Saturn transiting 4th House and Pluto the 5th

Ataraxis

Hello everyone,

I have so much curiosity about my transits in general that I am not sure where to start! I think that my life was turned upside down in the last 2-3 years. A lot of changes. Still single, though.

4th house: Currently I have Saturn transiting my 4th house, conjunct Uranus. I have also Neptune in the same house. Yes, a lot!

I have a few doubts about where I want to live. I want to find a home and I am considering moving (again) to another country. At the same time, I feel scared, much more scared than before and I am not sure about this. I feel that in the past 2-3 years I went to hell and came back - did I?

And where does romance fit in all of this?

5th house: Pluto left the 4th house where it changed the whole family dynamics, messed up with my sense of roots and familiarity to the point of deep sadness, and even made me move to another country, and is now transiting my planetless 5th house in Capricorn! Now what, I wonder? Will Pluto stir things up a bit romance-wise? Or only creativity-wise? It has been a bit dull in this area. I have a tendency to be involved in that type of situation where things don't move, they are blocked. I have been giving a lot of thought about this.

What are your thoughts? I am attaching my Natal+Transits chart.

Thanks! :)

Attachments

• astro_24gw_01_anonymous_2016225.81435.28564-25 FEB.gif
    astro_24gw_01_anonymous_2016225.81435.28564-25 FEB.gif
    64.9 KB · Views: 26

Kitchy

Banned
Hello -

A few years back, Saturn was transiting my 4th house and Pluto transiting 5th. It was a very difficult time, I can say.

Saturn & Pluto traveling close enough these days to affect sequential houses - I think a lot of us have or will soon experience that lovely 1-2 punch.

Saturn brings restrictions or losses by transit, but only when the native has let something slide, or taken short cuts, in the rules of the house it's visiting.

Pluto causes upheaval - bulldozing of all the hidden secret things that are known but have not been shared.

For me - and I'm just recently coming out of that harsh period - it was issues around my home, my mother, my family and my child. All in about a 3 year period. Fractured relations with my family, with my child - essentially. And! leaving a town I loved because we truly couldn't afford to live in that area anymore. During this time, my mom's cancer got worse and she passed - which caused all kinds of troubles within our family - all those saturn in 4th things - resentments, bickering, coldness and everyone pulling out the pity rug to lay on for all the things that were wrong with other throughout life - issues of absence, abandonment, control, cruelty. Man, it was really ugly.

The upside of this second saturn return - as it turned out - was that we making some good money off of property sale and even though it seemed forced by circumstance at the time, I ended up doing some serious business research on real estate in other states - and we were able to find a place that was bigger in home size, much more affordable, less driving, less taxes and a much more quiet and peaceful area. At the time, my fiance (now husband) was in a bitter feud with his family over some property and it got to the point that we hadn't talked to either of our family members, who lived right in town, for several months. We could have stayed and bought property in a less desirable neighborhood and maybe we would have worked past the misery - but neither of us wanted to and we moved to a neighboring state. Saturn is beautiful for helping you to decide what you should keep and what you should leave behind - even when it's painful.

Strangely - once Saturn left my 4th into my 5th - I found a solace in having 'let go' of family and yet also - 're-earning' my son's respect and trust after a couple of bad domineering years where I was less than kind in my 'parenting' duties. He basically told me to flip off because he was tired of me bossing him around and telling him what to do even though he was in his mid 20's.

During that time, I felt alone and sad and bitter at myself and my family.

As for Pluto transiting 5th - if you have children - your kid(s) will have problems (problems to you) - financially or emotionally - or become possessed, obsessed with something - for good or not good - that will keep you on edge. That's been my experience. My son is 27 and has his head on straight, college degree, a working professional musician - but he recently dealt with Uranus and Saturn and Pluto transits going over his cap stellium - and he basically opted to 'downsize' his life - by giving up his high-rent apt. in a nice neighborhood and location near the beach to move in with a tribe of musicians and artists in a latino arts colony in Los Angeles. The fact that he is not latino is of less matter than the fact that the place he moved is in one of the most gang and crime riddled areas of L.A. - He lives in his bubble while mother (pluto transiting 5th) goes apeshit with worry and fear of violence or harm.

Ultimately - where Saturn & Pluto transit - there is always going to be an issue of relinquishing control or trying to hold on to it.

Pluto transiting the 5th is really about regenerating or destroying the things, relationships, that you have created in your life.

It's important to note that because Saturn & Pluto have, and for time being, been close in transit - everyone will get the 1-2 punch in some house areas. They tend to hurt most when they are near or past the angles of a chart.

Neptune in 4th house natally can confuse or veil transiting Saturn's purpose - which is to bring order and adjustment. Neptune operates by a fluid chaos - and it becomes comfortable. When Saturn arrives, probably Neptune does it's dance around the matter that Saturn has to contend with - and it's a push pull. In your case - it's probably best to ask yourself what you can do to bring order to that dance - have some steps and dips planned out where family and home are especially concerned.

Pluto in 5th and romance. Maybe it will dig up some sexual-romantic side of you that is dangerous or risky. Be careful. By itself, Pluto doesn't create romance via a transit to 5th - but it can stir up some pretty plutonic issues around your horny-ness. Also as cautionary thought - overpowering another or being overpowered in areas of fun, good times, fooling around - should be monitored.

If you are interested in family ancestry and finding out truths - now that pluto has passed through 4th safely (?) you might find saturn is an excellent resource for studying history of family, geneology, ancestral matters. And, I forgot to mention this - but during time Pluto transited my 4th house - I discovered that my beloved grandfather (deceased) who was the patriarch of our family - had either been lied to or perpetuated a lie about who is birth father was. Through my ancestry research - (pluto plumbing the 4th house and then Saturn entered 4th) I discovered that the man we always thought to be his father - was not his biological father) because the man listed as his father had fled US to Canada two years before my grandfather was born to escape the law! To this day - I have not found out who his bio father was. Sad.

Nonetheless, and if I sound repetitive, I'd be surprised to see transits of saturn or pluto bring 'romance' in this 4/5th juncture - this special combo 4/5 has a collective you written all over it - figuring out where you stand in life and what you can create or repair or rebuild from bottom up.

Last edited:

Ataraxis

Saturn is beautiful for helping you to decide what you should keep and what you should leave behind - even when it's painful.

Pluto transiting the 5th is really about regenerating or destroying the things, relationships, that you have created in your life.

It's important to note that because Saturn & Pluto have, and for time being, been close in transit - everyone will get the 1-2 punch in some house areas. They tend to hurt most when they are near or past the angles of a chart.

Neptune in 4th house natally can confuse or veil transiting Saturn's purpose - which is to bring order and adjustment. Neptune operates by a fluid chaos - and it becomes comfortable. When Saturn arrives, probably Neptune does it's dance around the matter that Saturn has to contend with - and it's a push pull. In your case - it's probably best to ask yourself what you can do to bring order to that dance - have some steps and dips planned out where family and home are especially concerned.

Pluto in 5th and romance. Maybe it will dig up some sexual-romantic side of you that is dangerous or risky.
If you are interested in family ancestry and finding out truths - now that pluto has passed through 4th safely (?) you might find saturn is an excellent resource for studying history of family, geneology, ancestral matters.

Nonetheless, and if I sound repetitive, I'd be surprised to see transits of saturn or pluto bring 'romance' in this 4/5th juncture - this special combo 4/5 has a collective you written all over it - figuring out where you stand in life and what you can create or repair or rebuild from bottom up.

Hello Kitchy,

Many thanks for sharing and for your thoughts on these transits.

Although we have different experiences and stories, the core of the questions that Saturn and Pluto touch is similar.

I am wondering if the storm will be lighter than the transit of Pluto through the 4th. And I hope it will be. I think I was forced to deal with so many issues and trouble when Pluto was in the 4th.

Funny thing is that I have been thinking about picking up the genealogy/family tree research I started during that 4th house storm.
There are some family disagreements at the moment and I am trying to stay away from them. Maybe Saturn will force me.
Or it will force me to move back to my home country, or another country. Who knows? All I know is that my life is nowhere close to what it was 3 years ago.

Thanks again!

jollyzal

Banned
I see your Saturn is in the 4th house in Sagittarius. Have you experienced limitations and restrictions within family or have you been put in places you consider inconvenient to your needs due to work or your mother? This could also be read as this change affecting your emotional security and your need of a routine. Saurn in Sagittarius does imply changes in your house related to higher learning, knowledge, travel, etc. Your Saturn rules your 6th house of diseases, routine, work, and enemies which implies this change could be because of these matters. But on the other hand Jupiter is there in the 6th house helping you out.

And one thing about your natal chart: Do you feel more lucky in matters related to the 4th house than matters related to the 6th house? Have you had health problems? Say sudden and unexpected health problems.

Ataraxis

I see your Saturn is in the 4th house in Sagittarius. Have you experienced limitations and restrictions within family or have you been put in places you consider inconvenient to your needs due to work or your mother? This could also be read as this change affecting your emotional security and your need of a routine. Saurn in Sagittarius does imply changes in your house related to higher learning, knowledge, travel, etc. Your Saturn rules your 6th house of diseases, routine, work, and enemies which implies this change could be because of these matters. But on the other hand Jupiter is there in the 6th house helping you out.

And one thing about your natal chart: Do you feel more lucky in matters related to the 4th house than matters related to the 6th house? Have you had health problems? Say sudden and unexpected health problems.

Hello jollyzal,

Thanks for your reply!

You are correct, I have experienced restrictions and limitations due to work - now and in the past. My childhood was marked by parents who were supportive but did not have enough time to be with me because of their work. Eventually, I grew up with a sense of loneliness, and other emotional rubbish that I only started to get rid off recently.

I can't say where I feel more lucy: matters of the 4th or matters of the 6th. I have had a lot of challenges related to family, home and health. But I can say that the health issues were the most hard to deal with. I had 2 operations last year to get rid of a benign tumour. It went well, fortunately, and I can say I got rid of a problem. But I am almost paranoid now with what I eat and tend to get really anxious whenever there's something weird in my body. Let's say I became much more health- and body-conscious and don't take anything for granted. It is really good to know that Jupiter is there to help me out :) It makes sense because I recovered very well.

To sum up I have had family, home, work and health-issues and I am "praying" that the next few years will easier.

Thanks!

jollyzal

Banned
Hello jollyzal,

Thanks for your reply!

You are correct, I have experienced restrictions and limitations due to work - now and in the past. My childhood was marked by parents who were supportive but did not have enough time to be with me because of their work. Eventually, I grew up with a sense of loneliness, and other emotional rubbish that I only started to get rid off recently.

I can't say where I feel more lucy: matters of the 4th or matters of the 6th. I have had a lot of challenges related to family, home and health. But I can say that the health issues were the most hard to deal with. I had 2 operations last year to get rid of a benign tumour. It went well, fortunately, and I can say I got rid of a problem. But I am almost paranoid now with what I eat and tend to get really anxious whenever there's something weird in my body. Let's say I became much more health- and body-conscious and don't take anything for granted. It is really good to know that Jupiter is there to help me out :) It makes sense because I recovered very well.

To sum up I have had family, home, work and health-issues and I am "praying" that the next few years will easier.

Thanks!

Jupiter always helps, but many people don't think he does. The thing is, if you go by the easy way you're eventually going to run into things related to Saturn (limitations, restrictions, failure) but if you by the hard way like Saturn, you will find fortune, luck, knowledge, experience, etc. (Jupiter). So one planet leads into the other. Saturn is the planet that can make you succeed in life.