Is it possible to tell me the influences of my parents from my chart? Thanks xo

meg96

I've been wondering a few things about my chart. I'm trying to learn how to interpret it myself, but in the mean time I've been looking for an outside perspective on my upbringing and have been wondering if it's locatable in my chart. Thank you very kindly for taking the time to check out my post!!
2dc8top.gif

capleo2scorpio

You have saturn sextile moon, so I guess you get along with your mother, closer than dad. You have wide pluto and IC conjunction so thats could mean deep dark family secrets surrounding your birth, which could even involve death of a parent.

meg96

You have saturn sextile moon, so I guess you get along with your mother, closer than dad. You have wide pluto and IC conjunction so thats could mean deep dark family secrets surrounding your birth, which could even involve death of a parent.

This is mindblowing to me since my mom and I are really close and my father and I had a difficult relationship... and my father died when I was 8 and there was a lot unknowns and secrecy surrounding his death.

Thanks for your interpretation!!

kimbermoon

The chart definitely shows a great deal about our parents and our early childhood conditioning, which continues to impact us even into adulthood. I will have some other assessments for you shortly. :smile:

Just bumping this up because I'm still curious! :p

kimbermoon

In terms of parental influence and conditioning we first look to the dynamic interchange between the Sun and the Moon, and also focus attention on the 4th house zone in the chart. For you:
Sun in Pisces with Moon in Aries: the parents may have had vastly different parenting methods and ideals; one was more dominant than the other and more fired-up, rather than emotionally oriented. You were born under the Lunar Phase known as the New Moon Phase, a time when the Moon began separating from the position of the Sun; this tells us something about your personal reactions to your parent's influences, which have great impact on our later lives. The birth phase always tells us something about our conscious orientation in life, based on our past conditioning. We can also look to this combination for insights as to how you will subconsciously create your own domestic life. We then look to the aspects of both these signatories, where there are a couple of strong square aspects, indicating potential challenge or conflict which have been set up to be resolved in that relationship. Jupiter in the 4th square Venus indicates troublesome exchanges of energy as well. What might be your most current concern regarding this issue? :smile:

kimbermoon

Hello Melaike: the conjunction of Venus and Moon does not automatically confer a close connection with the mother, although she says she is; however we must always consider the aspects involved with each planet which in this case show afflictions to both. With respect. :smile:

Last edited:

capleo2scorpio

This is mindblowing to me since my mom and I are really close and my father and I had a difficult relationship... and my father died when I was 8 and there was a lot unknowns and secrecy surrounding his death.

Thanks for your interpretation!!

My pleasure. My condolences about your dad. You can join my club now and I know how you feel. My pluto conjunct IC. Family life is no picnic for me, but I will go with the flow. :smile:

Melaike

Hello Melaike: the conjunction of Venus and Moon does not automatically confer a close connection with the mother, although she says she is; however we must always consider the aspects involved with each planet which in this case show afflictions to both. With respect. :smile:

You're right.I said that against what he said about alleged ! Moon-Saturn sextile.

kimbermoon

You're right.I said that against what he said about alleged ! Moon-Saturn sextile.

January 14th
In regards to our relationship with the mother, we look primarily to the Moon and the aspects involved;we also consider indications in the 4th house: Your chart shows affliction with Mercury and Saturn, as well as the trine with Jupiter. 4th house: early conditioning and imprinting by the mother: perhaps you had problems in communications with your mother in particular: your individual communication styles were at odds. Moon/Saturn: possibly heavy restrictions and limitations by one of the parents. Moon/Jupiter: this was hopefully countered by one parent acting as more sympathetic and understanding of your needs, setting up a theme of good-cop/bad cop. There would have been inconsistency in the parenting styles and their effects on you. Did you feel your mother may have been somewhat elusive or evasive, possibly self-absorbed or seemingly distracted in her own world? [Neptune in the fourth]. Did you experience a separation in early childhood? [Uranus in the fourth house]; as you see there are many factors to consider before making absolute conclusions about the parents, based on the Sun and the Moon alone. The fourth also relates to the impressions of the early domestic environment, which the individual carries forward into the future. :smile:

meg96

Sorry my late replies, I've been busy!! I'm on the midterm grind, which in other words is the, "pretend to be studying but actually just draw pictures" grind. Unfortunately, both are time-consuming and neither are productive. :lol:

In terms of parental influence and conditioning we first look to the dynamic interchange between the Sun and the Moon, and also focus attention on the 4th house zone in the chart. For you:
Sun in Pisces with Moon in Aries: the parents may have had vastly different parenting methods and ideals; one was more dominant than the other and more fired-up, rather than emotionally oriented. You were born under the Lunar Phase known as the New Moon Phase, a time when the Moon began separating from the position of the Sun; this tells us something about your personal reactions to your parent's influences, which have great impact on our later lives. The birth phase always tells us something about our conscious orientation in life, based on our past conditioning. We can also look to this combination for insights as to how you will subconsciously create your own domestic life. We then look to the aspects of both these signatories, where there are a couple of strong square aspects, indicating potential challenge or conflict which have been set up to be resolved in that relationship. Jupiter in the 4th square Venus indicates troublesome exchanges of energy as well. What might be your most current concern regarding this issue?
Did you feel your mother may have been somewhat elusive or evasive, possibly self-absorbed or seemingly distracted in her own world? [Neptune in the fourth]. Did you experience a separation in early childhood?[Uranus in the fourth house]

Thank you for your guidance!!

My mom and I don't necessarily have a consistently good relationship, but she is definitely the more involved and worried parent so the differenting parenting styles most certainly shows itself. Not that my father wasn't, but he had a lot of personal issues that interfered with us being close, and our relationship ended up in quite a bad shape.

My mom actually does tend to be kind of caught up in her own world, not in a particularly bad way, as she too had some issues that kind of came between us. We actually were separated off and on until I was 13 due to some Neptunian behaviors if you know what I mean... :annoyed: These are for the most part resolved now. We are actually going through some conflict right now, so this might be the troublesome exchanges of energy.
Sometimes we find it hard to meet each other's needs and it creates big conflicts. Of course, my mother is a great mother when things are going great, and I'm sure these things can be resolved.

Thank you for your in depth analysis. :smile::smile:

meg96

My pleasure. My condolences about your dad. You can join my club now and I know how you feel. My pluto conjunct IC. Family life is no picnic for me, but I will go with the flow.

animatedheart.gif
I hope things work out for you!!

greybeard

I won't read your chart.

But to answer the question, "Are parental influences shown in the chart?", the answer is that the parents are all over the chart. A horoscope portrays you and your psyche from birth to death. Parental influence forms us to a very large extent, and parent/child relationships reappear as other relationships in the child turned adult (they are continually with us, even into old age; your mother and father live on in you).

As with all other "questions" regarding the self, it is necessary to view the chart as a whole.

Last edited: