Read My Chart

jollyzal

Banned
Re: Why do 90% of people only wanna know about love and relationships?

The literally identical question was previously asked by member julian
who conveniently enough has literally the identical natal chart
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=606292&postcount=2
and was answered indubitably by the following post

i.e.
Mercury stationed on 2 April 1999 at 02:58AM
Mercury then went direct on 2 April 1999 at 03:19AM

therefore
since jollyzals natal chart
AND julians natal chart
are BOTH dated 1 April 1999 with a time of birth 1:21PM :smile:

then
jollyzals natal chart AND julians natal chart BOTH have a retrograde Mercury
and NOT a stationary direct Mercury

So there isn't any kind of orb to allow planets to be considered stationary, even if their movement is extremely slow? If not, then that Mercury only stationed for 20 minutes. I know my Mercury is in shambles. If my Sun is the strongest Sun I know, my Mercury is the weakest I know. Well, atleast it's still in sect and in the cusp of a house and ruled by an okay Jupiter I guess.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
This leads me to a topic I don't want to know a lot about, but it's about my life span and death. I think I will live for many years to come. Please I would kindly ask everyone else to not add anything to this specific part of the post, I just felt the need to get my thoughts out.

-Saturn in 10th in a fixed earth sign ruling the 8th and 7th. (It's very weakly opposing Mars however). Even though it's squaring Neptune, this aspect lasted for a good amount of months, meaining we're better off checking other the rest of the chart to have a final statement. HOWEVER, Saturn is in sect and in the 10th house as I said, most likely making him less troublesome and reducing the malefic part of this planet.

-Uranus ruler of 8th is weakly squaring a very strong Mars and solidly squaring Venus in the 10th. This is a mild T-square between three planets in rulership. These planets rule the 8th, the 4th, the 10th, the 5th and the 11th, taking a rather more "profession related" meaning to it, considering the squares are applying to the 10th and 4th.

-Ruler of the 1st (Moon) is conjunct an angle (the IC) therefore indicating a long life. There is a trine to the 8th house and 12th house cusp. It's ruled by a very strong Venus. Trines Uranus ruler of the 8th. Sextiling the cusp of the 2nd and the 1st house through the North Node in Leo, ruled by Sun.

-A very strong Sun conjunct Jupiter and trining Pluto. Jupiter rules 6th. This is a very strong healing capacity (which I've experienced!) Sun-Jup have a weak sextile coming from Uranus ruler of the 8th.

-IC is conjunct Spica (and therefore the Moon which are treated as the same idea indicated by the chart as whole.

My verdict would be a long lifespan with some difficulties. Maybe some health issues, but nothing too bad.

The stronger factors when trying to answer a question through a natal chart are definitely the ones that are more personalized, such as a specific ascendant aspect, a moon aspect, a house aspect, etc. (if it can be applied to less people then better)

And the good thing is here that the "bad" indicators tend to be more general than the good ones. Especially considering the accuracy of the Sun's aspects as well as the Moon's. (Which are always important factors when determining health)

---------------------------------------------

You can reply to this:

I think there are other methods to calculate lifespan however. (I believe it was the hayz?)

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

So there isn't any kind of orb to allow planets to be considered stationary, even if their movement is extremely slow?
If not, then that Mercury only stationed for 20 minutes.
I know my Mercury is in shambles.
If my Sun is the strongest Sun I know, my Mercury is the weakest I know.
Well, at least it's still in sect and in the cusp of a house and ruled by an okay Jupiter I guess.
An Aries Sun in 10th IS strong but is not in domicile
an Aries Sun is in the home of Mars
and so
A Leo Sun in 10th is arguably stronger because of being at home
i.e. in domicile :smile:

JUPITERASC

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
This leads me to a topic I don't want to know a lot about, but it's about my life span and death.
I think I will live for many years to come.
Please I would kindly ask everyone else to not add anything to this specific part of the post,
I just felt the need to get my thoughts out.

-Saturn in 10th in a fixed earth sign ruling the 8th and 7th.
(It's very weakly opposing Mars however).
Even though it's squaring Neptune, this aspect lasted for a good amount of months, meaining we're better off checking other the rest of the chart to have a final statement.
HOWEVER, Saturn is in sect and in the 10th house as I said
most likely making him less troublesome and reducing the malefic part of this planet.

-Uranus ruler of 8th is weakly squaring a very strong Mars and solidly squaring Venus in the 10th.
This is a mild T-square between three planets in rulership.
These planets rule the 8th, the 4th, the 10th, the 5th and the 11th,
taking a rather more "profession related" meaning to it, considering the squares are applying to the 10th and 4th.

-Ruler of the 1st (Moon) is conjunct an angle (the IC) therefore indicating a long life.
There is a trine to the 8th house and 12th house cusp.
It's ruled by a very strong Venus.
Trines Uranus ruler of the 8th. Sextiling the cusp of the 2nd and the 1st house through the North Node in Leo, ruled by Sun.

-A very strong Sun conjunct Jupiter and trining Pluto.
Jupiter rules 6th. This is a very strong healing capacity (which I've experienced!)
Sun-Jup have a weak sextile coming from Uranus ruler of the 8th.

-IC is conjunct Spica (and therefore the Moon which are treated as the same idea indicated by the chart as whole.
conjunction in longitude is not the same as conjunction by latitude and declination
however Spica MAY be in PARANS to your Moon and IC

My verdict would be a long lifespan with some difficulties.
Maybe some health issues, but nothing too bad.

The stronger factors when trying to answer a question through a natal chart are definitely the ones that are more personalized,
such as a specific ascendant aspect, a moon aspect, a house aspect, etc. (if it can be applied to less people then better)

And the good thing is here that the "bad" indicators tend to be more general than the good ones.
Especially considering the accuracy of the Sun's aspects as well as the Moon's.
(Which are always important factors when determining health)
---------------------------------------------
You can reply to this:

I think there are other methods to calculate lifespan however. (I believe it was the hayz?)
Omnisphericus left us with a detailed thread on calculation of lifespan topic http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46808

medieval technique of the "Giver of Life" (Hyleg) and the "Giver of Years" (Alcocoden),
which according to the medievals should give the amount of years of life to the native :smile:

I will try firstly to give the example of the Hyleg and Alcocoden in the chart of the recently died pop diva Whitney Houston.

But first lets see what is Hyleg and Alcocoden.

Here is what Bernadettte Brady says about H & A:
Quote:
The Hyleg is a planet in the chart that fulfils certain conditions. Once found, it
signifies that life is present. Generally the planet’s individual nature does not reflect
on the quality of this life force, but the presence of a Hyleg tells the astrologer that life
is granted to the horoscope. The astrologer will then look for the planet, which has a
certain relationship to the Hyleg, and this planet is called the Alcoccoden. The duty of
the Alcoccoden is to allocate the years or length of life. If there is no Hyleg in a chart,
there can be no Alcoccoden.

So, Hyleg and Alcocoden are showing the Vital Life Force of the native. They show how much years in life do you have according to the 'Esse' or the condition of your body and soul. With the modern medicine it seems out that this Esse is prolonged, but we will see how in the case of Whitney Houston this is almost exact.
If the nativity dies from a serial killer, or a car accident H & A does not count, they do not show the accidents, they show the condition of the body and soul and accordingly how much years one have.

Here is the summary of the planets and points which can be potential Hylegs:

Quote:
In Day charts, we’re looking for the:
• Sun above the horizon in a masculine quarter (11th or 10th), or
• Sun above the horizon in a feminine quarter (7th, 9th) in a masculine sign, or
• Moon below the horizon in a feminine quarter (4th, 5th), or
• Moon below the horizon in a masculine quarter (1st, 2nd, 3rd) in a feminine sign

In Night charts, we’re looking for the:
• Moon above the horizon in a feminine quarter (9th, 7th), or
• Moon above the horizon in a masculine quarter (10th, 11th) in a feminine sign, or
• Sun below the horizon in a masculine quarter (1st, 2nd), or
• Sun below the horizon in a feminine quarter (4th or 5th) in a masculine sign

Potential hylegs are the Sun, Moon, Part of Fortune, Asc and SAN. Or instead of using
the PoF, Asc and SAN itself, you are to take the Lord of the place or the Almuten of the
place. Some instructions advise you to look for the Almuten of all these places.
As a general rule, the potential Hyleg must aspect at least one of its dignity rulers.
Ptolemy appears to be the only exception in this, preferring a planet with two or more
dignities and no aspect over a planet in aspect with only one dignity.
Alchabitius rejected the Moon as hyleg if she was under the Sun’s beams. Heliodorus
rejected any planet as hyleg if it was USB (under the sun beams)

The Hyleg is the giver of life. Once it is found, we need to look for the Alcochoden
or giver of years.

(taken from the group Angelicus Merlin).

Lets take the example of Whitney Houston.
View attachment 26865

Her chart is a night chart so we first look for a potential Hyleg in the Moon.
Moon is under the Horizon in a night chart, so it can not be Hyleg.
Then we go to the Sun (in a day chart we first go with the Sun), the Sun is in cadent 6th house so it can not be Hyleg too.
Than we look at the Syzygy, or the last lunation prior the birth. In the Whitney's chart it was a Full Moon prior the birth so the chart is so called Preventional and we take the Pars Fortuna as potential Hyleg.
It is in 4th in Cancer.
We now look at the dispositors to see which dispositor takes the most dignity points at the degree in which the PoF is.
For that reason we take the dignity table, I will use here a table with triplicities according to Dorotheus and terms according to the egiptians.
Domicil ruler takes 5 points, exaltation ruler 4, triplicity ruler 3, term ruler 2 and face ruler 1 point.
Moon, domicil ruler = 5 points
Jupiter exaltation ruler 4 points
Mars, triplicity ruler 3 points
Venus, term ruler 2 points
Venus, face ruler 1 point.

Next we look if the Moon (as having the most points in that degree in which PoF is) is making some classical (conjunction, sextile, square, trine, opposition) aspect to the PoF. She is making a square to the Fortuna but it is in wide orbs (although in the moiety). Jupiter is out of orb. Venus is not in aspect. Mars is making a partile (exact) aspect to the PoF and we will take him instead of the Moon (because it is in partile aspect).

So, Part Of Fortune is a Hyleg in Whitney's chart and Mars is Alcocoden.

Next we look at the years table of the planets potential Alcocodens:
View attachment 26866

We see that the minor years of Mars are 15, Middle Years 40,5 and major years 66.
Mars is angular but in very week sign position (in Exile) so we will take its Middle years (40.5).
Next, we look at the aspects which Mars receives from the benefics and malefics.
If benefic aspects the Alcocoden with Con, sextile or trine adds its minor years as years and its middle years as months, weeks or days (according to the position in which lies).
If Malefic aspects the Alcocoden, subtract from the Alcocoden with its minor years and middle years as months, weeks or days.

Mars is aspecting the other malefic Saturn, but with trine (so this not subtract years because it is benevolent aspect).
Mars is making opposition with Jupiter but out of orb, and with opposition so this does not add to the years.
Mars is making a sextile to Venus and she can add her minor years.
So we add Venus' minor years (8), and her middle years as days (45), because she is cadent and combust. If she was in good position we would add her middle eyars as months.

So we have,
40.5years + 8years + 45 days = 48 years 7 months and 15 days.
Whitney lived 48 years 6 months and 2 days.

sibylline

Am I the only person who doesn't see the controversy in Jollyzal's question?

It's not controversial (this idea has been brought up before), but it is off base. Not that it was necessary but earlier I looked through the topics of posts on the first page of this subforum -- 14 percent were about relationships. Second page -- 21 percent. Neither of these numbers are close to 90 percent. The Relational Astrology subforum is also far from the most popular forum here.

Again, if these questions catch a person's attention to the extent that they could be this far off from reality then it suggests that something about intimate relationships bothers them.

My view is that you simply prioritize self-actualization over relationships. Some people, probably not the ones who tend to congregate on these sites, are like that.

I'm not sure what is meant by self-actualization here but if it's the popular definition, i.e. Maslow (not that his theories aren't problematic), then it doesn't work that way. A person can't reach self-actualization without forming deep relationships of some sort; that's one of its defining characteristics. In addition to being able to accept others as they are...In fact, nothing about this thread indicates a moving to self-actualization.

I don't see [controversy] either, my friend. I just criticize people a lot that's it.

That is not what your original post said.

But I find this interesting:

The literally identical question was previously asked by member julian
who conveniently enough has literally the identical natal chart

theV

Erik Erikson said that the stage from 18 to 35 is the stage of forming relationship, finding a mate and love and getting married. People who are above 20 years old in the forum mostly ask about love.However, teens in the forum ask about depression, identity crisis, or identity related issues.

graay ghost

If you want to know why people ask so much about relationships, I would recommend looking at studies of human isolation. It really does make you go crazy.

craft94

Relationships are more important to some people than others just as career is more important to some people than it is to others but I think it's a fallacy to say that self-actualization and relationships are at opposite ends of a spectrum. It's normal and healthy to want to form intimate relationships with people. Some people feel happier when they're in a relationship. Humans are social animals, after all. It is not a weakness and it does not necessarily mean you "haven't gotten in touch with yourself" or that you "can't stand to be alone with yourself." Thats co-dependency, but I've noticed many people tend to assume that this is always the case when it's really not?

I swear every time I ask about relationships, at least one person assumes I have a co-dependency problem and tells me I need to "get in touch with myself first" but I know perfectly **** well what I want (being alone all the time can do that to you) and sometimes, too much time spent on self-reflection can actually drive you crazy. Believe me, if I was desperate for a relationship, I would be in one already, but it isn't healthy to spend this much time in isolation! I've learned that if I continue to "focus on myself" and wait for the "right person" to come along, I'll die alone. I've done enough "focusing on myself" and I honestly don't see how a relationship will change that. People don't just stop being themselves once they've entered into a relationship. I guess some people do but I think most people want to be in a relationship with an actual PERSON right?

Sorry, now I'M ranting.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

I'm not sure what is meant by self-actualization here but if it's the popular definition, i.e. Maslow (not that his theories aren't problematic), then it doesn't work that way. A person can't reach self-actualization without forming deep relationships of some sort; that's one of its defining characteristics. In addition to being able to accept others as they are...In fact, nothing about this thread indicates a moving to self-actualization.

Perhaps self-improvement is a better, less ambiguous term. (I have a personal definition of self-actualization which is more of a "fulfilling of one's innate potential",Maslow's hierarchy notwithstanding).

He's had previous thread where his interest lies with his individual aims and goals. Hence why I said what I said.

I took his thread title as more of a hyperbole and not an actual percentage of the threads on here. And if we are going to do an actual survey of relationship threads on the site, you would also have to bare in mind the horary section, which relationship questions dominate quite convincingly.

And yep, he is in fact Julian. I don't see a problem with that though.

theV

Relationships are more important to some people than others just as career is more important to some people than it is to others but I think it's a fallacy to say that self-actualization and relationships are at opposite ends of a spectrum. It's normal and healthy to want to form intimate relationships with people. Some people feel happier when they're in a relationship. Humans are social animals, after all. It is not a weakness and it does not necessarily mean you "haven't gotten in touch with yourself" or that you "can't stand to be alone with yourself." Thats co-dependency, but I've noticed many people tend to assume that this is always the case when it's really not?

I swear every time I ask about relationships, at least one person assumes I have a co-dependency problem and tells me I need to "get in touch with myself first" but I know perfectly **** well what I want (being alone all the time can do that to you) and sometimes, too much time spent on self-reflection can actually drive you crazy. Believe me, if I was desperate for a relationship, I would be in one already, but it isn't healthy to spend this much time in isolation! I've learned that if I continue to "focus on myself" and wait for the "right person" to come along, I'll die alone. I've done enough focusing on myself.

That's why 7th house is a main important house in the zodiac-squaring career.

conspiracy theorist

Erik Erikson said that the stage from 18 to 35 is the stage of forming relationship, finding a mate and love and getting married. People who are above 20 years old in the forum mostly ask about love.However, teens in the forum ask about depression, identity crisis, or identity related issues.

Citation needed.

sibylline

Perhaps self-improvement is a better, less ambiguous term. (I have a personal definition of self-actualization which is more of a "fulfilling of one's innate potential",Maslow's hierarchy notwithstanding).

He's had previous thread where his interest lies with his individual aims and goals. Hence why I said what I said.

I took his thread title as more of a hyperbole and not an actual percentage of the threads on here. And if we are going to do an actual survey of relationship threads on the site, you would also have to bare in mind the horary section, which relationship questions dominate quite convincingly.

And yep, he is in fact Julian. I don't see a problem with that though.

I understand it's hyperbole but it's just too far out.

Everyone doesn't have Julian/Jolly's chart and experiences though (or yours). If everyone only focused on themselves and how they can get ahead in life, the world would be very different and not so much in a good way. The world needs all types.

I didn't include horary because of the way things are split up there.

Previously banned members are not allowed back on the forum, IIRC. So we'll probably be bidding Julian a Jolly farewell soon.

conspiracy theorist

I understand it's hyperbole but it's just too far out.

Everyone doesn't have Julian/Jolly's chart and experiences though (or yours). If everyone only focused on themselves and how they can get ahead in life, the world would be very different and not so much in a good way. The world needs all types.

I didn't include horary because of the way things are split up there.

Previously banned members are not allowed back on the forum, IIRC. So we'll probably be bidding Julian a Jolly farewell soon.

Hmm yeah I agree. I usually kick back and notice all the various threads that pop up. It has as much to do with the requesters as it does with the answerers. If one type of question get's answered competently you tend to see more of them crop up in that span of time.

I think they've known for awhile. He actually adds to the forum though, so that's why he hasn't got the boot (yet).

conspiracy theorist

Btw Julian, your Mercury fits the criteria of a stationing planet as it changes direction within a week of your birth. (A day in fact, quite strong)

jollyzal

Banned

Btw Julian, your Mercury fits the criteria of a stationing planet as it changes direction within a week of your birth. (A day in fact, quite strong)

That's what I'm saying. There should be an orb to allow a planet to be stationary. Thanks. So if it's considered Stationary... is it Stationary retrograde?

conspiracy theorist

That's what I'm saying. There should be an orb to allow a planet to be stationary. Thanks. So if it's considered Stationary... is it Stationary retrograde?

Based on where your Mercury is relative to your Sun, it would have to be stationing direct. Refer to the articles that I linked a page back for more info.

JUPITERASC

Based on where your Mercury is relative to your Sun, it would have to be stationing direct.

Refer to the articles that I linked a page back for more info

It was not as shown by unique astrology :smile:
That's what I'm saying.
There should be an orb to allow a planet to be stationary.
Thanks.
So if it's considered Stationary... is it Stationary retrograde?
Your natal mercury is retrograde jollyzal
as shown by the following post regarding the date, time and place of your natal chart :smile:

Minute by minute to the arc second.

ETciyp1.gif

JUPITERASC

conspiracytheorist sixteen months ago on 18 March 2015
I mentioned the Hellenistic perspective to julian aka jollyzal at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=606328&postcount=19
and I quote :smile:
Interestingly,
if we were HELLENISTIC ASTROLOGERS
and were delineating charts two thousand years ago
then as part of conditions relative to the Sun
your natal mercury would have been considered to be:
"fit and able to do business"

i.e.

When a planet is in the interval from heliacal rising up to first station
or from second station up to the heliacal setting,
the planet is capable of appearing
and therefore is in a place conducive to the conduct of its business .

The heliacal rising of a star
(or other body such as the moon, a planet or a constellation)
occurs when it first becomes visible above the eastern horizon for a brief moment just before sunrise
after a period of time when it had not been visible
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heliacal_rising

When a planet is making a Station and/or phasis,

it is not only capable of appearing but is also intensified

Robert Schmidt
http://www.projecthindsight.com/ says that Phasis means “making an appearance”
or “sudden dramatic showing of something”.
It can also mean “something that speaks”
or we can say that it means “an appearance that speaks”.

Phasis describes a planet making a heliacal rising
(rising before the sun)
(standardized to 15 degrees by Hellenistic astrology)
within 7 days BEFORE of AFTER native’s birth.

Rumen Kolev is one of very few living practitioners of Ancient Babylonian Astrology
based on his own observations of the skies,
Rumen Kolev states that the 15
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]º
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]standardisation
is obviously a variable dependent upon local conditions
[/FONT]
, http://www.babylonianastrology.com/

When any planet is “under the sun’s beams”
i.e. within 15 ecliptic degrees of the sun,
the planet is considered not capable of conducting its business due to being “drained or unempowered”.

However, there are modifications to this
such as if a planet is in its Exaltation, own terms or own bounds or dignity,
then the planet is considered to be “in its own chariot”
and therefore “protected and/or shielded” from the potential 'harm' of combustion :smile:

When a planet is in the interval of first station to second station (i.e. retrograde),
the planet is not fit to conduct its business because it is described as “walking backwards”.

conspiracy theorist

Yes Jupiter, I'm aware of your posts to Julian. let him decide for himself what he will adopt or not. Sounds reasonable?