Is this a good match?

moonmoney

Hello, just want to see if this seems like a good match from a synastry standpoint. I see several important-looking aspects, most notably a bunch of trines and oppositions. Same asc. I'm Cancer, partner is Cap. His moon is conjunct my ascendant, his Jupiter is hanging out there too opposite mine. As far as I can tell, these aspects seem promising long-term, but I wanted to know what a more experienced astrologer thinks. Please feel free to re-cast in your chosen format.

Attachments

• jm.jpg
    jm.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 24

kimbermoon

As a Cancer myself who has been in long term relationship with a Capricorn Man, I can offer a few tips.

The Cancer has strong emotional needs that seeks ready expression, which can sometimes be rather overbearing for the more emotionally restrained Capricorn; we have significant differences of emotional orientation. Of itself this can cause problems unless compromises and adaptations can be made by both. He may seem more needy at times than you feel appropriate while you can become quite impatient with such neediness, as Capricorn honours their own integrity; they have difficulty understanding that the water Sun tends to seek validation through emotional interchange. It is just an inborn trait.

For you in particular, your sense of Identity may be less stable,
due to the Sun/Neptune conjunct, which squares his Moon which can contribute to misunderstandings.
he may tend to wear his heart on his sleeve while you prefer to attempt to hide your own vulnerability or sensitivity.

This combination represents the classic domestic model between the protector/provider and the caretaker, only in reverse. Since he has an affliction between Sun and Pluto, he can still come across at times as being in more aggressive by using emotions to manipulate, and may also be prone to
obsessiveness or control issues to offset his inner vulnerabilities. You both need to have a clear understanding of your roles in the partnership in order to maintain some semblance of order and harmony. It may require more give and take than seems 'normal' but that is part of the karmic dynamic.

His Mars opposing your Venus could also be problematic as his desires and motivations may serve to clash with your expectations, ideals
and belief system. We could discuss more if interested.