Astrology and Physical Beauty

muchacho

What would would indicate physical beauty in the natal chart (aspects, angles, placements)? There are other threads on this, and various articles, but no clear consensus.
I am currently doing some research on that. So far it looks like ASC ruler by sign and face/decan having major essential dignity is the common denominator for beauty. You can actually do a pretty accurate ranking just based on these two factors. Fascinating stuff.

Starr22

I have been trying to figure out this for myself for a while. I have Venus and Neptune within a degree of my ascendent In Aquarius , trine my moon. I was kind of the odd one out in my family in appearance, a lot of my physical characteristics aren’t present in either of my parents, but passed generations. I have large black/brown eyes with hooded eyelids, high cheek bones, tall slender build, fine straight brown hair.
But I also have mercury, Uranus, and the sun in my first house as well. Uranus being my asc ruler I really think it adds this strange beauty. Tall and clumsy, I have a lot of asymmetrical features, like 2 different earlobes and 1 dimple.
I feel like every planet adds a different touch

Januarystorm

Next is Hedy Lamarr:

hedy_lamar.gif

o_HEDY_LAMARR_FOTO_570.jpg

This one is complicated. Venus is retrograde, doesn't make any aspects to the chart ruler or ASC, it is not in its own sign or exalted, and does not rule any angles in the chart. The only thing I see is a square to the midheaven. However, she is clearly stunning, and quite similar to Vivien Leigh above. Interesting that both have Venus in sixth. (Note: the birth data should be accurate, she has an AA rodden rating on astro.com) So I'm curious what factors beyond venus contribute to her stunning looks?

this one isnt complicated at all, a retrograde venus is one of THE biggest indicators of physical beauty due to venus being EVEN closer to the earth, the sun doesnt stand in between venus and earth in this case and this means venus is giving her energy in a pure unfiltered direct way- these people are double charged with venusian energy and are very very attractive, the other effect of venus retrograde is that even though they are physically beautiful, they usually do not see themselves this way until later in life and there is an very big insecurity regarding their appearance paradoxically

also for hedy lamarr i checked out her chart, well not only does she have venus retrograde making her beatiful but she has three personal planets in scorpio- venus is important for beauty- but mars certainly has just as big of an effect, venus rules the face but mars rules the entire body, the muscles, the build, the physique- mars is also a significator of beauty and she has mars in scorpio, making him also very strong and giving her the best of the scorpio features- it gives a raw kind of beauty- intense, sultry, sexually charged etc etc

Last edited:

Irisiel

My Venus is conjunct Mars in Cancer near my MC. Sun conjunct Pluto in the 12th, the ASC in the 3rd decan of Virgo. Empty 1st House.

I have harsh aspects, but Venus is good, and Neptune trine Venus, trine or sextile most of my Planets.

I heard Apollo and Aphrodite on the ASC meant something --and bam! Found out Aphrodite was RIGHT ON my ASC! :andy:

I'm not gorgeous but do have the bone structure/symmetry. I've been told my face is fascinating; always wondered why some people used to stare. Hm.

Januarystorm

My Venus is conjunct Mars in Cancer near my MC. Sun conjunct Pluto in the 12th, the ASC in the 3rd decan of Virgo. Empty 1st House.

I have harsh aspects, but Venus is good, and Neptune trine Venus, trine or sextile most of my Planets.

I heard Apollo and Aphrodite on the ASC meant something --and bam! Found out Aphrodite was RIGHT ON my ASC! :andy:

I'm not gorgeous but do have the bone structure/symmetry. I've been told my face is fascinating; always wondered why some people used to stare. Hm.

venus trine neptune is a beautiful aspect and would make people fascinated by you and stare...i think people that have venus trine neptune are magical:love: its like being a muse or source of inspiration

are you creative?

Irisiel

venus trine neptune is a beautiful aspect and would make people fascinated by you and stare...i think people that have venus trine neptune are magical:love: its like being a muse or source of inspiration

are you creative?
:happy: I'm a writer! And an artist...And have an active imagination--well, a Grand Water Trine if you count Chiron, and some do.

But I only realized this was in my chart late in life, though my childhood showed it perfectly. I've come full circle, after a long run through the logical, mundane rat race of ambition and responsibilities.

Now I'm learning to meditate and even some psychic stuff! :happy: Which also makes my 12th House stellium happy.

How's your Neptune in your chart?

Januarystorm

:happy: I'm a writer! And an artist...And have an active imagination--well, a Grand Water Trine if you count Chiron, and some do.

But I only realized this was in my chart late in life, though my childhood showed it perfectly. I've come full circle, after a long run through the logical, mundane rat race of ambition and responsibilities.

Now I'm learning to meditate and even some psychic stuff! :happy: Which also makes my 12th House stellium happy.

How's your Neptune in your chart?

hmmm i dont know i dont see it as doing much, im a capricorn stellium child, so i have the sun, mercury, saturn, uranus AND neptune in capricorn, all within 12 degrees - from 6 to 18 cap, in the second house

now the second house does rule appearance and yo face but because there are literally ten thousand planets there so who knows what neptune does i for one have no clue:sideways::sideways:

i have mars on the ascendant though i think that determines most of how i look,

as far as my venus it sextiles the ascendant and semi-sextiles uranus

uranus semi-sextiles the ascendant too

moon and jupiter oppose my ascendant but im still figuring out how oppositions work in terms of appearance

Last edited:

Irisiel

now the second house does rule appearance and yo face but because there are literally ten thousand planets there so who knows what neptune does i for one have no clue:sideways::sideways:

Really...? My only planet in the 2nd is Neptune.

Well, I hear the DSC is what you look for in others. Since your ASC is what people see in you. Your Part of Fortune is all of you--in its luckiest place in the chart. Perhaps it's also what those closest to you see when they look at you.

sinhtheslumberingdragon

this one isnt complicated at all, a retrograde venus is one of THE biggest indicators of physical beauty due to venus being EVEN closer to the earth, the sun doesnt stand in between venus and earth in this case and this means venus is giving her energy in a pure unfiltered direct way- these people are double charged with venusian energy and are very very attractive, the other effect of venus retrograde is that even though they are physically beautiful, they usually do not see themselves this way until later in life and there is an very big insecurity regarding their appearance paradoxically

also for hedy lamarr i checked out her chart, well not only does she have venus retrograde making her beatiful but she has three personal planets in scorpio- venus is important for beauty- but mars certainly has just as big of an effect, venus rules the face but mars rules the entire body, the muscles, the build, the physique- mars is also a significator of beauty and she has mars in scorpio, making him also very strong and giving her the best of the scorpio features- it gives a raw kind of beauty- intense, sultry, sexually charged etc etc

How do you see a Venus retro in the 12th house for beauty?

Januarystorm

How do you see a Venus retro in the 12th house for beauty?

what sign? a retrograde venus in the 12th- lets not forget its the original house of exaltation for venus, i think this person has a very very very magnetic, otherworldly, dreamy, different kind of beauty- i would have to know the sign but this can signify doll-like, delicate features- very refined

also this person probably has pretty feet lol since the 12th rules feet and venus rules beauty, and they probably like to dance too and they usually are good at it- again, must know sign and if there are other planets with venus

if its a venus in libra, taurus, pisces, leo, capricorn, aquarius or cancer- everything i said and even more prettier

perhaps dialed down a bit if its a venus in virgo, gemini, aries, scorpio or sag- but still kickin it due to being retrograde

ricca91

Mmmh... I don't think physical attractiveness can be attributed to single aspects and I also think that Venus/ASC aspects are more related to soft, feminine and rounded features than physical beauty.

I think Saturn and Mars are the most involved with sexiness. Saturn gives symmetrical features, which are scientifically demonstrated to be attractive. Mars gives the sexiness and the exuding of sexual vibes.

The thing is, Saturn people are less showy of their sexiness/beauty due to self-esteem issues, while Venus people tend to be more show-offish and possible "enhance" their body with make-up, nice clothes, body care, etc.

I consider myself to be mildly to moderately attractive, although first I had to overcome serious self-consciousness issues, through all my adolescence and early adulthood I considered myself repulsive.

However, I tend to be clumsy which could be considered cute or weird depending on the person involved.

I attach a picture of myself and my birth chart.

Attachments

• BC.jpg
    BC.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 48
  • PC.jpg
    PC.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

garyho

well I have it all - Aqarius ris-ing - with Uranus in libra with venus square uranus - I have a sun aspect to venus - a venus north node - venus aspect to mercury - I have a Venus trine MC - Neptune conjuct the Mid heaven - I have venus trine neptune - I have venus aspects to chiron - I also have a venus mars aspect.....I have strong uranus and saturn trines....am I good looking? I've been told so.