Whitney Houston

Cary2

Banned
Whitney Houston's birthchart comes from Astrodatabank where it is rated "AA" meaning there is great confidence in its accuracy, and of course Astrodatabank has the greatest respect among astrologers for accurate birth data.

I am a modern astrologer who leans heavily on the German schools like cosmobiology and the Uranian schools. That is I put less emphasis on signs and houses and more emphasis on planetary contacts like aspects, configurations and midpoint pictures which are very like configurations. Aspects connect two or more factors; configurations connect three or more factors. Ascendant, Midheaven, Sun and Moon are chart significators. Aspects and configurations that contain one or more of these are more dominant and influential. Planets or configurations that contact one or more of the significators are candidates for chart rulership. Two or more such rulerships can happen. Rulership merely distinguishes which topics are most important in chart interpretation. I do not connect the various parts together by following a trail of dispositors.

The planet closest to one of the angles, As, Ds, Mc, Ic is Mercury. Actually it is a stellium containing Mercury. [A stellium to me is a group of conjunctions that may also contain points.] Mercury/Pluto/Uranus. Mercury is the Verbal, Vocal, Mental. Mercury is also biquintile Moon which is itself trine to Midheaven. Mercury/Moon aspects are often found prominent in the charts of vocalists. Whitney's mother was a successful singer, and she began teaching Whitney to sing early.

Midheaven is opposite the midpoint of Whitney's Sun/Moon trine. A Sun/Moon trine is often a sign of a beautiful woman [see "Astrologer's Handbook"]. Also Whitney's Ascendant is opposite the Mars/Venus midpoint. Plus there is a T-square Venus[Sun] opposite Saturn and square to Neptune. Such Venus/Neptune/Saturn pictures are very common in professional models. It speaks of the professional demands (Saturn) of beauty (Venus/Neptune). Before Whitney was known as a legendary singer, she modeled professionally for fashion in her teens. She was discovered by a scout who saw her accompany her mother at one of her mother's performances. She was seen in "Seventeen", "Glamour", "Cosmopolitan" and "Young Miss". She appeared in a Canada Dry soft drink commercial.

Though Whitney was offered record deals, her mother would not allow it until Whitney was graduated from school, at which time she took Clive Davis's offer from Arista records. Soon Whitney was breaking into the charts and breaking chart records. Her career is marked by vast popularity (Venus-trine-Jupiter and Moon-conjunct-Jupiter) and record-breaking sales and record-breaking awards. Jupiter aspecting Mc is typical of award-winning. She had Jupiter trine Mc. Record breakers usually have prominent Sun/Jupiter connections. There is a Sun/Jupiter/Mc grand trine.

Ebertin says of Mercury/Pluto/Uranus "indefatigability of one's work or creativity".

Neptune is at the midpoint of Mars/Mc suggesting substance abuse or danger from water or fluids. This also suggests her acting career. Pluto[Ds] at the Sun/Mars midpoint suggests her heart disease.

Mercury/Pluto on Descendant suggests marriage to a criminal. Bobby Brown had numerous run-ins with the law including drunk-driving, drug-possession and battery. He also served some jail time. Mc opposite the Sun/Moon midpoint would show how her spouse and her relationship would be big news.

In her interview with Barbara Walters, Walters asked Whitney if she had drug dependency. Whitney answered, "I'm too rich to take drugs".

Whitney died by drowning in her bathwater due to the combination of heart disease and cocaine.

Attachments

• astro_2atw_whitney_houston.65335.36926.jpg
    astro_2atw_whitney_houston.65335.36926.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited: