Care to guess Lady Gaga's ascendant?

Flowergirl

Lady Gaga definitely has her Mercury in Pisces. Her communication style is non-logical and dreamy which is beautiful but I really feel for her when she is being interviewed by some intellectual person, who makes her look like an idiot.

I was surprised to see that she has no planets in Taurus and only two in earthy Cap. She does appear very grounded and 'smell the flowers' to me.

My vote for ASC goes to Leo because she wears her persona like a lion but the Mercury in Pisces influence causes her to find other ways of expression especially through clothing. That Mercury in Pisces inhibits her roar but she has found another great avenue of self-expression. The outrageous clothing. She definitely has a huge desire to EXPRESS herself.

Her Chiron in Gemini suggests wounds around communication to me and square that Mercury Pisces makes it evident that she wants to self-express but Mercury in Pisces is in detriment. Saturn oppose Chiron adds to the restriction in self-expression in mental/logical communication. She has found another avenue to self-express and VIOLA = Lady GAGA the visual spectacular and dreamy singer. Mercury square Uranus certainly does make that expression rather unusual.

I realise my ideas are rather different from the many others mentioned on this thread but I have the Mercury in Pisces too, so I understand her from THAT point of view.

PS: I don't listen to her music much so cannot comment on that.

Last edited:

AriScoPis87

The best article that I've ever read about style and fashion: http://bit.ly/qrlVr2
After reading this, I think she has a Pisces rising sign, probably conjunct with Jupiter & Mercury.

I read what she wrote and she TOTALLY fits the Pisces Rising/Scorpio Moon/Aries Sun Profile lol I should know, I write like her. Especially in what she wrote:

Art is a lie. And every day I kill to make it true. It is my destiny to exist halfway between reality and fantasy at all times. They call me “theatrical,” but I posit profusely that I am theatre, and that theatre is me. I am a show with no intermission. It is this thing that summons me from the depths of reality and reminds me that the power of transformation is endless. That I (we) possess something magical and transformative inside —  a uniqueness and specialness waiting to be exiled from the depths of our identity. I have said before that I am a master of escapism, which many attribute to my wigs, performances, and my natural inclination to be grand, but perhaps that is also a lie. Maybe I am not escaping. Maybe I am just being. Being myself.

The arrival at this revelation revises my previous escapist philosophies, as my entire being, thus far, as wholly artist and wholly human, has been propelled by the idea that I must effortlessly vacillate between two worlds: out of the real and into the surreal. Out of the ordinary, into the extraordinary.

“I DON’T SPEAK GERMAN BUT I CAN IF YOU LIKE.”

Here is an example of something I wrote last year:

need a resolution
in this constitution
for it's a nuisance
and an intrusion
to my wall illusion
of things that mean the most
on this side of the coast
for it's truly the most
I keep holding on inside
and the only time it's alive
is when it comes around at night
the feeling i get
deep down in my chest
the pounding beat
makes it hard to sleep
cause it echos down the halls
like a shallow call bouncing off the walls

Also here is a picture I found of her on ModelMayhem.com

a0wkcn.jpg

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/10743482#10743482

Last edited:

GAGA4LIFE

Banned
I read what she wrote and she TOTALLY fits the Pisces Rising/Scorpio Moon/Aries Sun Profile lol I should know, I write like her.

Yeah, and here also:

But as I delved quite deeply into this topic for my current album, I’ve reckoned that perhaps there is no pendulum. No need to distinguish between artifice and consciousness. The “notion” of escapism may be a lie, but for some of us this lie is our truth. You must desire the reality of fantasy so profusely that it becomes necessity, not accessory.
The lines for myself have become so blurred now, I know not the difference between a moment of performance and a moment of honesty. If you were to ask me to remove my Philip Treacy hat at a party, in truth it is the emotional and physical equivalent of requesting I remove my liver. Talk about giving “clutching her pearls” a new meaning! I know not the difference between the hair that grows from my head and the teal wigs that grow from my imagination. They are the same. They are both honest, and always have been. So maybe I know nothing of “the art of escapism.” I was just Born This Way. I revere the dream to be real. I am always, and shall forever be, private in public.
In this lies one of many books in the Bible of Fashion: in order for the FANTASY OF YOU to become the REALITY OF YOU, you must commit to the fantasy as wholeheartedly as you commit to your humanness. Wear out your vision. Proclaim your mission. Amen, Fashion! Style can transform and release your internal superstar. Whether it be one pair of shoes, some vintage sunglasses, a family heirloom, or a hair color that makes you feel as electric on the outside as you do on the inside. Acknowledge that this choice is a manifestation of an internal magic and the potential of your spirit. You are fan-tas-tic. And this fantasy is part of the real and honest you. It is a lie inside, waiting to be unlocked to become true. Scheiße. I just spoke some German.

She is... amazing. I love her so much. And seriously, I don't doubt her Pisces Rising anymore which is conjunct her Mercury & Jupiter. :)

AriScoPis87

The “notion” of escapism may be a lie, but for some of us this lie is our truth. You must desire the reality of fantasy so profusely that it becomes necessity, not accessory.
- It's like pointing to Pisces right here! This is how I feel everyday a good 80% of the time. I feel like I'm here and aware of my entire surroundings, but at the same time I just don't feel attached to the physical existence with my body.

The lines for myself have become so blurred now, I know not the difference between a moment of performance and a moment of honesty. If you were to ask me to remove my Philip Treacy hat at a party, in truth it is the emotional and physical equivalent of requesting I remove my liver. Talk about giving “clutching her pearls” a new meaning! I know not the difference between the hair that grows from my head and the teal wigs that grow from my imagination. They are the same. They are both honest, and always have been. So maybe I know nothing of “the art of escapism.” I was just Born This Way. I revere the dream to be real. I am always, and shall forever be, private in public.
- This just felt like something that Gaga picked from my brain! I swear, reading that was just twilight zone familiar lol

theM

And what if she will be finally Cancer rising?:biggrin:

I often guess the rising sign of people right but sometimes I confound the signs between the elements because they are all similar.
Most of the time I thought Pisces Rising and AriScoPis87 thought Scorpio Rising a long time.

But when I saw the chart of Amy Winehouse and her alleged Gemini Rising.
My feeling told me that she maybe got Cancer Rising.
Lady Gaga had a strong connection to her.She was totally depressed when she heard about her dead.She reportedly couldn't speak for 48 hours.
In the beginning of Gaga's career there were rumours that they both look too similar so Gaga dyed her hair blonde and they really do.

I'm not sure about Gaga having Cancer Rising but more and more I realize how emotional and sensitive she is.
She is easily moved and often cries in the public. (when she won awards,when she sang with this little girl or in this dance show)

There are some pictures of her where I would say that she is definitely Cancer rising.
She loves her family,all children and fans.
She is called Lady Gaga- Gaga which is kind of baby language and means crazy.She is referred Mother Monster by her fans. (Moon in Scorpio-maybe ascendant ruler)
She works hard for her dreams and career (maybe Sun in 10).
She has scary performances (Pluto in 5?).
Her Midheaven could be in Pisces indicating her legacy of fashion,music,craziness and charity.

It's just another idea I have.
At the moment it seems the most valid one
but it would be surprising that she would have no prominent Uranus.

I would say that in any case she is either Cancer or Pisces Rising.

Last edited:

GAGA4LIFE

Banned
If she has Pisces rising then she has NO air signs in her main chart. I feel like she has an air rising sign.

Yep. But you know, if a planet is conjunct with the ascendant, in her case - Mercury and Jupiter, it gives [Gaga] the traits of the planets' signs. No wonder some ppl say she's a Gemini or Sagittarius, she has their ruling planets on her ascendant! :)

Ruka_5

Banned
I'm surprised at how so many of this generation's biggest stars, their birth times are a mystery and haven't gotten out to the public yet.

I think maybe that's by design. Really, I can't blame them; I've seen the slander-jobs some people will do with a chart that has a confirmed birth time.

As far as her fashion article goes - the more Gaga insists that she really is weird, the less I believe her. I don't say it as a personal attack; there's actually something about her that I've really liked for a long time, but I've never felt that she was being herself. I've always been waiting for her to stop acting out for attention (or doing it because she was told to), and just scale everything back. And it's not like she has no talent and has to rely on this stuff in order to sell records, but unfortunately I think some record-exec moron led her to believe otherwise.

Last edited:

savanna

[deleted quoting of off-topic remarks - Moderator]

Anyways, my vote is late Gemini rising.

Last edited by a moderator:

SecretGarden

@ SecretGarden,

I watched the video and remembered that song. Jeff Buckley has an amazing voice and fascinating music. I got chills just watching the performance. It also struck a chord of emotion too; nothing of the crying kind, but strong.

I know that for anyone that has a Strong Scorpio or Pisces in their chart, music transcends to a deep core level. It literally can move the person to tears or give chills or even create a feeling of ecstasy from head to toe. It's more true when a memory or specific a feeling is attached to a song.

Famous people with Pisces Rising include George Clooney, Robert Redford, and Gwyneth Paltrow.

