Will I be accepted?

Audrey

Hi,

After lurking for quite some time, I'm excited to post here for the very first time. I've been trying to learn horary astrology lately and I would like to give it a try. I'm still a complete beginner, so any help is much appreciated.

Context:
I applied to graduate school a few months ago and I still haven't heard back from any schools. I don't have high hopes due to some problems with the entrance exam. I plan on re-applying next year if this doesn't pan out. My question is: Will I get accepted to a graduate school program?

Interpretation:
I'm supposed to be looking at the ASC, the Moon, and the 9th house.
I'm Leo which is ruled by the Sun and it is in the 7th house. I am in detriment in Aquarius.
The school is Mars in Scorpio the 4th house.
The ASC is somewhat late, but not late enough to make a difference.
The Moon is in Taurus.

The moon is strongly placed since it is in exaltation and in an angular house, but it is applying to Mars by a square. There doesn't seem to be anything to guarantee a yes. The planets seem indifferent. Is there something I'm missing?

Attachments

• horary.jpg
    horary.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 40

waybread

Welcome to the forum.

My best hunch is that you will get accepted, but it may not be what you need or hope.

You are symbolized by the sun, with Leo rising. Higher education is a 9th house matter, ruled by Mars, with Aries on the cusp.

The sun-Mars square is separating, with the sun in detriment. The moon (your stake in the matter) looks strong, yet it applies to an opposition with Mars. The moon is ruled by Venus, and the moon applies to a trine with Venus in the 6th, but this doesn't seem likely to outweigh the negative testimonies.

Re-writing the exams (GREs?) and perhaps using the time to take another course in your field or (depending on what it is) volunteering in an allied area seems like a way to strengthen your application for next year.

Please let us know what happens. You should be hearing soon.

Last edited:

Audrey

Welcome to the forum.

My best hunch is that you will get accepted, but it may not be what you need or hope.

You are symbolized by the sun, with Leo rising. Higher education is a 9th house matter, ruled by Mars, with Aries on the cusp.

The sun-Mars square is separating, with the sun in detriment. The moon (your stake in the matter) looks strong, yet it applies to an opposition with Mars. The moon is ruled by Venus, and the moon applies to a trine with Venus in the 6th, but this doesn't seem likely to outweigh the negative testimonies.

Re-writing the exams (GREs?) and perhaps using the time to take another course in your field or (depending on what it is) volunteering in an allied area seems like a way to strengthen your application for next year.

Please let us know what happens. You should be hearing soon.

Thank you for your reply, Waybread.

Since the Sun/Mars square is separating, does that mean a decision has already been reached? From looking at the chart, I can see all the negative testimonies (Sun in Detriment, Squares/Oppositions, lack of reception), so is your hunch based on the strength of the Moon? I'm having trouble assigning weight to the players involved when interpreting horary. Is the Moon the first thing I should be looking at to determine the outcome of a query?

I'm currently undergoing my first Saturn Return (got Saturn in the 9th in Sagittarius) and Pluto is currently transiting my 10th house. So, education/career matters have taken central stage. Getting into graduate school would represent a major career change for me and lately I've had a "now" or "never" kind of mentality. I did notice the late ascendant in the chart, so maybe I already know the answer.

Thank you for those useful suggestions. I'm already volunteering in the field, so I guess I need to work on improving my exam scores. I'll keep you posted!

waybread

Please do! That way we'll learn more astrology.

Basically the applying aspects are the ones with the real power to act. A separating aspect suggests one of the parties is leaving the scene. The aspect will not perfect unless the faster-moving planet goes retrograde.

tikana

the school you applied for probably rejected you .. 9th house is in its own dom
with that weak sun.. my guess is they will decline you

Audrey

the school you applied for probably rejected you .. 9th house is in its own dom
with that weak sun.. my guess is they will decline you

I applied to many schools. Some of them haven't looked at my application yet since I am still awaiting one more test score. That's why I'm a bit confused about the separating aspect since I'm pretty sure the decision hasn't been made yet —at least, not for all the schools involved. Then again, I asked a rather "general" will I get in. I didn't have a specific school in mind. So maybe they will all reject me.

tikana

whatevr was your number 1 pick the answer is no.

if it had been many we shouldhave seen dual sign or bunch of planets in 9th
or intrcepted 9th

Audrey

whatevr was your number 1 pick the answer is no.

if it had been many we shouldhave seen dual sign or bunch of planets in 9th
or intrcepted 9th

That seems likely. My number 1 pick was a long shot.

Any reason why we didn't see this in the chart? I applied to five schools total.

waybread

I think a test (like a GRE) would be a third house matter, and the moon applies to a nice trine with the third house ruler, Venus.

I don't know where you live, but in North America, wouldn't your application have been submitted some months ago? I think it's possible that some programs would ignore or bump to their waiting list any applications that weren't complete by their deadlines. Possibly the sun separating from Mars indicates that their deadline has passed for admission this fall; or that (as you noted in your OP) if you don't get into your preferred school/s this fall, you will try again for the following year. The sun (you) is leaving the ruler of the 9th house of higher education (Mars) which makes me think that you will decide to wait a year.

But hey, I'm an amateur astrologer, not a psychic.

Audrey

Hi Waybread,

The applications were submitted back in November. The test in question is the LSAT. I took the test in December and February. My December score wasn't great and I'm currently awaiting my February score. Two of the schools I applied to only accept the December score whereas the rest accept both December and February scores. The schools that accept both will look at my application once my February score is released sometime in March. Maybe the separating aspect has to do with those two schools that could have possibly made a decision about my application?

I'm not feeling too great about this question since I guess I should have been more specific. When I posed the question, I just thought of the general idea of *ever* being accepted to this type of school. I wasn't thinking of a particular year or school. Should I rephrase the question or is the chart still fit to be judged?

Last edited:

waybread

Audrey, your chart seems radical (fit to be judged,) just maybe not giving you the answer you hoped for.

I'm curious as to why the ruler of the 9th is showing up in the 4th house, though. Does it have some bearing on your field of study?

Audrey

Audrey, your chart seems radical (fit to be judged,) just maybe not giving you the answer you hoped for.

I'm curious as to why the ruler of the 9th is showing up in the 4th house, though. Does it have some bearing on your field of study?

Not all all. It's not the answer I hoped for, but I can't possibly let that stop me. I'm going to continue to work hard to make my dream a reality since this is something I've been working towards for over two years. I've been looking at my transits and my solar return and there's a lot of focus on career/education matters. I really hope it is an indication of things to come. Maybe not this year, but some time in the future. :joyful:

I'm trying to pursue a career in law, so I'm not entirely sure what the 4th house connection is - home, family, real estate, agriculture? Attending school might necessitate a change of "home" but I don't see why the school is placed there. Any ideas?

Doodleloo

Not all all. It's not the answer I hoped for, but I can't possibly let that stop me. I'm going to continue to work hard to make my dream a reality since this is something I've been working towards for over two years. I've been looking at my transits and my solar return and there's a lot of focus on career/education matters. I really hope it is an indication of things to come. Maybe not this year, but some time in the future. :joyful:

I'm trying to pursue a career in law, so I'm not entirely sure what the 4th house connection is - home, family, real estate, agriculture? Attending school might necessitate a change of "home" but I don't see why the school is placed there. Any ideas?

Do update us when the time comes! Grad school results take a while to come in.

Audrey

Quick update: I've received two rejections so far. :sideways:

I recently contacted one of the schools and asked my application to be moved to a different category. This category is usually more competitive, but it is a better fit because of my background. I was curious, so I posed a question regarding my chances for admission at this particular school.

After a quick glance, this chart seems a bit better. There's some reception and my significator is strongly placed. Not sure about the Moon, though.

All admission decisions are made by late May, so I'll find out sooner or later.

Attachments

• newcategory.jpg
    newcategory.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 30

tikana

as everything else

1/9
moon/9
nothing going on

what is the problem? venus... could be application itself essay .. or grades