Random Thoughts, strictly Text

david starling

Demeter and Persephone were two of the most powerful deities in the Greek pantheon. In 12/12, Demeter/Ceres becomes the feminine version of the Red Planet, renowned as the masculine version, Ares/Mars. And Persephone/Proserpine, queen of the Underworld, becomes the feminine version of the astrological Planet renowned as Pluto. Obviously, the largest moon of Pluto, which makes it effectively a double-planet, should have been given the Latin name, Proserpine. But, the male chauvinist astronomers related better to a man and his dog, rather than his wife. :lol:

Last edited:

david starling

With the Red Planet as the resolving influence of the Age of Capricorn, and it's having a dual nature: Ares/Mars for the masculine, destructive characteristics, and the feminine Demeter/Ceres for the fertility of plant and animal life, it makes sense that this has been an Age of unparalleled, explosive warfare; and, at the same time, of an unparalleled "population explosion".

Last edited:

Gemini888

A couple of exalted rules that I don't understand:

• Moon exalted in Taurus
  • Uranus exalted in Leo (not sure if this one is right though)
  • NN exalted in Gemini. So does that mean if you have SN in Sag you are doom to be stuck in your past life (what's the domiciled position of NN btw?)
  • Jupiter exalted in Cancer. Cancer's conservativeness doesn't seem to fit Jupiter's expansive nature.

Gemini888

With the Red Planet as the resolving influence of the Age of Capricorn, and it's having a dual nature: Ares/Mars for the masculine, destructive characteristics, and the feminine Demeter/Ceres for the fertility of plant and animal life, it makes sense that this has been an Age of unparalleled, explosive warfare; and, at the same time, of an unparalleled "population explosion".
What do you think of Mars in Cap? Mars is exalted in Cap and seeing that we are in the Age of Cap how does Cap Mars work?

Hkk

Account Closed
What do you think of Mars in Cap? Mars is exalted in Cap and seeing that we are in the Age of Cap how does Cap Mars work?

Cap in mars is usually a strong placement and protects you. I’ve been told this on here many times as I have this placement and I must say I feel it’s a strong placement. It’s in my 4th house too. Where is yours?

Gemini888

Cap in mars is usually a strong placement and protects you. I’ve been told this on here many times as I have this placement and I must say I feel it’s a strong placement. It’s in my 4th house too. Where is yours?
That question I asked was specifically for David because I'm interested in knowing about his view using the 12/12 system. But oh well, while we are waiting for him...

My Mars is in 0 deg Virgo and in 5H. It's also my chart ruler. Recently I suspect that I have a bucket chart and it's the handle of that bucket. I'm not overtly aggressive, but when I'm pissed off I rely a lot on words. I also feel as if a lot of my energy is put on doing art. I'm also secretly a perfectionist, especially when it comes to art. In a way Virgo Mars is the typical "neurotic b!tch" :biggrin:

How does Cap Mars treat you?

Hkk

Account Closed
That question I asked was specifically for David because I'm interested in knowing about his view using the 12/12 system. But oh well, while we are waiting for him...

My Mars is in 0 deg Virgo and in 5H. It's also my chart ruler. Recently I suspect that I have a bucket chart and it's the handle of that bucket. I'm not overtly aggressive, but when I'm pissed off I rely a lot on words. I also feel as if a lot of my energy is put on doing art. I'm also secretly a perfectionist, especially when it comes to art. In a way Virgo Mars is the typical "neurotic b!tch" :biggrin:

How does Cap Mars treat you?

I have a fiery nature as cap is my sun and most of my natal has fire fire placements. I like my Mars in cap. Keeps me grounded with strong ambition. Although mars squares pluto in the first which can be frustrating.

conspiracy theorist

@ David

You have more in common with the trads than you might think, since Mars was of the nocturnal sect and his preferred domicile was Scorpio instead of Aries. The creative side of Mars makes itself known with the often spoken about Sexual component of Scorpion energy. Your system has a heavier focus on the mythological links which makes for a richer soup. I know you also mention the warrior component of Venusian energy a lot, as well as the light-bringer/luciferian linkages. Is this also a differentiated energy signature in 12/12? What about the dionysian link with Taurus? Some of Dionysus' epithets include Taurophagos and Tauropon.

@ passiflora

I can't for the life of me remember where I saw that, but all the signs that had outer planetary rulers also shared with traditional rulers. So with Sagittarius - Jupiter/Neptune, Capricorn - Saturn/Uranus, Aquarius - Uranus/Saturn, Pisces - Neptune/Jupiter. Oh, and Aries - Mars/Pluto, Scorpio - Pluto/Mars.

The issue of "soul level" is encoded in esoteric astrology with the majority of humanity allegedly being on the mutable cross, which equates to regular, materialistic outflows. The materialistic and lustful nature of Capricorn would manifest on the lower "soul" levels while the issue of perfected form, spiritual love, luminous detachment from animal passions, the "divine architecture" and looking through the "one eye of the soul" would manifest on the higher, initiate levels - those on the cardinal cross.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Depends on what is meant by unemotional. Is this referring to emotional demonstrativeness? Sentimentality? Generally I've noticed an unsentimental streak in Cap Venuses, yet I've seen sentimentality in the chart of a woman who has Cap Sun-Venus conjunction but with a Cancer moon.

Mine is going to be heavily affected by Mars since it's not only in a close conjunction with Venus but both planets are also in the same declination & both are out-of-bounds - this Venus then has contrary significations of convention and abnormal/out-of-the-box. Cap Venus-y things I identify with is that I can be very exclusive with who I give my time and open up to, which can give me an air of judgment and snobbery. It provides me with nuance, as it makes me finer with long-term commitments than other chart factors may indicate, with relationships of all kinds emotional and non-emotional. There are other things but I prefer not to share those publicly. No, not unemotional. Like Scorpio, Capricorn isn't a showy sign.