Pandora in First house?

Arijana

In scorpio,what does that mean?

I count it as in the first house since it's in the second but by one-two degress away,and I'm told when so little away it is interpreted as in the first house. I also have JUno,Pluto,and Lilith there all in scorpio,and that all kinda scares me lol.

can anyone tell me what does that all mean? :) I'm not good at interpreting the meanings of asteroids and such :)

Neptune Rising

Hello there

It may be helpful to post your chart, if you wanted to, that way we can see what aspects Pandora make to the rest of your natal planets. This can help add more depth to any interpretation and possibly find ways of working with the energies.

Having said that, I dont know much about Pandora (asteroid 55) until I saw this thread. There is a link here which tells a bit of the myth about Pandora, and how it applies in the natal chart.

From what I've understood, Pandora is a bit like Saturn in its energies, in that it wants us to learn the lessons associated with it. Pandora was the one that unleashed all the difficult things onto the people of the Earth, hence the asteroid and its placement is where we will have to face the starkest truths about ourselves and others.
Both Saturn and Pandora have the difficult task of forcing us to get real - more honest, more truthful, more genuine - more of our true self. But before we can be that, before Pandora´s lessons are learned, we have to open that box and let the devil loose, no matter how terrifying it is.
from this website.

Its where we have to face parts of ourselves we may deny to ourselves, things that we pretended were ok when they really weren't. So its Saturn like in facing our karma, the reactions to past actions, while also like Pluto in bringing to the surface previously buried things, feelings, emotions and facts.

Technically, I've always heard and known that if a planet is a few degrees from a cusp, you take it to be in the house going forwards, so its on your 1st/2nd cusp, technically in your 2nd house. This is the house of values, self worth, the things you value, your money, self esteem... This is where you may have to face your Pandora-like lessons, things that you hide from yourself, hide from others, ect, at certain points in your life.

I have Pandora opposite my natal Jupiter, chart ruler. Perhaps my expression has an element of Pandora in it. Pandora reflects the things in others that they may well want to avoid facing.

Thanks for raising this interesting subject.

Pandora wants us ultimately wants us to be real, and genuine with ourselves, to be more whole.

Arijana

Sure thing neptunerising,here's the chart :)

though I count it as it were in the first...I also have some aspects with Lilith and Chiron,but I don't know how to interpret them :(
does thus Pandora make a square to my sun? If so I could interpret it as hidding from my true self maybe..? Ive read that Pandora represents being the black sheep, loss of face,public shame,scandals etc..

Last edited:

Arijana

Regarding the being the black sheep in society :)

I don't know if it has to do anything with the fact that I am the black sheep in a way-I always get noticed,and that is not a good thing half of the time,because I tend to evoke strong feelings of.... I won't say hate,but people don't like me,I draw attention but in a bad way and somehow I can't escape from ''not being seen''

I don't know know how to interpret it with my Juno,Lilith,adn Pluto,plus I also have Vulcanus in the first house as well..wee me lol,in the house that repsresents personality and I don't know how to even try and look at it as a whole

Last edited:

Arijana

and come to think of it,I did have two scandals regarding two men in which I ''lost face'' in a way....and I always raise eyebrows :( It's like when I do something bad,the world would stone me to death,but when somebody else does the same bad thing no one reacts

Last edited:

freedomlover

and come to think of it,I did have two scandals regarding two men in which I ''lost face'' in a way....and I always raise eyebrows :( It's like when I do something bad,the world would stone me to death,but when somebody else does the same bad thing no one reacts

I would chalk this up to Lilith in Scorpio smack on your Ascendant, with Pluto keeping close company.

Neptune Rising

Thanks for posting the chart.

Very good point Freedomlover makes is the Lilith/Pluto on the ascendant.

The ascendant (and planets on and aspecting) is the lens through which we project ourselves to the outer world. Lilith I also am still learning about.. interesting that Lilith/Pluto trine your Sun, while Pandora squares it. The lady in the Profumo affair scandal had Lilith on her ascendant. I would say those planets are giving you some lessons that maybe Pandora will be wanting you to face yourself with... The Sun is our ego, life, soul, its our heart, so these lessons are very much part of your heart, life ego... major part of your life. Sun is also the male, so perhaps these lessons will be shown to you via the men in your life...?

They are very 'real' planets aspecting your Sun, the square can make the lessons harder to learn, but the power of the squares almost certainly ensures you will learn them :smile:

In fact, there is a Kite configuration in your chart, you may want to take this to the natal 'Aspects and Configurations' board and see if you can get a response there.

NR

Arijana

I also have Vulcanus in the first house too :)

But yes,that Lilith creates problems for me-people always notice me but in a bad way, they always talk about my life ( especially the men I;m with, don't know why but whenever I'm in a relationship it's always some controversy involved even when there isn't anything really there,other people make it out to be ) I'm always the witch,[deleted swear - moderator] ( when in fact I'm innocent of any wrong doings ) for some relationships I was publicly humiliated by larger crowds or they tried to,even when I have nothing to do with some man or situation I end up the one they wish to burn at the stake,it's like this instant hate against me..

Last edited by a moderator:

Arijana

To add,that's the reason I was never with married men,or men that are problematic in a way,not because I didn't want to but because I simply know ( and have experienced ) any relationship I get to everything is found out and I take the heat/ judgement/ public stoning from the crowd...