Grimes/Claire Boucher - her ASC

NeverSafe

Hey guys I'm sure some of you are familiar with the Canadian artist/musician Grimes, I've been on and off following her since 2012 but have been a regular fan of her music. Her chart is super interesting. Double Pisces, Venus and Jupiter in Taurus, and Mars, Neptune, Saturn, and Uranus ALL in Capricorn! She's a total Pisces though, it's really reflected in her music, it's very otherworldly, ethereal, a lot of Dune and medieval references, at times it sounds religious and spiritual (use of church-y reverb), and has been likened to Enya several times. As a fellow Pisces dominant I'm naturally drawn to her music. But anyway I'm also interested to see what her rising sign could potentially be.

I've always felt Gemini or Sagittarius rising, but I'm certain it's Gemini, due to her apparent restlessness, fast-paced speech, youthful looks, ever changing appearance, and the sort of way she has this mischievous grin that I feel is such a Gemini thing. And her latest album is really quirky, catchy, and fun very Gemini IMO. That could potentially put her Pisces stellium in her tenth house, and I have to admit she's very active and vocal on social media. Back in the day she used to regularly write on her tumblr, and would write guides on how to make music (selfless pisces mercury on the midheaven anyone?)...but then also a Stellium in the 8th with the Capricorn possibly? What do you guys think? Also time for any Grimes fans to come out of the dark lol.

Some of her songs. I tried to pick one from each era;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FH-q0I1fJY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-aWEYezEMk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nXRWNnp0_s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2EJMd7ZN7w

Attachments

• Grimes.jpg
    Grimes.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Grimes 3.jpg
    Grimes 3.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Grimes p4k.jpg
    Grimes p4k.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 49
  • grimes i.jpg
    grimes i.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Grimesz.jpg
    Grimesz.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 46

craft94

I'm a Grimes fan too. No idea what her Ascendant is, her prescence just screams "PISCES" to me, but I agree Gemini Rising with a Pisces 10th house would make a lot of sense. Venus and Jupiter in the 12th?

Kalyxa

Grimes/Claire's birth time is 11:30pm. I know this because I went to high school with her and we hung out in the same social circle for several years. I have been an astrology nerd since my teens so I would frequently ask friends who I hung out with back then (and still do) what time they were born at, so I could draw up their charts and study them. I remember her chart well and still have it saved on my astro.com list. She has a Scorpio Ascendant and Moon in Aries, not in Pisces as some websites suggest.

NeverSafe

Grimes/Claire's birth time is 11:30pm. I know this because I went to high school with her and we hung out in the same social circle for several years. I have been an astrology nerd since my teens so I would frequently ask friends who I hung out with back then (and still do) what time they were born at, so I could draw up their charts and study them. I remember her chart well and still have it saved on my astro.com list. She has a Scorpio Ascendant and Moon in Aries, not in Pisces as some websites suggest.

Oh my god, I literally was only linked back to this thread because I randomly looked up her chart again today and then saw that this was my post I made some years back! I totally forgot about it! :w00t:

So this is very late but thank you! I'm a little surprised to see she's a Scorpio rising, but not surprised by the Aries moon at all. She seems very strong-willed, forward-thinking, and driven. I feel like she has a high-speed mind. Plus, it makes so much sense with her fascination with war and battles.

that makes a lot of since. The other sites do say other wise. I got curious about this because my birthday is march 19 just 1982 not 1988. I'm Sagittarius rising.