~ The Tarot Guide ~

Ukpoohbear

I looked back on this spread I did last year about this same guy. The meaning of the cards has changed to me now I have the blessing of hindsight and so I thought I would share my thoughts on the meaning of the cards.

This is the spread:

truelovespread.jpg

And these are the cards I got for it:

rossandmetruelovespread1.jpg

The first card represents me and I got the 7 of cups. This represents wishes hopes and dreams but it can also represent choices in love. There has not been much choice in love, as in, I haven't had to make a decision between two guys, so so far it has been representative of me wishing and hoping and dreaming for this connection, which is very true.

The card to represent him is the fool. In his chart he has no retrogrades and a couple planets at zero degrees, which to me indicates a new stage in his soul growth and evolution, which corresponds to the fool's journey. I know he is currently healing from a painful breakup which could represent the fool beginning over.

For our connection card I got the 6 of cups. This is the card of the past, soul mates and also of the past repeating itself. All has been true so far. When I first met him, I got a feeling I had been here before but it wasn't exactly a good feeling, it was a feeling of remembering I had been previously unfulfilled. At first I thought it was because he reminded me of an ex but it could also be a past-life connection between us. The point could be that we came together in this life to resolve some past issues and we aren't actually going to be together forever.

The 4th card is the relationship strengths card and it was the emperor card, or in this deck, the 'king of the ocean.' This card confused me for ages and it still does. IT could mean there is a structured approach to our relationship but in actuality what hindsight has shown me is this card represents him. He is the one in control and pulling all the strings, he is the one ends the communication and returns. This is not necessarily a good thing but it is what is keeping us 'together.'

The 5th card is relationship weaknesses and I got 5 wands. At first I thought this card meant we argued a lot but the 5 wands is notorious for meaning competition in love. This meaning has proven to be true. He always leaves to go with another girl. Not nice, I know.

The last card is the true love card. It also shows potential weaknesses. It was the ace of wands. At first I thought this card meant there was a spark. There is a spark but Im not sure that is the only meaning now. Aces are notorious for meaning the beginning of something that never becomes established and that has been true of us so far. Our connection has not gotten off the ground. IT is also the card of friendship and maybe this slow build-up is good in the sense we are slowly building the connection between. Or maybe, it is destined to never get off the ground. More time will tell :) It is not the worst card to get but still not exactly a 'true love' card.

ElenaJ

Here again, from Labyrinthos...
"Several decisions lie ahead of you with the appearance of the 7 of Cups in a love tarot reading. If you are single, you may have to make a decision between different lovers, or perhaps between love and family, or love and career. The 7 of Cups tarot love meaning can also signal that all the choices may look tempting right now, but though they glisten with promise, they may be illusions. Take your time and consider things carefully; only diligent communication and evaluation will give you what you desire. With love, we may be tempted to rush into a situation, letting lust and infatuation guide us towards something that in the long run won’t last. It is important to think of all the options, as well as look into any red flags or gut feelings of “something is wrong”, you may feel about the relationship. Trust your instincts."

So it isn't so much a choice between two persons, but two alternatives.

Here, too, for the Fool, a more positive interpretation:

"When this card shows up in a love tarot reading, get ready to embark on a new adventure. The Fool tarot meaning in love signals that you'll need to experience new things in order to find the romance that you desire. Be willing to take risks, be bold and expand your vision of the world and you may end up finding love in the most unlikely places. Surprises are in store for you.
Since the Fool represents the start of new journeys, it's tarot meaning in love can be an indicator of new relationships."

6 of cups
Do you have past life aspects in your synastry with him?

The Emperor
"Although the Emperor is a very serious man, without any real sense of romance, its appearance in a love tarot reading can still be beneficial. The Emperor tarot love meaning asks us to bring common sense, structure, discipline and logic to relationships and romance. Relationships around this tarot card may be rather traditional, and perhaps stifling if not handled too carefully."

5 of wands
Yes, this could be a weakness in any kind of relationship where you expect to have a commitment.

Ace of wands and true love
"The Ace of Wands tarot love meaning signals excitement and passion; things are heating up for you! Your relationship may take on a very sensual character at this moment, and the same holds true of potential romances if you’re single. There may be lots of flirtation and attraction, and even some room for longer lasting relationships should the lust also be accompanied by some kind of spiritual understanding. If you’re committed, and the passion has since faded, now can be the time when it is revived again. There is a good chance for rekindling the flames, and for the two of you to feel more emotionally connected."

