Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

david starling

No Malarkey got to people!

Since you presumably want a 2nd term for the current President, who do you hope the Dems will nominate to run in 2020? And, who do you hope they won't nominate?

Trump and Joe are both retro. Trump wants things like they were, way back when (MAGA, like in the 1950's).

Joe just wants things back like they were before Trump, which a lot of people are willing to settle for. :biggrin:

Dirius

Since you presumably want a 2nd term for the current President, who do you hope the Dems will nominate to run in 2020? And, who do you hope they won't nominate?

Trump and Joe are both retro. Trump wants things like they were, way back when (MAGA, like in the 1950's).

Joe just wants things back like they were before Trump, which a lot of people are willing to settle for. :biggrin:

My problem with Bernie as a candidate, leaving aside the fact that I disagree with every single one of his proposals, is that he doesn't really offer much. Whenever he gets asked a question about the "how" his policy would be implemented, he spins the subject to trash-talk either Bloomerg or Biden. He never actually answers the questions - because he is running on a slogan, not a plan.

He also lacks substance, because he is repeating talking points from the past which have proven to be wrong. He talks about the economy, while the economy under Trump has been doing really well. He talks about global warming, something which aside voters in their 20's or hollywood mega-stars, no one really cares about.

His campaign message is pretty much a bunch of promises to the young progressives in their 20's - hoping that by winning that demographic, the older more moderate democrats would end up voting for him just to oppose Trump, although most of them don't really tolerate Bernie and can easily notice in his message what I've just mentioned.

Biden is inept, Warren panders to identity politics. Bloomberg is like Biden, perhaps slightly more adequate, but highly unpopular. Truth is the only democrat who talked about a "plan" was Andrew Yang. But he is out. To be honest Yang was the only guy who was popular both with the young audience and the older crowd, because he was relatively young, ethnically diverse, moderate, respectful, and did lay out a structured plan. Both older moderates and young radicals would have been happy voting for him.

I do think Bernie will be the nominee, for the reasons I've stated. He can unify the younger, more credulous generation. And the rest will just defer to Bernie out of loyalty to the party or principles, or will just not vote. Lets not forget that Trump is actually rather popular with the moderate democrat. Sure some may not like him, but might end up voting for him, or on the very least, not voting against him.

Last edited:

Bunraku

Dirius your website is literally calling me obese. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Not cool

Attachments

• Dirius Website Offensive ads.jpg
    Dirius Website Offensive ads.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 27

david starling

Biden appears to be best simply for winning the Electoral vote against Trump. The V.P. does sometimes matter though, and Biden's said to be considering a woman for his running mate.

Dirius

Biden appears to be best simply for winning the Electoral vote against Trump. The V.P. does sometimes matter though, and Biden's said to be considering a woman for his running mate.

Yes it would seem Warren will be his VP.

But I don't think Biden can win. The young people don't like him. Seems too false for them.

leomoon

Exactly. To be honest the democratic field is quite weak on this election.

The only reason they are this weak, is because most live in the outdated Capitalistic system imo - that they "hope upon hope, i.e. Djt comes along) will propel them into some sort of middle ground.

The middle ground is gone. We need to rebuild from the destruction that Tr Pluto over the U.S.A. 2nd house will demand from us. The only question I have, is will I live to see it, or will it have to be 2 more generations?

The "Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave" is always fearful of almost anything. That's why Trump's nonsense took hold so well. Fear for the little people, Greed for the largesse of the people.

To change this self-destruction will take bravery which I don't see in either political party of much import, only in the younger generation who hasn't become so very brainwashed as of yet. Given time, like in the 60s, they will.

Hippies turning into Yuppies...and working the markets.

Remember, Pluto must destroy and tear down before it can transform and rebuild.

leomoon