Marilyn Monroe

Ukpoohbear

Yes I asked my Gran what she thought of Marilyn Monroe and she liked Audrey Hepburn but MM was a sl** basically, which is very sad because MM had a very tough childhood and was a survivor.

MM shared a story about being treated like that. She went to view a property she was thinking of purchasing and a husband came out to greet her and asked if she was MM. The wife came out and shouted at her to get off the lawn.

I think it’s very sad that women see strong, sexual women as a threat and even see men as a threat. Men are stronger than women and women are sexual to attract men so they can breed.

MM having Lilith in the first house paved the way for the sexual liberation in the 60s but unfortunately had to put up with being shunned just like Lilith was.

We can see the same treatment towards Britney Spears in her conservatorship with men stealing her income and punishing her for not performing.

Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
All,

Please put SOME astrology into your response. If you want to chat about famous people while mentioning NO astrology, do so in the Chat Forum.

Back to astrology,

Tim

Ukpoohbear

Here is a photo of Marilyn wishing the Marines a Happy New Year.

happy-new-year-marines.jpg

Marilyn performed to the troops in South Korea in Feb 1954, during her honeymoon to baseball legend, Joe Dimaggio, her second husband, who she married at San Francisco City Hall on January 14th.

Here is a video of Marilyn performing to the troops. She later said it was the first time she felt like a star.

-- Rare Footage of Marilyn Monroe entertaining the troops on stage in Korea 1954.
-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDA0084gZWc&t=221s

According to the below article, it was on Feb 1st that a US army Officer approached the famous couple and asked Marilyn Monroe to perform for the troops. It marked the beginning of the end for the DiMaggio marriage, as Marilyn's career was beginning to take off, and Dimaggio was now retiring and his attempts to control Marilyn and her career would prove futile.

-- article
-- https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...SAZsC9ZWLc4KGZh0QNaJaVfbEGQsPdphQ7nYLEom6sLDo

Here is a chart of Marilyn's transits on Feb 1st 1954 --

--
marilynmonroe-Feb1954.jpg

You can see Venus is conjunct her DC which is a nice transit for love and marriage and also success in public relations.

As stated in previous posts, Marilyn's Pluto transit in her first house nicely describes the complete transformation of her circumstances and self. On this day, 1st Feb, it was retrograde and conjunct her Neptune/opposing her Moon-Jupiter conjunction in the 7th house.

Transit Mercury was passing in-between the natal Moon-Jupiter too.

Transit Jupiter had also just passed her natal Sun and is now in her 11th house.

-- These truly were the best years of Marilyn's short 36 years of life - a life characterised by a stratospheric, although, short-lived rise to fame. Although from her death, her fame only grew.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Consider that the movie industry has always been run by Weinstein types, and even worse. Wouldn't and doesn't that drive so many actors to ruin? Look at the amount of substance abuse. Music industry, the same thing. And just how many of these people live a long life, and who, how and why?

They're not all Betty White. Bet your bottom $ the DeathVax killed her.

You seem to be overly severe about Monroe.
No one is denying the substance and power abuse that went on and that still goes on in the film industry.
During her time, she truly was a glamor symbol for many women, along with Jayne Mansfield, Rita Hayworth, Jane Russell, Rhonda Fleming.
But she was the "top".
Remember in the states they were still prudish times, and these women went close to the permissible line, close but not over.
In those days, the general public didn't know about casting couches or Weinstein and buddies, drugs and alcohol addiction. That all came out afterwards.
The moon in Monroe's 7th of the public shows both where her emotional satisfaction was, with the public, and also the mesmerising allure she held for the public. It worked two ways.
Also the Neptune/Asc conjunction, allure and fascination, you couldn't quite grasp her, she was allusive.
With pluto conjunct ascendent, the universal planet, she certainly did reach millions. And pluto is transformation. Was she saint or sinner? Was she a saint transformed into temptress? A misunderstood intellectual or classic "dumb blond"?
The neptunian victim we wanted to see rescued from her fate?
Chiron on MH says how we see her, suffering through her career.
And these aspects also aided in laying a foundation for the continuous enchantment that is still attached to her. Which the others didn't and don't have.
All the thousands of books and articles written about her attest to the reality of her fascination.

Osamenor

Staff member
All,

You've already been told to keep your responses astrological...
All,

Please put SOME astrology into your response. If you want to chat about famous people while mentioning NO astrology, do so in the Chat Forum.

