are the new energies changing the rules of astrology?

freedomlover

Freedomlover.
The new energies are calling for expansion of consciousnesses. The new energies are flooding the Earth and affecting all areas of human existence and activity. So why would astrology be excluded?

What new energies are you referring to? What's happening in the sky now that hasn't ever happened before?

lillyjgc,

I'm referring to the "new energies" that flea was referring to in her original question. Those of the "New Age" persuasion are always hearing about the "new energies" that are flooding the Earth. It has to do with God and the angels and Ascended Masters, and the dispensation the Earth is presently undergoing. From my understanding, it has to do with personal vibrations getting more positive, allowing for more love and light to be dispensed on Earth than was previously possible... or something like that.....:wink: I've read some about them, but flea can probably elaborate better than I can.

So my understanding is that these "new energies" aren't referring to anything new astrologically, but more as to how we, as the human race, are using the astrological energies for positive and not negative, allowing for the Higher Realms to interact with us more and bring us even more love and light. This is taking us - as a species - to a place we've never been before - maybe not for eons, depending on where your beliefs are on that matter.

(At least I hope this is what you were referring to, flea. I've misunderstood so many people on here lately. LOL!)

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

I agree, NR...With the original/traditional ideas of astrology, evolution can be examined only through planetary zodiac cycles of 30 years (Saturn) and two-planet conjunction cycles of 20 years (Saturn/Jupiter) or less...But, with the revised/modern ideas, this planetary zodiac cycle is extended to 248 years (Pluto) and the two-planet cycle to around 500 years (Pluto/Neptune)...

but not everyone will be astrologically aware/conscious enough to link the "happening" to the generational influences of these planets, and very few will be sufficiently sensitive to relate to their influence at the personal level.

EJ

EJ This correlates with my understanding.

I like to go from personal experience as much as I can so I'm able to talk about things from experience. This goes for astrology aspects amongst other things. I have found the outer planets to have definate effects on the points they touch in my chart.

But like you say, it just happens that some people miss the effects of these transits. Nothing wrong with that, it just happens. Some sensations in the human body you cannot miss, like acute pain, whereas some you have to really tune in to that space to feel them. :smile: Doesn't mean they are not there, just means we are not tuned in to that vibration.

flea

thanks Freedomlover....

I dont profess to know....just that my experiences allow for these changes people are talking about....and i have undergone many shifts since 2000. Working with energy...whether healing meditation or just intent....does have an impact in physcial luife....just not one that is easily explainable for me....it is an experience. Maybe that is why I paint rather than do science?? The medium can express all i need it to.

Maybe it is not about astrology at all..... as it is a simplified model of all that is which allows for subtle shifts in the all that is without needing to change the model.

Thank you Olivia.....my knowledge of trad astrology is not even passable....but i understand the terms.... Strength and condition of planets....makes sense.... and thanks for sharing your theosophical knowledge. Evolution of soul is a very interesting idea to have come so recently.....maybe this is an example of the shift in rules....that can take place as our ideas of who we are change. We not being everyone but the ones that needed to change the rules.

Hope this makes sense

FleaXX

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
I based my calculation of the cycle on Saturn/Jupiter being conjunct in Taurus in February 1941 and again in February 1961, 20 years later.
No, you're right, I'm sorry. I have no idea what I was thinking about when I wrote that. EDIT: I think I may have been thinking of triple conjunction cycles... :p OH well.

By looking at the Neptune/Pluto related events of the previous 500 year, we can ascertain and apply their astrological lessons to the current 500 year cycle......to create a better present and future for us all, due to increased awareness of the Evolutionary Plan (and what we need to do to achieve it.)
This is all assuming that there is an evolutionary plan. Olivia already provided us with a history as to how those ideas came about, so it seems less than likely given their shady history.

Sadly Kai, "I wasn't aware..." is just another way of saying "I am not prepared to consider..."
Not at all. It's asking you to do something besides offer conjecture. I don't even see where there is room for overlap between astrology and quantum/theoretical physics, so I'm interested in what you think. Also, I don't think light bends without severe gravitational influence, of which there is nothing like that between us and the light the planets emit towards us.

Yes, Kai......But, where have I said that is not so?......My whole argument revolves around the belief that our Civilisation is only re-discovering what was known by earlier Civilisations.
It's not so much that you personally have said it - you may have, I don't recall right now - but things you have said sound so familiar to things other people have said when they wish to imply that our modern day civilization is becoming more spiritually aware than the ancients and that is why we have the modern planets now. The whole idea is backwards and confusing.

Also, older civilizations did not have the outer planets, so how are they indicative of rediscovery and not indicative of supposed overreaching of the ancients in terms of spiritual understanding?

Because the awareness of humans/earth-dwellers has not yet evolved to a point where we can learn to respond consciously to galactic rather than Universal planetary forces.
Wrong. The correct answer is that earth-based perspective still matters in astrology and that is seen in modern astrology by the continued usage of the geocentric horoscope. Why the earth-based perspective only matters when it comes to house calculation and not planetary influence is beyond me, and I see it as a major hole in the modern philosophy. It's been interesting to have it explained to me with such strange, pseudo-esoteric words though.

Last edited:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
I referred to the bending of light by black holes as an example of how our understanding of the Universe has changed in modern times, and to that change as a possible indication of the need to review our understanding of the "rules" of astrology.

But it has not changed enough to move us off of Earth-based perspectives like geocentric charts. So how do modern understandings of the workings of the universe change the earth-based perspective?

So, Kai......you are prejudging what I am saying, because it "sounds like" something you've heard others say before and disagree with...

It's duck syndrome. If it walks like a duck... You get it.

The older civilisations to which I have referred were (imo) aware of the outer planets, and perhaps others that we have not yet re-discovered.

There's no proof of that.

But why......given that the thread is about conjecture?

Ho-ho! Touche! :D

I thought that was what I'd said, Kai......perhaps the strange, pseudo-esoteric words used in my explanation confused you.

Lol, maybe. But where's the line? Why is what's good for the goose not good for the gander?

flea

ok now back to the question........what are peoples experiences of the energies at the moment....it is neither good nor bad whether you are feeling anything at the moment...it just is...And I am interested in talking to the people that are feelingt he energies....as this is what the thread is about??

FleaXX

Lapis

Re: Are the New Energies changing the rules of astrology?

Dont seem to be making myself heard as i want to be but will be perservering...

FleaXX

Hi Flea, long time no talk. Great question and direction as usual, but I suspect it won't be heard by many here but keep trying.

It is consciousness that's changing, evolving, and naturally that will alter our perspectives about "astrology" just like everything else. Humanity is evolving whether some people like it or not...deal with it people! :biggrin:

Like you said about things not being "...good or bad..." which means NOT polarized, but within a new higher frequency state of being and awareness...a third more unified and integrated state above the two lower polarized battling sides. This too is a big clue as to our current and compressed evolution into both a new Age (Aquarius) and the new High Heart (Leo) consciousness that goes along with it - but here comes the punch line imo - within a higher dimension (5D) than prior Ages within polarized 3D.

Consciousness is evolving which naturally means our perception of astrology and everything else will reflect what we're currently capable of perceiving. Life on the cusp of Ages is a big, scary, pain in the brain for most folks.

PaxMercurius

Unfortunately, the rules of astrology have already changed once back in the 1880s thanks to the misguided money-seeking workings of one man. It's only recently that these notions have been challenged by resurrection of the previous rules.

The revolutions of the spheres don't change, the signs don't change, the aspects don't change, etc, etc. The only thing that changes is man's attempt to change everything to fit his worldview and his attempt to grasp at false hope.

Are new energies changing the rules of astrology? Hardly. I'm pretty sure arrogance can hardly be termed "new".

This is worded better than I could possibly repeat.

Just because something is new doesn't mean its more 'progressive'. I do horary professionally IRL now, and find myself answering the exact same sorts of questions that are used in ancient texts - people always have the same concerns, the same needs, and in the modern day, the older forms of astrology often have far more relevance than the new. I can give someone a practical and accurate answer considering 7 planets, and they are shocked at the relevancy they have to their predicament. I have never had anyone as impressed when I attempt to read using the modern methods.

For thousands of years, people have seen the way out of the yoke and harness, and it is hard. There is no easy path to self-mastery. Like dieting, you can buy the pills and try the fads, but in the end, the only method that works (without a lap band) is dedicated exercise, disciplined intake, and an emotionally secure attitude towards oneself and our world.

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

So......the traditional astrology rule is "if we cannot see it, we ignore it because it doesn't affect us"...but modern technology enables us to see it...so, do we still ignore it because it doesn't affect us?

I wonder about this too?

Traditional astrologers still utilize Pluto don't they? They don't seem to discount it at any rate. And even now as Pluto as been demoted....that doesn't appear to change its effects?

Course I could read further and see that the answer has already been given. lol.

flea

This has been a fascinating thread to read.....

Ah Lapis long time no see....yep I keep persisting to find answers. There are some who understand what I am going on about some who dont....but that is not a maater of right or wrong it is more a case of the direction of your passion....and mine is more aligned with yours......Thanks for bringing up the polarity issue....I do love the symmetry of the traditional rulers...each planet having a male and female sign to shine through...... I wonder if this polarity is a base cause of the changes I am feeling.

I like discussing saturn and jupiter....and how one sees them as good or bad.... makes me think about a world where we just accept both neither good nor bad.....a part of an amazing fabric of life.

Luckily I get bored easy so difficult is not necessary seen as a pain! All that mutable enrgy in my chart is well suited to the times.....my challenge is grounding!!

Amy...I didn't think pluto was any part of trad astro...very much a part if mod astro...pluto being demoted to me is the planet living up to the energy of being the shadow...the taboo bits the truths no one wants to see....so no wonder the demotion really. Personally I have respect for the enlightenment thaat has followed big pluto transits.

FleaXX

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

Yes Flea I had a brain farc when I originally typed this. lol. I know Pluto is modern but I guess what I meant is that I know traditional astrologers that do give it the consideration that is due. Since we know Pluto will make his presence known whether we acknowledge him or not. lol.