Why do I feel so stuck in my life?

david starling

God, I hope so! It's actually very probable since many placements I have - including Saturn return of course - point to improvement in many areas of my life, especially the professional one, in my thirties.
So, I could use that flow to get there. And some force too :biggrin:

It's such a weird thing to hear for someone who's been anything but functional throughout an entire life, haha. What do you mean by "the next Saturn Return will have to occur before it comes into its own"? I didn't catch the meaning of it.

Wait and See! :biggrin:

frayenne

That's a common way to think if you're earth dominant. Earth signs need to get all the details worked out first and foremost. Earth is the strongest element in your chart: greatest number of planets (4) plus ascendant in earth signs.

Interesting configuration here: your AC is ruled by Mercury, and Mercury is in its other domicile, square to your rising sign. So, you get Mercury acting like a Gemini Mercury, racing thoughts, low focus, just cranking out the ideas and wanting the freedom to do nothing but crank out ideas (aided by Gemini moon, who must do the same thing in order to feel secure). To that Mercury, giving too much focus to anything would take away that freedom. But, Mercury also rules practical Virgo, which gives ideas a solid form.

Virgo is about doing. Virgo's way of dealing with ideas is to make them into a physical process. That's where Virgo and Gemini agree: they're both about the process. Neither is about getting there.

But it's not just the arguments within your chart, and yourself, that make you stuck. The motivating force is fire, and your chart is fire deficient. Only one planet, Mars, is in a fire sign. Mars would love to just get out there and do something, but it's squared by Cancer and Capricorn planets that say, "Slow down! Not secure!" Meanwhile, it's as if beleaguered Mars is saying to all the other planets, "Come on, guys, am I the only one with any motivation around here?"

Wow, you got it SO right! When I spend too much time in one place or doing one thing, I get crazy paranoid. But at the same time it's hard for me to move towards something else because of that lack of fire and all the Earth energy keeping me stuck. So most of my ideas get trapped in my mind - the Air - and never get to materialize.

Also, many times I don't make a move because one of requirements is to see something through to the end. And I just know I won't make it to the finish line. Not because I can't but because it's not in my nature to keep my focus on something for that long. Over time I just lose motivation to go on. So I could be great at initiating things or coming up with ideas and putting them into practice, but then leaving them for other people to finish or continue and moving on to the next project.

"Come on, guys, am I the only one with any motivation around here?" - and this has just killed me, haha :biggrin:

david starling

I know what you mean. You have a fear of being "locked-in" to one profession, and a limited routine. But, you will find your niche, that will enable you to have both variety and freedom, as well as stability. You'll be a "late-bloomer". :biggrin:

Witchyone

Too much thinking! I know. I do it too.

Mercury energy is capable of circling above the earth never actually choosing a destination, so sometimes you have to just point your finger at a map and go where your finger lands. You're probably thinking "but what if it's the wrong decision and I waste part of my life there!?!" To that I say, where are you wasting your life now? What if none of it is a waste, and it's all just living?

frayenne

I know what you mean. You have a fear of being "locked-in" to one profession, and a limited routine. But, you will find your niche, that will enable you to have both variety and freedom, as well as stability. You'll be a "late-bloomer". :biggrin:

Actually I would love to do many things and have many professions but still keep my emotional and financial stability at the same time. The question is - is it really doable or is this one of my imaginary, overly optimistic, I'll-do-it-all-in-my-head Mars-square-Neptune-opposite-Jupiter-square-Mars ideas? :biggrin:

frayenne

Too much thinking! I know. I do it too.

Mercury energy is capable of circling above the earth never actually choosing a destination, so sometimes you have to just point your finger at a map and go where your finger lands. You're probably thinking "but what if it's the wrong decision and I waste part of my life there!?!" To that I say, where are you wasting your life now? What if none of it is a waste, and it's all just living?

That's truly well said!
But I'm actually having conversations like that with myself daily, haha. And this one wouldn't end here, oh no. The answer to the last question would be: okay, so if none of it is a waste, can I go back to my bubble of safety and continue watching my favorite show now? :biggrin:

Osamenor

Staff member
Actually I would love to do many things and have many professions but still keep my emotional and financial stability at the same time. The question is - is it really doable or is this one of my imaginary, overly optimistic, I'll-do-it-all-in-my-head Mars-square-Neptune-opposite-Jupiter-square-Mars ideas? :biggrin:

You can have multiple professions in your lifetime. When planets are spread around the chart, the way yours are, instead of concentrated strongly in particular signs and houses, it's pretty well guaranteed. But you might not be able to have them at the same time.