Back to astrology,

Tim

....and here some of you are making non-astrological posts again. I've deleted several posts for that reason. DO NOT post in this thread if what you have to say isn't based on astrology.

Serious about it,
Osamenor

JUPITERASC

Happy birthday Marilyn Monroe…!!! Who would be 94 years old today, June the 1st.

Please if anyone has any astrological interpretations to add, feel free :love:

marilynmonroechart.png

Jupiter Ruler of 8th
is in GREATER MALEFIC SATURNs domicile AQUARIUS
in wide conjunction with MOON also in AQUARIUS
in 7th House of relationships, including business relationships
amongst other significations, Moon represents the Public :smile:

for fans interesting in connecting the dots of a very public death
and "...collateral damage..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc2jGQFjVFs

Ukpoohbear

Jupiter Ruler of 8th
is in GREATER MALEFIC SATURNs domicile AQUARIUS
in wide conjunction with MOON also in AQUARIUS
in 7th House of relationships, including business relationships
amongst other significations, Moon represents the Public :smile:

for fans interesting in connecting the dots of a very public death
and "...collateral damage..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc2jGQFjVFs

JFK had nothing to do with MM’s death, it was an accidental overdose. Unfortunately the conspiracy theories have completely taken over any sense of truth about MM, as is befitting of natal Neptune opposite the Moon-Jupiter aspect you speak off.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

Transiting neptune currently on Marilyn's natal mars.
In 2022 she would have been 96 years old!!

It is a shame MM died so young but I also think it a bit of a blessing in disguise that she did not have to live through the humiliation of watching as her career washed up and she became forgotten, or was sectioned to a mental asylum, which was her worst nightmare, as this is what happened to her Mother.

As you can see from the day of her death posted above, transit Saturn was reaching her DC, and would have conjunct her Moon and opposing her Neptune, shortly after. Given that she was already severely depressed, it’s quite nice she didn’t have to live through that too.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Here is her natal chart with the insertion of a series of suicide asteroids.
Notice the numerous exact contacts: one on moon, one on mars (in the 8th of death), one on Venus, one on sun, two opposing Saturn.
Lots of triggers.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 18.56.31.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 18.56.31.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 47

Ukpoohbear

Marilyn Monroe was not a Pisces.

She was an extremely sensitive Neptunian though.

marilynfeet.jpg

Marilyn Monroe was a Gemini Sun.

It was conjunct her Mercury in the 11th house, which made Marilyn a very popular figure and with a keen intellect. Although Marilyn was a creative genius, this aspect may also have contributed to her mental health problems.

marilynhands.jpg

Last edited:

leomoon

Happy birthday Marilyn Monroe…!!! Who would be 94 years old today, June the 1st.

Please if anyone has any astrological interpretations to add, feel free :love:

marilynmonroechart.png

I've not read the other's comments, so this may be a repeating of same.

She has Venus in the sign of it's Detriment Aries.

Its known her relationships with men were mostly painful ones. Her 8th house of inheritance and pre-conception, shows the separation from her mother and other siblings who othe father took away

Mars is ruler of the 4th of homelife; whereas, Venus is ruler of hs. 3 siblings and of course how MM communicated. Venus also found in the 9th cj. Chiron.

Saturn registered for her when she was approx. 4 yrs of age. Square the Moon and Square Jupiter.

Was she assaulted so young at this age too? Or does Saturn, (older male) suggest her father gone from her life...

Her 8th house just prior to conception shows her mother would eventually be missing in her life (Mother was institutionalized for mental illness when MM was only 8 )

Her 8th house of conception, ruled by Mars. Mars in Pisces, a gentle soul, but also subject to victimization.

She admitted she was sexually abused by a man at the age of 8. (notes suggest this man was the foster family she lived with who her mother trusted because they were actors who were said to be Evangelicals)
From Wikipedia:

In the summer of 1933, Gladys bought a small house in Hollywood with a loan from the Home Owners' Loan Corporation and moved seven-year-old Monroe in with her. They shared the house with lodgers, actors George and Maude Atkinson and their daughter, Nellie.[19]

In January 1934, Gladys had a mental breakdown and was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia.[20] After several months in a rest home, she was committed to the Metropolitan State Hospital.

She spent the rest of her life in and out of hospitals and was rarely in contact with Monroe. Monroe became a ward of the state, and her mother's friend, Grace Goddard, took responsibility over her and her mother's affairs

IleneK

Premium Member
She was really dreamy with Neptune opposite Moon in the 7th. You can see it in her eyes. Really drawn to relationship with others while not knowing herself very well. Venus in Aries, an impulsive heart.

piercethevale

She was such an enigmatic figure, don't you think? She on the one hand had enormous public success and was envied by all, on the other she considered herself a failure and in fact wasn't able to maintain a solid intimate relationship.
The photo of Joe DiMaggio made an impression on me, a man who was so deeply in love with her, but couldn't stay in a close relationship with her.
He continued to bring roses to her grave for the rest of his life.
It makes me wonder about the karmic side of their relationship.

I'm still struggling to understand the effect of Chiron in conjunction [and any other aspect as well, I'm still not convinced that it has any effect at all. for that matter] Are you saying that Chiron wounds rather than heals?

Btw UK, I was considering your invite to add some Sabian commentary but after looking over Marilyn's chart most all this past day, I decided I must pass on it. I do have some observations but I'm going to post them in that same thread. You should be able to understand my reluctance once I make that post.
I do like to see other astrologers showing their Sabian knowledge. Nice.
I haven't read so very far into this thread as of yet, I'll try to read it all before too long. I don't wan to post anything until I see what all you have concluded. But, I'll say this much. Pre W.W. II recorded birth times, esp. those given on the hour or half hour, quarter hours too, but don't see them as often. And the other thing is QUINTILES, QUINTILES, AND QUINTILES :w00t: [WOW, did She ever have them going on...!] ...and an inverted pentagram on the chart.:andy:

ElenaJ

"Are you saying that Chiron wounds rather than heals?"

It does both, but not wounding others, rather it wounds the self, that then must learn to heal from the self-infliction.
It is a learning process that takes place, and normally Chiron would be triggered by other aspects/planets in a chart, or in synastry by links to another chart that touches it off.

Ukpoohbear

I'm still struggling to understand the effect of Chiron in conjunction [and any other aspect as well, I'm still not convinced that it has any effect at all. for that matter] Are you saying that Chiron wounds rather than heals?

Btw UK, I was considering your invite to add some Sabian commentary but after looking over Marilyn's chart most all this past day, I decided I must pass on it. I do have some observations but I'm going to post them in that same thread. You should be able to understand my reluctance once I make that post.
I do like to see other astrologers showing their Sabian knowledge. Nice.
I haven't read so very far into this thread as of yet, I'll try to read it all before too long. I don't wan to post anything until I see what all you have concluded. But, I'll say this much. Pre W.W. II recorded birth times, esp. those given on the hour or half hour, quarter hours too, but don't see them as often. And the other thing is QUINTILES, QUINTILES, AND QUINTILES :w00t: [WOW, did She ever have them going on...!] ...and an inverted pentagram on the chart.:andy:

As far as I’m aware, there is a recorded birth file for MM, I will try find a photo of her birth certificate and post it on his thread.

Feel free to make your own observations without needing to read hay has been written so far, there is no one conclusion that has to be followed. There are so many myths about Marilyn, it would be interesting to hear different perspectives about her chart, especially from someone with a specific field of interest, such as your own with regard to Sabian symbols.

I have also not yet replied to a couple others who have posted about heir perspectives on MM and I will respond to those as well very soon too :)

Oh and if you are hesitant to post in case it is negative, do not worry about that either, that would be interesting to hear too.

The only thing I tend to disagree with (but it does not go as far as to upset me), is when people believe MM was murdered by the Kennedy’s. My own belief is it was accidental suicide and she may have had a brief one night affair with a Kennedy, but that was the only such time.

My Sabian contributions you will find on the 1st page of this thread.

