Venus in Scorpio vs Venus in Aquarius: the two most challenging signs in love

noraleader

Banned
Pisces connects with and sees the world through feelings, intuition, heart, not through reason or intellect like air does.
but both pisces and aquarius "see the world" ;) or have a scope of global consideration.. aquarius tries to unite the world by compassion, pisces can extend beyond this naivety ;)

i'm concerned about the idea that scorpio and aquarius are "similar because they are concerned with truth.."

this is very tenuous rhetoric dealing with generalisations in delicate, concise statements.. that can be picked apart through facets of one term or another.. scorpios find truth by transformation.. if it breaks, it's truth or falsity is apparent, so they don't mind breaking it.. indulge in passion until the reality is stark, even if painful, at least it is real. aquarians conjecture without embodying the process.. to find the outcome that works best for people and avoid the pain. friendliness.

craft94

@craft, I see what you're saying about adjacent signs having similar qualities, but Pisces an air sign? How? Pisces may be mutable and add in some air or Virgo to a Pisces Sun and it can produce a pretty "mental" kind of person but it's a water sign. I don't know if it could be anything else. Pisces connects with and sees the world through feelings, intuition, heart, not through reason or intellect like air does.

I think you misunderstood me. I wasn't saying that Pisces is an air sign or like an air sign. It's obviously a water sign. What I meant was the mutable quality of Pisces, Virgo, and Sagittarius can be very similar to the open nature of the air signs, though not necessarily the same. That's all I was saying. I was talking about one specific quality. Like generally speaking, air signs like their freedom and need their space and the same could be said of the mutable signs.

Last edited:

waybread

I think there's an astronomical reason why people with adjacent sun-signs can get along. Mercury is never more than 30 degrees from the sun, and Venus is never more than 45 degrees. So there is a slightly higher probability of two adjacent sun-signs having a synastry conjunction like sun-Venus or Venus-Mercury. It is also very common for other planets to be in the sign adjacent to one's sun-sign.

Synastry, of course, requiring a whole lot more planetary placements than popular sun-sign astrology.

craft94

I think there's an astronomical reason why people with adjacent sun-signs can get along. Mercury is never more than 30 degrees from the sun, and Venus is never more than 45 degrees. So there is a slightly higher probability of two adjacent sun-signs having a synastry conjunction like sun-Venus or Venus-Mercury. It is also very common for other planets to be in the sign adjacent to one's sun-sign.

Synastry, of course, requiring a whole lot more planetary placements than popular sun-sign astrology.
Yes, that's exactly what I was saying.

craft94

My childhood best friend was a Venus in Aquarius. I'm guessing she was a Libra rising or something because the Venus was very apparent in her personality. I'd say the Scorpio Venus is prominent in my personality too; but she was always talking about her relationships; and her relationships definitely defied the norm. We got along well as friends I wouldn't date her. Our approach towards relationships couldn't be any more different. In middle school, she would always come to me for advice on relationship issues, she's dating one guy but she's also been flirting with this one guy who she met over the Internet and there's a girl she likes but her boyfriend doesn't know about it. I had no experience at that point and I couldn't understand any of it. Why cheat? If you don't like someone, break up with them. It can't be that hard. Wait, you like them both? I tend to only like one person at a time.

I liked a guy with venus in aquarius at one point. I don't think he even picked up on the fact that I liked him or if he did, he didn't show it.

I think houses and aspects are important too. If your scorpio venus is in the 11th house or aspecting uranus, you might be better suited for an aquarius venus than I am. But if your aquarius venus is in the 8th house or aspecting pluto, maybe we would work out.

Last edited:

cazimi

My parents are this incompatible Venus combination:
my father, brooding Venus in Scorpio man (sag sun )
my mother the breezy Aquarian Venus woman (aqu sun)

Yes, both are so... not traditionally romantic, a bit comically detatched,
and get a big kick out of SUBVERSIVE BEHAVIOUR, and having a laugh at people who are too serious.

Aquarius and Scorpio are both great "s***-disturbers"

I have a few obseravtions.

**A man with Scorpio Venus is, in a way a bit of a tortured soul. They are extremely sensitive, and enjoy most pursuits of pleasure alone, voyeuristically, and cry easily. Their past times are obsessive, and they see beauty in women who are very unconventional

** the unconventionality of Aquarian Venus woman can be attractive to Scorpio Venus partner... She is wierd! She can reciprocate his venom with her explosive statements, and Uranian shock value is like a nuclear weapon. He finds that very interesting.

**Aquarian woman will identify with the loner quality of Scorpio man

**They both have interests that are probably obscure, and dont even necessarily care much to participate, but make great candidates for productive "parallel play" in career and pleasure

**They are both seen as "crazy" and are used to it, confide, joke about it, enjoy the label... Share a love of violating social conventions together, like 2 giggling teenagers

Its funny to write so much praise for signs with square compatibility, but its a good excercise!

noraleader

Banned
Aquarius and Scorpio are both great "s***-disturbers"
this is imo both agreeable and disagreeable, depending on how it is qualified. if we look at aquarius as "friendship" or social consideration, aquarius is certainly not a disturber for the sake of disturbance..

..if we have a repressive, cruel orthodoxy, social standards that are unjust and imposing, then *yes* an aquarius may be disruptive, because they are bringing aid through disruption. but if our society is egalitarian, the aquarian nature could not be likened to puckishness.

i'm an aquarian venus cazimi, cazimi, and certainly, people who make trouble, consider me a trouble maker, because i challenge their injustice, but i hardly make a whisper when things are fair. i certainly am not given to pranks.

often, i think these interpretations have a lot to do with the temporal context.. our current, profoundly imbalanced society, encourages disruptive behaviour, as long as it is founded in cleverness, intellectual pride, the inferiority of a "deserving" subject.

these are terrible times when people say "ni" to an old woman (mandarin for "you").

perhaps, it is then, that the paradigm of corruption, is so widespread in the modern world, that our aquarians seem uniformly disruptive, because there is so much injustice to disturb :) :bandit:

noraleader

Banned
I think there's an astronomical reason why people with adjacent sun-signs can get along.
if we look at the zodiac as a natural progression, then certainly adjacent stages in this story can relate to those in close phases, as they have some experience, or projection, with this outlook..

aries = i am!
taurus = i'd better dig around for security!
gemini = hmm.. that didn't go so well, let's think about this.. *gets crafty*
cancer = aiee! retreat!
leo = let's be honest, i can't spend my whole life retreating.. after all, this is me..
virgo = ...but, i oughtn't be quite so assertive.. *goes into seclusion learns self control, abstinence*
libra = comes out of seclusion, okay, let's give this another, balanced shot..
scorpio = dang, well being reasonable didn't work, i'm gonna beat the wholly cr*p outta this thing
sagittarius = okay, maybe i won't hit you, i'm better than that.. *calms down* how about..
capricorn = no, wait.. how about..
aquarius = hmm.. there may be more to this picture than can be seen.. let's be very considerate..
pisces = am i?

and on to a higher realm.

Last edited:

craft94

this is imo both agreeable and disagreeable, depending on how it is qualified. if we look at aquarius as "friendship" or social consideration, aquarius is certainly not a disturber for the sake of disturbance..

..if we have a repressive, cruel orthodoxy, social standards that are unjust and imposing, then *yes* an aquarius may be disruptive, because they are bringing aid through disruption. but if our society is egalitarian, the aquarian nature could not be likened to puckishness.

i'm an aquarian venus cazimi, cazimi, and certainly, people who make trouble, consider me a trouble maker, because i challenge their injustice, but i hardly make a whisper when things are fair. i certainly am not given to pranks.

often, i think these interpretations have a lot to do with the temporal context.. our current, profoundly imbalanced society, encourages disruptive behaviour, as long as it is founded in cleverness, intellectual pride, the inferiority of a "deserving" subject.

these are terrible times when people say "ni" to an old woman (mandarin for "you").

perhaps, it is then, that the paradigm of corruption, is so widespread in the modern world, that our aquarians seem uniformly disruptive, because there is so much injustice to disturb :) :bandit:

Yep. Contrary to modern cookbooks, I really don't think Aquarius is a sign that rebels for the sake of rebelling. With Aquarius, there's always some kind of "higher" purpose, at least in their mind. Scorpio, on the other hand, is attracted to what they can't have or do. I say this AS someone with a Scorpio Venus. Scorpio likes to test themselves, we like to prove to ourselves that we can do things others say we can't or things we don't think we can do. Aquarius is about community. Scorpio is about personal power. I can see a shock-jock Aquarian and a well-intentioned Scorpio (meaning someone who chooses to use their power for a higher purpose) working out. I tend to get along well with Aquarian Suns despite the fact that our planets are usually squares. They're both fixed signs and that can be both problematic and attractive, depending on their worldviews. I just think the nature of their rebellion is a lot different, and I don't mean to say Scorpios are evil or that Scorpionic rebellion never has a cause. But I think Scorpios are a lot more rebellious than Aquarius; we're attracted to the forbidden. I don't know if Aquarius is attracted to the forbidden so much as they want to challenge an unjust status quo.

noraleader

Banned
quite agreed. both signs seek to address imposition or injustice, i see scorpio as one who perhaps doesn't mind leaving the offender outraged and making an enemy, "it's their fault anyway.." and aquarius as weighing the cost of the argument against the price of further discord, seeing a social, systemic effect. local/global solutions.

aquarius may be more inclined to let a problem go and find something elsewhere to make a positive difference, scorpios are going to let you know it's a problem.

scorpio say, "sexual trauma? oh boy, let's get out the vinyl clothing and get to the heart of this issue" aquarius may recommend reading a good book or trying to relax until you feel better about yourself in general :)

scorpio prefer an eye for an eye, aquarius prefers that at least one may see?

local/global. just riffing on a theme.....

tenacapcious

4th house Venus in Aquarius, Venus Opp. Saturn, Saturn is my most aspected planet and my ruling planet.

While many things often used to describe Venus in Aquarius are generally true about me, I'm very conventional and extremely loyal and dedicated to my very traditional marriage and I'm a housewife and prefer our quiet life in the countryside. I think I appear more eccentric to others than I really am. That could have more to do with my 1st house Uranus. I thrive with being a boring nerd and I need a LOT of solitude.

I love colors, patterns and bling and my style is a cross between the boheme with classic and vintage touches. Somehow I end up in black and jewel tones much of the time, because when I'm in a shop and have to spend money, I suddenly become very conservative.:rolleyes: Yes, I owned a lot of TV blue dresses in the 90s with mid-pumps which I wore with "tribal" jewelry or blazer jackets with flowing paisley skirts, bonus points if they had mirror embroidery! I think that most Venus in Scorpio people think that I'm an eye sore!:w00t:

I've been very close to many Libras and Sags in my life and it's quite possible that some of them had Venus in Scorpio. They're different but comfortable.

What was this thread about?:confused:

Oh, and everyone I know with Venus in Scorpio prefer modern, abstract, and "provoking" art. I prefer traditional art, except I hate all kinds of nudes; sculptures, paintings, doesn't matter. Not against it, just don't care to view that stuff.

Last edited:

waybread

As an Aquarian Venusian married to a Scorpionic Venusian, I'd say in their own way both signs are truth seekers, but they go about it differently. As an air sign, Aquarius is more apt to act on beliefs and principles. Scorpio is more likely to strip away pretense.

But Venus generally isn't about confronting people. Venus rules relatedness, female sexuality, pleasure, the fine arts, luxuries, and peace.

Moreover, the traditional ruler of Aquarius is Saturn, and you are more apt to see the Saturnian nature when Capricorn is the sign on the cusp of the Aquarian planet's house.

tenacapcious

As an Aquarian Venusian married to a Scorpionic Venusian, I'd say in their own way both signs are truth seekers, but they go about it differently. As an air sign, Aquarius is more apt to act on beliefs and principles. Scorpio is more likely to strip away pretense.

But Venus generally isn't about confronting people. Venus rules relatedness, female sexuality, pleasure, the fine arts, luxuries, and peace.

Moreover, the traditional ruler of Aquarius is Saturn, and you are more apt to see the Saturnian nature when Capricorn is the sign on the cusp of the Aquarian planet's house.

Right, I keep forgetting that Capricorn is on the cusp of my 4th house (I think conj. my IC) because my Capricorn planets are in the 3rd house. OT - If I'd just waited to be born 15-20 minutes, I could've had equal houses and reading my natal chart would've been so much easier.

craft94

4th house Venus in Aquarius, Venus Opp. Saturn, Saturn is my most aspected planet and my ruling planet.

While many things often used to describe Venus in Aquarius are generally true about me, I'm very conventional and extremely loyal and dedicated to my very traditional marriage and I'm a housewife and prefer our quiet life in the countryside. I think I appear more eccentric to others than I really am. That could have more to do with my 1st house Uranus. I thrive with being a boring nerd and I need a LOT of solitude.

I love colors, patterns and bling and my style is a cross between the boheme with classic and vintage touches. Somehow I end up in black and jewel tones much of the time, because when I'm in a shop and have to spend money, I suddenly become very conservative.:rolleyes: Yes, I owned a lot of TV blue dresses in the 90s with mid-pumps which I wore with "tribal" jewelry or blazer jackets with flowing paisley skirts, bonus points if they had mirror embroidery! I think that most Venus in Scorpio people think that I'm an eye sore!:w00t:

I've been very close to many Libras and Sags in my life and it's quite possible that some of them had Venus in Scorpio. They're different but comfortable.

What was this thread about?:confused:

Oh, and everyone I know with Venus in Scorpio prefer modern, abstract, and "provoking" art. I prefer traditional art, except I hate all kinds of nudes; sculptures, paintings, doesn't matter. Not against it, just don't care to view that stuff.

I prefer surrealism. Provoking? Depends (For example, I don't like sexist/racist stuff) but yes. I like horror a lot, punk rock. My style is definitely very "dark" but your style sounds really cool- not an eye sore - an eye sore would be conventional...though I also hate people who dress unconventionally to cover up the fact that they have boring personalities.

I agree with everything Waybread and Noraleader said.

Last edited:

cazimi

I guess that my experience of Aquarius is different, through a close friend and my mother, who have afflicted Uranus, I see explosive people, and the chaos and shock jock aspect jolts me.

I am highly Libran, and I actually disagree with the interpretation about of Aquarius as the justice-seeker, when really Libras are the Cardinal justice seekers-- its their lifes purpose.
Aquarius, despite shared preoccupation with the downtrodden, has that detatchment that is efficient and mature, in soul age terms of learning "live and let live"
If someone is doing something unjust, Libra will rally and crusade, and tattle if she must
while textbook aquarius will find ways to passively observe in a scholar mode (scientific, cataloguing for the information of all of humanity-- so we may collectively undermine it, striking Uranian "blow" of lightning). Uranian energy is electric, slaptick with lots of foresight from left field. Air behaving as Fixed is like getting hit by a brick-- of info. Thats how they do!

Libra is Arieses polarity. Libra is a military Cardinal sign, justice is the higher octave of war (1-7). She will throw her heart into matters of interest like a grenade so no one else has to-- it will have her name on it and she will be seen smiling and not expecting a Thank you, feeling resentful all the while!

Aquarius is farther on the wheel, has been there and done that,
and would do something a bit strategic, cerebral and counter-intuitive as reaction to a percieved ill. He uses counter intuitive means.. such befriend the "enemy" Libra saw. :) He doesnt really petition to the public (pandering) actively like she does, he instead mutters to the proletariat, Lets do it ourselves together at once, using popular slang (again delightfully paradoxical)

I am stubborn and I stand by my experience of Aquarians as revolutionaries who epitomise human enlightenment,
even in the seemingly self nullifying Age of Aquarius, -- Its still here, but revolution and overturning has changed shape, as time goes on.
when I said s** disturber perhaps it brings a different image was brought to mind.

To me, the statement enatils a revolutionary as a smooth operator, farcical and fun, even clownish to get people mobilized-- Throws out conventions of us vs them justice, and the namby pamby of Libras harmony obsession that is less palatable. Aquarius is made for crowds, like his flipside, Leo.

As a 12th hs Libra stellium person, Im watchful-- I Envy my cool "cant stay mad at them ever because they are somehow always on top and ahead o me" Aquarius friends,
and am working on an Aqua North Node in this life-- To say nothing of my thorny Scorpio Ascendant Squaring it.

I am in the centre of this Fixed square set,
and I (like a SN Leo fixed sign gal) staunchly identify both Scorpio and Aquarius as tenacious rebellious signs.

Last edited:

craft94

I see your point, Cazimi. Mostly because I'm a Libra too, and not just any Libra but a Libra w/ Sun/Mercury square Uranus. So on a personal level, I get what you're saying about Libran Justice and Uranian shock value. Remember though, Uranus and Aquarius are not necessarily the same thing. Also, Libra and Aquarius are both air signs - Aquarius is the Suns detriment and Libra is its fall. I do think there is something to be said about Aquarius and Scorpio having similar tendencies; both are about transformation in a way. Difference is,I think Scorpio represents transformation on a more personal level and I think Aquarius is more transformation on a social level. I think this could unite the two in a way.

cazimi

Im aware a planet is not its sign, but the sign is derivative of the core values associate with the planet.
Aquarian individuals vibrate with Uranian energy on a highly personal level, or so I thought. Aquariuses Eccentricity is about Uranuses literally eccentric orbit, and its tipped axis, as well as the shock and trauma that made this...
Uranus was discovered around the advent of electricity,.. Their energy is antithesis of Leos old school sun god energy, they like Uranus buzz. Their energy is fidgety, not typically cozy or constant, but highly focused

I was posting earlier more about how justice and order is valued by a cardinal air sign, and unified disorder suits the fixed air sign, who is past libra in the 12 sign cycle. Aquarius is the next incarnation of air after Libra-- a progress from the Libras eventual exhaustion with trying to serve everybody at once, collapsing into a utopian solution of widespread individual awakening in a collective consciousness

I am lately really into how the zodiac is a 12 sign cycle telling a many narratives of progress which one can examine through the cycles of modalities or elements. (1-4-7-10... or 1-7-11)

Youre totally right about the difference in type of rebelliousness between the signs-- they are like oil and water in how they do things but they are both signs fascinated by what is traditionally known as they perverse, and at best entertain each other with dark cackles.

noraleader

Banned
cazimi, i think you are exactly right about librans "more concerned with justice" - and you have aquarians right. the aquarian perspective on justice is only a step away in deduction.

again, this is poorly worded, and can be picked apart if someone intends to misunderstand it, so i only write casually, for those who intend to discern my meaning, not hammer it..

..eg. if we consider karmic justice, dispensed throughout lifetimes, or most faiths concept that justice is dispensed by the divine, then an aquarian realises that interceding to dispense justice isn't necessary and may even result in misadventure due to their subjective perception. so they are less *personally* concerned with justice, and more in tune with a univeral actuation, that may be more efficient or appropriate, but not so apparent.

an aquarian is imo aware of "intelligence in univerality" but not quite ready to cease playing their personal hand, is still "here" and attached enough to try to make a difference in this material world, which is why they/we can let go of one thing and apply to another relatively cheerfully. the little hamster who is in the wheel and keeps it turning and turning until they feel a bit silly about it.

(not trying to be authoritative here, only painting a picture for consideration)

thelivingsky

Also, with adjacent Sun signs the composite charts that are produced have a much, much higher probability of having Sun conjunct Mercury or Venus and sometimes all three in stellium. I see this stellium very often in the composites of very solid long lasting relationships if the negatives in the composite are minimal.

PriT

Account Closed
Ollie, I see this thread's old but I just wanted to add something to it.

I personally don't believe in the idea that Scorpios can't be detached in love or Aquarians can't commit. Specially the idea that they can't get along and fall in love, Aquarians can get married and feel deep love, in fact they can express it better than we Scorpios do

Aquarians and scorpions are different yes. My partner of years , is a Venus Scorpio and I'm a lunar Aquarius. Not to be mistaken with Venus in Aquarius I'm aware but very similar in all respect. However yes we lunar Aquarius's are capable of commitment, and my partner and me got married in the space of 9months of meeting each other , and no I wasn't pregnant at the time. This really shocked both our families as neither of us seemed to be looking for anything commitmenty. [i also have a fair dose of earthiness in my chart]

Venus in Scorpio can be detached. So this is bolony.

Yes couldn't agree more with this,...

I read somewhere that Fire/Earth signs are opposite as well as Water/Air and how despite the differences and the tension the fascination and the sparks that come out of the friction are what tie this people together

To an Aquarian, unless you tell them how you're feeling, they might NEVER gonna guess what's wrong with you, unless you're in a relationship with them for years and they know how you function (though they might never decipher that emotional part and it's better that way because that way the will always stay intrigued by you?).

This is all very true about Aquarius, especially Venus and moon Aquarius.

You have to think we're the other persons planets fall in their chart, I have some water in my chart so this might make me a little more sensitive than the typical Aquarius. emotions are not our thing. As cold as that sounds but again my other watery influence makes up for this.

Also about him being a Venus Scorpio and how Scorpio likes danger, I don't know he isn't the typical Scorpio he does like danger but he won't go seeking it if it's not for a cause. Or whatever. He has many earthy influence in his chart so rather sensible.

Something I'll add is that being fixed signs we're obviously set in our ways. Scorpios and aquarians can be very stubborn. From a lunar aquarian's perspective, once my decision is made about something I won't budge. Even if the thing evolves or changes and becomes more appealing. My decision is undeterred. I have most of my planets in many fixed signs , especially my personal planets. My decisions are definitely final. Scorpios are very much the same and I have this sign too in some planets.

We both share something: Aquarians and Scorpios venuses LOVE the truth/honesty. We are both loyal signs and we both take unconventional routes when it comes to courtship/flirting. Aquarians love eccentricity, change, difference from the traditional, and what's more different than the norm than Venus in her detriment, Scorpio? As for Scorpios, we LOVE danger. Ask anybody with a Venus in Scorpio and they will tell you how the smell of danger, the underground, the PROHIBITED sounds erotic. There's a difference all in all though, a big one that's accentuated by the fact that we both are fixed signs: Scorpios operate on the emotional level and Aquarians on the intellectual one.

At the end, both signs need each other. Looking at the psychological side of astrology, the same of the same is not good enough for anybody, and not for us specially. Scorpio wants something REAL, something out of the norm as much as Aquarius wants it. Scorpio needs the logical approach of Aquarius to heal its emotions and to go out into the lighter side of life and enjoy. Aquarius might teach us that not everything is emotionally intense and secrecy and fallacy and hidden things. They're the most open when in love! Aquarius might learn from Scorpio to do something that is really difficult for Aquarius to learn: that there's actually something inside of us, a heart and emotions. Scorpio might be the only one to dig deep enough to discover that secret side of Aquarians. Attachment can grow between these two signs! Scorpio loves you for everything you're deep inside, even for your mistakes, your flaws, your most ugly side, because in the end, that's the real you: you HAVE flaws. We can teach Aquarians about the importance not of attachment, but the concept of having something that worths it stick around. Aquarians are the most accepting lovers and nothing out of the norm scares them, and that's what might attract us: the feeling that we're appreciated even when we feel excluded or as loners because with don't feel okay in the way we interact or express

Totally spot on here.