Progressed Rx Jupiter ruling the Midheaven

Kenoshamaensa

A 3rd house Jupiter in Taurus was retrograde at my birth, and it rules my Sagittarius MC. Many of the careers I have held have been typical of such a midheaven: pastor, counselor, professor. But the career I have most wanted, published writer, has always eluded me despite being told for all of my life that I am a really good writer.(*)

An astrologer friend once pointed to my retro-Jupiter and said (paraphrased), "Well, *that's* why ... retro-Jupiter blocks your career success in what you most want, and it won't change till Jupiter goes direct in your progressed chart."

Jupiter is never going to go direct in my progressed chart (at least, not while I'm alive). By her logic, that means I will never succeed in the career I most want to succeed in, and seem best suited for (writing/publishing fiction).

Thoughts? What other factors may play into this? I have a hard time accepting, given when I know of astrology, that a single aspect could be the culprit. It seems to me it's often several things. Ergo, I've dismissed that comment in the past as overly simplistic, but have lately begun to wonder. I will also admit that while I've read both Sophia Mason's books, secondary progressions still sometimes elude me, although I've found them very telling in the past (when I can figure them out *grin*).

My natal chart is in my signature.

(*I could go into a song and dance about the tag 'good writer,' as I'm well aware a lot of people claim to be and aren't. Publication is the ultimate sign of 'success' as a writer, even if anyone in publishing knows that's not true, especially these days, and we can all point to really bad books that got published anyway. But the reverse logic doesn't necessarily occur to people: some really good books don't get published for a lot of reasons besides quality. [And I don't mean mine; I mean those of published writer friends.] So I will simply say that people whose opinions I trust, and who are themselves published, have told me there is no reason they can think of, besides "luck" (or lack of it), that I have never sold a novel. I have sold a couple short stories, but that went nowhere, in terms of a career. I have also published a number of non-fiction things, but not a fiction novel.)