Horary: Will my son go to college?

JoZi15

I asked the question last month: will my son get in to the college of his choice and it did not look good šŸ˜” so I waited a month and am now asking: Will my son go to college šŸ¤žšŸ¾ Itā€™s always the last child isnā€™t it... my fault, was probably way too lenient by the time we got to him šŸ¤·šŸ¾*ā™€ļø

Anyway, my hope is that he goes to college instead of staying home, working at Trader Joeā€™s or somewhere else exposing himself as an essential worker and having endless money to buy weed. I know. High hopes.

So: Iā€™m asking the question. My son did not ask me to ask the question (he still believes heā€™s going to the college of his choice šŸ™„ thatā€™s an eyeroll emoji if you cannot tell). So I am ASC Ruler. He is 5th House Ruler. His college is 9th from the 5th (right?) which is ASC Ruler.

Jupiter (5th Lord) is in Cappy in the turned 11th (of wishing + praying so hard bc heā€™s not very dignified). Mars (turned 9th Lord) is RX in Aries in the turned 2nd (whatā€™s that - heā€™s worried about the cost? I got his tuition but he may be worried bc his father said he wasnā€™t going to pay a dime. Heā€™s reconsidering college instead of being lazy because he wants to make a lot of money?)

Jupiter + Mars RX perfect a square in 9 days (on 10/19/2020 and today is 10/10/2020).

But Sun will catch Mars RX on 10/14/2020 before the significators perfect their aspect. And even before that, Sun catches Jupiter on 10/12/2020. Sun interferes, is that right?

Sun is the turned 6th Lord. He works instead of going to college? Please, no. Or does Sun ā€œhelpā€? And someone from his ā€œjobā€ at his wonderful but too lenient youth project helps make college happen?

And what of the Moon? Do I still interpret everything as a turned chart or is Moon (the question) interpreted with an un-turned chart, telling me that Moon is separating from both significators (no college?!! šŸ¤¦šŸ¾*ā™€ļø) and as the 9th Lord applies to Saturn the 3/4th Lords of staying home/in the area to... think (instead of going to his dream school Temple University)?!!

If instead, we continue with the turned chart, Moon is turned 5th Lord of expressing himself opposing Saturn the turned 11/12th Lords of being with his knucklehead friends in his demise?

Please help. Thank you from the pit of my stomach (and the bottom of my heart!).

With much appreciation,
Jozi šŸ„°

JoZi15

Here is the chart I cast this morning. Thank you for any clarity you can provide oh wise ones!!! :love:

Attachments

• Horary Son College.jpg
    Horary Son College.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 61

IleneK

Premium Member
Here is the chart I cast this morning. Thank you for any clarity you can provide oh wise ones!!! :love:

I am truly sorry for the pit in your stomach.
Your son is signified by the ruler of the 5th, Jup.
College is signified by the 9th [rather than the 9th from the 5th] so ruled by Moon.

Moon and Jup do not aspect; Moon separates from Jupiter. So this is not favorable.
Rather, Sun, ruler of the 10th house of working and being out in the world, squares Jup from the 12th. Then Jup goes on to meet formidable you/Mars in Aries by square, reflecting something of your dismay or the intractability of matters between you...?

And looking at Moon as indicator of the unfolding of the question, its next aspect is an opposition with Saturn, so that is what I sense: obstacles in the near term.

I see that your son may continue to work, at Trader Joeā€™s or somewhere else, for a while.

JoZi15

Thank you Ilene!

I am trying to release the expectation + the hope of college for my son for right now. Perhaps in the not too distant future.

Sun squaring Jupiter from the 12th - his father who works with young people, formerly incarcerated - hurt my son's feelings when he put on the FAFSA that he'd go to the local community college instead of his dream school. Formidable me (Mars in domicile) is reconsidering (Rx) work. I was thinking as an alternative to college (if he could not make a commitment or go to his dream school) might be a 2-year certificate for an IT career or something that provided more opportunities than even a great union job at minimum wage at the neighborhood grocery store.

Saturn applying opposite Moon. Saturn is strong in domicile - I hope the obstacles are positive lessons for him.

Thank you for shining some light, Ilene!

Bunraku

I feel like your son actually enjoys the idea of going to college in a practical sense, but he cannot because he is blocked and obstructed.

Who is paying for college & where will his support system be? I feel like heā€™s still trying to figure out what his role and purpose is in society at the moment (turning the houses).

JoZi15

I feel like your son actually enjoys the idea of going to college in a practical sense, but he cannot because he is blocked and obstructed.

Who is paying for college & where will his support system be? I feel like heā€™s still trying to figure out what his role and purpose is in society at the moment (turning the houses).

Thank you, Bunraku!

He definitely enjoys the thought of going to college - or rather, living outside of the home without parents! I will pay for college. He wants to go away to school so I would be in another state, as will his older sister who is in college in another state. His father is not much of a support.

He asked to apply to colleges with his close friend but they are all colleges which would not challenge him - and maybe not keep him engaged. Still, I let him apply to them.

He's definitely a deeper thinker and looking for purpose so I can see that he might be trying to figure out what he really wants + needs in this time. Something that has been raised for him as he writes his college essays.

Bunraku - Did Jupiter in his turned 11th H make you think he is wondering about his place in society? Could that also signify his wish to stay around his friends too?

Well, we are finishing up applying to colleges yesterday and over the next two weeks. I'll ask the horary again after all the applications are in as he seems to be growing and evolving throughout this process.

He has been more open to listening to my suggestions for a smaller school that would be more personal and where teachers would be more likely to know his name and he'd be more likely to get support as opposed to his dream school in a big city where there might be a few hundred students in his classes and he is just too laid back to get the attention he needs.

We shall see!

Your questions are helping shed more light on where my son may be in his mind and that's an important reminder to me that we are all going through our own struggles inside. Thank you, Bunraku!!!

Last edited:

JoZi15

i dont think so
jup is too weak and moon just sq mars lord of his 9th house

:sad:

I have pushed and pulled him to think about school, to get him to meet basic requirements such as requesting his transcripts and filling out college applications. About a few weeks ago, I told him I didn't want to argue anymore and that I can't make him want to go to college.

After that, he has been a little more on top of things. We made a "family" deadline of Nov 1st to get everything in but he still hasn't. He has until the 15th to officially get everything in.

His attitude is "why do I need a checklist to make sure everything is done if you have the checklist in your head?" I think this year is going to be about me taking a step back and seeing how he does on his own. He likely is not ready for college no matter how smart he is and I'm going to have to just release all expectations.

Thank you for your insights on this chart, Tikana!!! Especially how I (Mars) am struggling too hard (Square) with the situation. I am working on detachment and probably will be for the rest of my life. I'll try much harder since everyone (including my son) is on their own timeline and journey.

Last edited: