The 2008 US Presidential Election: The Winner Is...

Matthew The Astrologer

Hi. Hope I posted this in the right forum. Sarah Palin has just been announced as John McCain's VP candidate.

She was born February 11th, 1964 in Sandpoint, Idaho, but no time of birth seems to be available.

I've had a look at the transits, and I am willing right here and now to throw down a prediction. And you won't like what I have to say:

http://matthewastrology.blogspot.com/2008/08/winner-of-2008-presidential-election-is.html

People, please: someone here tell me I'm wrong. Please.

Last edited by a moderator:

LadyV

Oh my, my immediate reaction to this is that as a girl, seeing a woman on the ticket by itself sounds great, but then again if I was voting specifically on that I would have supported Clinton over Obama. And with what I know about her, she wants to keep drilling for oil, and one of the biggest issues in my book is getting our act together when it comes to green energy unless we want our grandchildren to be angry at us for decimating this planet.

As I said, a woman as president or vice president would be wonderful, but there are so many women out there, like Sebelius and Pelosi, who would be so much better than Clinton or Palin. And part of me wonders if a huge part of what motivated McCain to pick her is to 1) Get votes from former Hillary supporters and 2) To feed into peoples' superficial views of having someone who's not a whilte male on the ticket.

NicholasH

do u think her moon is in capricorn or aquarius? i say cap.

also, uranus/pluto opposing chiron, grand trine with neptune chiron and north node, and the saturn mars sun conjunction in aquarius to me says powerful chart. muchas karmas.

LadyV

I would be more inclined to say that she'd be more likely to have a Cap moon than an Aqua one, I have an Aqua moon and when it comes to politics I am about as liberal as they come.

Soul48783

NEWS FLASH: Just revealed her birth-time 4;40 pm( but I feel thats rounded off.)This gives her 19 Leo rising (Obama on her asc.) and Capricorn moon. So with Aq sun/cap moon, she is really an emotionally cool,deadly ambitious woman. People are being deceived by the picses venus.
Pluto will be approaching her moon/merc combo next year. Hope she doesnt get disgusted at losing and throw Trig to a polar bear.
She passed a bill to allow running down wolves and shooting them from airplanes. She is a religious fanatic. No thanks.

Matthew The Astrologer

Soul48783 said:
NEWS FLASH: Just revealed her birth-time 4;40 pm( but I feel thats rounded off.)This gives her 19 Leo rising (Obama on her asc.) and Capricorn moon. So with Aq sun/cap moon, she is really an emotionally cool,deadly ambitious woman. People are being deceived by the picses venus.
Pluto will be approaching her moon/merc combo next year. Hope she doesnt get disgusted at losing and throw Trig to a polar bear.
She passed a bill to allow running down wolves and shooting them from airplanes. She is a religious fanatic. No thanks.

Where did the time of birth come from?

tikana

Soul48783 said:

Soul

shooting wolves from anywhere is NOTHING NEW.. you call this news?
http://www.defenders.org/programs_and_policy/wildlife_conservation/imperiled_species/wolves/wolf_recovery_efforts/alaska_wolves/background/history_of_wolf_control_in_alaska/index.php?ht=

T

Soul48783

the source was a cnn report, not my usual preference but better than solar .
Shooting wolves from an airplane is only one step above clubbing baby seals and shows her character. It tortures and exhausts the whole pack. Ive been only yards away from wolves over in Canada and they are beautifull in the wild. Most areas had them protected. She is ruthless.

cjc

A new member made the following comment in another thread concerning the presidential election:

I have read the postings regarding the above and can I make a suggestion to everyone?

What will be will be........fighting amongst yourselves does not change what is going to be regarding this matter...let is slide.

To which I posted the following:

Out of the mouth of a newbie comes sense.

The postings on this forum have deteriorated from astrological concepts to emotion, and I have to chide the moderators for not nipping it in the bud. I guess it's important to get the last word in....

I have lived longer than most of the members of this site and have seen and analyzed many elections. I can see many of past patterns reemerging. Although I do not consider myself a "master" astrologer, I have also been studying it for longer than many of you have been breathing.

One thing I can say for certain: Horary is useless here. How many millions of people are asking those questions? "Will XXX win?" at how many millions of places and times? With how may horary astrologers differing on the answer?

There are techniques that apply to an election. Stick to these. If you must cite an example, reference it. In my profession, we must reference every statement of fact down to the very line of the article in which it appeared. (Which does not mean simply posting an article from another source; this also violates a forum rule to avoid plagiarism) I feel the presidency of the United States deserves no less respect.

This just came in:
[SIZE=+1]Yahoo! Alerts[/SIZE] [SIZE=-2] Yahoo! News - My Alerts - Edit Alert
[/SIZE]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-2] Sunday, September 7, 2008, 5:35 AM PDT [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] TORONTO (AP) Canada's prime minister dissolves Parliament and calls an early election.

So... Who is a Canadian to make biased comments on our elections?

I could go on and on, but one of my favorite Shakespearean quotes is "Brevity is the soul of wit; therefore I will be brief."

Stick to astrology!
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] c

PS. SOUL: Can you provide a credible reference for your statement about the wolves? Eg, Alaska public records?
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited:

cjc

Soul48783 said:
the source was a cnn report, not my usual preference but better than solar .
Shooting wolves from an airplane is only one step above clubbing baby seals and shows her character. It tortures and exhausts the whole pack. Ive been only yards away from wolves over in Canada and they are beautifull in the wild. Most areas had them protected. She is ruthless.

I would never condone this as "sport." But, if there are ecological reasons or the wolves are threatening domestic herds, it can be justified.

ONE: Do some unbiased research before you opine.
TWO: Stick to astrology! I cannot see the correlation between astrology and your tree-hugging drivel. And believe me, I am a conservationalist. But, growing up in farm country, I understand varmint control.

c

archergirl

Talking about having biases and keeping them out of astrological discussions, cjc, I would remind you that
your tree-hugging drivel.
is hardly unbiased and has nothing to do with astrology. So pipe down.

AG:)

cjc

archergirl said:
Talking about having biases and keeping them out of astrological discussions, cjc, I would remind you that is hardly unbiased and has nothing to do with astrology. So pipe down.

AG:)

Fine. I Will. Permanently.

I have seen other astro sites from Prodigy to alt.astrogy go down the tubes because they allow bias to overcome their raison d'etre -- astrology!

I thought this site was different.

I guess I was wrong.

In my few posts on this topic, I have asked --practically begged-- that discussions be based on astrology... Apparently that was too much to ask, and all the "moderators" could do was to tell me was to chill out. All you, personally, AG, could do was point to one line I wrote.

No wonder astrology gets run into the ground. It must be approached objectively, or you might as well be reading tea leaves.

I survived more than 60 years before I found this site; I think I can live without it for the few more I have left. I was just hoping to polish my skills to continue helping others. I've never accepted a cent for readings.

I'm going to see if I can cancel my account here. If I can't, will you please do it for me, "moderator."

BTW, have i ever expressed my political opinion?

c

Monkey_Business

Aw come on cjc don't do that......political discussions are going to get heated thats a given folks just need to blow off some astrological steam so to speak.

archergirl

In my few posts on this topic, I have asked --practically begged-- that discussions be based on astrology

The thing is, cjc, is that you are no less biased than anyone else in this discussion; you question people's intelligence, you are rude in describing other people's viewpoints ('drivel', etc), you clamour for non-US citizens to be excluded from political discussions about the US, yet you seem unaware that you are doing any of this, and pretend that you are somehow being picked on by the moderators.

Stomping off in a snit is hardly conducive to objective discussion of astrology, particularly coming from someone who really ought to know better by now. This is what my mother (who is 62) would call 'cutting off your nose to spite your face'.

The moderators do try to keep discussions on the right track, but we are also relying on the forum members themselves, you included, to comport yourselves like grown-ups and refrain from insulting other members for having differing political views than you. This is sometimes difficult but we expect everyone to try. We are moderators, not babysitters, and I will remind you, and everyone else, that moderating is also a voluntary service; we shouldn't be expected to ride on every thread just in case someone says something you disagree with.

AG

Soul48783

CJC please dont go...astrologers have enough enemies without attacking each other. I am almost 70. I remember meeting Roosevelts astrologer in her wheelchair ( Clara D) and Reagans astrologers, etc. My grandmothers, one related to JFK on dads side was a professional...my Native American nana read the sky outright, including the Aurora, with over 1000 years of teachings to do so. Without books, how many of us would know what was even up there??
The bill passed in alaska gives a 150.OO bounty to hunters who kill a wolve any size, any sex. This was in our local news and is part of her official biography which was on fox news. These animals are needed in the wild as the study on them and the Moose at the Isle Royale station in Lake Superior has proven.
I am a US citizen but under the Jay Treaty of the 1800's can travel over the border (3 miles away) to Canada should I wish with out problems, and the wolves there are beautiful and never harmed us in the wild when we picked medicines.
It is quite commen for the canadian PM to disolve the govt to force an election.
Again, the world so needs good astrologers and less rancor. I may be new here but am published (articles and books) and been around a long time elsewhere.