Does Venus in 7th usually represent girlfriend?

woolgatherer

Hi,

I asked a relationship question and Venus was in the 7th house. I know that the man I'm asking about has a girlfriend, so I assumed it was her. But I've read that the last separating aspect from the Moon could be my co-ruler, and the first applying aspect could be his co-ruler. That would make me Venus... should I just ignore that in this case since Venus might already be someone else? This is starting to seem like a silly question because it's probably obvious, but I want to make sure.

Cancer was on the Asc, in case that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance

RayAustin

Yeah, well if Venus is there, and you know that the quesited has a girlfriend, then this is most likely confirming it.

RayAustin

woolgatherer said:
Ok, thanks!

So any aspects or receptions (or lack of them) between Venus and his sig would have to do with them, not me, right?

Yea.

I really don't like using co-significators much such as using venus for the querent if she's a woman, if the ascendant isn't ruled by venus. The ascendant should be for the querent and that's it, moon to some extent for the general outcome and events.

starlink

But I've read that the last separating aspect from the Moon could be my co-ruler, and the first applying aspect could be his co-ruler.

Where did you read this? personally I never heard of it but then, I did not read every book on the subject:)

Starlink

Scorpio80

Banned
I once got a professional horary reading about me and this guy. He was the Moon and I was Saturn. The Desc was 19 Cancer conjunct venus almost exactly in the 7th. The astrologer interpreted this that the quesited has love for me. Yes, it was a love question.
So I guess its not all about him having a g.f. at least in my case.

RayAustin

starlink said:
Where did you read this? personally I never heard of it but then, I did not read every book on the subject:)

Starlink

I have also heard of this somewhere on horary how-to sites, but I think this is going a little too far.. too many co significators cloud the judgment and the chart. I think it could be to a subtle effect, showing a facet of the querent but nothing that would change outcome.

cassanra

Actually it is in Anthony Louis book. Also planets in your house? and almutens! so it can get pretty complicated with so many parts of your self:) and the other...I think we would only use other if the question is not clear or there are conflicting indicators.

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi,
The way I would interpret that was to look at what house venus rules in the chart.
If Venus is in h7 say, as in your example, and is not a significator of the two parties, look to see of what is venus the significator? I don't see why venus would always be another person/woman.
Venus also rules house two matters,naturally, such as possessions. If, in the particular chart, venus ruled h5 it could relate to children.If it ruled house six, a health matter, for example.No placement ever means exactly the same thing. That's what makes judging charts a subjective practice.
Cheers,
lillyjgc