I look forward to reading your interpretations on MM’s chart, whether on your Sabian symbol thread or on here. :)

Ukpoohbear

This is Marilyn Monroe’s birth certificate, where you can see a time of 09:30am on it. She was born in LA so it was well documented. A quick google and it is apparent there is no disputes over Marilyn Monroe’s birth time :smile:

[imgr]https://i.ibb.co/7gcmYGm/12-EC4-ABD-F641-4-A5-C-BF2-B-685-C336-B7-F93.jpg[/imgr]

Last edited by a moderator:

piercethevale

This is Marilyn Monroe’s birth certificate, where you can see a time of 09:30am on it. She was born in LA so it was well documented. A quick google and it is apparent there is no disputes over Marilyn Monroe’s birth time :smile:

[imgr]https://i.ibb.co/7gcmYGm/12-EC4-ABD-F641-4-A5-C-BF2-B-685-C336-B7-F93.jpg[/imgr]

No disputes? Well other than myself, I guess?
I just don't trust birth times recorded before W.W.II. There was no "atomic clock" back then, who knows from what timepiece the time was recorded as, and more than likely it was a close estimate.

I think a hospital would be most likely to also use quarter hours for such estimation. I cast a number of charts and have reason to believe she was born any time between 9:22:16 a.m. and 9:39:22 a.m.
That would put Her Asc. from 11° Leo 28' 28" & M.C. at 04° Taurus 00' 00" to Asc. 14° Leo 59' 57" & M.C. 08° Taurus 24' 51"....

As I wrote that I know so very little about the woman there's no way I was able to determine anything by comparing the Sabian Symbols for 12th, 13th, 14th, and 15th degrees of Leo as to figure out which fit Her personality, her sense of awareness, as the symbolism for the Asc. is the "WHO" of the chart individual, not could I use the opposite degrees to determine what she was meant to transform into, or where she was headed, as the Desc. is the "WHERE-TO" of the chart axis, according to Dane Rudhyar, although I have found that it is sometimes more appropriate to think of it as "WHOM-TO".

You, however, might have a go at it, as you seem to know so very much about the woman.
The M.C.'s symbolically reveal the "HOW" of the transformation from the symbolism found at the Asc to that of the Desc. when interpreting the chart for the persons spiritual evolution, or progress. There you have quite a range as the earliest of the charts has 04° Taurus 00' 00", that's the 4th degree smack on the button all the way to the 9th degree of Taurus, and thus you have six Sabian Symbols to look over along with there polar opposites for the I.C. which is the symbolic "WHY" as to the other three points of the chart axis, as in "WHY" the transformation. For regarding Her mundane affairs the roles of the M.C. and I.C. are reversed.

But here's where I usually get to the bottom of things..that is through the Sabian Symbolism found for key Astrological Parts. Te earliest chart I have here puts the Part of Fortune at 20° Aries 03' 26" and that's the 21st degree of Aries while the latest chart has the Part of Fortune at 23° 44' 22", the 24th degree of Aries. Some there are four different Sabian Symbols to consider.
The Par of Catastrophe [which I've found to be an inevitable but necessary catastrophe to the individual, as you probably know that I've proposed that of the Nazarene to have been in the 28th degree of Virgo, as that is what is produced from the chart I cast, and that it has to do with challenging political and, or, religious power structures, hierarchies, and the like. My own Part of Catastrophe is symbolic of what caused me to travel 500 miles and move in with my brother for nine months just when He had compiled his findings from an two year intensive study of astrology, which He proceeded to teach me those 9 months. Thus it is a very necessary "catastrophe" but not necessarily always a lethal one, or even physically harming at all, but some occurrence that will be assessed as such in retrospect.... and forewarned is forearmed, being knowledgeable of it might allow one to be prepared and able to mitigate what damage it causes?These charts produce a Part of Catastrophe from 00° Gemini 01' 48", i.e. the 1st degree of Gemini to 03° Gemini 32' 37", which is the 4th degree of Gemini.

But the one that caught my attention is the Part of Destiny. [M.C. + Sun - Moon] The earliest time gives a Part of Destiny at 25° Leo 25' 02", which is a very beautiful Sabian Symbol, it's the degree that follows my M.C. and Part of Fortune and also happens to be the Part of Love and Appreciation from the chart I have proposed is that of the Nazarene and the woman that gave me the inspiration to produce a chart for that date with Pluto conj. the Asc., which was the key to the entire find. That woman, Miss X, as I identify her in the book, was given a reading by the clairvoyant I've trusted the last , nearly, 20 years, as for past life associations and is said to have been one of the two nannies the Nazarene had in that lifetime. The other nanny having been identified by Edgar Cayce some 80 to 90 years ago. Hence why I found it so fascinating, and so logical, that she would also have the same Sign and degree for her Part of Love in this lifetime as well as a Pluto Ascendant conjunction, that allows here to have the vision and the ability to heal.
But, as to that Sabian Symbol being a Part of Destiny for Marilyn?

The latest time I have a chart for, however,, gives the Part of Destiny at 29° Leo 40' 25", which is the 30th degree of Leo. Now that means the Part could be either the 26th, the 27th, the 28th, the 29th, or the 30th degree of Leo.
But it's the 30th that caught my eye .
For one thing it is the same Sign and Degree I have my Part of Astrology in [Part of Signs to be found Around oneself, what are made visible to all. The other Part also titled Part of Signs, is really about Omens and Signs, the kind which are personal to oneself, and for that person exclusively] It is also Donald Trump's Ascendant, and I think is so bloody obvious that it fits Him like a "T".
As you did mention the speculation, the belief held by some, that she was divulging certain information. For the Sabian Symbol for the 30th degree of Leo, as given and interpreted by the late Dane Rudhyar in his book, "An Astrological Mandala", is given as...

"LEO 30°: AN UNSEALED LETTER.

KEYNOTE:
The realization by the individual that all thoughts and all messages are inevitably to be shared with all men.

Coming as it does as the end of this tenth scene and linked with the last degree of the zodiacal sign, Leo, this symbol seems at first quite puzzling; when it has been thought of as an isolated symbol, its essential meaning has not been apparent. The fact that a letter is unsealed does not imply a trust that other people will not read its contents, but rather the idea that the contents are for all men to read. The letter contains a public message in the sense that when man has reached the stage of true mental repolarization and development — which we see in the very first symbol for Leo — he has actually become a participant in the One Mind of humanity. Nothing can really be hidden, except superficially and for a brief time. What any man thinks and deeply realizes becomes the property of all men. Nothing is more senseless than possessiveness in the realm of ideas. If God speaks to a man, Man hears the word. Nothing can remain permanently 'sealed'.

As this thirtieth sequence of five symbols ends, it is made clear to us, and particularly to the inherently proud Leo type, that all that takes form within the mind of a man belongs to all men. Communication and
SHARING must always prevail over the will to glorify oneself by claiming sole possession of ideas and information.
"

As to being my Part of Astrology, it relates in that I claim nothing to be proprietary of my findings, discoveries if you may, but these things were all known in a time of great antiquity. I have never made even a dime from the book I wrote as I violated the terms of the contract by writing of the contents online like I do.
As for being Donald Trump's Asc. I think that's pretty obvious. He talks way too much more than he should, which doesn't make him a "bad man", just rather bad for a diplomat. [hmmm.? I going to have to look and see what His Part of Catastrophe is after I finish writing this!]

AS for the possibility that it may be Marilyn's Part of Destiny, I think you get the picture?

Yet, the 29th of Leo does sound like it could also very well be. The 28th has potential as well. The 27th of Leo, I have to say that I don't see it as a fit, but I could be wrong? And as for the Sabian Symbol for the 26th degree of Leo, the one I have already touched on as being the Sabian Symbol for Part of Love from the chart I have proposed for the Nazarene, and it being the same for "Miss X", it has some potential too, and was given by Dane as [without the commentary, Just the symbol and Dane's "keynote", as it his remark in the keynote that caught my eye][ibid.]

"LEO 26°: AFTER THE HEAVY STORM, A RAINBOW.
KEYNOTE:
Linking above and below, the Covenant with one's divine nature, promise of immortality.
"

...just that bit about "immortality" is what I'm referring to here. She has become somewhat 'immortal".

But I'm in favor of that 30th degree of Leo as being the degree of Her M.C. but then again I know so very little about the woman. I did enjoy a few of her films though. "Some Like It Hot" is my favorite.

I'll post the images for the earliest of the charts I cast and for the latest one. So as to substantiate the derived calculations I gave above.

For the early
Marilyn-Monroe-alternative-rectified-9-22-16a-m.png

and the later
Marilyn-Monroe-alternative-rectified-9-39-22a-m.png

piercethevale

I forgot to add that seeing that astrotheme is using a different Lilith than the one I've been sticking with, and that it makes sense to find it on Her Asc. is something I'm grateful for for having gotten involved with this thread. I'm going to be casting charts with both and keep studying and comparing one to the other.
Thanks for the invitation to participate.
ptv