The age of Aquarius

AquarianEssence

JupiterAsc, interesting article. I've been using the phrase, 'prison industries' for years. It's a huge money maker, starting with the fines and court costs.

I'm not sure where these years come from. I looked at 1447 for the Aries ingress and when the Sun reached RA 0°00'00", the dec was already 45" North of the equator. To find borders of the ages, we'd have to find the dates when Sun reaches RA 0°00'00" at the same second it crosses from South to North, correct? I've found that moment when the Assyrian/Babylonian calendar began. The Sun was tightly conjoined to the twins, stars Propus and Tejat. It will take some time to find the rest though.

Jesse Booth

[deleted response to attacking comments - Moderator]

Jupiter, traditional ruler of SAGITTARIUS and PISCES
is commonly illustrated hurling thunderbolts
and is obviously associated with electricity via lightning

When jupiter is in aquarius, the people born in that time period have a great aptitude for working with new technology, including ELECTRONICS. Also, aquarius is symbolized by electricity and is obviously associated with electricity via electricity.

And now, SniperBomber328.

Originally Posted by SniperBomber328 View Post
Why does everyone say Aquarius rules Technology? I can't seem to understand it. I mean, Technology wasn't invented until the Light Bulb came to be, which wasn't too many centuries ago, and to top it off, how can Aquarius rule Electricity?
Sometimes I wonder if people just connected Aquarius to Technology because of the "Age of Aquarius" thing, which seems just a coincidence. Even to some, who believe that the Age of Pisces is still continuing for another few hundred years, what then? Does Pisces rule Technology? Since Technology was discovered in the Age of Pisces, not Aquarius.

Considering the origins of aquarius' association with technology dates back to the Egyptians(age of taurus), I'm sure it had nothing to do with the age of aquarius. And no, technology was not invented in the age of pisces. It was invented a little bit before mankind existed, when chimpanzees figured out that they can use sticks to eat termites. And no, pisces does not rule technology.

[deleted attacking comments - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

dr. farr

The major issue
as dr. farr mentioned earlier
is that zodiacal constellations are not uniform in size
so it's always debateable
as to exactly when
or at precisely what time
a new astrological age begins :smile:
[/QUOTE]

Right, I think that the overlap is quite significant: so that we can have the beginning of a particular Age occuring while the ending of the previous Age is still present; I certainly think this occured between Pisces/Aries, and I think is happening now between Aquarius/Pisces. The New Testament reference to Jesus saying "I am the First and the Last", possibly has an esoteric meaning referring to the time period of Jesus (life on Earth) during such an overlap, ie, the coincident final years of the Arian Age and the earliest years of the Piscean Age.

I will also mention that the concept of astrological Ages was mentioned as ancient and generally accepted belief by Origen (c 3rd century AD)-however, when we look at the ancient literature (eg Valens, Antiochus of Athens, the Corpus Hermeticum, etc) we find these Ages either connected with planets ("planetary ages") or with signs (and I'll add, TROPICAL signs) as in the extensive work of 9th century Abu Mashar (in his "Book of the Thousands")...apparently various methods (mundane in nature) were expounded during those ancient times (through the time of Abu Mashar) for determining the inceptions and terminations of these Ages: however, little investigation has been done into these oldtime methods for determining the Ages (whether planetary Ages or "sign" Ages), almost all attention regarding this matter over the past century being concentrated on the sidereal (constellational) Ages, which concept was first popularized in the latter part of the 19th century by the internationally acclaimed poet (and prominent Golden Dawn adept) W.B. Yeats...

wilsontc

Staff member
Warning - stop attacking each other

All,

Please stop with the attacks. I have edited this thread heavily due to attacks and counterattacks. As a reminder from the Forum rules:
Your participation on this forum is allowed and welcomed as long as you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, harmful to young people, hateful, racist, deliberately offensive, homophobic, threatening, defamatory, damaging, or otherwise violative of any laws. Respect of other members is expected at all times. No talking down to, being rude, dismissing of people, trying to shut someone down if they don't agree, or passive aggressively drawing people out to respond negatively.

Excessive attacks may lead to a personal warning and/or banning from the Forum.