Thirdteenth

Is this a thread that is open for questions to be asked on? Because I got few. Well just one but you never really know what an active mind will ask.

Thirdteenth

And these are the cards I got for it:

rossandmetruelovespread1.jpg

I love these cards. This is the oceanic tarot correct? I like the keywords. It would be great oracle (but still a mutated tarot :lol:) for like an original RWS deck. The choice to put this sort of pip flare to it is interesting though.

Scherzy

Hello :) Maybe I would like to ask you, as I cannot look tarot myself. I would like to ask if I will become a celebrity in my career :)
If you want, I can look at you tarot in return :)

Ukpoohbear

I love these cards. This is the oceanic tarot correct? I like the keywords. It would be great oracle (but still a mutated tarot :lol:) for like an original RWS deck. The choice to put this sort of pip flare to it is interesting though.

Yes it’s called the Oceanic tarot, the imagery is gorgeous isn’t it 🐬 🧜🏻 I haven’t used Oracle cards yet but someone pointed out to me they’re good for yes or no q’s, so I might venture into them. The Oceanic is a bit like oracle in the sense there’s not much imagery for some of the cards, it makes it quite difficult to learn with if you don’t know the symbolism.

You can request a reading or request help with an interpretation of a reading you’ve done. If requesting a reading then offering an exchange would make it fair but it doesn’t have to be tarot, it could be another form of divination like the pendulum for eg.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

Hello :) Maybe I would like to ask you, as I cannot look tarot myself. I would like to ask if I will become a celebrity in my career :)
If you want, I can look at you tarot in return :)

Sounds good, I’ll do a reading for you tomorrow if that’s ok. For my reading can I ask about my job and if I will stick with it please 😊

Ukpoohbear

Hey Scherzy, here is your reading for your question about if you will become a celebrity in your chosen field. The cards I got were very interesting and I will explain why.

Here are the cards I got. I did a 3 card spread of past, present and future. Especially when doing cold readings for people, this set up is very handy because the past card helps to give context to the situation.

scherzytarot.jpg

So for past you got 6 Pents.' This card is interesting because it is one of those cards which can have different meanings. Is the person giving out money to the poor being generous, or is he favouriting one over the other. One person is receiving more coins than the other, and it is the one whose clothes look more ragged and torn that is receiving less money. The image of the scales reinforces this meaning of balance v's imbalance. So I guess it comes down to, which person are you in this card?

For a career question in the past I would be inclined to say you are one of the two beggar people, meaning you have been in a position of subordination and the person handing out money represents your boss/manager. I think it is saying you have had to work hard to prove yourself to him/her.

In the present position you got the page of pentacles. The fact there are two pentacles cards for a career question is very apt. Page of Pents is showing an improvement in your career. You have gone from being in a subordinate position to being a very conscientious and hard-working person. You are gaining recognition of your hard work and have made improvement.

For the future you got 10 of swords. I think it is important when doing readings for people not to shy away from when a 'negative' card pops up. I did a reading for someone else only a couple of days ago and he got 10 of swords in the present position. He gave me feedback after and said 10 of swords to him was apt because he is currently going through a 'shedding of the skin' time in his life. It is like a dark night of the soul card, a card of transformation, but not as severe as the Tower or Death in its transformation. It is also a card of endings so I wanted more context.

I pulled two cards beneath 10 of swords, one for what it means and the other for what it does not mean. What it means I got 'Strength' and what it does not mean I got The World. The World card is a symbol of completion, since it is the last card in the Major's. So it does not mean completion, or endings. It means strength.

I get the feeling whatever you are doing right now, you will eventually decide it is not for you, you will grow out of it and need a bigger challenge.

Kintpuash

Banned
When the 6th of Swords shows up anywhere in my own readings, I know I am about to make a move 'away' from a bad situation. The only time it is ever wrong is when it shows up in the hopes for future position. Hopes are not always realities. It usually indicates, to me, that there is worse to continue. If this card has been discussed previously, could anyone share the link to the post?

Ukpoohbear

When the 6th of Swords shows up anywhere in my own readings, I know I am about to make a move 'away' from a bad situation. The only time it is ever wrong is when it shows up in the hopes for future position. Hopes are not always realities. It usually indicates, to me, that there is worse to continue. If this card has been discussed previously, could anyone share the link to the post?

This is meant to be one of the most positive sword cards you can get. ‘Moving away’ from something is definitely the meaning I have gotten from this card too. I will share my personal favourite website to get tarot meanings from, sometimes you have to sign up for their newsletter with your email before it will let you read the rest of the page, which is a bit annoying, but I just used a made-up email and now it’s stopped asking me.

https://divinationandfortunetelling.../six-of-swords-predictive-tarot-card-meanings

This page says that in a romantic setting a lover will move away from you, with somebody else. I had a good old flirt with a repair man that came to mine one time and although he mentioned he had a wife, I wanted to to know what he thought of me. For feelings I got the empress and he did seem in ‘awe’ of me but for the outcome it was 6 swords, so he did move away with someone else, ie back to his wife. But it is still a positive card because it’s not like I was expecting anything, just we had a lovely conversation and I could tell he liked me. Pity and typical he was married, because he had a lot going for him.

Last edited:

Kintpuash

Banned
Thank you - your link worked fine.

The Six of Swords is the card of movement. When this card makes an appearance, you can be guaranteed that you are about to make a move in some area of your life. The Six of Swords can also predict travel away from or towards conflict.
The Six of Swords always predicts movement and obviously this can be literal. You will get out of your hometown and go somewhere a bit different. Traditionally, it is said that those who receive the Six of Swords will travel by or close to water, typically in boats. However, with the invention of airplanes now-a-days this card may just mean a trip in a plane to a foreign country.

Thank you UKpoohbear. Yes - that is good confirmation of my experiences. As I mentioned - in hopes for future position - I've seen it as 'towards' conflict - 'things will get worse'.

In homespun terms - 'lick your wounds and walk away' or 'stay for another miserable day'.

If it's followed by a happy cup card, I'll take it, lol.

Ukpoohbear

Glad the link worked. In your experience, how bad was the conflict? The link I shared said it was one of the best cards to get from the sword suit, so the conflict shouldn’t be too bad, compared to other conflict cards like 10 swords, 10 wands etc.

Kintpuash

Banned
Maybe in relation to 7th house astrology - the conflict of commitments made, agreements, or mutual understandings. Avowals of faith and trust and 'being there' or being present to be there and then something went bad/wrong/happened. The images are of rowing away from bad situations - and a light ahead. At least they have a boat and a destination, right? It's a symbolic card of leaving a bad situation or heading from a bad one into the 'light'. But who knows if that town will be better than the last? Or the next person? Sometimes a person will stay stuck in relationship because they ask those questions and that is why I mentioned sticking around for more. 6th house imagry too in that card - 'did all I could and it didn't work' ?

Ukpoohbear

That’s a good description of the type of conflict to be expected. I like how you incorporated 7th and 6th house themes, 7th because there is a definite relationship aspect to this card and 6th because it’s less emotional and more of a pragmatic decision that’s has been made, ie there’s no drama and the 6th house would fit that being cadent. According to the astrology images I posted on the previous page, the 6 swords correlates to Mercury in Aquarius, which I think is very fitting.

Last edited:

Kintpuash

Banned
It has been a while since I did a Tarot spread, a few years or more. The 6 of swords has been symbolic in my readings for reasons I mentioned earlier.

There is a definite Saturnian element to it, if you like to laugh - they are not up shitzcreek without a paddle.

It means there is resource and direction, even in regret or sorrow. It is hopeful. Even if the main card is the tower in the chart, it is hopeful.

Ukpoohbear

This is just a quick message for anyone to comment on and for me to come back to the idea of the 4 of Wands not meaning a ‘coming together’ but the opposite, a completion. I’ve seen it happen a couple of times in readings that it signifies ‘the end,’ yet all the meanings online have been about a connection strengthening ie making it official or marriage etc.

Thirdteenth

Ouuu! Exchanges are allowed on here? I would like to do an exchange :joyful: Seems like it would be fun and feedback would be surely appreciated on this side. However, I prefer a private setting for the exchange. If that is not a bother to anyone here. Hit me up if anyone wants to do an exchange. I got rules though but I promise it won’t be much trouble :love: