Planet Aspects are 100x more important than planets in houses or zodiac signs

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Your sun has no conjunction, square, opposition, sextiles or trines?? That's pretty freaky :lol:

It has a very loose trine to Pluto by 9 degrees. And if you use tight orbs, or traditional astrology, it has no aspects at all!

According to Noel Tyl, the 'looser' aspects only comes into the picture after a person is older and more spiritually evolved. His theory is that a natal potential is written into a chart regardless. People grows into it with time. And soul maturity. Versus the tight degree aspects are traits that shows immediately in your childhood and early adulthood.

Maybe in my middle age the potential will come out.

Well, I think we can all agree on in this thread is that astrology is complicated. If we can't use multiple aspects, then maybe the whole, "sun, moon, rising", "powerfun sun, moon rising aspects" thing shouldn't be used because it's hardly accurate in describing someones personality.

Yes but it will be fun. And you get to test if your theory has validity. If you design such a game, please invite me. :cool:

AppLeo

It has a very loose trine to Pluto by 9 degrees. And if you use tight orbs, or traditional astrology, it has no aspects at all!

According to Noel Tyl, the 'looser' aspects only comes into the picture after a person is older and more spiritually evolved. His theory is that a natal potential is written into a chart regardless. People grows into it with time. And soul maturity. Versus the tight degree aspects are traits that shows immediately in your childhood and early adulthood.

Maybe in my middle age the potential will come out.

That's an interesting interpretation. I like it. Is Noel Tyl a modern astrologer?

Yes but it will be fun. And you get to test if your theory has validity. If you design such a game, please invite me. :cool:

Dude, I already know it's valid.

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121270

JUPITERASC

That's too hard for most people to integrate.

If you stick with only 1, like the most important aspect as you say.
Or just ask them to pick one if they can't decide.
Its easier for people to use it to describe themselves.

My Sun has no Ptolemaic aspects,
I was going to describe myself as lost.
FERAL aka WILD :smile:
= when a planet is alone in a sign
without any companions
and
is out of orb of all aspect with any other planet.

Johannes Schoerner, in his Opusculum Astrologicum
assigned three points of debility to a feral planet and wrote of it:
"It is called feral when it is in a sign where there is no other planet,
nor even the rays of any other planets.
As long as it is in the sign in that state it is said to be feral;
it is a planet that is in a sign alone
without even the other planets rays".

Al Biruni (11th cent.), wrote:
"When a planet is in a sign
and no other planet has been in aspect with it
from the time of its entry to that of its exit,
it is said to be feral in its course.
This is practically impossible with the superior planets
and the Sun,
and can rarely occur,
but with the Moon it frequently occurs .
Some people say that when the Moon is feral,
this is a substitute for conjunction
with the planets in whose terms it happens to be within the sign,
but this opinion is trivial and quite unsupported."
- The Book of Instruction in the Elements of the Art of Astrology v.504 & 505
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/feral.html

aquarius7000

Hi,

I hope the purpose of this thread is to open a discussion and not assert what one thinks to be true.

From my over a decade of practising Astrology seriously and two decades of studying it (to date), I can share that placements of planets in signs is extremely important. A sign gives a planet either strength (through dignity or exaltation) or negates that (through detriment or fall). The stronger the placement of a planet in a sign, the more beneficial that planet is for the native. Where does such a planet show its benefit - in the matters of the house it rules, firstly and then also in the house it it placed in. For instance, my Venus is exalted and rules my 10th house - my career has been a feather in my cap position wise and through always being employed. My Mars is exalted, too and rules my parental/family house and also my 9th house. I did quite a bit of my higher education based on scholarships of merit as well as am very well-travelled. Touch wood (yes, I am somewhat superstitious). My Moon is in its detriment and rules my 12th house and I have often suffered from insomnia, waking up many times in the middle of the night, and have had my fair share of people working against me undercover - mostly women (Moon after all).

What strong planets (through their sign placements) also help in is mitigating the negative effects of poorly placed planets via aspects. So, if a strong Venus is conjunct or sextile a fallen Mars, it will 'lift' that Mars up somewhat and somewhat lessen its harmful aspects. For instance, it could be that the native often has/faces confrontations with or push-backs from others at their workplace. However, due to the presence of a dignified Venus (harmony), such confrontations or disputes may end amicably or less offensively.

House placements of planets is also very important. For instance, that same strong Venus, if placed in the 10th house, will energise the matters of that house through its positive energies, so in a beneficial way. Let us say the 10th house is in Taurus and so is that Venus in Taurus and in the 10th house - that could mean a strong career, which is also lucrative and satisfying (all Venus). If Mars is in the 10th house in Taurus, then that Mars is in its detriment and can actually hinder (due to obstacles) the success that could have the matters of the 10th house could have otherwise enjoyed, due to its conj. to Venus. So, that conjunction plays out in the 10th house, again underlining the importance of the placement of the planets in the houses.

Anybody on AW, in particular reading this thread, I would strongly urge you to not leave out any of the three things: sign placement, house placement of planets and aspects between them. Your interpretation else would be incomplete and also not completely correct.

I do very much agree though that aspects between two generational planets (Ura, Nep, Plu) are almost useless in a natal chart study. Also, one of the reasons (expressing my own opinion here) I don't ascribe to using generational planets as sign rulers.

Last edited:

AppLeo

Hi,

I hope the purpose of this thread is to open a discussion and not assert what one thinks to be true.

From my over a decade of practising Astrology seriously and two decades of studying it (to date), I can share that placements of planets in signs is extremely important. A sign gives a planet either strength (through dignity or exaltation) or negates that (through detriment or fall). The stronger the placement of planet in a sign, the more beneficial that planet is for the native. Where does such planet show its benefit - in the matters of the house it rules, firstly and then also where it is placed. For instance, my Venus is exalted and rules my 10th house - my career has been a feather in my cap position wise and through always being employed. My Mars is exalted, too and rules my parental/family house and also my 9th house. I did quite a bit of my higher education based on scholarships of merit as well as am very well-travelled. Touch wood (yes, I am somewhat superstitious). My Moon is in its detriment and rules my 12th house and I have often suffered from insomnia, waking up many times in the middle of the night, and have had my fair share of people working against me undercover - mostly women (Moon after all).

What strong planets (through their sign placements) also help in is mitigating the negative effects of poorly placed planets. So, if a strong Venus is conjunct or sextile a fallen Mars, it will 'lift' that Mars somewhat.

House placements of planets is also very important. For instance, that same strong Venus, if placed in the 10th house, will energise the matters of that house through its positive energies, so in a beneficial way. Let us say the 10th house is in Taurus and so is that Venus in Taurus and in the 10th house - that could mean a strong career, which is also lucrative. If Mars is in the 10th house in Taurus, then that Mars is in its detriment and can actually hinder or delays (due to obstacles) the success that could have come in the matters of the 10th house, due to its conj. to Venus. So, that conjunction plays out in the 10th house again underlining the importance of the placement of the 10th house.

Anybody on AW, in particular reading this thread, I would strongly urge you to not leave out any of the three things: sign placement, house placement of planets and aspects between them.

I do very much agree though that aspects between two generational planets (Ura, Nep, Plu) are almost useless in a natal chart study.

Mehhh... I don’t think what you’re saying is all that accurate.

AppLeo

Hi,

From my over a decade of practising Astrology seriously and two decades of studying it (to date), I can share that placements of planets in signs is extremely important. A sign gives a planet either strength (through dignity or exaltation) or negates that (through detriment or fall). The stronger the placement of planet in a sign, the more beneficial that planet is for the native. Where does such planet show its benefit - in the matters of the house it rules, firstly and then also where it is placed. For instance, my Venus is exalted and rules my 10th house - my career has been a feather in my cap position wise and through always being employed. My Mars is exalted, too and rules my parental/family house and also my 9th house. I did quite a bit of my higher education based on scholarships of merit as well as am very well-travelled. Touch wood (yes, I am somewhat superstitious). My Moon is in its detriment and rules my 12th house and I have often suffered from insomnia, waking up many times in the middle of the night, and have had my fair share of people working against me undercover - mostly women (Moon after all).

What strong planets (through their sign placements) also help in is mitigating the negative effects of poorly placed planets. So, if a strong Venus is conjunct or sextile a fallen Mars, it will 'lift' that Mars somewhat.

House placements of planets is also very important. For instance, that same strong Venus, if placed in the 10th house, will energise the matters of that house through its positive energies, so in a beneficial way. Let us say the 10th house is in Taurus and so is that Venus in Taurus and in the 10th house - that could mean a strong career, which is also lucrative. If Mars is in the 10th house in Taurus, then that Mars is in its detriment and can actually hinder or delays (due to obstacles) the success that could have come in the matters of the 10th house, due to its conj. to Venus. So, that conjunction plays out in the 10th house again underlining the importance of the placement of the 10th house.

Anybody on AW, in particular reading this thread, I would strongly urge you to not leave out any of the three things: sign placement, house placement of planets and aspects between them.

I do very much agree though that aspects between two generational planets (Ura, Nep, Plu) are almost useless in a natal chart study.

Well wait wait, I change my mind. I see what you’re saying and there’s truth to it. I’m just saying that planet aspects are just the most important.

Lady Gaga has mercury in Pisces in the 10th, but she also have Jupiter in Pisces in the 10th.

Her career is really good but wouldn’t the Mercury in Pisces hinder that???

The whole detriment and exalted thing is an ancient idea anyway. I don’t think modern people really pay much attention to it.

I don’t know how your moon in detriment gives you insomnia. That makes no sense to me.

aquarius7000

Mehhh... I don’t think what you’re saying is all that accurate.
I did not just contradict you for the heck of it without providing astrological examples and thereby supporting what I believe to be true, or, in other words, prove your statement to be incorrect.

Are you in a position to support your own statement and provide astrological examples to prove me incorrect? Do so if you can!!

AppLeo

I did not just contradict you for the heck of it without providing astrological examples and thereby supporting what I believe to be true, or, in other words, prove your statement to be incorrect.

Are you in a position to support your own statement and provide astrological examples to prove me incorrect? Do so if you can!!

I’ve provided an example earlier when I talked about Jordan Peterson, Ayn Rand, and Peter Schiff. All of them of have Mercury-Jupiter aspects which makes sense.

Your examples are pretty lame if you ask me.

Detriment moon gives insomnia and women enemies. Nonsense.

aquarius7000

I’ve provided an example earlier when I talked about Jordan Peterson, Ayn Rand, and Peter Schiff. All of them of have Mercury-Jupiter aspects which makes sense.

No need to get cheeky and use adjectives on what others share on your thread. Otherwise, they will stop visiting your thread, if that is what you intend when you start threads.

My examples are connected to my own life - so I can vouch for them 100% . I can also vouch for my own time of birth given to me by my parents and the birth certificate from the hospital I was born in. However, I cannot vouch for any of the aspects or even the chart and planetary placements in Ayn's or Jordan's charts. So, if anything, the latter could be far less true. Where are you getting Ayn's chart from - astro.com - which gives it a 'C' rating? Is that why you don't like house placements of planets?

aquarius7000

Well wait wait, I change my mind. I see what you’re saying and there’s truth to it. I’m just saying that planet aspects are just the most important.

Lady Gaga has mercury in Pisces in the 10th, but she also have Jupiter in Pisces in the 10th.

Her career is really good but wouldn’t the Mercury in Pisces hinder that???

The whole detriment and exalted thing is an ancient idea anyway. I don’t think modern people really pay much attention to it.

I don’t know how your moon in detriment gives you insomnia. That makes no sense to me.
Thank you for it. I am just seeing this post. Why not take on of the charts and attach it here - one with an A rating.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
I thought we already agreed everyone has their own methodology and astrology is so nuanced and layered one can't assert one single methodology or position as "correct" across the board.

Then you have to add the factor of personal bias according to the astrologer's own chart, their specific mental processing and reasoning patterns.

A Virgoan will have one approach and respond to data oriented approaches much better, wheres a Cancerian influenced astrologer will be much more intuitive, perhaps absorbing impressions and energies before coming to a conclusion.

The point is to learn and test various methods, and find the one you respond to best. And be open minded to new discoveries.

For example, back to Tyl again. He places a huge weight to the Sun/Moon blend in astrological interpretations. Asking all his students to memorize 144 different Sun/Moon combinations by sign.

At first I thought this approach was insane, wholly unnecessary and against all the rules of modern astrology. After using his approach, thinking about how the energy of the Sun/Moon works together in a person's life, and the underlying rationale, then testing it, I have to agree it has a lot of situational validity.

It's still not the first tool in my toolbox I jump to though, as I am just more comfortable with other methods (other tools) of chart delineation first. But it has strong reason and validity and whomever using it will never be wrong.

Still think ALeo's proposed method should be translated into a game, we can draw from it newer insights seeing it in action, plus its fun, than arguing on theory. Right / wrong isn't very productive if we are all coming from different mental processing patterns that responds to different things, with different levels of astrological experience testing conceptual methods.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

...Detriment moon gives insomnia and women enemies. Nonsense.
How about reading the full sentence and not picking out just part of it. Now try to go back to my post and read the full sentence. Then you might actually understand where the insomnia and women enemies part come from.

Only full knowledge (for instance considering not just aspects, but also house and sign placements) and patience (reading complete sentences) getsone full results.

ynnest

The reason why people believe aspects are more important than signs is in many ways because they in longitude are the same throughout all of the three charts that together make up the individual on all spiritual levels, which is the tropical, sidereal and draconic chart.

Why the houses in general are considered less important is because most astrologers still are ignoring the crystallization moment of the soul into the body which is the point that represents the true astrological set up, not the first breath. Thus many people have incorrect ascendants and house positions to begin with and therefore cant make sense of their astrological houses.

Y

JUPITERASC

I did not just contradict you for the heck of it
without providing astrological examples
and thereby supporting what I believe to be true,
or, in other words, prove your statement to be incorrect.
Are you in a position to support your own statement

and provide astrological examples to prove me incorrect?
Do so if you can!!
I’ve provided an example earlier
when I talked about Jordan Peterson, Ayn Rand, and Peter Schiff.
All of them of have Mercury-Jupiter aspects which makes sense.
You appear unaware that one Mercury orbit of Sun = 88 days
and that
Mercury aspects are common :smile:
including Mercury-Jupiter aspects
THEREFORE
your choice of phrase describes your own examples well
no reason given for your opinion on detriment moon
i.e.
How about reading the full sentence
and not picking out just part of it.
Now try to go back to my post and read the full sentence.
Then you might actually understand

where the insomnia and women enemies part come from.
Only full knowledge

(for instance considering not just aspects, but also house and sign placements)
and patience

(reading complete sentences)

gets one full results.
Like three people that I really admire:
Jordan Peterson, Ayn Rand, and Peter Schiff
ALL have Jupiter-Mercury aspects to tight degrees.
of the seven billion people
currently inhabiting our fair planet Earth
"most have Jupiter-Mercury aspects to tight degrees"
Rand has her mercury in Capricorn, Schiff in Pisces, and Peterson his in Gemini.
I don't understand how their mercury in the signs really help.
I can see them giving a kind of flavor, but even then
it still doesn't work for me.
Peter Schiff is an economist, not something that would make sense
for a mercury in pisces person.
But what all these people have in common that is very obvious
is
that they all have really strong opinions, very interesting thoughts, and
dominate conversations with ideas, which are all traits of the mercury-jupiter aspect.
using only Ptolemaic aspects
Mercury aspects Jupiter multiple times frequently
however
a modernist astrologer such as yourself using multiple additional aspects
can find a Mercury-Jupiter aspect daily
clearly
house and sign are important

Last edited:

AppLeo

No need to get cheeky and use adjectives on what others share on your thread. Otherwise, they will stop visiting your thread, if that is what you intend when you start threads.

Well sorry it doesn't make any sense to me. I doubt anyone else who has a detriment moon in 12th house is going to have insomnia and women enemies.

But I know that anyone who has mercury-jupiter aspects are going to be similar to Jordan Peterson, Peter Schiff or Ayn Rand in the sense that they have a lot to say, have a strong opinion, and almost philosophical mind.

My examples are connected to my own life - so I can vouch for them 100% . I can also vouch for my own time of birth given to me by my parents and the birth certificate from the hospital I was born in. However, I cannot vouch for any of the aspects or even the chart and planetary placements in Ayn's or Jordan's charts. So, if anything, the latter could be far less true. Where are you getting Ayn's chart from - astro.com - which gives it a 'C' rating? Is that why you don't like house placements of planets?

I can vouch for my own life too and I have my birth certificate as well and have found zodiac signs and houses to not nearly be as accurate as planet aspects.

Thank you for it. I am just seeing this post. Why not take on of the charts and attach it here - one with an A rating.

K fine.

Ayn Rand: https://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Ayn_Rand
Jordan Peterson: https://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Jordan_Peterson
Peter Schiff: https://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Peter_Schiff

How about reading the full sentence and not picking out just part of it. Now try to go back to my post and read the full sentence. Then you might actually understand where the insomnia and women enemies part come from.

I think insomnia and women enemies is nothing that can be explained astrologically. I've never heard such a thing before until today.

Only full knowledge (for instance considering not just aspects, but also house and sign placements) and patience (reading complete sentences) getsone full results.

I don't for full results if the signs and houses are already unreliable.

Last edited:

AppLeo

The reason why people believe aspects are more important than signs is in many ways because they in longitude are the same throughout all of the three charts that together make up the individual on all spiritual levels, which is the tropical, sidereal and draconic chart.

Why the houses in general are considered less important is because most astrologers still are ignoring the crystallization moment of the soul into the body which is the point that represents the true astrological set up, not the first breath. Thus many people have incorrect ascendants and house positions to begin with and therefore cant make sense of their astrological houses.

Y

How do astrologers not ignore the crystallization moment? I don't know what you're talking about.

Your opinions and views are so mystical.

JUPITERASC

But I know that anyone who has mercury-jupiter aspects
are going to be similar to Jordan Peterson, Peter Schiff or Ayn Rand
in the sense that they have a lot to say, have a strong opinion, and
almost philosophical mind.
given that one Mercury orbit of Sun = 88 days
then your analysis
applies to most of the population of planet earth :smile:
excellent example that generalisation is fun but unreliable