Play nice,

Tim

The Aquarian age has been on my mind a lot for the past year or two. Whether we're already there or just in its orb of influence, that influence is, as far as I can tell, most definitely manifesting.

Aquarius is one of the signs I know more personally, because I've had a LOT of Aquarian females in my life (not romantically, thank you), and they have all exhibited the same Uranian behavior. They're intelligent and witty and fun, stubborn when pushed and absolutely independent in thought and action. They also go through relationships like I go through cigarettes; no surprise to anyone who knows the Aquarian's high susceptibility to feeling smothered, stifled, and trapped by the same things that others usually perceive as reassuring, affectionate, and devotional; or how their admirable refrain from stereotyping others sometimes makes it rather hard for them to distinguish between 'friend' and 'lover'.

But the two attributes of Aquarius that I think of most in relation to the astrological age are those of rebellion and equality. Those things give me hope -- and some days that is my only hope for my species: the sure knowledge that an age of Aquarian children will be no one's slaves.

I also see the influence of the Aquarian Age manifest in other social attributes that aren't so pleasant for me. The trend toward promiscuity and away from intimate relationships is difficult for an old-fashioned, hopeless-romantic Libran like myself. This may be more prevalent in America than elsewhere; I don't know; but I'd be willing to bet the trend is worldwide, to a greater degree in some places and to a lesser degree in others, depending on cultural influences and the relative strengths thereof. The general trend toward isolation ("independence") via technological gadgets is also disconcerting. I'm sure humanity will survive it in some form or other, and I know that the past cannot be clung to and that evolution means change -- but it still makes me sad. The Uranian idiosyncracy lent itself well to the rise of Attention Deficit Disorder, though I believe that's largely induced by television (and other advertising-industry "entertainment" products) and environmental toxins.

Sometimes I think we're living under the Chinese curse: "may you live in interesting times."

JUPITERASC

dr. farr has unfortunately not posted for some time due to ill health
however, he did mention earlier that:

I have a lot of questions re to the various astrological ages, and yet I am an esotericist so I tend to go with these types of concepts;
but still I have a lot of questions about this matter...
historically, C.C. Zain (a renowned early to mid 20th century astrological author and found of the Brotherhood of Light)
in his researches in the 1920's claimed to have traced the advent of the "Aquarian Age" to 1889
-which would be about the time radical technological discoveries and applications began.

But of course others have come up with radically different dates for the beginning of the New Age
(Golden Dawn's S.L. Macgregor Mathers, for example, around the first decade of the 20th century, calculated-sidereally-the advent of the Aquarian Age at 2050 AD)

Like I said, I have lots of questions (in my little mind) regarding this subject...
Expectations for the "Age of Aquarius" may be overly optimistic :smile:

'.....This is the third part of a series on Age of Aquarius I began about a year ago.
It is advisable to read parts I & II before reading this one.
My main purpose is to bring about a questioning of the assumptions and expectations of the Age of Aquarius.
This is a discussion the astrological community needs to have.
Almost all I see on the subject could be mostly summed up by the song by The Fifth Dimension.
I’m not sure if it’s fear, laziness or a complete lack of interest
that has cause this rather poignant dearth of discourse.
....' Robert Zoller 2014 http://classicalastrologer.me/category/robert-zoller/

david starling

My study of the Ages began in 1972. The first step toward really understanding them is the polarity method: Not just the Sidereal Age of Aquarius--the Age of Aquarius/Leo; preceded by Ages Pisces/Virgo, Aries/Libra and Taurus/Scorpio. Anything before Taurus/Scorpio is pre-history. This method is well known and often used. Any speculation about the Sidereal Ages without using both Equinoctial points in concert will lead to an inadequate, shallow analysis, no matter how intelligent and well versed the one doing the analysis. I can only conclude that Robert Zoller, given his intellectual ability, is taking a break from his serious interests and having some recreational fun with a topic he considers somewhat fanciful. No one can be an expert in every field of Astrology, and he clearly isn't even half-trying when it comes to the Ages. If he ever does (as I hope he will) use the full power of his intellect on this matter, it would be truly insightful.

david starling

The age of Aquarius began about 1870 when the bright fixed star Altair entered the tropical sign. Before that electricity was known but had little practical application. There were electric telegraphs, but they were still unreliable.

Nikola Tesla is the inventor of the modern practical electric system used everywhere. His 10th house in the whole sign system is Aquarius and his Lot of Fortune is located there.

Electricity is associated with Aquarius because it is a warm wet air sign. Thus there is lightning in it.

Well, here's a surprise! Someone ELSE is referring to a TROPICAL Aquarian Age, but is using a particular star's Celestial Longitude as the Age pointer. Haven't heard of this method, but the implications are the same as in the method I stumbled upon in 1975: The Age preceding the Aquarian Age Tropically, is the the Age of CAPRICORN, not Pisces. Culpeper, would you mind explaining why you picked Altair. Also, if you perceive the Age we're gradually emerging from as the Tropical Age of Capricorn?

david starling

Right, I think that the overlap is quite significant: so that we can have the beginning of a particular Age occuring while the ending of the previous Age is still present....

I will also mention that the concept of astrological Ages was mentioned as ancient and generally accepted belief by Origen (c 3rd century AD)-however, when we look at the ancient literature (eg Valens, Antiochus of Athens, the Corpus Hermeticum, etc) we find these Ages either connected with planets ("planetary ages") or with signs (and I'll add, TROPICAL signs) as in the extensive work of 9th century Abu Mashar (in his "Book of the Thousands")...apparently various methods (mundane in nature) were expounded during those ancient times (through the time of Abu Mashar) for determining the inceptions and terminations of these Ages: however, little investigation has been done into these oldtime methods for determining the Ages (whether planetary Ages or "sign" Ages), almost all attention regarding this matter over the past century being concentrated on the sidereal (constellational) Ages, which concept was first popularized in the latter part of the 19th century by the internationally acclaimed poet (and prominent Golden Dawn adept) W.B. Yeats...
Three important points: 1) TROPICAL AGES are not a new idea, but Modern Astrologers have completely ignored the possibility. 2)The Ages extolled for over a Century are ENTIRELY Sidereal. 3)There is a clear overlap of Ages, especially during the changeover from one to another.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

The most important event in the Aquarian age occurs when the Sun, Moon and Pluto conjunct in Pisces on April 9, 2043 - a total solar eclipse visible in eastern most Russia and Alaska. This is when aliens (Pisces is the sign of aliens) will make their first public appearance to humanity in the world - almost a century after the July 8, 1947 UFO crash north of Roswell, New Mexico. It is 19 years to the day of a total solar eclipse of April 8, 2024 predicted to be seen over the USA...and both 2024 and 2043 (as well 2029 and 2036) are fly-bys of the near-earth asteroid Apophis...is there a connection or coincidence? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse_of_April_9,_2043

david starling

The most important event in the Aquarian age occurs when the Sun, Moon and Pluto conjunct in Pisces on April 9, 2043 - a total solar eclipse visible in eastern most Russia and Alaska. This is when aliens (Pisces is the sign of aliens) will make their first public appearance to humanity in the world - almost a century after the July 8, 1947 UFO crash north of Roswell, New Mexico. It is 19 years to the day of a total solar eclipse of April 8, 2024 predicted to be seen over the USA...and both 2024 and 2043 (as well 2029 and 2036) are fly-bys of the near-earth asteroid Apophis...is there a connection or coincidence? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse_of_April_9,_2043

What degree Pisces, using this particular Sidereal setting?

CapAquaPis

What degree Pisces, using this particular Sidereal setting?

28 or 29* Pisces at the moment of eclipse? The mythical, magical degree in any sign - and the very last degree in 360 made up the astrological zodiac. The July 11, 1991 total solar eclipse over Mexico City (world's largest metropolis) was known for millions of residents spotted UFOs around totality. The 2043 event doesn't cross any major city, since Siberia and most of Alaska are sparsely populated.

david starling

28 or 29* Pisces at the moment of eclipse? The mythical, magical degree in any sign - and the very last degree in 360 made up the astrological zodiac. The July 11, 1991 total solar eclipse over Mexico City (world's largest metropolis) was known for millions of residents spotted UFOs around totality. The 2043 event doesn't cross any major city, since Siberia and most of Alaska are sparsely populated.

My Sun-sign is at 28+ degrees Pisces, Tropical. Does that count?

david starling

My main point is, that we need to include a Transiting Age-Indicator in our working Charts in order to determine how the Age is affecting us personally and collectively.

david starling

I much prefer a method for locating and describing the Earth's Ages that doesn't depend on an event. I believe the Age should explain the event in Astrological terms, rather than using an event to set the Age. The use of the Vernal Equinoctial Point as an Age-Indicator makes sense in regard to Earth's Ages, because it's a function of Earth's axial tilt (obliquity), and its movement relative to the constellations is due to what's known as Earth's "wobble". So, two terrestrial phenomena enabling us to track Earth's Ages through the medium of the Sidereal-zodiac. Nearly everyone is using this method. The location of the V.E.P. is known with extreme accuracy. Why then, are there so many different opinions as to when the Aquarian Age will start, or when it actually began? The answer is, the locations of the Sidereal Sign-boundaries are not universally agreed upon; and, many Tropicalists are basically disrespecting the Sidereal-zodiac, setting its Sign-boundaries where they want them to be for Age purposes alone, and ignoring them for everything else.

CapAquaPis

My Sun-sign is at 28+ degrees Pisces, Tropical. Does that count?

Tropical 28-29 Pisces? or sidereal? Tomorrow or Monday is when the sun transit Virgo in sidereal or astronomy. Sept 11...an ominous date, somewhat thought to be the actual birth of Jesus Christ (years 5 BC-5 AD, uncertain year just like uncertain date). 16 years ago, New York City, the US of America and the world changed by the 9/11 terror attacks. Nostradamus might predicted 9/11 by his references to a great city 40-45 N latitude in the "new world" on the 7th day of the 7th month of the 1999th year (AD) - he used the "original" calendar date from what he felt or believed to be the actual day Jesus Christ was born. Was Jesus born on Mar. 4, 2 AD? under the sun sign of Pisces...or actually Aquarius?

david starling

Regardless of when Jesus was actually born, it's the Church that first dominated this Age in His name. The Church deliberately chose December 25, in early Tropical Capricorn, for His birth date. This happens to correlate with the beginning of the mundane, Tropical Age of Capricorn, which can be tracked in a Tropical-chart. The Sidereal Age of Pisces began in the same general time period, and it can be tracked using a Sidereal-chart once the location of the Sidereal Sign-boundaries have been determined by a Sidereal practitioner.

david starling

Other correlations to the start of the Age of Tropical Capricorn, which "kicked in" by about 400 A.D., are the Fall of Rome and the subsequent "Dark Ages", since the Tropical month of Solar Capricorn begins at the Winter Solstice, darkest time of year; and, December meaning 10th Month, with "10" symbolized in Roman Numerals as "X" which in turn symbolizes the word "Cross" (as in "Ped Xing"). I also consider Capricorn to be the tenth Sign, so the base-ten and decimal numerical system developed during this Age correlates in that regard, along with our fascination with decades, centuries, and millennia.

CapAquaPis

Other correlations to the start of the Age of Tropical Capricorn, which "kicked in" by about 400 A.D., are the Fall of Rome and the subsequent "Dark Ages", since the Tropical month of Solar Capricorn begins at the Winter Solstice, darkest time of year; and, December meaning 10th Month, with "10" symbolized in Roman Numerals as "X" which in turn symbolizes the word "Cross" (as in "Ped Xing"). I also consider Capricorn to be the tenth Sign, so the base-ten and decimal numerical system developed during this Age correlates in that regard, along with our fascination with decades, centuries, and millennia.

The Age of Pisces may began between 5 BC-5 AD - when Jesus Christ, son of God according to Christianity, was born. The symbol of Christianity in Roman and Greek times was the fish, the sign Pisces is a fish. However, as the age progressed for 2,000 years, Pisces as a sign of bondage meant Christianity ruled Europe like a dictatorship, only to decline in phases in the last 200-250 years, and now in the Aquarian age, church/religion and state/government are more separate entities in the free, developed or western world nations. Perhaps we're in a Capricornian age instead, because of all the scientific advancements made, and space travel began between 1950 and 1960 AD.