Eros and Psyche

craft94

Eros conjunct Psyche is said to be a "soul mate" aspect. But is that always the case, and if it is, is it always happily ever after (which most interpretations seem to imply) or is there some amount of difficulty involved? In the actual myth, Psyche had to go through all of these difficult tasks to win Eros back...

JaxAstro

Did you ever get any responses for this? I'm also curious I have my Eros in Scorpio conjunct a love interests Psyche in Scorpio within two degrees.

craft94

Did you ever get any responses for this? I'm also curious I have my Eros in Scorpio conjunct a love interests Psyche in Scorpio within two degrees.

No response yet, nope. What was your relationship like with this person? Going by the actual myth, I feel like these relationships aren't easy as people would think...I had this aspect in a composite chart with someone, btw

rahu

Banned
No response yet, nope. What was your relationship like with this person? Going by the actual myth, I feel like these relationships aren't easy as people would think...I had this aspect in a composite chart with someone btw
On a practical level, eros/pysche shows innocent love. That is a love of the pure spirit rather than the body .this is moreso for psyche. Eros reciprocates this ethereal connection but is also quick to bring in the physical connection.
Though these symbols can bring a sense of soul mates, they do not insure this to be the case. It takes additional emotional/sexual aspects to form a soul mate relationship.
But these symbols by conjunction or square always give a feeling of fated love.
rahu

craft94

On a practical level, eros/pysche shows innocent love. That is a love of the pure spirit rather than the body .this is moreso for psyche. Eros reciprocates this ethereal connection but is also quick to bring in the physical connection.
Though these symbols can bring a sense of soul mates, they do not insure this to be the case. It takes additional emotional/sexual aspects to form a soul mate relationship.
But these symbols by conjunction or square always give a feeling of fated love.
rahu

Thank you.
But this love, while still being fated, can it also be challenging? Like in the myth Psyche had to go through all these tests and trials before she could be reunited with her Eros. Could this be how it plays out in real life?

rahu

Banned
I haven't found eros and psyche to be strong enough to precipitate a relationship solely on their placements.it adds a truly idealist feeling of love but it doesn't guarantee a relationship will form .

rahu

JaxAstro

Hi Craft94,
I would agree that there are some challenges to it. Here is the story:

We met overseas when I was 21 he was 22, friends and romantic, we are in our 50s now. Continue to reconnect throughout life, maintaining friendship but never solidifying a committed relationship and that is with my Sun in Scorpio (also conjunct the Psyche-Eros) Moon in Leo in the 8th, AND HIS Sun in Leo in the 8th with Moon in Scorpio. His Sun exactly conjunct my Vertex. My Venus conjunct his Mars. His Saturn sextile my Asc and his Jupiter trine within one degree, while my Moon trines his Asc. There is a lot between the charts. Both have Asc in Sag My Juno is conjunct his Asc one degree and is in the 12th where his Moon is. Asteroid Karma exactly conjuncts Asc maybe that is it? Or my Saturn inconjuncts his Venus while my Venus Quintiles his Saturn??? But our Venus' are exactly sextile, mine conjunct his MC and his Mars conjunct my Midheaven. It feels like I move on thinking 'not meant to happen' then fate, coincidence puts us back in each others' path again. Literally, one time it was a deployment overseas, another time it was visiting in a city I didn't live in and running into him on my way to lunch. Sometimes it is a dream that compels me or him to make contact (we have Moon, Neptune Mercury conjunctions). Weird and crazy kind of haunting and frustrating. That is how I would describe it.

Last edited:

JaxAstro

Rahu,
Thank you for your description. I guess I would say fated feeling yes, with frustration! His Psyche conjunct my Eros both in the 11th house, my Sun conjuncts on the cusp of 10th/11th, then we have this Mercury Neptune conjunction and his Moon in Scorpio. All clustered together in the 11th. His Neptune conjuncts my Mercury exact, his Moon is 3 degrees away and on the cusp of 11/12 house. i think this is why I have the dreams about him. Won't think about him or have any contact and then WHAM! a very lucid kind of dream those kind that haunt you for days.
Anyway, I have never had these kinds of aspects with anyone else, not obsessed or anything, I just let it go and let it be, but haunting is how I would describe it, like a pesky little itch that won't stop!