Some famous people with Cancer rising include Steven Spielberg, Stephen King, Julia Roberts, and Ben Affleck. Angelina Jolie has Cancer rising with Venus tightly conjunct the Ascendant.

I agree with you. To the bolded: Cancer applies to this as well. I feel like Cancer is the most underrated sign in the zodiac. People tend to only see it as maternal, clingy, and moody. Cancer is one of the most artistic signs in the zodiac. And if we're talking about memories, I think of the three water signs, Cancer would be the most affected, since it's the most tied and attached to memories of the past. The reasons that Lady Gaga gave for crying after that performance, to me, really gave off a Cancer vibe.

If you look at the music industry, many people have Cancer, including Taylor Swift, Gwen Stefani, and Drake who all have Moon in Cancer.

Additionally, Lady Gaga has a very cardinal, oval/heart-shaped face - she already has Sun in Aries but I feel like her Ascendant must have cardinal qualities since her moon is fixed, which gives a more square facial structure. Her eyes also look Cancerean, though it's hard to tell whether they are Piscean or Cancerean since the two are very similar. Lady Gaga has a weight problem which is often associated with the Cancer sign. She is a maternal figure - the Mother Monster, the mother of an entire generation.

I think what really makes me feel like she has a Cancer Ascendant is the fact that her Midheaven would be in Pisces. In essence, she would be giving off both vibes in public, which I feel she does. The Pisces midheaven would make her a very artistic performer with a passion for helping the underdog. This makes sense because she is the spokesperson for all the "freaks" out there who don't fit in. Her Mercury and Jupiter in Pisces would both fall into this midheaven. A 0 degree Cancer ascendant would neatly fit Mercury, Jupiter and the Sun into her midheaven. These all make a lot of sense when you think about the way that Lady Gaga portrays herself in public: she is dreamy, creative, out of touch with reality, artistic, yet fiercely independent. Her sense of expression in her music is rarely Piscean - a lot of the time, you feel the Scorpio Moon's influence as well as her Aries Sun. The time that she is the most like a Pisces is on stage.

Someone mentioned that if her Ascendant is in a water sign then she would have no air. I don't think that Lady Gaga does have any air (except for maybe a slight Gemini influence from an early Cancer rising).

Last edited:

Ruka_5

Banned
You are so not right. But oh well. Opinions are like assholes; everyone has one and they stink. :) GAGA is original, unique, and being herself when she does what she does. You can reply. You can argue. But that. Is. The. Truth. :)

...I don't care enough about you to argue with you, frankly. lol

I said what I think and I stand by it no matter how much hostility you display. If you don't like it, that's your problem not mine.

So far, the current astrology seems to support what I've suspected also, since I've watched many astrologers, much more experienced than myself, look at her chart (albeit without a birth time) and say that the personality we're seeing right now and her natal chart, do not match up. At all.

Which isn't to say that I have anything against Gaga; I don't, and usually when people start to slag her off I'm one of the first people rushing to her defense. In all honesty you and people like you, don't really do your favorite artists any favors when you rush in headfirst to attack the way you do. Gaga fans have quite a poor collective reputation for this reason, and I wonder if a lot of the recent Gaga backlash is due to people's irritation and annoyance with the outright hostility of her fanbase and not the woman herself - especially when I've seen many people mention her fans specifically to complain about them.

You guys hurt her with the way you act; you don't help her. You contribute to giving her a bad name she doesn't need and doesn't deserve, with your actions. If you love her, prove you love her by conducting yourselves in a way that doesn't generate negative energy when her name is mentioned, because like every artist, she will be the one to get the blame for you guys being such awful people. When she calls you 'monsters', contrary to what you may think it's not an encouragement for you people to act like one.

My last words to you. If you want a cyber-battle, you'll have to find someone else that's willing to humor you.

Blocked.

theM

I agree with you. To the bolded: Cancer applies to this as well. I feel like Cancer is the most underrated sign in the zodiac. People tend to only see it as maternal, clingy, and moody. Cancer is one of the most artistic signs in the zodiac. And if we're talking about memories, I think of the three water signs, Cancer would be the most affected, since it's the most tied and attached to memories of the past. The reasons that Lady Gaga gave for crying after that performance, to me, really gave off a Cancer vibe.

If you look at the music industry, many people have Cancer, including Taylor Swift, Gwen Stefani, and Drake who all have Moon in Cancer.

Additionally, Lady Gaga has a very cardinal, oval/heart-shaped face - she already has Sun in Aries but I feel like her Ascendant must have cardinal qualities since her moon is fixed, which gives a more square facial structure. Her eyes also look Cancerean, though it's hard to tell whether they are Piscean or Cancerean since the two are very similar. Lady Gaga has a weight problem which is often associated with the Cancer sign. She is a maternal figure - the Mother Monster, the mother of an entire generation.

I think what really makes me feel like she has a Cancer Ascendant is the fact that her Midheaven would be in Pisces. In essence, she would be giving off both vibes in public, which I feel she does. The Pisces midheaven would make her a very artistic performer with a passion for helping the underdog. This makes sense because she is the spokesperson for all the "freaks" out there who don't fit in. Her Mercury and Jupiter in Pisces would both fall into this midheaven. A 0 degree Cancer ascendant would neatly fit Mercury, Jupiter and the Sun into her midheaven. These all make a lot of sense when you think about the way that Lady Gaga portrays herself in public: she is dreamy, creative, out of touch with reality, artistic, yet fiercely independent. Her sense of expression in her music is rarely Piscean - a lot of the time, you feel the Scorpio Moon's influence as well as her Aries Sun. The time that she is the most like a Pisces is on stage.

Someone mentioned that if her Ascendant is in a water sign then she would have no air. I don't think that Lady Gaga does have any air (except for maybe a slight Gemini influence from an early Cancer rising).

I also mentioned some of your points in my post yesterday so I share most of your opinion.
I never really thought about Cancer Rising but it seems for me the most possible one.
I also think that it's Gemini/Cancer cusp. :)
The same goes for Amy Winehouse.

SecretGarden

I also mentioned some of your points in my post yesterday so I share most of your opinion.
I never really thought about Cancer Rising but it seems for me the most possible one.
I also think that it's Gemini/Cancer cusp. :)
The same goes for Amy Winehouse.

I just reread your post! I totally agree with you! Late Gemini/early Cancer makes so much sense. I never thought about it really either, til recently. It just doesn't jump out at you as much as Sagittarius, Scorpio and Aquarius initially do for some people, but Cancer with MC in Pisces just fits. Pisces Rising would be my second guess.

Has an official time for Amy been released yet?

She also sings about her "mama" in at least 2 songs on the new album. In Born This Way, she sings, "My mama told me when I was young, we're all born superstars."
In the song "Hair" she sings "if I'm hot shot, mom will cut my hair at night."
Additionally, her Mom is not only her role model, but also her fashion icon (I think I mentioned this in an earlier post).

I also think she might have a Cancer rising from around 8-18 degrees, making a grand water trine in her chart. She'd still have Pisces MC with this position.

@AriScoPis87 - yes Gwen is a Libra Sun, Cancer Moon, and Scorpio rising.

theM

I just reread your post! I totally agree with you! Late Gemini/early Cancer makes so much sense. I never thought about it really either, til recently. It just doesn't jump out at you as much as Sagittarius, Scorpio and Aquarius initially do for some people, but Cancer with MC in Pisces just fits. Pisces Rising would be my second guess.

Has an official time for Amy been released yet?

She also sings about her "mama" in at least 2 songs on the new album. In Born This Way, she sings, "My mama told me when I was young, we're all born superstars."
In the song "Hair" she sings "if I'm hot shot, mom will cut my hair at night."
Additionally, her Mom is not only her role model, but also her fashion icon (I think I mentioned this in an earlier post).

I also think she might have a Cancer rising from around 8-18 degrees, making a grand water trine in her chart. She'd still have Pisces MC with this position.

@AriScoPis87 - yes Gwen is a Libra Sun, Cancer Moon, and Scorpio rising.

Yes,the song passages referring to her Mom are very interesting.
It seems like she indeed is strongly influenced by her as mostly people are with strong Cancer in their charts.

Amy Winehouse is a alleged Gemini Rising though for me she doesn't look like it.
I think that Gaga and Amy have similarities.
Maybe we are right.
I'm not sure but like I said there are some pictures of Gaga that totally say Cancer Rising.

I hope we will know soon.
Thanks for your reply.:smile:

Last edited:

AriScoPis87

I wonder what would happen if we all twittered her for a week straight asking what her ascendent is or her birthtime? She is bound to answer one of us with something :)

Blizzardx

Well its hard to distinguish Im stuck between Libra and Taurus. But im thinking Libra for this one now that I looked at it more. Her head is very round on the top like how Libra rising describes and the hair is in the lighter shades ( I think... she has a different hairstyle every time). Also how her head gets narrower towards the chin is another description of libra rising her speaking voice is some what soft and her mannerism is somewhat graceful plus libra rising also have singing abilitys. Libra's like style and classy stuff so I guess Libra rising fits her more.