Hating Men

Cary2

Banned
I have met men in my life who clearly hate women. It is the usual evidence. They parade a litany of disgraces that women they know have produced. They generalize about women and wallow in their favorite stereotypes about women. They embroider with half-truths. They hate women for illogical or unreasonable reasons. They push anecdotal encounters they "heard about". Based on that experience, I must emphasize that such evidence also suggests that not all men hate women. What percentage of men hate women I can't say, but misogyny does exist, and it is unnerving when one encounters it in one's travels. And I am not referring to hating an evil woman who has harmed you or your loved ones. That would not represent bigotry but a reasonable reaction to an individual human being. Hating A woman is not bigotry, but hating women generally is bigotry.

Hating men is proliferating today because those who do it receive very little push-back. It is fashionable to hate men, especially white men. The women hating men generally follow exactly the pattern of men I just described in the previous paragraph; bigotry is bigotry.

I recently heard a woman accuse men of oppressing women based on the popular Barbie doll, a toy that enjoys a long history of popularity and plentiful sales. I think the claim of a Male Patriarchy and Gender Wage Gap is based on similar paltry concoctions. The nature of the alleged Male Patriarchy hypothesis and the Gender Wage Gap hypothesis is a smear, and habitual smear is a sign of hatred and bigotry.

The Barbie Doll is alleged to be the cause of women allegedly being objectified by men, but men didn't design Barbie, and men are ill prepared to design dolls that appeal to young girls. The girls who coveted a Barbie doll did so because they liked Barbie's appearance and her accessories. The doll's popularity with men is utterly moot. Men don't buy Barbie unless their daughters demand it. Two generations of women suggest that proliferation of eating disorders, which are much more widespread among women, is the fault of men, all men, in fact the Male Patriarchy. That is false and it is more evidence of hatred of men.

Many men objectify women as sex objects, but many women objectify men as success objects. Men are the suppliers of money and goods; that's their function in the eyes of many women. Men must have a good job and a nice car. That's their function to women who objectify men.

Women are very competitive amongst themselves, and the great anxiety of women that causes them to succumb to eating disorders is caused by their own gender. It is fear of what their competitors will say that causes sensitive women to succumb to eating disorders. Blaming it on men is just the lazy path of the bigot who prefers simple, little answers to life's quandaries.

Barbie is somebody's idea of an ideal woman, but the ideal belongs to women and girls. It is not a male conspiracy against the female gender. Man haters follow the pattern of bigotry. Blame men for everything. It is all their fault. And thus is the hatred of men. It is common and popular to promote the condemnation of alleged Male Patriarchy and the condemnation of alleged Gender Wage Gap because hatred of men is popular. In other words, there is a huge class of bigots that are cruising with impunity on the injustice of hating men generally.

Lifelong feminist, Tammy Bruce, addresses the great harm caused by feminism, and she calls for a New Feminism for the new century in the short video that follows, Feminism 2.0.
https://www.prageru.com/video/feminism-20/

Christina Hoff Sommers is a philosopher who lectures in colleges throughout the country. She has a brief video called "The Myth of the Gender Wage Gap".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oqyrflOQFc

Carmaela26

I have to say, as a girl, women are way meaner to each other than men are to women.

I have few female friends because of this. I really want to bond with females and very much value the few real friends I have but women, even those who are friends, can turn quickly.

They become catty and competetive and it all comes down to insecurities within themselves.

It's very sad but true.

Individual humans can be awful, regardless of sex.

waybread

Cary2, Do you have a problem with "uppity women"? Do you believe women should be deferential to men (like you)? Sweetly domesticated?

Your entire OP is a gross exaggeration-- from about 1970.

I've known many feminists during my career, and not one hated men. Many were married to men or in a permanent relationship with one.

Nobody thinks that the Barbie doll is the cause of the oppression of women, where it exists. Barbie is just a metaphor.

Given the high divorce rate, most women who have the ability to get a good job want one for themselves. They know they cannot depend on a husband to ensure their financial security. Thankfully, now that a lot of old educational and employment barriers have fallen, it is possible for women to be their own breadwinner.

Isn't it time to treat human beings as human beings? And for you to do what you can to tone down the gender wars?

CapAquaPis

Civil War in many forms in 2020: By race, income class, political belief, religion and provincial (red vs blue states), and finally, based on bio-sex and gender.

Can we all just get along? I mean, I long believed that men and women need each other, but I don't believe women should hate men to a point they avoid them and I'm highly against the belief of men should dominate women.

My own Mom had a not-so-good marriage with Dad and she divorced in 1987 when I was 7, and she decided to never remarry, which is her personal choice.

Cary2

Banned
Cary2, Do you have a problem with "uppity women"? Do you believe women should be deferential to men (like you)? Sweetly domesticated?

Your entire OP is a gross exaggeration-- from about 1970.

I've known many feminists during my career, and not one hated men. Many were married to men or in a permanent relationship with one.

Nobody thinks that the Barbie doll is the cause of the oppression of women, where it exists. Barbie is just a metaphor.

Given the high divorce rate, most women who have the ability to get a good job want one for themselves. They know they cannot depend on a husband to ensure their financial security. Thankfully, now that a lot of old educational and employment barriers have fallen, it is possible for women to be their own breadwinner.

Isn't it time to treat human beings as human beings? And for you to do what you can to tone down the gender wars?

Hate men much? especially the uppity men who do not ask your permission? Maligning men who disagree with your dictates is all about your hatred of men and your narcissism. You frequently blame men for whatever dispute has raised your ire.

It is you who needs to update. For decades women feel justified to condemn men. They insist that women do it right, and they insist accordingly that men should be more feminine. Your proof is that men are not like women. Duh!!

I've seen you in action, and I'm not fooled.

You have frequently implied that problems with the world are due to men's conspiracy against women. That is one of the most ridiculous conspiracy theories because it is men who are blamed for everything by hostile women who want to blame and then court sympathy as if it were a narcotic.

Finally is your furious attack on this post that did not ask your permission first. Sell it somewhere else. Write your own post while you're at it.

Waybread:

I've known many feminists, and so have other men, and most of them, like you, hate men.

https://www.prageru.com/video/feminism-20/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oqyrflOQFc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFpYj0E-yb4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-kxdyJs6y8

Last edited:

waybread

Cary, if you started this post to single me out, it would be forthright and honest of you to say so.

I hate men? Don't be silly.

Seriously, you need to talk to the men currently in my life, as well as my former male co-workers.

I write the way I write. Particularly on an Internet forum, we don't always know the gender of other members. If I think someone's post has serious flaws in a topic I care about, I will say so, regardless of her/his gender. That thread on Biden winning the recent US election is a case in point. I've criticized posts by both males and females who mistakenly insist that the Democrats somehow stole the election.

I don't think that men have a conspiracy against women. Show me where I wrote that. If you think it's something I posted frequently, my "offending posts" shouldn't be hard to link.

What is clear is that you are angry with me for not treating you with the deference you think you deserve.

So sorry that I hurt your feelings.

david starling

Cary, if you started this post to single me out, it would be forthright and honest of you to say so.

I hate men? Don't be silly.

Seriously, you need to talk to the men currently in my life, as well as my former male co-workers.

I write the way I write. Particularly on an Internet forum, we don't always know the gender of other members. If I think someone's post has serious flaws in a topic I care about, I will say so, regardless of her/his gender. That thread on Biden winning the recent US election is a case in point. I've criticized posts by both males and females who mistakenly insist that the Democrats somehow stole the election.

I don't think that men have a conspiracy against women. Show me where I wrote that. If you think it's something I posted frequently, my "offending posts" shouldn't be hard to link.

What is clear is that you are angry with me for not treating you with the deference you think you deserve.

So sorry that I hurt your feelings.

What's being downplayed for some reason, is that, for the first time in history, A WOMAN IS NOW VICE PRESIDENT of the UNITED STATES! That makes this a "landmark" Election .

That's BOUND to be upsetting to some men, who think that a woman isn't capable of being Commander in Chief, in case the President is for some reason incapacitated.

Margaret Thatcher seemed to fill that role adequately, across the Pond.

Cary, have you seen any indications that Kamala Harris dislikes, or hates men in general?

Last edited:

AppLeo

From my experience, it's fashionable to hate anyone(s) depending on which group you identify with at the moment.

I think it's important to realize that we are individuals. We don't actually belong to any group (for groups are just arbitrary collective divisions that can be rearranged in a nearly infinite manner). As human beings, it's our moral duty that we respect our individuality and the individuality of others.

We don't have to unite and consume one another, and we don't need to divide and destroy one another.

Just be a person. jeez

Bunraku

From my experience, it's fashionable to hate anyone(s) depending on which group you identify with at the moment.

I think it's important to realize that we are individuals. We don't actually belong to any group (for groups are just arbitrary collective divisions that can be rearranged in a nearly infinite manner). As human beings, it's our moral duty that we respect our individuality and the individuality of others.

We don't have to unite and consume one another, and we don't need to divide and destroy one another.

Just be a person. jeez

But in real life people are group oriented and are treated as if they belong in groups, depending on the situation

Bunraku

“ You have frequently implied that problems with the world are due to men's conspiracy against women. ”

Because it’s true. The reason why the world is in such a mess and that women distrust men is because men have always put women down and oppressed them. It’s only until recent that women enjoy a few rights.

At least women are viewed as people these days. Not like property to be sold and traded off by guess who? MEN.

Don’t pretend like men as a collective didn’t do anything wrong :lol: and those who did nothing are just as bad as they let this evil continue.

AppLeo

But in real life people are group oriented and are treated as if they belong in groups, depending on the situation

There's nothing wrong with that, HOWEVER
when conflict arises because of sexism, racism, classism, [insert ism of your choice]... ultimately tribalism.

you can be sure it's because we've forgotten about the unique and individual light that resides in each and every one of us

AppLeo

people who try very hard to maintain the notion that there are groups over individuals, especially over-generalized groups all the men of past, present and future and all the women of past, present, and future...

you can be sure that they are literally out to "divide and conquer"

Cary2

Banned
What's being downplayed for some reason, is that, for the first time in history, A WOMAN IS NOW VICE PRESIDENT of the UNITED STATES! That makes this a "landmark" Election .

That's BOUND to be upsetting to some men, who think that a woman isn't capable of being Commander in Chief, in case the President is for some reason incapacitated.

No. What is being downplayed here are the expert and eloquent voices of the women whose threads were included in my posts. Tammy Bruce, Christina Hoff Sommers, and Allie Stuckey. I fully comprehend why you downplay these women. You suspect that they are not aligned with your identitarian politics or your SJW homilies. That's BOUND to be upsetting to some men.

If I want to comment on the grossly unsuitable Biden-Harris ticket, I will visit those many threads. There is no need for you to hijack this thread as if a brainwashed robot. I have not been shy on those many threads who want to debate presidential politics, so there is no need to hijack all other threads at astrologyweekly.com.

Last edited:

Bunraku

There's nothing wrong with that, HOWEVER
when conflict arises because of sexism, racism, classism, [insert ism of your choice]... ultimately tribalism.

you can be sure it's because we've forgotten about the unique and individual light that resides in each and every one of us

I feel like the uniqueness can only exist within a context of a group. Without the safety net of a society/civilization, then one cannot contribute their uniqueness to it.

If one lives in the woods as an individual, then they’re just no one.

It seems ironic.

AppLeo

I feel like the uniqueness can only exist within a context of a group. Without the safety net of a society/civilization, then one cannot contribute their uniqueness to it.

If one lives in the woods as an individual, then they’re just no one.

It seems ironic.

Yeah, like I said
There's nothing wrong with a group
just remember your individuality or else the group will consume you
that's all I'm saying

Bunraku

people who try very hard to maintain the notion that there are groups over individuals, especially over-generalized groups all the men of past, present and future and all the women of past, present, and future...

you can be sure that they are literally out to "divide and conquer"

I think we’re talking vaguely so probably we’re not communicating what we want to with each other.

As to dividing and conquering...
People do that themselves IMO. People want to rule, people want to follow etc. people separate themselves with not-like minded people to be with other like-minded people.

You want to be an individual, which is to divide yourself out of the equation. The equation being the common people. It’s fine, and it’s your choice.

I want to separate myself from others for sure :) but identifying with a group or cause can be very empowering: protests, unions, political movements, hobbies even. Some aren’t by choice, like sex, race, etc. because people have a shared common experience that bonds them with another.

If there was an Ayn Rand movement, I’m sure you’d feel right at home! :)

Cary2

Banned
“ You have frequently implied that problems with the world are due to men's conspiracy against women. ”

Because it’s true. The reason why the world is in such a mess and that women distrust men is because men have always put women down and oppressed them. It’s only until recent that women enjoy a few rights.

At least women are viewed as people these days. Not like property to be sold and traded off by guess who? MEN.

Don’t pretend like men as a collective didn’t do anything wrong :lol: and those who did nothing are just as bad as they let this evil continue.

You prove my point. I had nothing to do with denying women the right to vote. Condemning me because I was born of the male gender makes you a bigot and a man hater. Furthermore, I had nothing to do with your shortcomings and injustices in life, but you have just indicated that you would feel justified like all other man haters to punish me at will. That is the foundation of identitarian politics and so-called Social Justice Warriors. It is thinly disguised bigotry.

While I'm at it, and to further punctuate the point, I had nothing to do with slavery. I never owned any slaves, my father never owned any slaves, and his father never owned any slaves. Those who want to condemn me because I was born white are virulent racists.

Bunraku

You prove my point. I had nothing to do with denying women the right to vote. Condemning me because I was born of the male gender makes you a bigot and a man hater. Furthermore, I had nothing to do with your shortcomings and injustices in life, but you have just indicated that you would feel justified like all other man haters to punish me at will. That is the foundation of identitarian politics and so-called Social Justice Warriors. It is thinly disguised bigotry.

While I'm at it, and to further punctuate the point, I had nothing to do with slavery. I never owned any slaves, my father never owned any slaves, and his father never owned any slaves. Those who want to condemn me because I was born white are virulent racists.

So what have you done to help stop racism?
What have you done to help stop sexism?

If you let a train run over a person who is tied down to the railroad tracks, and you stood there and did nothing, then what does that make you?

Bunraku

Waybread is one of the more intelligent and well-read people of this forum. It might humble you to listen to her ;)