Two astrology questions

PlutorisingLee

1. How do you interpret two (or more) natal stelliums in aspect to one another? I always struggle with reading those.
I am especially interested in the process of interpreting in such a case.

2. What are common indicators of sibling relationships in composite and synastry?
4th house or 3rd house emphasis?

Anything on both topics is helpful. I basically struggle with interpreting conjunctions in aspect to one another and indicators of family relationships in synastry/composite.

Thank you

Attachments

• Conjunctions.jpg
    Conjunctions.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

JUPITERASC

1. How do you interpret two (or more) natal stelliums
in aspect to one another?

I always struggle with reading those.

WHEN TWO OR MORE PLANETS OCCUPY A HOUSE :smile:
'….... then the most powerful action on the house significations
is from the house ruler
then, from the exaltation ruler
then from the planet with closest natural analogy with the house meanings.
When, among many planets occupying the same house,
some correspond by their analogy to the meanings attached to the house,
whereas others are contrary to them
then ascertain which of these two groups is the most powerful....'

2. What are common indicators of sibling relationships in composite and synastry?

Anything on both topics is helpful. I basically struggle with interpreting conjunctions in aspect to one another and indicators of family relationships in synastry/composite.

Thank you

katydid

When interpreting stellium aspecting each other, midpoints are often helpful.

Planets in the middle of the stellium are often the exact midpoints of those surrounding them. The planet at the midpoint becomes very powerful and kind of like the 'director' of the stellium.

And do the same with the other stellium, and you can see which planets from both stellium are directing the play. :ninja:

I had a relative, may he RIP, that had a stellium of 5 planets in Leo in his 10th. He had an exact Sun/Pluio conjunction, and it was at the midpoint of the stellium. Thus Mercury/Mars=Sun/Pluto

That stellium squared his Moon, Saturn and Ascendant. His Moon was the mp of the Saturn/Ascendant.

So it boiled down to Merc/Mars=Sun/Pluto=Sat/Asc=Moon

Or Sun/Pluto=Moon

He was diagnosed with Schizophrenia when he was about 20. He had a severe case of bipolar extremes until his death at age 61.

Last edited:

waybread

1. How do you interpret two (or more) natal stelliums in aspect to one another? I always struggle with reading those.

It depends on the aspect/s as to whether the relationships between the planets are harmonious or stressful. Do you have a chart for us to look at?

Thank you

Siblings are the third house, the 4th is more about your parents and early childhood conditioning. For many people it makes sense to look at both.

Conjunctions operate like a couple (or threesome, or foursome, depending upon how many planets are involved.) They operate in tandem.

PlutorisingLee

Thank you Katy!

I'm sorry about your relative. I really find "hard aspects" are no biggy compared to those charts dominated by two major stelliums. I know several such people and it is always the case.

I am sure there are exceptions of course...But conjunctions are hard aspects.

When interpreting stellium aspecting each other, midpoints are often helpful.

Planets in the middle of the stellium are often the exact midpoints of those surrounding them. The planet at the midpoint becomes very powerful and kind of like the 'director' of the stellium.

And do the same with the other stellium, and you can see which planets from both stellium are directing the play. :ninja:

I had a relative, may he RIP, that had a stellium of 5 planets in Leo in his 10th. He had an exact Sun/Pluio conjunction, and it was at the midpoint of the stellium. Thus Mercury/Mars=Sun/Pluto

That stellium squared his Moon, Saturn and Ascendant. His Moon was the mp of the Saturn/Ascendant.

So it boiled down to Merc/Mars=Sun/Pluto=Sat/Asc=Moon

Or Sun/Pluto=Moon

He was diagnosed with Schizophrenia when he was about 20. He had a severe case of bipolar extremes until his death at age 61.

I will try this! Seems like a powerful technique but also helpful and practical. I did this with one chart and her Pluto was "directing the play" :alien: it was well-aspected so I think it can suggest ways of resolving some of the conflicts.

