Applying

Amie

So more experienced members here talk about how the moon will aspect some other planet soon and all. All I want to ask is, how do you calculate that? This question might be too basic, but Astro.com doesn't tell when they are going to aspect, and I really want to know how that's done.
Thanks in advance!

Dirius

So more experienced members here talk about how the moon will aspect some other planet soon and all. All I want to ask is, how do you calculate that? This question might be too basic, but Astro.com doesn't tell when they are going to aspect, and I really want to know how that's done.
Thanks in advance!

In horary, aspects represent events that happen in the chart in question. The exact degree in which the event occurs is when the aspect is perfected at 0°, which is known as a partile aspect.

Thus aspects that will happen, are called "applying" aspects, because the planets are applying to each other and will form the perfect aspect in the future. In contrast, aspects that have occured in the past, are considered "separating" aspects, because the planets are separating from the aspect.

For example:

- If you have a Moon in 3° Taurus, and Venus in 7° Virgo, the moon is in applying trine towards venus, and will form an aspect in 4 degrees.

Another example using the chart you posted on another topic:

Here you can see the Moon (23° Leo) is in a separating aspect (opposition) from the Sun (15° Aquarius). That aspect might represent a past event that has already happened.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81990

attachment.php

Last edited: