Should I apply for the internship or continue searching for a 'real' job?

Januarystorm

I am currently searching for a new job, i finished my masters degree and now the time has come to finally start a job that i actually want to make a career in- a serious job so to say. (instead of the jobs i had during college that were just for making some extra money and had nothing to do with the field i am interested in)

so the plan was always to work in the government or at a non-profit organisation- and yes there are plenty of jobs at both and i am applying- but i have yet to say that i found something that feels like it is something for me- and feels like the right choice. and the jobs i really really would like to do- are obviously something you have to have some prior experience for- something i dont have- so i cant apply for those jobs because i would not know what to do- so i need to find a position that is in my capacities- and then work myself up from that- learning as i go- which isnt really a big problem- i just dont want to do a job i am not really really passionate about- but its fine because i know that im doing it to further my career but still it is a little unsettling

so then- whilst browsing for these jobs, i came across a low-paid internship at a government organisation- they last from the 1st of May until the 1st of November 2018 (so 6 months) and it is EXACTLY what i want- it would put me in the exact department i want to end up in- and its not a job- its an internship- so you literally learn the skills/make the right contacts/make an impression whilst actually practicing the work- it pays really really little- like almost nothing- BUT- you have such a high chance of being hired after that- and already you have so much experience and you have had the chance to make an impression on the people that very well could after that be so impressed by you- they hire you- and than your in- its not always a fact this happens- but the chance increases by ten thousand percent.

so i sent an email to the admissions department asking if i could apply- because of course im not in college anymore so would this internship even apply for me. explained my background, my prior education and my fields of research on my masters- and they replied to me- saying they are very very interested in me, and urged me to apply for the internship- saying i fully qualified.

so now i dont know what to do- should i apply for the internship? or should i keep looking for a real job. so thats the question. (chart will be attached)

so i am venus- at the 28th degree (my age exactly lol) she is in taurus at home (which i am) and she is about to go in to gemini- the internship i want to take- has everything to do with communication- it is a mercurial position- i dont think it can get ANY more gemini/mercurial as this- so could this signify to take the internship? because venus is literally moving in to the sign of communication (the internship literally is called "communication for xxxx department"-

so the second thing that pops out- is the moon-north node conjunction in the 10th house- and the moon is ruling the 10th-so that makes me think its a no for the internship because 10th house rules work work- not internships right? but then the moon is in leo- the sign original 5th house- which would point to an internship?

the ruler of the internship is im guessing mercury (as he signifies the position) and he was just trined by that moon in the 10th- whilst being in the 6th house of work- and the 6th house cusp is pisces ruled by jupiter- the planet of education (im guessing internships qualify as a educational event) and he is sitting in the 2nd house of earnings-all things pointing to the internship?

but then the south node in the 5th- the moon in the 10th- conjuncting the north node- im guessing meaning that its double as important- kind of also point to a real job and not an internship

i dont know- maybe by own indecision is clouding my ability to understand the chart

am hoping someone can help- what do you think? thank you so much in advance:kissing:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 19.14.43.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 19.14.43.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 19.14.42.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 19.14.42.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 17

muchacho

I am currently searching for a new job, i finished my masters degree and now the time has come to finally start a job that i actually want to make a career in- a serious job so to say. (instead of the jobs i had during college that were just for making some extra money and had nothing to do with the field i am interested in)

so the plan was always to work in the government or at a non-profit organisation- and yes there are plenty of jobs at both and i am applying- but i have yet to say that i found something that feels like it is something for me- and feels like the right choice. and the jobs i really really would like to do- are obviously something you have to have some prior experience for- something i dont have- so i cant apply for those jobs because i would not know what to do- so i need to find a position that is in my capacities- and then work myself up from that- learning as i go- which isnt really a big problem- i just dont want to do a job i am not really really passionate about- but its fine because i know that im doing it to further my career but still it is a little unsettling

so then- whilst browsing for these jobs, i came across a low-paid internship at a government organisation- they last from the 1st of May until the 1st of November 2018 (so 6 months) and it is EXACTLY what i want- it would put me in the exact department i want to end up in- and its not a job- its an internship- so you literally learn the skills/make the right contacts/make an impression whilst actually practicing the work- it pays really really little- like almost nothing- BUT- you have such a high chance of being hired after that- and already you have so much experience and you have had the chance to make an impression on the people that very well could after that be so impressed by you- they hire you- and than your in- its not always a fact this happens- but the chance increases by ten thousand percent.

so i sent an email to the admissions department asking if i could apply- because of course im not in college anymore so would this internship even apply for me. explained my background, my prior education and my fields of research on my masters- and they replied to me- saying they are very very interested in me, and urged me to apply for the internship- saying i fully qualified.

so now i dont know what to do- should i apply for the internship? or should i keep looking for a real job. so thats the question. (chart will be attached)

so i am venus- at the 28th degree (my age exactly lol) she is in taurus at home (which i am) and she is about to go in to gemini- the internship i want to take- has everything to do with communication- it is a mercurial position- i dont think it can get ANY more gemini/mercurial as this- so could this signify to take the internship? because venus is literally moving in to the sign of communication (the internship literally is called "communication for xxxx department"-

so the second thing that pops out- is the moon-north node conjunction in the 10th house- and the moon is ruling the 10th-so that makes me think its a no for the internship because 10th house rules work work- not internships right? but then the moon is in leo- the sign original 5th house- which would point to an internship?

the ruler of the internship is im guessing mercury (as he signifies the position) and he was just trined by that moon in the 10th- whilst being in the 6th house of work- and the 6th house cusp is pisces ruled by jupiter- the planet of education (im guessing internships qualify as a educational event) and he is sitting in the 2nd house of earnings-all things pointing to the internship?

but then the south node in the 5th- the moon in the 10th- conjuncting the north node- im guessing meaning that its double as important- kind of also point to a real job and not an internship

i dont know- maybe by own indecision is clouding my ability to understand the chart

am hoping someone can help- what do you think? thank you so much in advance:kissing:
Internship should be H10.

conspiracy theorist

10th house houses the Moon, which indicates the basis of the horary chart - career aspirations. NN located in the 10th augurs well for the question.

The 10th house Moon's next aspect is to a 2nd house Jupiter, which rules the 3rd and 6th house - communications (3rd) internship (6th?). We'll see how it pans out for you. All profession houses as well as the communication house are implicated with the perfecting of this aspect, which points to a positive outcome to the question, in my view.

conspiracy theorist

The thing to bare in mind though, is the receptions as well as the fact that the meeting would be precipitated by way of a square aspect. They receive you well, while it is the opposite with you. This might be a case of be careful what you wish for.

Januarystorm

The thing to bare in mind though, is the receptions as well as the fact that the meeting would be precipitated by way of a square aspect. They receive you well, while it is the opposite with you. This might be a case of be careful what you wish for.

thank you so much for your opinion, could this perhaps mean that- me doing the internship (which is obviously for bachelor students- not for someone already with a masters degree) could signify l that i could do a lot of good work there- which would of course help them- but at the same time i would receive 500 euros for a 40 hour workweek for 6 months....which is way way way below the minimum wage- its even less than my student-finance per month was... so i would be overqualified working 40 hours a week for a salary that does not even cover my rent for one month...so i would have to cut way way back on everything else so i can do it- and than its not even for sure for sure i would get hired after those six months- its just a good shot at it

hmmm

im beginning to think its maybe better to look for a real job then

muchacho

That's exactly what it looks like. L1 in exaltation of L10 - the job may not live up to your expectations, you may be exaggerating certain beneficial aspects. But it's still a good job. Just not as good as you think it is. Also, L10 in fall of Mars (L2) - they hate to pay you. L1 in detriment of L2 - you don't like the money component at all.

Januarystorm

That's exactly what it looks like. L1 in exaltation of L10 - the job may not live up to your expectations, you may be exaggerating certain beneficial aspects. But it's still a good job. Just not as good as you think it is. Also, L10 in fall of Mars (L2) - they hate to pay you. L1 in detriment of L2 - you don't like the money component at all.

im sooooo envious of youuu for thissss- the whole 'this lord exalts that lord or detriments that lord"- i want to be able to do this too-i dont know why this is so hard for me to grasp- i know about the signs and their rulerships and exaltations and where they fall- but for some reason looking at the houses and seeing that a planet exalts that lord is like me doing quantum physics in chinese

but yeah- your observation is totally on point- the money issue IS the biggest thing- if it was just a little bit more- i dont need millions- but at least to cover my rent+groceries+internet etc. just the basics- i would not even think about it

and about the fact that it may not live up to my expectations or that i am exaggerating certain beneficial aspects- well this is something really profound you bring up- as i said- i dont know FOR SURE that i would get a job there after the internship, its not a definite 100 percent fact - its just i know that this does tend to happen- and that it gets easier to get in after an internship, and it gives you the right contacts and so on- but its never something you can confidently assume- so i may be thinking this is my golden ticket to get in- but eventually it might very well just start and end at the internship and i wont get an offer at all- who knows? its a risk- although i would always have the experience- and of course the added knowledge as an advantage....its just, and i say this in the most respectful way, i am sick of learning and if i see another book or homework or whatever im going to throw up- ive been in school all my life i have had it- i know im not einstein here but enough is enough already:sick::sick::sick:

Last edited:

muchacho

im sooooo envious of youuu for thissss- the whole 'this lord exalts that lord or detriments that lord"- i want to be able to do this too-i dont know why this is so hard for me to grasp- i know about the signs and their rulerships and exaltations and where they fall- but for some reason looking at the houses and seeing that a planet exalts that lord is like me doing quantum physics in chinese

but yeah- your observation is totally on point- the money issue IS the biggest thing- if it was just a little bit more- i dont need millions- but at least to cover my rent+groceries+internet etc. just the basics- i would not even think about it

and about the fact that it may not live up to my expectations or that i am exaggerating certain beneficial aspects- well this is something really profound you bring up- as i said- i dont know FOR SURE that i would get a job there after the internship, its not a definite 100 percent fact - its just i know that this does tend to happen- and that it gets easier to get in after an internship, and it gives you the right contacts and so on- but its never something you can confidently assume- so i may be thinking this is my golden ticket to get in- but eventually it might very well just start and end at the internship and i wont get an offer at all- who knows? its a risk- although i would always have the experience- and of course the added knowledge as an advantage....its just, and i say this in the most respectful way, i am sick of learning and if i see another book or homework or whatever im going to throw up- ive been in school all my life i have had it- i know im not einstein here but enough is enough already:sick::sick::sick:
Haha, that's funny. It's really simple, actually. I've got that from Frawley and it works really well. You look at dignities and just put them on a scale of like/dislike. So it basically looks like this:

• exaltation: putting things on a pedestal, exaggerating
  • own sign: seeing things for what they are and liking it, love
  • triplicity: being comfortable with things and liking it, friendship
  • term: having a positive interest
  • face: having a minor positive interest
  • peregrine: indifference
  • detriment: strong dislike, hating
  • fall: exaggerated dislike, loathing

Now, in the beginning, it may sound a little silly to think like 'Venus hates Mars but has some interest in Jupiter and adores Saturn' but it tends to captures the essence of what's going on rather accurately if you translate it according to the context of the question. And very often you can take this literally.

Yes, lots of unknowns, of course. And your L1 is changing signs shortly, so you will be in a new situation very soon. With different dignities and therefore different intentions and interests. So, it probably doesn't really matter if you go for the internship or not.

If you think in terms of golden ticket, then you limit your options. It's not a nice position to be in, to only have one shot that you have to make count. Rather think of it as whatever you do as temporary only on your way to something better and better instead of having to find the job or career that you will do for the rest of your life. That will give you a more relaxed attitude, which is also more realistic. People evolve, grow and change their perspectives. That's normal. So if you think you are finally at the dock and are about to miss your one and only ship that will get you to the promised land, then that's lackful thinking. In reality, there will be another ship. And after that one another and so on. If you can't really decide, then just pick one option. There will always be unknowns.

Which reminds me of Donald Rumsfeld, he once said that there are known knowns, known unknowns, unknown knows and unknown unknowns. The known knowns are things and facts you are already familiar with. The known unknowns are things and facts you already know you need some update on. The unknown knowns are things and facts that you already know but you are just not aware of it. And the unknown unknowns are things and facts you are not even aware of right now and that you don't know anything about.

So, I'd say instead of losing your mind over known unknowns or unknown unknowns, just focus on the known knowns and unknown knows and the rest will take care of itself, especially the unknown unknowns. So get clear about your actual talents and what you really like and what gives you a sense of purpose and the feeling of being fully alive. Your natal chart should be of great help here. Horary probably not so much. The focus should be on moving towards what you like instead of moving away from what you don't like (as it probably is the case right now).

Last edited:

besitos

glancing at what others have posted, seems like a go.. and it reminds me when i posted about a job once that i was warned that it might not turn out to be that great and i experienced that, it is getting better though.. and i consider it still a positive thing even though there are negatives and i am looking for another job now, but its not the worst thing to stay at this job.

anyway i think you should, you have to work in a field to see if it is for you and if you have a more than average odds to get hired at the end it is a good gamble. I am not sure what the benefit is for looking for another job because the internship is what you (think) you want to do - you can make it work if it is paid -- some/many internships are not paid -- and at this point you're just applying anyway - maximum freedom of choice in this situation~ you could also leverage their interest in you asking for less hours to work for free or less, freeing you to work full time at better pay somewhere else - or ask for more pay. i wouldn't recommend that just yet though :)

perhaps you are having doubts because you really want to do something else. but that's just a possibility -- i think your hesitation is just because you want to do the right thing but you in most cases cannot predict everything.

good luck!

Last edited:

besitos

and that was a great post, muchacho, thanks for taking the time to write that.

Januarystorm, is the lingo "L1" and so forth tripping you up? you already know that certain planets rule certain houses that symbolize certain things -- so for example L1 (ruler of 1st house mercury) exalting L2 (ruler of house 2 sun) would mean that mercury exalts sun. and you say that one planet exhalts another when a planet is in exaltation in that sign/degree. i think you already know how to do this.

for myself, i get confused on the direction to read receptions - partly because they are read both ways (from what i believe was said/confirmed on this forum). so unfortunately I don't think i will get an answer on which the correct way is, or even the pros and cons of each way, as of today.