Younger Cousin & Low Self-Esteem

astrobunny

Recently, I found out my older cousin walked in on her five-year old daughter trying on her make-up. By itself, that's not so bad but my cousin asked her daughter what she was doing and her daughter said she didn't think she was pretty like other girls, etc. I wasn't entirely surprised when my older cousin told me what had happened, because I remembered her daughter had that tight Venus-Chiron conjunction, but I'm surprised it's manifesting so young. (I have noticed the Saturn-Sun opposition as well, which I know from my own chart can result in low self-esteem as well.)

(I talked to her mom and found out what day it happened, so I decided to add transits for that day in case something outside the chart may show indicators of what triggered it.)

Attachments

• makeup.jpg
    makeup.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 38

theV

It's at 3*14 Pisces with Chiron almost exactly on top of it. Same with Ceres.

Chiron highlight the focus on Venus by causing a heightened sensitivity around Venusian issues: like beauty, body image, love, sexuality and popularity. She might be extra sensitive when it comes to the way she looks; the way people responds to her body/looks, does people around her love her/is she popular?..etc.It might become hard for her to accept her femininity or sexuality. Adele has this too and she writes/sings about pain (chiron) in relationships (Venus)

Here's an interesting take on Venus/Chiron: http://astrofix.net/2011/07/19/venuschiron-aspects/

Libra is rising Venus rules the chart that is likeability, sociability, beauty and amiability but then Venus conjunct Chiron which makes her insecure and affect her Libra ascendant. Saturn rising also makes her insecure about they way she expresses herself. She must have grown in restrictive environment (Saturn rising).

Saturn opposite, Pluto square Sun all harms her confident (Sun) and healthy self love and joy (Sun).

astrobunny

Chiron highlight the focus on Venus by causing a heightened sensitivity around Venusian issues: like beauty, body image, love, sexuality and popularity. She might be extra sensitive when it comes to the way she looks; the way people responds to her body/looks, does people around her love her/is she popular?..etc.It might become hard for her to accept her femininity or sexuality. Adele has this too and she writes/sings about pain (chiron) in relationships (Venus)

Here's an interesting take on Venus/Chiron: http://astrofix.net/2011/07/19/venuschiron-aspects/

Libra is rising Venus rules the chart that is likeability, sociability, beauty and amiability but then Venus conjunct Chiron which makes her insecure and affect her Libra ascendant. Saturn rising also makes her insecure about they way she expresses herself. She must have grown in restrictive environment (Saturn rising).

Saturn opposite, Pluto square Sun all harms her confident (Sun) and healthy self love and joy (Sun).
Thank you for offering another set of eyes. I started reading that link and some of it I really like in regards to painting a picture for some manifestations of Chiron-Venus.

I did not know that bit about Adele and that Saturn Rising was indicative of a restrictive home life (I have it in my first house as well.) I do worry her home will be too strict/conservative of an environment for her. (I sometimes babysit them, and know her mother can be a people pleaser/very concerned with appearances.

aquarius7000

Hi,

It is not just the Sun-Saturn alone, but also to a large extent that Saturn in the first house. The person is lucky that they have an aries Sun and Jupiter so close to lift their spirits up a bit.

Also, IMO, adding all those asteroids and whatnot is unnecessary. If you cannot get information on what you are looking for from the main planets, then it probably isn't there, or you need to study up a bit more. Nothing that the planets cannot tell you, asteroids will.

astrobunny

Hi,

It is not just the Sun-Saturn alone, but also to a large extent that Saturn in the first house. The person is lucky that they have an aries Sun and Jupiter so close to lift their spirits up a bit.

Also, IMO, adding all those asteroids and whatnot is unnecessary. If you cannot get information on what you are looking for from the main planets, then it probably isn't there, or you need to study up a bit more. Nothing that the planets cannot tell you, asteroids will.
Asteroids can help pinpoint themes in a chart.

aquarius7000

Asteroids can help pinpoint themes in a chart.
Only as very little support to things that have already been pointed out by mainstream planets. If the planets and their constellations (aspects, placements, etc.) do not give the sought-after info away, then it doesn't exist.
If you posted a chart without asteroids and with only the mainstream planets, one can read everything and answer all questions (and that with more ease). Conversely, if you posted a chart without the planets and only with asteroids, not sure people will even respond because they will be able to say very little, if anything at all.

katydid

What is her relationship with her father like? That Saturn/Pluto square, and the opposition to her Sun, all angular, front and center, makes me wonder if her Father is going to somehow add to her personal struggles with her self image/identitiy. The sun is sandwiched between the Jupiter/Uranus, right on the descendant. People have big expectations for her and she may feel them already?

astrobunny

What is her relationship with her father like? That Saturn/Pluto square, and the opposition to her Sun, all angular, front and center, makes me wonder if her Father is going to somehow add to her personal struggles with her self image/identitiy. The sun is sandwiched between the Jupiter/Uranus, right on the descendant. People have big expectations for her and she may feel them already?

I am not entirely sure. Her father is very fun-loving, but I think he may prefer her older brother (two years age difference) because he's a boy. He mentioned to me that he has tried to get her older brother to do boyish things (like help him in the garage or in the backyard) and her brother has no interest in that, but my girl younger cousin loves to.

I also know the boy has been saying comments about some things being for boys/being for girls, and I wonder if he heard his father say them? The girl does already have some tomboy-ish tendencies that make me think this is part of the conflict.

curiousabout77

I have heard that people with sun square pluto can over concentrate on things so maybe body image and looks have become something she is focusing on too much. How about finding out what she is interested in and steer her towards that like music or art or sport or reading and writing. Maybe that will get her focus away from from make up.