Oppositions, Squares, Transits - Oh My!

Up until about October of 2012 last year I felt as if my life was moving in a rather healthy & whole direction - since then it feels like I have regressed and I have had difficulties in most areas of my life.. finally culminating in not being able to finish the last quarter of a 6 years spent to obtain my bachelor's degree in pysch. I have been able to reframe all of this in a beneficial way.. but I'm just very concerned after looking at my transits that the oppositions & squares that seem to be my whole forecast until mid-2014 are too much to handle. So, I am breaking my own rule of not posting my own chart to ask advice.. because I do not have enough knowledge to be sure I am perceiving it correctly. I hope someone may have some insight based on this and would be very thankful for any as relying on my own insight since I am so close to the experiences I am having - is unwise I think.

Pluto square Pluto
Beginning of February 2012 until mid-December 2013

Saturn square Saturn
End of November 2012 until mid-September 2013

Neptune opposition Mercury
Beginning of March 2013 until end of December 2014

Uranus opposition Pluto
End of March 2013 until end of February 2014

Uranus trine Neptune
End of April 2013 until end of March 2014

Jupiter opposition Moon
From 13 June 2013 until 22 June 2013

Last edited:

RosieOne

Fear of transits is a common beginner's problem, and I notice this syndrome in very educated astrologers too. Doctors who fear blood, teachers who fear their students, therapists who fear phobias, gardeners who fear getting their hands dirty, astrologers who fear transits - not going to succeed.

We all got transits. The Outer planet energy, especially Pluto, cannot be controlled. Only thing to do when Pluto transits hit is to surrender and dive into them. Do not resist. Swim with the current. Most of the time Pluto transits are slow and deep, and nothing much happens. But none of us get through life without experiencing death in all sorts of forms. Most of us live long enough to have our parents die on us, for instance. Personally I find comfort when big fated transformative events in my life show up as Pluto transits in my scope. The Source of All Horoscopes is telling me that astrology works and that everything is happening as the Cosmic Plan dictates.

The transits you listed are happening to everyone born around when you were born. Except the two involving your Mercury, and your Jupiter/Moon - everyone your age is going through them.

Again, most of the time Pluto energy stays underground, and in the background. Everyone your age is going through their Pluto square Pluto - you are all under the same deep pressures at this point in your lives - life is intense and deep.

Ironically, Saturn transits are about facing our fears. Saturn transits reward us for growing up or confront us and make us grow up. Fearing Saturn transits is a Saturnian joke.

With Neptune in the sky opposing your Mercury, you may feel a bit spacy for a few months, but it is an empowerment. When Neptune moves on, and the fog lifts, your mind will be expanded. You may remember your dreams like never before, or find that meditation has become easy during this transit. You may start to write poetry, or channel music or take up painting, or start given tarot readings that amaze your friends. You may seem to learn astrology by magic. But again, you may not quite compute how or why you know what you know.

Watch out about wandering in front of cars, and practice grounding practices. Make allowances for the fog and give yourself time for reflection. Seek nature.

Jupiter opposite Moon is a boost of inspiration, helping you understand any unhappiness you have, brings you out of denial - but it also gives you the confidence to change, to breakthrough into a whole new level of happiness, confidence, and inner peace, and contentment.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply! I appreciate it very much as it helps to put it in some perspective. I've found sometimes when I am concerned by something it is best to ask others, reflect, bounce it around - and then it isn't so concerning. One of the reasons I asked is since the end of 2012 I have been having inner and outer experiences that reflect some of what "astro" interprets these transits as affecting - but I hadn't looked at my short forecast until recently.

For clarification - I would think that even the transits that are affecting everyone around my age - 36 - for me personally won't they tend to manifest in the areas of my life that my natal planet is housed in, and be filtered through the lens of the sign they are placed in? Saturn 4th Leo, Pluto 6th Libra, Neptune 7th Sagittarius, Moon 8th Sagittarius? Mercury my personal planet is 5th, Virgo - intercepted - and prominent in my chart although Jupiter 12th Taurus is the ruler of my chart by accidental dignity (singleton east, conjunct my ascendant).

Edit: Thinking about it and had one more question about how to read these transits - how much does which house the planet is transiting effect how the aspect appears in life?

I also have a Jupiter Quincunx Moon aspect that I've been advised is important to keep in mind when interpreting my natal chart - which makes me wonder about that transit occurring in June - I anticipate that is a "good" thing but I would think that it would affect my life differently than someone else experiencing the same transit because of its prominence in my natal chart? Perhaps maybe a time when I can see that quincunx influence a little clearer?

Again - thank you so much for your reply and taking the time to take a look - I'm at that point in my studies where I know just enough to think I know something, and that is dangerous. *smile*

Last edited:

RosieOne

For clarification - I would think that even the transits that are affecting everyone around my age - 36 - for me personally won't they tend to manifest in the areas of my life that my natal planet is housed in, and be filtered through the lens of the sign they are placed in?

This is correct! You are part of the Pluto in Libra generation and this generational energy comes through you, transforms you, impacts you in 6th House ways. Since Pluto energy is so strong it blows open the whole axis, it shoots across your scope. So the way to manifest Pluto in Libra in the 6th House well, is to apply yourself to Aries in the 12th activities. Pioneer (Aries) you own psyche and soul (12th). Meditate. And/or be a warrior (Aries) for the sick, poor and oppressed (12th).

That is just looking at your Natal Scope.

Right now Pluto is Squaring this from the cusp of your 9th House. A Square means a challenge, of course. You have already speoken about having all your plans change. But after Pluto transits the 8th House (me too! T. Pluto has finally made it into my 9th House too!)..well, everything seem lighter and brighter. The long years of Pluto through your 8th have been deeply cleansing and about survival and processing trauma - so I suspect your Pluto Sqaure compared to others, will seem very good, like the challenge the butterfly has coming out of the cocoon. Your horizons are being expanded dramtically.

Of course the big Uranus/Pluto Square is also happening and Uranus in the sky is opposite your Pluto, so again, meditate and write down the messages you get. Watch out for feeling grandiose, and if you get too much energy meditating, too electric or zip zappy, stop and switch to soaking in hot water, with bath salts or epsom salts - relaxing deeply, NOT meditating.

Warning: When it is time to learn to learn to meditate, and we are resistant to going within, to being alone with ourselves...the universe sometimes makes us sick or otherwsie messes with our bodies. We are forced to retreat into solitude and our inner experiences - ala hospitals and bed rest.

Saturn 4th Leo, Pluto 6th Libra, Neptune 7th Sagittarius, Moon 8th Sagittarius? Mercury my personal planet is 5th, Virgo - intercepted - and prominent in my chart although Jupiter 12th Taurus is the ruler of my chart by accidental dignity (singleton east, conjunct my ascendant).

Huh??? :eek:

Another common mistake of beginning astrologers, that you can also see in advanced astrologers, is a tendency to fall into information overload.

It is the simple things, astrologically speaking, that need to get balanced for us to live happy and empowered lives. More about your scope tomorrow.

Last edited:
Yes, information overload & getting overly focused on details is a mistake I make. Keep it simple & one step at a time gets me to my destination is something I remind myself of, often belatedly.

My intent in outlining the houses/signs was to understand how "group" planet transits will effect me personally, although I overly complicated my communication of that. (Neptune/Mercury opposition? perhaps.)

Thank you for the reminder to look at the opposite sign/house as well for clues. I often forget that. I have applied the advice you have given regarding Pluto & Aries/12th - Libra/6th without knowing that was what I was doing. "Pioneering" my own psyche is a life long journey I am fully involved in & I began volunteering as an advocacy counselor for a organization that assists survivors of domestic violence & sexual assault a few years ago - I have found that invaluable to my own personal well-being. What you have advised makes sense.

In the case of the Pluto transit through the 8th, that is good news as I feel as if I have spent most of the past 10 years either processing trauma or encountering new traumas. Interestingly, I was curious as to whether Pluto's transit into the 8th house had any bearing on a personal trauma and checked to see the transits for the day my mother died unexpectedly and it was just entering the 8th conjunct my natal moon. Hmm.

I see squares & oppositions as potentially being difficult but also as opportunities for growth & balance - the reason I was alarmed when looking at my transits wasn't fear so much as weariness & a concern for my ability to progress in my life in a healthy & balanced manner. My recent decision to withdraw from the University during the final quarter of a six year undertaking has me questioning my own ability to make wise & clear choices about my life. Although, as you mention when it is time to withdraw & meditate in silence & seclusion - it is best to do so rather than fighting it - my life has been marked by periods of withdrawal which I have accepted. Although when I am unable to follow through with material plans due to this tendency I can become concerned.

It is that concern which led me to this post as I rarely seek outside advice in these matters - and rarely share my chart with "general" public any longer also - but I have found it can be necessary for clarities sake.

Thank you for your advice & guidance, I do appreciate you sharing your time and knowledge.

RosieOne

Here are the basics so we are on the same page. Let me know of anything mentioned that shows up as a challenge for you.

Leo Sun and Sage Moon - so your personality is very Fire, inspiring, motivating, leaping and dancing, can burn too hot and burn out.

Here is Debra Silverman enacting the archetypes.

So your are Sage on the inside: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icbovUGDZ2g

Leo is how you express outwardly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrLv6CX1sIM

Since Saturn is conjunct your Sun also watch Capricorn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8bIK3bWgog

You incarnated in with the Gemini Rising tribe here to live the life of the communcator, networker, community organizer, messenger and HUB. With Jupiter in Taurus conjunct your Rising, people see you are a very BIG person, you have charisma, you are preceived as being rich.

Your career/calling is Aquarius, which means you need to follow that different drum you are hearing. No one will understand what you are up to until you manifest it. The IT is something no one has heard of yet, it is futuristic and new. Maybe has something to do with astrology, which is ruled by Aquarius. It may involve technology, or the web, or new inventions.

Uranus rules your Midheaven and is conjunct your NorthNode, so your Souls' agenda is the same as your calling, basically.

Read Elizabeth Spring on:

NN in Scorpio: http://northnodeastrology.blogspot.com/2008/02/scorpio-north-node-taurus-south-node.html

Also read NN in Aquarius because of Uranus being connunct your NN:http://northnodeastrology.blogspot.com/2008/02/aquarius-north-node.html

Here is Celestine on NN in 6th: http://www.truenode.org/north-node-by-house/north-node-in-6th-house/

Last edited:

RosieOne

One aspect you didn't mention is how Saturn in the sky is conjuncting, right on top of, your NN/Uranus conjunction.

What happened between age 28-30? Your Saturn Return and Saturn conjunct Sun?

I love the Debra Silverman videos! Challenges.. hmm.

The Sagittarius aspect of being over indulgent with food & pleasurable activities is definitely a challenge of mine. The rest of the qualities tend to be attributes and not challenges, philosophical, truth speaker with tact nowadays, do love to travel but tend to stay in one place now and deal with stuff as it comes up.

The Leo aspect, I guess I do tend to act in ways to gain favor from people, I feel hurt if people do not react to me nicely and I go out of my way to be polite for this reason, I can be extravagant with myself & others materially & emotionally but more in the way of food & pleasure than material items or vanity. I overextend myself I think that is a big challenge - because I have the potential and ability but not the resources.

The Capricorn aspect, the dourness of Saturn comes out in depression but the rest of it seems to be in my favor. I am practically minded (pragmatic mystic is one term I use) but tend towards emotional expression.

Gemini Rising/Jupiter Conjunct; is spot on, the expansive messenger. I write, I talk, I tend to have friends that are separate form one another with only me as their hub. One challenge I think may be my friends view me as being very self-sufficient, BIG, and I find that when I need support they aren't around. Not sure if that is this or not...

I haven't paid much attention yet to NN and the Aquarius calling Midheaven in my chart yet. Yes, people do project on me and no I do not enjoy it even when it is flattering, I do concern myself with my own view of myself, I am a humanitarian and am very interested in human rights - particularly in the domestic violence & sexual assault sphere - but also homelessness and spiritual spheres, I tend towards warm heartedness but often like to do it from farther away which can cause me to appear cold - too intelligent comes up, or rather that I think I am too smart while intelligence is important to me, it's just an accident of birth, I like to read & write - and the shadow aspect, yes, I do mean well but sometimes people do not take me the way I intended.

Scorpio NN, I am on a journey towards wholeness that has taken me to some very dark places (one of the reasons these transits concerned me, ready to be in the light), I'm not interested in material things or possessions, I tend to live by the belief that if I see something negative in someone else its something in me I need to look at, I do truth speak, but with tact, being lazy is a challenge... not concerned enough with material things and content to get by.

6th House NN; I have always been interested in spiritual matters but not normal ones - organized anything has never worked for me, I do need to exercise more discipline and manage my time better, I do like to spend time alone which can make my social anxiety more pronounced, I do not mind tasks, I do often feel let down by others but I view that as times when I should have the inner resources to support myself, I am insightful, and have developed healthy boundaries with others - but I am horrible about routine & discipline.

Sixth house work & service; I volunteer right now but I do not work, before I went back to school I tended to work in office positions but I always felt a natural calling to help people in their healing process - to the point where I would bring people in to my personal life & my home to help them (now I volunteer and do not do that anymore). I am going to go back to work in offices but am hoping to work in a nonprofit that is of service in some way (people, pets.. anything of service & humanitarian) - I decided I do not want to be paid for or committed to full time counseling - I do what I can when I can. I have thought throughout my life that I would have made a great nun or religious leader if I had ever found an organized one that suited me - instead I have my own path which is individual & eclectic.

Okay.. I hope that helps, and that I haven't written too much. I am on my way to bed but wanted to reply before the end of the day. I have much to think on. I'll look this over tomorrow and see if I can make it a bit simpler if you haven't looked at it yet. Again thank you so much for your time, I really appreciate it.....

Last edited:

RosieOne

Before I respond to your every challenge, I wish to point out to you and the audience of astrology students how Fire/Air you are in your response. Many "clients" respond with "Don't know. You tell me." That is the more deep waters and heavy earth response.

At the heart of astrology practice, using astrology to improve our lives, is the idea that BALANCE IS GOOD. There are so many advantages to being a Firery, smart and articulate person. Your enthusiam is totally contagious. Your desire to understand and learn astrology is epic.

Which is also to say, that were I a Leo Sun/Sage Moon here to star in a Gem-Am-I style movie - I too would be excited. That is very delightful.

But GROUNDING is needed to slow down, and get clear goals, and map the route, and for feeling stable and committed and substantive.

Luckily for you, and all beings, we all have everything within! Some of us simply have to go searching for it, we must work it. Notice how two Earth signs are intercepted, in the 12th House and 5th. But the intercepted Virgo in the 5th has Mercury and Mars in it. Capricorn 9th House.

Your spiritual practice (9th and 12th House) grounds you this life. And your 5th House of fun, children, your inner child, self expression, fun and performance art, and fun and parties, and love affairs and fun - grounds you and involves your archetypes, your mind and vim and vigor live here.

RosieOne

The Sagittarius aspect of being over indulgent with food & pleasurable activities is definitely a challenge of mine. The rest of the qualities tend to be attributes and not challenges, philosophical, truth speaker with tact nowadays, do love to travel but tend to stay in one place now and deal with stuff as it comes up.

Sage is ruled by Jupiter which is conjunct the Rising. This can mean having a big body. Worth it to work hard on this meaning that you simply have a big aura. Accessing your Earth will assist you in this.

The Leo aspect, I guess I do tend to act in ways to gain favor from people, I feel hurt if people do not react to me nicely and I go out of my way to be polite for this reason, I can be extravagant with myself & others materially & emotionally but more in the way of food & pleasure than material items or vanity. I overextend myself I think that is a big challenge - because I have the potential and ability but not the resources.

Leos are wonderful. Divas in all the great ways we adore. All you have to do is keep your heart open. Surround yourself with people who shine brightly and appreciate them. Don't turn down your light to make others feel brighter. Rather help them self express.

Self pity must be limited. One hour pity parties only. Then jump back in there and SHINE.

The Capricorn aspect, the dourness of Saturn comes out in depression but the rest of it seems to be in my favor. I am practically minded (pragmatic mystic is one term I use) but tend towards emotional expression.

Yes! I forgot to mention your Saturn in my previous post! Yay! It grounds you. Having our illusions and fantasies deflated is depressing BUT having our dreams really manifest in concrete reality is REAL satisfaction! Don't resist Saturn energy. It is a great blessing for you.

Gemini Rising/Jupiter Conjunct; is spot on, the expansive messenger. I write, I talk, I tend to have friends that are separate form one another with only me as their hub.

This is great. You are not resisting your Rising, a common problem. Expansive messenger! I like that!

One challenge I think may be my friends view me as being very self-sufficient, BIG, and I find that when I need support they aren't around. Not sure if that is this or not...

With Gemini Rising you have all sorts of friends and connections. Look for emotional support in the realms of your Water Houses. Connect with your Watery friends.

The whole rest of your post is very deep and wide and accurate astrologically speaking.

To access your Midheaven/calling start by simply wearing Aquarian symbols or colors or gems. Wear rainbows, or purple, T Shirts with pithy statements. Stand on a box at a party and simply rap. See what you say. Or use the internet, I'm sure you do. Start given astrology readings. Just think of expressing the Aquarian archetype in public so that people you don't know can see it.