Arabic Parts- Does each part represent how your approach as specific subject?

Darth MI

Due to the lack of information online, I came under the assumption each part represents a specific aspect of your personality;

EG Part of Marriage represents how you view marriage, Part of Art represents your tastes in art, Part of Worldliness how you view the world and cultures,etc...

Basically I assumed to interpret a part, you basically think of how a sign would react to that specific topic. I have for example Part of Marriage in Capricorn. Even though I am as dreamy when it comes to love as Venus Pisces are, my idea of a husband is one who is very Capricornish; works hard to increase wealth and status of the family, very responsible, and very practical (would divorce if the family would suffer as a result of marriage. I always wondered why my idea of a husband was not Pisces at all even though I once thought the romance in a very Piscean manner. I was not surprised my Part of Marriage is in Capricorn. If I ever were to marry (highly unlike) even though I would be romantic as a lover/boyfriend, I would suddenly transition to being a Capricorn when it comes to my girlfriend after I marry her and we become husband and wife. I already knew before I got into astrology I would become a realist and not a dreamer romantic if I ever marry as far as handling as the MAN of the relationship.

Another example is that my Part of Sports is in Scorpio. When Iw as young I generally hated sports but combat sports were the exception-in fact whatever interest I had in sports were often fighting ones like wrestling and MMA and those related to training for war like running and timed obstacle course challenges. I read in several astrology books fighting sports is something Scorpios are big into as well as things military so I was not surprised my Part of Sports is in Scorpio (though now it probably transitioned to Aries).

Another example I noticed people who I calculated charts for who are not enthusiastic about military (and even find the topic boring or too horrifying/scary to talk about) tend to have their Parts of Armies in Pisces, Aquarius, or Libra;signs not known to be militaristic and actually would be anti-war. I myself am an example. My Part of Armies is in Scorpio conjunct its ruling planet in modern astrology Pluto, and I won't deny I was a DIEHARD MILITARIST when I was younger. To the point I admit looking back in hindsight my beliefs on militarism resembled that of the Nazis.

My father also has his Part of Armies in Scorpio and while he was nowhere close to a militarist I was, he's actually in the army and he EXCELS as a soldier. When he was young he initially wanted to be a soldier as his primary career choice before switching to accounting. He surprised everyone with his performance when he went to basic training years later. He's anything but Scorpio outside of the military save for paranoia (mostly as a result of life experiences) and is more of a hybrid of Leo and Virgo.But once he's in the barracks he's as much as a Scorpionic personality as a Scorpio can be. Especially in the field where he's so self-restrained and serious you'd think he's a completely different person.

My brother has his Part of Armies in Cancer and ohhhh he's INCREDIBLY PATRIOTIC and believes the military represents the best of the American spirit and the best most patriotic men of American society. Typically Cancerian personality in his approach to the military.

Am I correct in how to interpret Arabic Parts?Just think how a sign would approach that topic such as if you have Part of Rulers in Capricorn, you interpret how Capricorn would be like as a ruler based on Capricorn's nature? Or Part of Art in Libra in which you'd assume the person's taste in Art would be very Libran?

Last edited:

waybread

If you are just learning astrology, I recommend that you stick with the planets and houses before moving into the Arabian parts. I. e., start with the majors before you commence with the minors.

marriage: 7th house
art: Venus
sports, military matters: Mars

I highly recommend Rex E. Bills, The Rulership Book, so that you can see what planet sign or house rules which phenomenon.

JUPITERASC

Due to the lack of information online, I came under the assumption each part represents a specific aspect of your personality;

EG Part of Marriage represents how you view marriage, Part of Art represents your tastes in art, Part of Worldliness how you view the world and cultures,etc...

Basically I assumed to interpret a part, you basically think of how a sign would react to that specific topic. I have for example Part of Marriage in Capricorn. Even though I am as dreamy when it comes to love as Venus Pisces are, my idea of a husband is one who is very Capricornish; works hard to increase wealth and status of the family, very responsible, and very practical (would divorce if the family would suffer as a result of marriage. I always wondered why my idea of a husband was not Pisces at all even though I once thought the romance in a very Piscean manner. I was not surprised my Part of Marriage is in Capricorn. If I ever were to marry (highly unlike) even though I would be romantic as a lover/boyfriend, I would suddenly transition to being a Capricorn when it comes to my girlfriend after I marry her and we become husband and wife. I already knew before I got into astrology I would become a realist and not a dreamer romantic if I ever marry as far as handling as the MAN of the relationship.

Another example is that my Part of Sports is in Scorpio. When Iw as young I generally hated sports but combat sports were the exception-in fact whatever interest I had in sports were often fighting ones like wrestling and MMA and those related to training for war like running and timed obstacle course challenges. I read in several astrology books fighting sports is something Scorpios are big into as well as things military so I was not surprised my Part of Sports is in Scorpio (though now it probably transitioned to Aries).

Another example I noticed people who I calculated charts for who are not enthusiastic about military (and even find the topic boring or too horrifying/scary to talk about) tend to have their Parts of Armies in Pisces, Aquarius, or Libra;signs not known to be militaristic and actually would be anti-war. I myself am an example. My Part of Armies is in Scorpio conjunct its ruling planet in modern astrology Pluto, and I won't deny I was a DIEHARD MILITARIST when I was younger. To the point I admit looking back in hindsight my beliefs on militarism resembled that of the Nazis.

My father also has his Part of Armies in Scorpio and while he was nowhere close to a militarist I was, he's actually in the army and he EXCELS as a soldier. When he was young he initially wanted to be a soldier as his primary career choice before switching to accounting. He surprised everyone with his performance when he went to basic training years later. He's anything but Scorpio outside of the military save for paranoia (mostly as a result of life experiences) and is more of a hybrid of Leo and Virgo.But once he's in the barracks he's as much as a Scorpionic personality as a Scorpio can be. Especially in the field where he's so self-restrained and serious you'd think he's a completely different person.

My brother has his Part of Armies in Cancer and ohhhh he's INCREDIBLY PATRIOTIC and believes the military represents the best of the American spirit and the best most patriotic men of American society. Typically Cancerian personality in his approach to the military.

Am I correct in how to interpret Arabic Parts?Just think how a sign would approach that topic such as if you have Part of Rulers in Capricorn, you interpret how Capricorn would be like as a ruler based on Capricorn's nature? Or Part of Art in Libra in which you'd assume the person's taste in Art would be very Libran?
Our EDUCATION BOARD has an article by Ray Austin on THE FIVE LOTS OF FATE, SUCCESS YOUR FORTUNE CHART http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13197

Forum discussion on the Arabic Parts
also known as Lots :smile:
at
LOTS = PILLARS OF FATE at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47124

CURA's Digital International Astrology Library Online (DIAL)

A Repertory of Ancient Astrological Works (FIRST SET : before 1400)

by Patrice Guinard, PhD
http://cura.free.fr/DIAL.html

sworm09

I agree with Waybread in that you're going to want to learn the houses and planets and stuff first, and use them as significators first.

But since you brought up this example, I can explain (to the best of my ability).

Having your Part of Marriage in Capricorn isn't that big of a deal. You're going to want to pay much, much, much, much more attention to the planet that disposits (rules) the Part.

In this case it'll be Saturn, who rules Capricorn. What does that mean?

GENERALLY (Not taking your chart into consideration) it would mean that you're more inclined to marry much later in age, if at all. You're going to be inclined to marry once you have yourself together and you may find yourself marrying after 30, if at all. Furthermore, depending on what Saturn is doing in your chart, it could show that you are fearful of marriage, distant and aloof. These things taken into consideration will basically show your likelihood of marrying.

Of course the Part of Marriage wouldn't stand alone. The Part of Marriage could go on and on about your marrying later in age or marrying and older person, but if the other significators (7th house ruler) doesn't back that testimony up, it's definitely not certain and I'd definitely take the ruler of the 7th house and the natural significators (Sun and Mars if you're a female, Moon and Venus if you're a male) over the Part of Marriage in priority. It's not unimportant, but it needs to be incorporated with the rest of the chart.