The trickiest charts for me are those that involve the outer planets in those stelliums...Super sensitive people to the collective atmosphere. It is interesting to see the generational themes becoming so deeply personal.

PlutorisingLee

It depends on the aspect/s as to whether the relationships between the planets are harmonious or stressful. Do you have a chart for us to look at?

I don't have permission to post this chart but I'll try to find a similar one and post it soon :biggrin:
I think conjunctions are truly so difficult to interpret! For me at least. A lot of syntheses.

Siblings are the third house, the 4th is more about your parents and early childhood conditioning. For many people it makes sense to look at both.

Conjunctions operate like a couple (or threesome, or foursome, depending upon how many planets are involved.) They operate in tandem.

Could you tell looking at a composite if this was a chart of siblings or parents and children?

I have close conjunctions to the IC in the composite chart with both my siblings but none with my parents. The parent-chidren composite chart is focused on other houses.

I suppose everyone's relationship is different :pouty: although I imagine that if IC is what baggage/heritage we are brought up with as siblings there would be some connection (unless the age gap is significant).

I added a chart with some conjunctions :)

Last edited:

waybread

I doubt that you could distinguish a "blind" composite/synastry chart of siblings vs. child/parents.

It may help to think of planets in terms of key words.

The sun shows one's identity or sense of self. A planet conjunct the sun (in modern astrology) shows what the person identifies with.

With Mercury conjunct the sun, the person probably identifies (sun) with her intelligence (Mercury). Especially for the chart native of your OP, because Mercury is domiciled in Gemini. (Domicile: a planet in the sign it rules.) Jupiter is typically a principle of expansion or optimism. It also rules thinking but in a much more panoramic "big picture" sense than Mercury.

This is a very airy chart, with 7 planets in the air signs of Gemini and Libra. Ideas are very important to this person. Even if s/he never managed much formal education, this person's approach to life is probably mental or intellectual.

The moon, among other things is one's emotional nature. Conjunct Saturn, we may be looking at depressed or pessimistic (Saturn) feelings (moon.) Neptune does not deal with reality. It deals with beautiful illusions and bitter disillusionment, but also with visionary inspiration and creativity. Neptune also rules drugs and alcohol. Given the square with Uranus, I wonder if this person struggles with emotional health issues.

With Pluto in Leo and Neptune in Libra, I can see that this is the chart of an older person. You should have some ability to look back and see how his/her life has worked out.

Osamenor

Staff member
Any stellium is an emphasis on the house(s) where it's found. Much of the native's life issues and themes will be concentrated in those areas of life. If there's more than one, and they're in aspect, then an interplay between those areas of life is going to be, more or less, the sum of their life. For example, if there's a stellium in the first house and another in the seventh, the balance between self and others will always be a the theme playing in the background.

Do you mean a composite or synastry between siblings? Their charts interact just like any two people's may. Read it the same way as anyone else's, only with siblings, we're probably eliminating the possibility of any romantic relationship.

If you're talking about an individual's chart, siblings are found in the third house, but the indicators can be subtle. Here's an example in my own life: I have my third house cusp in Pisces: Jupiter-ruled, traditionally. My Jupiter could be a third or fourth house planet, depending on how you define it: it's on my IC just minutes on the third house side of the cusp.

I have two siblings. No two of us have the same third house sign or the same Jupiter sign, but both of my siblings have Jupiter solidly in their third houses.

We were born at three year intervals. Three years is the corner of a Jupiter cycle: the first Jupiter square to its natal position comes at the age of three, the opposition at the age of six, etcetera. So, each younger sibling was born at a crucial Jupiter transit time for the older sibling(s). Jupiter describes us, in that way.

I'm the firstborn. I see it this way: when I was born, my siblings didn't exist yet, hence my not-quite-certain-of-being-in-the-third-house Jupiter. But my parents intended to have at least two children, so the strong potential for siblings was there. By the time my younger siblings came along, that they would have siblings was set in stone. Both of them have Jupiter unquestionably in the third house.

And speaking of the three year Jupiter signature, I was born three years, almost to the day, after my parents married.