I think we undermine the importance of decade charts

MDH

Perhaps it's all in my head, but it seemed interesting how dramatic the tone switch was from the 70's to the 80's, and the 80's to the 90's - especially in terms of aesthetic and social communication. It was almost like a line as thin as a hair was crossed, and suddenly everyone's sensibilities changed.

Why am I pointing this out? Well, let's put it this way. If you move from one country to another, you're entering abstract zones. The same goes for periods of time. So why do we only look at what signs the major planets are in insofar as defining time periods? Why not abstract points, just like we do with when a person is born or a nation is founded?

Plug Midnight on January 1st, 2020 into any chart generator and you will see what I mean.

When I look at the chart of the 2020's, I see a lot of capricorn energy in the 3rd and 4th house. A moon and neptune in pisces are in the 6th house - the house of service as well as issues of health. Neptune rules the house as well as being in it, showing the issue of health is difficult to define. The moon - showing nurturing, care from this house of service, rules the north node, sitting in the 10th, the public sphere.

To me, this is about as plain english of a chart as you can get for our current situation with the pandemic.

All the capricorn energy in the south node house - our comfortable background - what we're used to in terms of business, or ambitions/goals we wanted to fulfill, and so on - we just want to go on like normal.

Issues of health and service (6th) manifest the north node in the public sphere - protection (masks, prevention of virus transmission), nurturing, physical healing professions, the steps required diametrically oppose all of those goals and aims we want to fulfill, but are necessary if we ever want to fulfill them.

Do you guys feel me?

It seems strange to me won't put more emphasis on measurable periods of time. If I'm not the first to do this, I would enjoy any links you all have to provide.

CapAquaPis

The 2020s will be the worst decade in half a century (the 1970s wasn't a good time for Americans who were alive). We as a culture shifted from a strongly puritan, capitalist and moralist conservative one in the 1950s to a more PC, civil rights-oriented and socially liberal one in the 1990s. Back in Jan 1, 2020, some historians believe we'll have a golden age of economic prosperity like the 1980s and 1920s, and the year 2020 was like 2000, an unique number of luck and fortune, then by Nov 1st 2020, American society is the most divided since the 1960s between pro-and anti-Trump, left and right, and center and far edges.

Recently, French president Emmanuel Macron said the country is now the worst hit in Europe in the second wave of COVID-19 and he described it to be the worst event in 100 years the French people experienced (WW1 and the Spanish flu) and back in the first wave, a generation (Chernobyl and the AIDS pandemic of the 1980s and 90s). I can imagine my father's home town will be in the same situation it was in WW2 under the Nazis and later allies, a military state of being to keep their population often indoors and only have permission to be outdoors for essential needs, but this time, it's a new infectious disease not like the worst strain of influenza nor a STD like AIDS. The 2020's is when the world realized how things can get severely bad within the first 2 months (by Mar 1st), randomly and quickly, and France is just one of 202 nations to bring up here.

CapAquaPis

Looking at the ephemeris of Midnight (12AM/00:00 hours) on January 1, 2020: the warning signs of a historic pandemic were there, just a day before doctors in Wuhan, China discovered COVID-19. Now, we have 44 million confirmed and 800 million more suspected cases worldwide, and 150k new daily cases in the European continent (Russia and Turkey included?) among other world hotspots like India, Brazil and South Africa. Not sure the ephemeris is based on GMT in London, England, UK or wherever the OP resides, I rather go by astronomical or Greenwich Meridian time. I wish astrology could save the lives of 1.2 million or more people from the pandemic this year, a 2.5% global case fatality rate.

And scientists in southern and western Europe discovered the mutated more contagious and stronger strain of SARS-CoV-2 weakened over the summer, there are now 6 strains all over the world and Europeans more likely abiding the lockdowns while coronaviruses are dormant in summer conditions (May-Sep) may explain the flattening of the curve unlike a larger second and even larger third wave in the US. The ephemeris is more focused on the year 2020 other than an entire decade up to the year 2030, then I want to take a look at the ephemeris for next year (2021, on New Years day, at 12AM London time), because the COVID-19 pandemic has intensified in many parts of the world.

CapAquaPis

Nov 1, 2020: Every nation in the world, state in the US and county in CA are having awfully high spikes of new COVID-19 cases and the pandemic is going to get worse before it gets better. It's spreading faster when more younger people are socializing indoors during the cold winter (northern hemisphere) and there are calls to bring back lockdowns like Western Europe already has done with new regulations (the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and other EU nations). The decade chart shows not only what will happen in 2020, but it gives a good idea of what 2021 would be (the actual start of a decade in the year one) and the results are the same: a pandemic on historic average lasts like 18 months.

MDH

I always use the charts of major cities, because large cities tend to have a disproportionate influence on culture, economic issues, etc.

It's interesting to note that mainland Asia more or less had the virus under reasonable control early on, relative to North America. Tokyo's chart places the moon at midnight in the 5th, rather than the 6th.