Lunar eclipse in Cap on 26th June

Caro

Just wanted to start a thread on this upcoming eclipse.

http://www.horoscopeswithin.com/scorpio.php

The lunar eclipse on 26th June - the horoscopes (link above) refer to Saros series 120 and previous eclipses of June 1992 and June 2002. Both times I moved house!
The eclipse occurs in my 3rd house/I guess to be more accurate the cusp of my second and third house.

However pluto is conjunct this eclipse this time round.:ninja:

How do you work out which house pluto rules is it the house it is in(in my case 10th ) or the scorpio house in the chart?(my case the ascendant)

I moved house earlier this year and wonder whether another move perhaps unpredicatable one could be in the offing.

would be interested in others experience of these historic eclipses. :smile:

Gwenyhfair

thanx Caro for starting this topic. You probably know about the other events in the sky the same time :surprised:

This is an interesting subject. The eclipse falls in my empty second and 8 th houses. Second ruler is saturn, in transit involed in the figure (opp uranus). Pluto is transiting my second and opp my progr sun. YES; it is four degrees cancer:alien:

Pluto rules my tenth too. My job situation is rather OK, good job but I´m quite bored. I have scorpio rising too. What shall we do? I have no idea how this eclipse (and the cross) is affecting my life. Only I know things have been cooking for some time now and sure I feel the calm before the storm.... My progr sun is in progr fourth house cancer. I´m about to move only I feel the move is weird unreal. Jupiter was transiting my IC earlier when i bought the house. Then things got messed up and I could not move.

I guess for me it´s mostly a home-fourth-cancer aswell as a second-eight (thus also pluto/scorpio) and second-saturn issue. The tenth is involved yes, I would like to just get rid of this job. Cause my new home is too far from the job, so here we go with the second house- money. There are no jobs where the house is. Like an equation I have to solve where there is an unknown x-factor.

About 1992 and 2002. Hmm, June. Nothing dramatic -92 summer I was still a rookie. Summer of 2002 was when I was escaping a bad relationship. Lots of stress but not yet the breakdown so I kind of showed a happy face and did not want to be in touch with was really going on. In a way both summers were some kind of "last summers" -92 was my last summer of being "innocent" with the troubles of adulthood still unknown, no responsibilities. And same goes for ´02 in the winter next year I had to deal with the big problems in my then relationship. Divorce was not until some years later. After the summer of 2002 I was never really happy again. So better to pretend to be happy when later not even that was possible.

In summer 1992 my careless youth really ended. I became a more responsible person and began hard studies. I´m still a responsible person in many ways, but I probably need to be so even more and now is the time. The relationship that ended was somewhat reckless (esp in finances, second house issue) but also in social matters. We hanged around with ppl with a lifestyle that we could not afford. They were friends from earlier days and we did not realise the difference until too late. We both became financially responsible but on our own. We learned the lesson and started to see other things in life. In 2002 hanging with the jetsetters was already a lie, as well as pretending to my family. I definitely see the second house and saturn matter here. I lost huge amounts of money by doing stupid things and not saving a penny. The relationship with my CAPPY brother never has been the same after a family fight in august 2002. I showed the real me for the first time and had to do it in a harsh way, cause nobody had ever seen me in my family before.

As my youth and the affluent life never came back into my life I wonder what I will have to leave now? The link you posted the same theme may be emerging now. The only thing I´m slowly, cautiously ready to get rid of is my loneliness

Ebenia

Lunar eclipse will touch my MC in Capricorn (6 degrees). In 2002 I started at lower secondary school and in 1992 I was in hospital due to kidney failure. So I hope that this eclipse will be more about the school, cause infact I will start in university this autumn. :) Pluto has been travelling all over my MC for over a year now, so I guess this is just one part of that transformation again.

I think this is a good link of eclipses; http://www.astrologyzone.com/eclipses/

Caro

Hi Ebenia/Gwenyfair
thanks for your replies. Im sorry its highlighted some difficult stuff in the past.

Gwenyfair - actually your reply prompted me to think again I realised a relationship a toxic one began and ended in this period. I met him around this time 92 and then the last time I saw him was 2002! Im glad that is over! It was a destructive relationship. So it is interesting we have similar house placings.

it was the house moves that jumped out at me and I realise I have done (compared to many) a few moves in my time!! Im beginning to feel a real need to settle in one place but like you say unsure as to next steps. I have neptune around my sun.

:sad:Im aware of the other stuff going on in the skies - I too feel an increased tension especially on my journey on the underground to work!!! it will be a challenging time for many. Ive been trying to find alternative routes!

I probably need to look at this again. as I finished my degree 91 however ended up working in a health related job then in 2002 finished my first course related to complementary therapies.

like you my progressed sun is in aries squre pluto!

if you want to post your chart maybe we can have a closer look

the horoscope website link I posted is quite an interesting one.

Sun Scor Moon Aqu Asc Vir

Great Link :smile: Thank`s for sharing ..

It Stipulated Oct born Scorpios would encounter the effects more intensely than November natives (me) .. and suggested reading simultaneously the Asc sign forecast also ..

This eclipse conjoins my natal Mars in the 8th house, squares my natal Pluto (in Virgo in the 5th), and my natal Sun (in Pisces in the 11th).

What kind of clusterchuck do ya suppose? I try not to think about it too much, but it does look kinda, uh...challenging?

Survey says?:andy:

rlilien

Hi Everyone!

The lunar eclipse on June 26th falls on my birthday (!!!!!) this is going to be a very interesting year, I guess... it's in my second house, conjunct Pluto, and conjunct N Node... can this have a positive twist as well?

@Gwenyfair Pluto is also transiting my second and opp my progr sun. and YES; it is ALSO four degrees cancer, haha!

Last edited:
Is there any particular link to the eclipse that happened on Jan 15th at 25Cap? That was the start of quite a tough few weeks for me.

I've found that there are cycles between eclipses, but I don't think there is a set formula so to speak that consistently works. In general, eclipses don't do much, but every now and again they can be like the apostrophes around big events. (Marriage, move, job change, divorce, birth of a child, loss of a parent... stuff like that)

I think it's the overall transits at the time that are sometimes triggered by the slower moving planets. (Sun and Moon, etc...)

Hope this helps:smile:

thanx Caro for starting this topic. You probably know about the other events in the sky the same time :surprised:

This is an interesting subject. The eclipse falls in my empty second and 8 th houses. Second ruler is saturn, in transit involed in the figure (opp uranus). Pluto is transiting my second and opp my progr sun. YES; it is four degrees cancer:alien:

Pluto rules my tenth too. My job situation is rather OK, good job but I´m quite bored. I have scorpio rising too. What shall we do? I have no idea how this eclipse (and the cross) is affecting my life. Only I know things have been cooking for some time now and sure I feel the calm before the storm.... My progr sun is in progr fourth house cancer. I´m about to move only I feel the move is weird unreal. Jupiter was transiting my IC earlier when i bought the house. Then things got messed up and I could not move.

I guess for me it´s mostly a home-fourth-cancer aswell as a second-eight (thus also pluto/scorpio) and second-saturn issue. The tenth is involved yes, I would like to just get rid of this job. Cause my new home is too far from the job, so here we go with the second house- money. There are no jobs where the house is. Like an equation I have to solve where there is an unknown x-factor.

About 1992 and 2002. Hmm, June. Nothing dramatic -92 summer I was still a rookie. Summer of 2002 was when I was escaping a bad relationship. Lots of stress but not yet the breakdown so I kind of showed a happy face and did not want to be in touch with was really going on. In a way both summers were some kind of "last summers" -92 was my last summer of being "innocent" with the troubles of adulthood still unknown, no responsibilities. And same goes for ´02 in the winter next year I had to deal with the big problems in my then relationship. Divorce was not until some years later. After the summer of 2002 I was never really happy again. So better to pretend to be happy when later not even that was possible.

In summer 1992 my careless youth really ended. I became a more responsible person and began hard studies. I´m still a responsible person in many ways, but I probably need to be so even more and now is the time. The relationship that ended was somewhat reckless (esp in finances, second house issue) but also in social matters. We hanged around with ppl with a lifestyle that we could not afford. They were friends from earlier days and we did not realise the difference until too late. We both became financially responsible but on our own. We learned the lesson and started to see other things in life. In 2002 hanging with the jetsetters was already a lie, as well as pretending to my family. I definitely see the second house and saturn matter here. I lost huge amounts of money by doing stupid things and not saving a penny. The relationship with my CAPPY brother never has been the same after a family fight in august 2002. I showed the real me for the first time and had to do it in a harsh way, cause nobody had ever seen me in my family before.

As my youth and the affluent life never came back into my life I wonder what I will have to leave now? The link you posted the same theme may be emerging now. The only thing I´m slowly, cautiously ready to get rid of is my loneliness

Yeah, in the book "Planets in Transit" Robert Hand talks about how Pluto transits often deal with maturity. Sometimes it seems to feel more like how much can we kick the crud out of one person-- but it's generational. (uhhhh, how's that better? I don't know...)

Gwenyhfair

Cool, so many here have something in common in our horoscopes. Must be something in the air...

Doesn´t the new year´s eclipse also belong to this group?

Susan Miller has really written good stuff about eclipses in general, but I´m trying to figure out what it could mean on a personal level. Talked to some pro astrologers this week but they were rather secretive. More like yeas, mmh, big things going on. Earthquakes, oil, aeroplanes... They know my birth chart but had absolutely no comments, just that there might be stuff happening in the nature.

In my country the politics is the area where things are falling apart. Corruption is becoming evident in a country that is not famous for corruption earlier.... But this is only the beginning. Government workers have to start work harder cause they have not been corrupted and as the politically chosen servants can nolonger focus on their jobs or get kicked out work shifts. The corrupt politicians unfortunately have been able to fix money for themselves from the budget so there is less money for the state employees. I hope this will lead to a totally new political system and shift towards EU. My country can nologer govern itself. I´m not from Greece:tongue: but our system has been wrong for years. Not that EU is übercool, just that here the politicians take the money home and do nothing at all and the political machinery (parties, MP:s) is over dimensioned for a small country. And outdated.

This is true. My collegues now run affairs erlier run by politically chosen ministry workers that nolonger are able to do it. The world has changed.

gemini59

This lunar eclipse will be interesting. In "Eclipses Predicting world events and personal transformation" by Celeste Teal on page 177 she has a chart erected with place of Washington dc.
Washington dc eclipse chart, Name, a rough patch. ...Focus on National and domestic business. Eclipse features a Grand crass involving seven planets and two lords-Pluto and mercury: obstructions in transport and communications. For the USA, focus is on health, employment, and civil servants. Discontent affects public harmony. /changes involve jobs, health, civil servant rehab centers. Uranus in an Aries Degree point: historical marker for science. Research on secret projects, but potential indiscretions lead to danger. there are themes of obsession and mutually coercive tactics to win domination. Conspiracies among men.

There are so many things about this chart that are alarming to me personally and professionally. First I work for government agency that works in health and rehab. ...a bit scary particularly as it hits on my MC and Saturn.
I am curious too as if I take this chart and overlay on to my natal the MC/IC lines up perfectly with my nodes..things that make you go hmmm.

Now the triggers are first sun in Sept 24 then mars and Pluto exact DEC 16th.
Celeste Teal describes Pluto as a trigger to an eclipse as "
Pluto is somewhat like Mars in influence, although more transforming and often more destructive. Pluto packs a punch, and this planet suggests the need for complete renovation starting from scratch. ......Pluto is concerned with the process of renewal, and its power is slow, subtle, intense, and very deliberate, but it can also be explosive. "

Now the good news is this is a dragons head lunar which again is slightly more positive then its opposite.
the lord of the eclipse is an earth sign, Capricorn thus motivated by practical concerns but also earth quakes, volcanic erutpions and too drought, as well as recessions etc. . . Alll things Capricorn or Saturn like or 10th house related.

Attachments

• lunareclipse.gif
    lunareclipse.gif
    56.4 KB · Views: 30

Caro

Thanks everyone for replies and insights.
yes it is a great site.(weblink at top of message) I read the rising sign cos Im scorpio rising(aqua sun) I also love the art work on the site.

I was pondering this last evening after the first two replies. As someone who has trained with healing energy stuff this is increasingly how I see the astro chart ie the different energies of the planets.

So to Gwenyfair and Ebenia I know you looked back and saw the keys events that matched these days and some were not great.

Do you think that around the eclipse you actually recieved a subtle message ie as you headed into the **** relationship(I did) you actually met a few people who supported you in some ways and that they matched the eclipse energy. ie for me I definitely remember now meeting with the manager at the company I worked and he said why dont i consider a career in healthcare. I at the time just thought he was being sexist. here I am some time later in a career in healthcare. :andy:

its that type of thing that this eclipse I think can trigger although I may be wrong......(and I am just a beginner here) As its the moon it will relate to emotions the unconscious, dreams

Gwenyfair - isnt pluto well placed in the second house? so maybe you will begin to resolve challenges around earning.

The world is definitely going to see some dramatic shifts in next few years.
I will take a look at Susan's Millars comments.

So I dont think this is a huge event unless of course it contacts perhaps exactly your planets but it could trigger something a bit like a ripple from a wave.

thanks once again.

.skye.

[mod edit swear removed].. The next lunar eclipse is going to hit my natal Neptune in the 9th.. Pluto is rather close.. moving to my MC (*shivers*). The moon is also applying a trine to my natal Venus (5th) and a sextile to Saturn and Pluto (7th). I have no idea how this is going to play out..

Ayee, we shall not fear eclipses! ..right? :surprised:

Last edited by a moderator:

Gwenyhfair

Caro: Interesting question about feelings and energy on the eclipse day. I did not check up the past eclipse dates, cannot remember exactly so many years ago. But it was during the 2002 summer I felt the energy of the "beginning of the end" of the relationship. As well as in the summer of 92 I felt destined to study in a certain field althou I had many options before. I started the actual studies a year later. Asit's said, you can feel the effect much later than the eclipse itself about 3 months to five years. The moment of the eclipse doesn't have to bee a dramatic incident.

I very much have felt the energies in the universe during eclipses. Last august I got some messages and felt really really alive and in contact with higher energies during the eclipse. On new year's I was at home with a flu and could feel something tingeling when I went out to look at the moon and I got clear instructions and messages. But as we speak now I have no clue anymore what to do with those messages. I thought I did then:annoyed:

And yep, there was people matchin the energy during the eclipse. Somebody special to my surprise. Looking back now on last year (eclipses were 26 jan, 9 feb, 22 july and 5 aug) I remeber I was always open to some channel and found out how to proceed in a certain matter, or at least somehow. Sometimes not much has happened but the message has been clear. I guess it's up to what we do with it. It's much about feelings, subconscius , some people may even think what they experience is "just a dream" and therefore it never materialises.

The next up eclipse I think is different due to the all over constellation in the sky. I shall stay at home and get those messages...

Spicadilly

Thanks for the thread, eclipse prediction is one of my fav. I am envious that you can all remember what happened in 1992 and 2002 as you rightly said something similar could happen again. I don't remember anything and no patience to keep a diary!

I have to disagree with some of the comments on how to read eclipses. It is not enough to see in which house it falls, you need to eclipse to aspect planets in the natal and/or progressed plus progressed Moon acting as well or nothing will happen as some of you have noticed...

Eclipses also need to be read together for the right meaning so LE will bring an end to something so that the SE in July comes in with something new to start another cycle. If nothing happend around then, as Gem said watch for transiting Sun to square that point to see an event then.

For instance, I think these are going to bring me a new job. The LE falls in my h2 widely aspecting a t-square (but it could work still). It also tightly aspect my progressed IC/MC. Eclipses can work 1 month before. I lost a second income end of May at the full moon but could also be this eclipse in action so I am on a budget again. Something old had to go to make room for the new. July SE is cj my MC ruler (powerful as it is an angle) well aspected AND progressed Moon h10 will sextile MC ruler in 4 months whilst T jupiter Pisces trines it for the last time...A new job, cross fingers :tongue:!!

Spica :sideways:

Last edited:

gemini59

First I am a tad confused and basically ignorant on the Saros series. It appears that the june14, 1992 lunar eclipse was in Sag. 24 which was opposite my natal sun.
And that was the month I married and my son was born in Oct 1992.

Now the June 2002 eclipse was in early degrees of Capricorn like this one. There was nothing too note worthy happening then accept I noted when I looked through my memorabilia and so forth that my daughter broke her arm about that time falling of very poorly designed monkey bars. And I say poorly designed as four kids fell off that equipment that summer and broke their arms.

I can not remember much else really accept I too began physical therapy dealing with an old neck injury. This was a long drawn out process too with PT etc. It was an injury I incurred at work back in 1989 or thereabouts so I would say old things coming back to haunt me.

Now Spica, I have not read much on eclipses to progressed planets or angles as progressions are more an internal process. I will have to check on this one.

Too what I have read only the conjunction and opposition to natal planets or points would be affective to 'energize' . And I think a three degree orb is important and generally the more exact the stronger.

Now your information
Eclipses also need to be read together for the right meaning so LE will bring an end to something so that the SE in July comes in with something new to start another cycle.
is interesting and I have not heard this before.
The new moon preceding the full moon is what hides behind the light and comes to 'culimination' in the full. The solar eclipse is the new moon and is a 'new beginning.

What does it mean when one eclipse falls on a sensitive point and the following one does not. As an example this lunar calls on my natal MC/saturn opposing merc/IC
but I do not have anything at cancer 19 degrees for the July 11th which is when the total solar eclipse happens or the super new moon.
Eclipses can work 1 month before

Spica, I have not read this or caught this idea before. I suspect that they are going to feel invigorated a few days before or as the moon closes in to its degree and certainly afterwards this eclipse point energizes or makes sensitive this point to challenges from mars, sun and the outer planets by conjunction and squares but not prior. But I am learning. I know I am starting to feel some of the energy now I suspect.

The total solar eclipse of July 11th is not a strong one and is a dragons tail too. this is akin to an energy drain. This is more about a release of the desire of the ego or an identity crisis, and lack of vitality so it may not be all 'roses roses'.

Actually I am really dreading this event with a vengeance. There is just so much going on and I having a really difficult time interpreting its meaning.

Now I have run into a few things in my reading. Like the lords of the eclipse are not going to be capricorn or saturn but pluto and mercury as they are with in three degrees of the eclipse point thus much more volitile. Watch your words and outbursts may come from no where (ie today for me) .

Pluto with the moon will excite the emotions and I would say to an eruptive level. Mercury opposing with sun might imply egos and words cross with pent up emotions. This could prove very energetic point particularly with anyone with early cardinal moon, sun, mercuries or asc/MC very charged and I suspect a prelude to the Cardinal square later in July.

Spicadilly

Cassandra, thanks for looking back. It's late here so I be brief for now. I use all aspects for eclipse readings especially the square families. I have seen it work and read other astrologers using all aspects as well. If you google it, you will find some am sure. The month before thing is from Susan Miller in the article posted here somewhere I think. Transits to progressions lead to events as far as I have seen and read but need to validate more. My example was I lost an income because I will soon get a bigger one with a new full time role. i think because the SE has soft aspect to my natal, I may have to initiate the search which is fine as I have started. I will share the outcomes when known.

Eclipse to your MC/IC, are you job hunting, house hunting etc.? But I would want to know what it aspect in your natal/progressed, all the aspects :happy: