Do women year for status and wealth in a man?

wan

This is the part you don't seem to comprehend, which is that if you are looking for something beyond his good looks (in this case a job), by definition, you are looking for something else aside from looks. This means your attraction to a man is not solely based on looks.

Is that so hard to understand?

Of course not. But I have never said it was SOLELY based on looks. I said that women value good looks to a greater extent than we previously thought. Stop attributing arguments to me that I did not say.

As I asked before: would you date a homeless man? you answered no.

So clearly - there is something else. Perhaps you just dislike the term "wealth" because to you it means vast amount of money, despite the fact that wealth just means "resources. Fine lets use another term.

How would you like to define "having a job" in regards to quality?

Yes, let's do away with "wealth", and instead use a term that I truly meant and should have used: being rich. My thesis is that being rich by itself is very likely insufficient to arouse genuine feelings of attraction in a female. And furthermore, when us gals here said we want a guy who has a job, it's not because we are turned on by him being rich. In most cases, he won't be rich. He is probably just a good looking charmer with an ok job.

I hope this clears things up.

Because women are attracted to a combination of things. Of course they are looking for good looks, and of course they want someone they can have an interesting conversation with, but they also look for security, and they also look for status.

Each individual women usually wants one of these 4 attributes as a priority over the rest, something which varies from women to women and their individual situation.

For example: a hard working succesful woman will never date an unemployed lazy man, doesn't matter how good looking he might be, she just feels he is beneath her. This does not mean she isn't interested in good looks. In fact she probably wants a good looking guy. But she wants a good looking guy who is doing something with his life.

In contrast a women who is older, well established, and way past her prime may look for personality (as multiple's mother) or good looks - and don't care about money.

It really depends on the woman's individual situation.

However all of them look for a combination of these attributes. Even you.
I don't disagree with you. And I just want to make it clear that I do not mean that women are only turned on by good looks/charm. And yes, almost all women look for a combination of things in a man.

wan

No, I'm actually quite good looking, I also have a succesful job and know how to talk to women. I was succesful with women when I was young and I didn't have any money (at that age romance is solely based on looks), and I'm succersful with woman now in my early 30's that I do have money and a good job.

Can I see a picture of you? Are you white?

Its just that your perception of the world is wrong. You are the type of girl who falls in love with a guy over the internet, uproots her life, only to find out the person was fake.
Well, it really wasn't my fault that he was so smooth. It was also not my fault that he catfished me. I guess you can say I was too naive/ingenuous.
Other girls take better decisions and apply some judgement to their romantic decisions. Of course all of them are interested in physical attraction, but most of them value a lot of other qualities in a man.
Agreed. And I am this way, too. This guy was not only charming, he genuinely was a good person with a good heart, or as far as I could tell. I did not merely fall for his charm. I really thought he was kind.
If you ever try to go out with an attractive lawyer or doctor, these are the type of women that usually have a lot of men competing for them - and you usually need more than just good looks to win them over. You do need game, and you do need wealth.

Why would they go out with a jobless hot guy when they can go out with a succesful hot guy?

Obviously women who are at the top of the dating scale, the very beautiful and succesful women can be choosy and select guys based on all the possible qualities. Other women have to settle for whatever they can find, and prioritize one of those qualities.
Can't argue with you there.

Dirius

Of course not. But I have never said it was SOLELY based on looks. I said that women value good looks to a greater extent than we previously thought. Stop attributing arguments to me that I did not say.

Yes, let's do away with "wealth", and instead use a term that I truly meant and should have used: being rich. My thesis is that being rich by itself is very likely insufficient to arouse genuine feelings of attraction in a female. And furthermore, when us gals here said we want a guy who has a job, it's not because we are turned on by him being rich. In most cases, he won't be rich. He is probably just a good looking charmer with an ok job.

Yes but rich is just a word to define "vast" amounts of wealth. Most women don't need that, and are happy with "some" amount of wealth. Others want a "minimal" amount of wealth.

But they all consider it. Truth is if a woman meets a guy who does nothing but play video games all day, they won't feel any attraction for him. Even if they find him hot, that attraction will soon vanish once all he can talk about if his hobbies.

Look I know plenty of girls who have rejected guys based on these things alone. It happens. And its not because they are cold-heart money grabbers, they just fin that a guy doing nothing with his life is unnattractive.

Dirius

Can I see a picture of you? Are you white?

Of course not. I'm not gonna give personal information about myself on my astrology persona, to someone over the internet.

I am ethnically european, italian mostly, with a mixture of spanish. However this is the dominant ethnicity in Argentina.

Well, it really wasn't my fault that he was so smooth. It was also not my fault that he catfished me. I guess you can say I was too naive/ingenuous.

Agreed. And I am this way, too. This guy was not only charming, he genuinely was a good person with a good heart, or as far as I could tell. I did not merely fall for his charm. I really thought he was kind.

Can't argue with you there.

I'm not blaming you, it can happen. But from there on, you'll probably be a bit more judgemental with guys in the future. Clearly from that experience to the next, your requirements in a guy have been updated - and now you'll probably focus on other particular qualities.

wan

I don't disagree. However, my main point is that being rich alone is not enough to make a woman fall for a guy. Do you agree?

Last edited:

wan

Of course not. I'm not gonna give personal information about myself on my astrology persona, to someone over the internet.

I am ethnically european, italian mostly, with a mixture of spanish. However this is the dominant ethnicity in Argentina.
Nice. Some Italians are really hot. My neighbor is Italian. She used to be my boss, too.

I'm not blaming you, it can happen.

Thanks for saying this. And I apologize if I insulted you earlier. I always lose my temper when I am arguing with people over the internet. I need to learn to be more professional like you are.

But from there on, you'll probably be a bit more judgemental with guys in the future. Clearly from that experience to the next, your requirements in a guy have been updated - and now you'll probably focus on other particular qualities.

Definitely. Now I won't consider guys 5 years older or younger than me (this guy was 9 years younger than me. This huge age difference really should have raised a big red flag, but I was blind). I also won't consider online/long distance dating anymore. These sorts of relationships simply don't work.

Dirius

I don't disagree. However, my main point is that being rich alone is not enough to make a woman fall for a guy. Do you agree?

Not all. I think its of great importance.

You are young. In college. can I presume most of the guys you meet are silly college pot-smoking hipster without a job?

Dirius

Nice. Some Italians are really hot. My neighbor is Italian. She used to be my boss, too.

Thanks for saying this. And I apologize if I insulted you earlier. I always lose my temper when I am arguing with people over the internet. I need to learn to be more professional like you are.

Definitely. Now I won't consider guys 5 years older or younger than me (this guy was 9 years younger than me. This huge age difference really should have raised a big red flag, but I was blind). I also won't consider online/long distance dating anymore. These sorts of relationships simply don't work.

I don't find it insulting its ok to question my motives, I also apologise if at times I'm offensive.

For the matter you also can't be sure whether I'm telling the truth or not, so its not like my motives matter at all to begin with, because you have no way to corroborate my staments.

Hkk

Account Closed
Love is in the air 💕 I did think all this was sexual frustration/chemistry

And now we feel the love and can see it blossom 😍

katydid

I was attracted to and fell in 'love' with a very rich man, when I was in my early 20's.

He owned the restaurant where I worked while I was in college. At first I was not physically attracted tio him, but he was intriguing and he used to flirt with me.

Soon I learned that he actually owned several restaurants, and had a private jet, a villa in Spain, a mansion in Malibu....and was unmarried. :love:

He would take me on impromptu trips in his jet, flew us to Hawaii one weekend, and stayed in a gorgeous home that his friend owned.

He was able to take me on gorgeous romantic getaways, and luxury shopping trips, and it was a turn on for sure. he became more physically attractive to me, even though he was in his mid 50's, because of his intelligence and wit and power.

I was in love with him after about 6 months of dating. We also had Venus conjunct Uranus, [his Venus]. and Uranus conjunct Asc in Taurus. [my Asc]

So we had an exhilarating, exciting, electric kind of interchange.

During our affair he was living in his high rise in San Francisco. After 6 months he was off to NYC to open a new business with his ex girlfriend. :pinched:

Being a student of astrology I totally understood. Uranus is exciting but not usually permanent or stable. He did call me a few times and offer to fly me out to NYC but I felt like our deal was done...

Just before my Saturn return I had a love at first sight experience. I fell head over heels for a very handsome Aries comedy writer, who was crashing on my friends couch and had no money whatsoever. :whistling:

But I saw that he was an ambitious go getter type person and he moved in with me. We were married 2 years later on my Saturn return, and that was 38 years ago.

We are happily in quarantine together as I type. I chose love over money, but I did my thing by studying his chart, and I was right that he had a lot of potential.

He made a very good living for us and we raised a nice family, with me being able to stay home as a mom, which I wanted to do. And I was able to do chart readings from home during those years.

In summary, I think women can 'fall in love' with someone because of their money/power/prestige because that alone can be sexy in a man. But I think it is sexy when someone is ambitious and intelligent and makes his fortune.

A little rich kid that inherits it and does nothing is not sexy at all, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Bunraku

Wow Katy that sorry is amazing and is #goals!!
Love it!! I’m so glad it worked out well for you and your life 💕