Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Bunraku

On a random note, when it comes to the death penalty, Jamaica is far more civilized than the U.S. So are most other countries.

As opposed to what? Letting cold blooded killers roam the streets and slaughtering innocent people?

Trump did the right thing by finally giving justice to the victims grieving families

david starling

Well, maybe you don't know some things. Here's some more information:

They are locked up, serving life sentences without the possibility of parole.

Most of the families of their victims had already forgiven them.

He was NOT required by law to kill them. No President is required to do that. Trump went out of his way to get permission from the U.S. Supreme Court in order to be able to begin the executions.

He hand-picked the inmates, and chose the execution-dates.

Last edited:

Bunraku

For Mercury to even “joy” in the first house you need to be using whole signs.

In quadrant houses Mercury can’t straddle the ASC (entering and leaving the underworld) without it jumping to the 12th, which is a decline and in Saturn’s joy instead.

david starling

For Mercury to even “joy” in the first house you need to be using whole signs.

In quadrant houses Mercury can’t straddle the ASC (entering and leaving the underworld) without it jumping to the 12th, which is a decline and in Saturn’s joy instead.

Mercury entered the Underworld in service to Pluto.

What House do you think Pluto joys in?

leomoon

Well, maybe you don't know some things. Here's some more information:

They are locked up, serving life sentences without the possibility of parole.

Most of the families of their victims had already forgiven them.

He was NOT required by law to kill them. No President is required to do that. Trump went out of his way to get permission from the U.S. Supreme Court in order to be able to begin the executions.

He hand-picked the inmates, and chose the execution-dates.

Imagine this. These souls have astral bodies which will be in his presence when he crosses over. I'd not want to be HIM for all the billions in the world. :ninja:

Ukpoohbear

I have way better success with horary for MYSELF when it is something really, really important, not one in a series of things that together would be important. But I can answer the latter questions for others to some extent, and they can sometimes do so for me. There are rules for horary which kind of help tell the difference.
There’s still the OMG WHAT is going to happen to me in 7 units panic.
Cards just lie to your face. Unless there are rules I missed.

I’ve experimented with it myself although I do agree that asking the chart one, important, meditated on question works the best. Im not against asking more impulsive questions almost in like a daily reading type way, or questions that are not meditated in, and I think horary still works, but it is probably more an event chart.

Tarot is a funny mistress. She has the reputation of lying and being malevolent but I don’t understand why. We are asking the question from the same ‘source’ so the technique shouldn’t prevent that. Everything leads back to it. Source is pure. But I have found a more structured reading works best so you have a plan of what cards you are going to ask before asking the question. If you do it more impulsively, then I can see where she has the reputation for being tricky because it’s feeding your own psyche back to you. A bit like an event chart.

After all this experimenting, sometimes it’s easier to just stick to the rules after all. It’s just more practical. But experimenting with the source is important because I don’t understand what source is, how it works and it’s very presumptuous when people get adamant the source can only be used when certain man-made rules are followed.

Last edited:

Dirius

Horary is full of Trad and neo-trad based interpretive rules that I would NEVER apply in natal chart interpretation so it really is a kind of test tube science experiment for me. Not easily translatable to real world.

It is harder to do so with natal, but does work wonders. For example, most people usually disregard a planetary aspect's dexter/sinister position relation - but there is info to be gained from it, both in Horary and Natal.

CapAquaPis

In my natal chart, the sidereal ASC is 22' Gemini (in tropical, 17' Cancer) and my true node is 2'-3' Leo vs 29' Leo in tropical. They are malefic degrees about death, disease, impairment and inability/disability. This is a concern when the ongoing covid pandemic and my recent experience here in southern CA with the biggest spike to date in the US, now the number of daily cases are in a decline.

Ukpoohbear

Hmm, maybe it’s about being respectful of the energies with tarot, similar to what I mentioned with horary - definitely I haven’t been doing a real meditation before working with cards for myself (though I do for others, ha!) and there’s monkey mind in the way.

Horary is full of Trad and neo-trad based interpretive rules that I would NEVER apply in natal chart interpretation so it really is a kind of test tube science experiment for me. Not easily translatable to real world. Partly I see the strictures against judgment as similar to the universe winking, just because you want to know doesn’t mean you get to.

I don’t do an actual meditation either before asking questions but wait for that ‘a ha’ moment. It’s probably easier reading for other people because it’s easier to know when their question is formulated in your mind and then it’s time to ask. It’s more organic and long term when formulating it privately and some ‘a ha’ moments are brighter than others but doesn’t make it any less important.

I would choose to avoid using the word ‘respect’ when thinking about how to use horary but only because it brings up connotations of religious rules or could be misinterpreted to allowing people to become judgemental/conservative about it.

I think the word ‘intent’ works better even if it has the same meaning.

Ukpoohbear

I had a common cold for a few weeks after catching a chill walking in the cold a couple of times. It was weird and lingering. Now all 3 of my cats have a cold. They sneeze and the sinus is blocked. You can see sniffles on their whiskers and they are acting quiet. I didn’t know cats could get colds.

david starling

At least he had enough respect for the president and Melania of the underworld. What can you say towards your attitude towards Trump?

I hadn't thought of Trump.as an incarnation of Pluto. Veeery interesting!

That would make Melania a Queen, like Cleopatra.

Also, that she's devoted to him, as in a daughter/father relationship.

Last edited: