If someone is constantly doing the same action rather its destructive or constructive, they are not dark, because it's conscious and it's a choice. So yes air signs have dark sides, because we all have a part of us that we don't deal with, accept or even worry
About. So we turn the lights off on that part of our persona and it becomes "dark".

As far as the libra mars goes, I'm sorry you witnessed what you witnessed. But libra rules relationships, and you just said that mars makes abusive energy so it seems like that's exactly where he directed his aggression, to intimate relationships. Not rocking the boat spuds alot like keeping peace but that's just my opinion.

I have a libra mars and I handle confrontations quite well. I don't feel the need to blow up and cuss and throw emotional scenes but I do feel the need to look the offender in the eye and lay it on the table. Not every confrontation with anger has to turn violent, it can be a simple meeting of opposing parties. You are right about the letting go part, but that's where it differs from taurus mars an from my experience thu hold on to slights just like scorpios.

All scorpios aren't abusive. I've met some gentle hearted scorpios. Pluto is a abusive planet so plutonic ppl are much worse then scorpios. I know an aquarius with Pluto strong in their chart. Very abusive, very manipulating, very controlling and self destructive and they have a Taurus mars. Alot of things can make one person abusive, Scorpio doesn't indicate abuse, nor does libra indicate peace.

I'm sorry for what u went thru but I honestly feel like your view on astrology is skewed because of what u went thru(which I can't blame you)water doesn't mean you can't let go it indicates ppl who identify with emotions, like earth signa identify with security, air signa identify with social and mental activities and fire signs with identity itself

M

may28gemini

I'm not sure about your first statement here, so just to clarify, are you suggesting that I am one of the "lot of people" who take things too personally and seriously? As to what you say not being broad generalizations, I just gave you an example where your assessment of someone with a lot of Scorpio is not accurate. So again I'm not sure how what you say about the signs isn't a sweeping generalzation. Sure, everything has a shadow, every planet has an upside and a downside, and there's nothing wrong with pointing it out. When someone states definatively that x means this and this only, that's taking a position, and on a forum can be construed to be a challenge. Saying that many people agree with you doesn't back up an argument in a debate, a conversation, or in accountability. Every one was thinking it, I just said it? Except sometimes we want to know who "everyone" was and see charts and examples and stuff in order to agree. What can I say, it's an astrology forum.

I was only offering a suggestion that maybe people wouldn't seem to be taking things so "personally and seriously" if you just added something in about this being your opinion, or that you understand that opinions may vary. But, hey, whatever. <shrugs>

You took what I said out of context and aimed it towards you. What I say is not geared towards anyone in particular but that's just another example of "lot of people" taking things too personally and getting offended when someone voices strong opinions/assessment that the majority don't agree with. Is it that necessary to keep having to reiterate "in my opinion" just to placate sensitive people who easily take offense? It's a forum, lots of people means lots of different takes and ways of expressing. It's obvious that info. coming from one person doesn't make it an authorizative source. Why bother to keep repeating something that is that obvious.

So the select few like me who don't seem to fall in line with these "rules" must walk on eggshells for fear that how they express something will be taken as offensive? That is really restrictive and suffocating. If anyone gets offended by my "sweeping generalizations" then it's really their problem, not mine. This is the internet and there is no tone. Any tone that is read or more often misread is at the sole discretion of the reader.

Suggesting I bend over backwards and take it upon myself to be responsible for how others feel esp. when I don't know them nor they know me, is over the top. I would suggest anyone who takes offense to sweeping generalizations to get a backbone and use their left brain more, if only to realize that opinions differ and there will be clashes, so deal. But hey, that's probably an over the top suggestion, too.

Last edited:

scorpio176

I have alot of scorpio in my chart and I admit I can be controlling at times but not as much in my relationships as with everything else. I'm actually quite open-minded in alot of relationships and not really jealous or possesive atleast no more than any other man. Actually my chart says that im into open relationships and stuff like that which I have been in. So saying that all scorpio people are one way wether they want to admit it is wrong but your entitled to your own opinion it doesn't bother me any if you want to stereotype people. I've met people that are manipulative and controlling/abusive from all different signs and most of them aren't scorpios. Just because a person has the potential to be one thing doesn't mean they are.

Caro

It is nice to explore all sides of a sign but one sign is not just one thing.
all signs have dark sides to ignore that is then to be in darkness yourself. They also have some good points too.

all language has a tone. language is about 30% what you say and 70% of how you say it. trouble on internet is we can not always pick up the tone.

I also have a mars in libra. interesting isnt it. :wink:

wintersprite1

Premium Member
A reminder to all, keep discussion flowing, and disagreeing is expected, but do not personally attack the messenger!

My son has a Scorpio Moon, and I can say what a grouch, but he is only one person in 7 billion or .000000000014285% of the population. That might be a blood sugar issue and not his Moon, cause he is fine after Ramen. So, thinking we really need more than a few interactions with family or friends to make a statement with any amount of certainty. The one other constant is our selves and may be it is something in our own chart that makes us view others in a particular way.

TK

Judy_AzVirgo

I suspect the title of the thread is a potential problem here.... "dark love"? What IS that, exactly? And why apply it only to Scorpio? This kind of thing just plays right into a stereotype.

Horrible people are born under ALL Sun signs, and it's necessary to recognize that they are expressing personal, individual problems, not characterizing roughly 1/12th of the world's population born under any one Sun.

Scorpio176 has said pretty much what I had on my mind while reading through some of these posts.

Caro

again it is back to the chart i have pluto in virgo so would imagine this calms the nature of my scorpio asc somewhat.

there is a an interesting discussion on another forum about the pluto generations. one likened it to Absolutely Fabulous sit com. Eddie and Patsy are pluto in leo, saffi the daughter is pluto in virgo - she doesnt drink, go out and looks after her mother. I can relate to that! :innocent:

Blackempress

I suspect the title of the thread is a potential problem here.... "dark love"? What IS that, exactly? And why apply it only to Scorpio? This kind of thing just plays right into a stereotype.

It has nothing to do with a Sign or Sun Scorpio. The meaning of 'dark' here has been well interpreted by most- hidden, not just evil. But underneath some intense love-games lies alot of manipulation & 'darker' emotions of jealousy, power-play etc. Just wanted to test the depth of insight available on the basal level. :cool:

Blackempress

again it is back to the chart i have pluto in virgo so would imagine this calms the nature of my scorpio asc somewhat.

there is a an interesting discussion on another forum about the pluto generations. one likened it to Absolutely Fabulous sit com. Eddie and Patsy are pluto in leo, saffi the daughter is pluto in virgo - she doesnt drink, go out and looks after her mother. I can relate to that! :innocent:

Seems like gentleness took over! :)

aquarius7000

Hello,

I would also like to have my say in the matter (Leo Asc after all) :p.

Whilst I understand what Judy Az Virgo is trying to point out, perhaps the title in itself is not really misleading, as, just like with every sign, Scorpio too has its 'dark' sides. The down side of Sco energy is: being manipulative and calculating. But then don't we all have our down sides. The down side of the Aquarian energy is rebelliousness, even if sometimes it is just for the heck of it (hence senseless). I especially say 'energy' (and not sign), as no Sco Sun is just a Sco, but a lot more. That is the difference between 'Astrology' and Zodiac sign pastime.

One think I will tell you, what a person with alot of Sco energy in their chart wants to achieve, s/he will achieve that at (more or less) any cost.

:)AQ7

Caro

I've met people that are manipulative and controlling/abusive from all different signs and most of them aren't scorpios. Just because a person has the potential to be one thing doesn't mean they are.

yes librans can be quite controlling a passive kinda of way.
pluto square sun - can want to control
also know of some with earth signs in 8th house who like the idea of mind games. got to see chart as a whole.

But scorpio will forever have this image it seems. The moment I say Im scorpio asc - people back away. quite fun really.

anyways folks lots of scorpio energies coming up in transits over next few weeks to months .then saturn moving into scorpio. so this will influence us all in one way or another.

I cee

Wooo, this thread is hotting up........like Hades!

When I think of Pluto/ scorpio, I think of one word and thats INTENSITY!
Intense love, intense hate, intense sexuallity or intense abstention from sexuallity, intense pride,intense loyaly, intense devotion, intense work, intense play, these guys can't do SURFACE stuff, they go deep and in my opinion, they HAVE to, they have to see the good and the ugly in life thats the type of sunglasses they have been given to view the world!

The word 'dark' can invoke in western culture something that is BAD, but if you see that dark is the other side of light.....the two go hand in hand!

I feel scorpio/pluto types have to learn this in everything they do, for those that don't except this facet of themselves, they may project it or will it on to others, which is where the manipulation and mind games become so apparent with this sign and planet.

When something is suppressed because one thinks its 'dark' and ugly, its then an energy unchecked and it's then that this sign/planet gets its bad reputation and causes havoc.

I know, I have mother with an untamed, unchecked scorpio moon!

But for the ones who recognise the vitality and the power this energy can channel productively and creatively.......... it is strong and beautiful.

But like others have said there are the shadow/dark sides to all the signs, but of course show in a different way!
This is just my opinion, I'm a 'dark' saggie:bandit: