Does Leo just not get enough credit for having a dark side?

The19thLaw

I feel like of all the signs, Leos are the embodiment of an Emperor Palpatine type that will seem loving and harmless on the surface but then plot behind closed doors. It seems like a Leo is actually really good and creative at torturing people and making life hell for them once they are over the edge.

Unlike fellow fire signs, I think they are keen a holding grudges and can often outwit most other signs outside of the earth signs.

chiamaria

There could be something to it. Pluto is apparently exalted in Leo, so that may indicate that Leo knows instinctively how to navigate the plutonian arena, even if it is known to be a sunny and warm sign. King of the jungle takes on a new meaning, and jungles are not exactly safe and fluffy places.

Last edited:

Harmelia

All the signs have positive and negative qualities. A person with Leo planets can go either way. Most of us partake in both positive and negative qualities present in our charts. I personally do not see any sign as all positive or negative.

The19thLaw

There could be something to it. Pluto is apparently exalted in Leo, so that may indicate that Leo knows instinctively how to navigate the plutonian arena, even if it is known to be a sunny and warm sign. King of the jungle takes on a new meaning, and jungles are not exactly safe and fluffy places.

I have heard Pluto is exalted in Leo but could never really confirm it.

In my experience, this is not true. What rings more true is that Leo is a wealth of positive energy but if you **** them off enough, you don't get any of it any longer. It's not revenge, it's just you don't bask in the glow of Leo love any longer. They are fundamentally generous with their affection, but when you get cut off, you are cut off hard and for good.

obsidianmineral

I feel like of all the signs, Leos are the embodiment of an Emperor Palpatine type that will seem loving and harmless on the surface but then plot behind closed doors. It seems like a Leo is actually really good and creative at torturing people and making life hell for them once they are over the edge.

Unlike fellow fire signs, I think they are keen a holding grudges and can often outwit most other signs outside of the earth signs.

That emperor palpatine thing made me laugh! :biggrin:

I think it depends on the condition of the Sun and aspects it makes. I've met a couple of Leos, and, in my personal experience, most are arrogant, fake, pretentious, pedantic and manipulative to a certain degree. That's just how it's been for me. I'm an Aries myself, and other Aries seem to be quieter, but more determined in a way. Leos just want all the attention, man.

obsidianmineral

In my experience, this is not true. What rings more true is that Leo is a wealth of positive energy but if you **** them off enough, you don't get any of it any longer. It's not revenge, it's just you don't bask in the glow of Leo love any longer. They are fundamentally generous with their affection, but when you get cut off, you are cut off hard and for good.

Are you a Leo yourself? My experience couldn't be more different with Leos. I only know one Leo that's authentic and noble.

Are you a Leo yourself? My experience couldn't be more different with Leos. I only know one Leo that's authentic and noble.

Nope, but my mother, grandfather, aunt, husband, and grandmother (on the other side) are/were all Leos. I have no Leo in my chart, lol. Oh, and also a cousin. And a niece. Anyway, my family is packed with them, is what I am saying.

Last edited:

Harmelia

That emperor palpatine thing made me laugh! :biggrin:

I think it depends on the condition of the Sun and aspects it makes. I've met a couple of Leos, and, in my personal experience, most are arrogant, fake, pretentious, pedantic and manipulative to a certain degree. That's just how it's been for me. I'm an Aries myself, and other Aries seem to be quieter, but more determined in a way. Leos just want all the attention, man.

I have encountered all types of Leo personalities. Some are indeed arrogant. But I have also found that sometimes people have a Leo Sun, Moon or ASC because they are learning to be more confident. When I first got into astrology a long time ago, I was surprised to meet Leos who definitely lacked a strong ego and confidence. In fact, sometimes I think people are arrogant because they lack confidence. It comes from feeling inferior that they act in a superior manner. So, yes, it depends on the whole chart. I've come to think that the Sun Sign is the energy we need to fulfill our purpose. So if we need more Leo to get the Soul's goals done, we get a Leo Sun. I have an Aries sun and I definitely feel like I've needed the courage of Aries to get the job done.

chiamaria

This is actually quite an accurate summary of Leos. We are quite warm but if someone's a jerk we tend to go along the lines of "Hey what the heck?! Get out of my kingdom!". The vast majority of Leos I met have been quite humble with a few bad apples in between. I know, it sounds bizarre as Leo is known to be attention seeking but imo it's not so much with the sun placement, and it makes sense because the sun is in its dignity here and so knows how to navigate Leo waters well. I find that the ones that tend to be more arrogant and boastful are those who have Leo ascendants, whether or not they are Leo suns. Maybe to a lesser extent Leo moon too. I HAVE, however, noticed this arrogance and boastfulness in a few Aquarians to the point of insufferableness.

The19thLaw

I think people are on the right path here saying that Leos just disengage and you don't get that privilege but I think that is not the total story. In my experience and view, I think Leos do definitely go after someone but in such a subtle and calculated way that the person feels it. In other words, they might not punch someone in the face or scheme their downfall all day but they will slowly find strategic ways to take the person down.

One way is do research on their enemies and when that person is at their weakest, supply the enemy with ammunition to get even. Another way is to constantly hype up the enemy as the prime leader and put the enemy of that hated person in power or a favorable position.

I think Leos do remember but the way they take action is very calculated and strategic to make themselves appear as the good guy.