For financial stability, either all your professions would have to be lucrative enough that you can keep going even during the transition times, or you would have to have a source of income that isn't tied to any of those professions. If you need a day job to support yourself, you can work one as long as you consider it like a work-study job: one thing you're doing, but not your calling in life. And it would have to be a job that isn't so demanding as to not leave room for what you really want to do.

Osamenor

Staff member
DON'T make plans!

For an earth dominant individual to be able to live with not making plans, they would have to make sure their need for feeling secure is satisfied. Earth needs to know, at the very least, that there's a place to land. That's also a Cancer need, and we're dealing with a Cancer sun and a Cancer Jupiter as part of the tight t-square.

Not making plans, especially when making a living is involved, takes away that sense of security. Not knowing where the next paycheck is coming from doesn't sit well with Cancer or earth charts.

frayenne

For financial stability, either all your professions would have to be lucrative enough that you can keep going even during the transition times, or you would have to have a source of income that isn't tied to any of those professions. If you need a day job to support yourself, you can work one as long as you consider it like a work-study job: one thing you're doing, but not your calling in life. And it would have to be a job that isn't so demanding as to not leave room for what you really want to do.

Trust me, I know all this, hence my "stuckness". The first idea seems very unrealistic to me, especially for at least a couple of years since every profession needs putting some time and effort into it before it'll start bringing profits to which time without financial stability I would probably develop ulcers. And the idea of spending most of my time of the day doing something repetitive that I don't care about truly makes me wanna vomit and takes away my will to live as it did every time I worked like that. So for now that leaves me with the idea of finding a job that will satisfy my need for expression (Sun), emotional connection (Moon), and variety (Mercury), given of course that I'm also cut out for this type of jobs. Easy-peasy ;)

frayenne

For an earth dominant individual to be able to live with not making plans, they would have to make sure their need for feeling secure is satisfied. Earth needs to know, at the very least, that there's a place to land. That's also a Cancer need, and we're dealing with a Cancer sun and a Cancer Jupiter as part of the tight t-square.

Not making plans, especially when making a living is involved, takes away that sense of security. Not knowing where the next paycheck is coming from doesn't sit well with Cancer or earth charts.

Fully agreed. As much as I'd love to be a free spirit that doesn't care about tomorrow, that is not my nature at all. My Virgo anxiety would kill me :biggrin:

Osamenor

Staff member
Trust me, I know all this, hence my "stuckness". The first idea seems very unrealistic to me, especially for at least a couple of years since every profession needs putting some time and effort into it before it'll start bringing profits to which time without financial stability I would probably develop ulcers.
Are you developing ulcers now? If not, you must have financial stability. Where does it come from?

Trust And the idea of spending most of my time of the day doing something repetitive that I don't care about truly makes me wanna vomit and takes away my will to live as it did every time I worked like that. So for now that leaves me with the idea of finding a job that will satisfy my need for expression (Sun), emotional connection (Moon), and variety (Mercury), given of course that I'm also cut out for this type of jobs. Easy-peasy ;)
A day job doesn't have to be a repetitive job, although it depends on what's available in your area and what you're qualified for. I've had an amazing amount of variety in certain day jobs I've had--childcare, hotel housekeeping, and support staff for disabled folks are on the list. None of those were repetitive jobs, and while the childcare and support staff jobs required certain college credits, they hired people who hadn't finished college.

You say you have no specialized education. What education do you have? Did you finish high school? Have you had any post secondary education, whether or not you completed a degree? Would you need more education to do the work you're thinking about?

What about working part time? That wouldn't take up your whole day and would leave room for other pursuits, but would give you a consistent source of income. Not necessarily enough income all by itself, but a base.

Edited to add: Your chart shows multiple kinds of needs, and, with plenty of squares and oppositions, they're competing needs. When you have competing needs, it's not realistic to expect all of them to be satisfied by the same thing. In terms of work, there's no way one job can satisfy all of your needs. So, you have to settle for a job that satisfies some of the needs, while getting the other needs met in a way other than work.

Financial need is the most realistic one to fulfill through paid work. Also your sixth house needs: sixth house cusp in Aquarius means you need some meaning in it, but you're also capable of having some detachment around work. With both your sixth house rulers in the fifth (Uranus is technically in the fourth, but within 2 degrees of the fifth house cusp, it can be considered a fifth house planet), you need your day-to-day work to be something you enjoy, but enjoy has a few different definitions. Maybe it's not your hobby, but you do enjoy certain aspects of it. Maybe it is your hobby, but if you turn your hobby into a job, you suddenly have to do plenty of things that aren't so much fun.

What's not in or ruling your sixth house is your moon, or your emotional Cancer sun. You can get away with a day job that doesn't fulfill you emotionally, as long as you don't absolutely hate it.

Last edited:

david starling

Fully agreed. As much as I'd love to be a free spirit that doesn't care about tomorrow, that is not my nature at all. My Virgo anxiety would kill me :biggrin:

You won't stop caring about tomorrow. It's about making plans and feeling as though that's an accomplishment in and of itself. Takes the energy away from actually getting things done.

Witchyone

That's truly well said!
But I'm actually having conversations like that with myself daily, haha. And this one wouldn't end here, oh no. The answer to the last question would be: okay, so if none of it is a waste, can I go back to my bubble of safety and continue watching my favorite show now? :biggrin:

LOL Quit watching my life!

The smartest thing I ever did, career-wise, was pick a skill that I'm naturally good at and then worked hard at improving it (got an advanced degree, had a few different mentors, etc.) so that I could move around without starting over completely.

kshantaram

Premium Member

hope chart observations in line with your queries will help self-reflect and hopefully discover-adapt some answers for yourself.

currently jup transit scorpio trine elevated natal jup cancer 11th for income-gains-friendships turning direct this week,
and gains through research-advisory roles perhaps the months ahead.

May be information which you would already know in confirmation thereof, hope facilitates further reflections,

sat return having to take critical long-term decisions of life impacting the next 30 yrs.

best wishes, kshantaram

Hi everyone, I'd love to get some objective insight from you on my chart.

I've been studying it for years and have almost gone nuts trying to figure out what is the main challenging theme in my life that I should address to finally become "unstuck" and move forward in the right direction (or any direction for that matter) without circling back to where I started.

jup-sat opp misjudgments-missed opportunities in life; sun-sat opp great stress in health-relationships-career;

sat now 2.5yr transit natal sat cap opp jup-sun; sat 5th seeking change but stuck, negating employment opportunities;

I'm a 28-year-old female, currently depressed and hiding out in my parents' house without any job, money, emotional support, specified education or a plan for the future.

ketu separative SNode hyper individualistic-proud leo detachment from income-gains-friendships-relationship;

1.5yr transit ketu over natal rahu NNode acq 5th, detachment from/negating luck-edu-romance-children-position, life style reversals;

As a Gemini dominant I've had gazillion of dreams and visions for myself but absolutely zero follow through after the initial excitement would wear off. There were times when I thought I was on the right path of overcoming my personal issues and finding my life purpose but I never really figured out what it is exactly because sooner or later I'd always get stuck and disencouraged with taking any further steps.

virgo asc perfectionist, critical thinking good for audit-quality control type roles, self and health conscious;

asc lord mer over gemini with moon, good at compiling information, but confused at decision making roles;

good for business analyst/business information, instrumental music, psychometrics;

previous 2.5yrs sat transit sag opp moon-mer gemini, home-career-mother-health under emotional stress;

Actually I feel like I never even got any close to doing what I'm supposed to be doing in this lifetime. But most importantly, I don't know what it is that blocks me from taking action every single time and sticking to it until I find my answers.

ketu leo, jup-sat opp, moon-mer gemini; mentioned above;

mars lord 9th for luck-father negating to 8th, negating luck-father's support; mars own aries 8th success amidst adversity,

able to cope with tough challenges; while hyper-impulsive and accident prone and chronic urological inflammations-piles etc
;

I'm not looking for an advice on what would be the ideal vocation or life direction for me.

jup cancer 11th gains from teaching-advisory-consultancy roles, and gains from spouse-business partners/business;

sat own cap aptitude for public admin/school admin, event management etc,
but stuck with misjudgments and missed opportunities probably, jup-sat opp;

venus own taurus 9th, love of food-comforts, hotel management, pharmacy, university teaching, arts, etc etc

mars aspect own scorpio supportive of research-occult-investigative aptitudes;

in case some of these talents and their integration lead to self-discovery and self-fulfillment

I'm looking for an insight on what keeps holding me back from getting out there and trying to figure it out in the first place.

What is the main challenge or issue that you see in my chart that could be the cause of my constant idleness, discouragement and feeling stuck?

Last edited:

The Way

Hi Frayenne.

Virgo rising with ruler Mercury strong in its own sign of Gemini, within the 10th house. Mercury, Sun, Moon in the 10th house. Of course, I need not say - Writing. Jupiter, Neptune, Mars T-Square - Idealistic. Mars, Venus, Mercury strong in their home. Jupiter is exalted within the 11th of Cancer. Neptune indeed may undermine your efforts. The Retrograde Saturn indicates delays, problems, inhibitions, limitations, regarding career path. Saturn is returning to its degree soon, and you are starting to ponder what you want to do with your life.

frayenne

Hey guys!
Thanks for all of your input and taking the time to reply to my post, it was really helpful. I also took the time to process everything and I don't feel as clueless and down as I did before. I still have no idea how to get where I wanna be but at least I know where that is ;)

frayenne

Okay, kshantaram, you've been harassing me long enough :lol: Let's do this!

currently jup transit scorpio trine elevated natal jup cancer 11th for income-gains-friendships turning direct this week, and gains through research-advisory roles perhaps.

I'm good at advicing people but haven't noticed any of those gains lately.

sat return having to take critical long-term decisions of life impacting the next 30 yrs.

Definitely feel that influence.

jup-sat opp misjudgments-missed opportunities in life; sun-sat opp great stress in health-relationships-career;

I don't know about this one. If there were any opportunities that I missed, I didn't really even noticed. It's more of a bad timing thing.
Also, many times I show up in places that are soon about to go through some kind of tranformation. It's either that I participate in the changes and I leave those places completely different than I first saw them or they go through a transition or decay right after I leave. But I'm not sure which aspect governs that. I'd bet more on some Pluto influence.

sat now 2.5yr transit natal sat cap opp jup-sun; sat 5th seeking change but stuck, negating employment opportunities;
Oh yeah, that I've noticed.

ketu separative SNode hyper individualistic-proud leo detachment from income-gains-friendships-relationship;
1.5yr transit ketu over natal rahu NNode acq 5th, detachment from luck-edu-romance-children-position, life style reversals;
Can you elaborate on what you mean by detachment? How does it manifest in one's life?

virgo asc perfectionist, critical thinking good for audit-quality control type roles, self and health conscious;asc lord mer over gemini with moon, good at compiling information, but confused at decision making roles;
All true.

good for business analyst, instrumental music, psychometrics;
Not really. I may be good with numbers and details but focusing on tasks like that costs me a lot of energy and I get easily anxious. And surprisingly for a Mercury dominant, I'm not all that good with all activities requiring the use of my hands, I've always had issues with body-mind coordination. My hand-writing might be impeccable but I'm terrible at playing intruments or cooking, for instance. I always get clumsy with those activities :biggrin:

previous 2.5yrs sat transit sag opp moon-mer gemini, home-career-mother-health under emotional stress;
I'd say this particular stress has been going on for way longer that 2.5 years.

mars lord 9th negating to 8th, negating luck-father's support; mars own aries 8th success amidst adversity,
Can you explain why Mars position is negating all of those things?

able to cope with tough challenges; while hyper-impulsive and accident prone and chronic urological inflammations-piles etc
That was true in my childhood. Actually I think that the square from Saturn and Neptune to Mars is now stopping me from being impulsive most of the time which results in minimal occuring of accidents.

jup cancer 11th gains from teaching-advisory-consultancy roles, and gains from spouse-business partners/business;

sat own cap aptitude for public admin/school admin, event management etc,
but stuck with misjudgments and missed opportunities probably, jup-sat opp;

venus own taurus 9th, love of food-comforts, hotel management, pharmacy, university teaching, arts, etc etc

mars aspect own scorpio supportive of research-occult-investigative aptitudes;
I said I'm NOT looking for this kind of advice but whatever :tongue:

david starling

Hey guys!
Thanks for all of your input and taking the time to reply to my post, it was really helpful. I also took the time to process everything and I don't feel as clueless and down as I did before. I still have no idea how to get where I wanna be but at least I know where that is ;)

So....what's your plan? :wink:

frayenne

So....what's your plan? :wink:

Before I come up with any practical plan that I can apply to reality, I'd like to keep it to myself for now :tongue: Seeing how in the past I'd get upset about other people's opinions of workability of my plans and then put too much pressure on myself because of that, this time I want to fully form my own opinion and plan before I share it with others.

Thanks for your interest in this matter, though :wink: