Would it be a good idea to change my phone number?

AstroThrive

:sideways:Okay, Does it matter who I am in this chart since the question is based upon changing my phone number?
Am I represented by Jupiter or Neptune?
Neptune Opposite Moon.... Jupiter square moon, so both planets representing me have a dynamic relationship with the moon?
It looks like the sun may be combust Mars, which is a negative testimony, but How do I know which planet the phone is?
What sticks out???

Attachments

• Horary Number.gif
    Horary Number.gif
    50.9 KB · Views: 21

IleneK

Premium Member
:sideways:Okay, Does it matter who I am in this chart since the question is based upon changing my phone number?
Am I represented by Jupiter or Neptune?
Neptune Opposite Moon.... Jupiter square moon, so both planets representing me have a dynamic relationship with the moon?
It looks like the sun may be combust Mars, which is a negative testimony, but How do I know which planet the phone is?
What sticks out???

May I please clarify your question?

By changing your phone number, are you asking if it would it be helpful in blocking or ceasing communication with another party to change your phone number?

AstroThrive

IleneK,
Basically to seize communication with another, but currently there is no communication there anyway.... I feel as though changing my number will help me take the next step in putting some things behind, me plus I wont have to worry about anyone contacting me who isn't welcome. I've had the same phone number for about 9 years.
Thanks!

IleneK

Premium Member
IleneK,
Basically to seize communication with another, but currently there is no communication there anyway.... I feel as though changing my number will help me take the next step in putting some things behind, me plus I wont have to worry about anyone contacting me who isn't welcome. I've had the same phone number for about 9 years.
Thanks!

I apologize, but I am not able to turn this into a horary question.
Perhaps you can try to be more specific about what you want to know, or maybe other forum members can work with what you have said here.

Zarathu

Account Closed
We could just let the magic of Horary take over... We don't have to know what it is as long as its important to AstroThrive. Telephone numbers are ruled by the third house and Mercury.

On the basis of a quick look, I'd say not to bother.

BTW, it won't get you want you want. You should be aware that even unlisted numbers are not really protected. And paying one of those detective type internet programs $1.49 a month will get you all kinds of information about people. I paid for one when I had renters to make sure that the people I was renting to weren't messed up. Several times I flagged such things as DUI suspensions, saving me the hassle of have a drunk living in my house spraying beer on the ceilings and possibly burning the house down with a cigar that they weren't allowed to have but because they were drunk they didn't care.

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
We could just let the magic of Horary take over... We don't have to know what it is as long as its important to AstroThrive. Telephone numbers are ruled by the third house and Mercury.

Well, her question is: Is it a good idea to change her phone number, and honestly, I am not sure how to interpret the relationship between the significators.

I wonder if, for instructional purposes, you might want to say a bit about how you delineated the chart to come up with your conclusion.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Well, her question is: Is it a good idea to change her phone number, and honestly, I am not sure how to interpret the relationship between the significators.

I wonder if you might want to say a bit about how you see the chart.

My mentor for Horary is not Lilly, its Ivy Goldstein Jacobson. She was the teacher of my teacher, and the best astrologer of the 20th century as far as I'm concerned. But she was a modern Horary astrologer, not a Lilly astrologer. So those who are lilly traditionalists often don't believe what she had to say.

The way I tend to do it is to look only at the Moon first. If I see a clear answer by only the actions of the Moon, then I don't go into the next step. My Horary workbook has 20 pages of Moon interactions and consequences to look at. In this instance the Moon's actions and interactions in the chart say NO.

1. Moon opposed Arabic Part of undoing

2. The moon has a high latitude, suggesting that anything she does will take off on itself and give untoward results, that she doesn’t expect.

3. Moon between malefics shows that she feels like she is under pressure, and that although it could be a yes, its more likely no because lots of difficulties could arise for a yes; and something happened in the past that she wants to get away from.

4. The Moon is angular so things will move along pretty fast here in the problem that she has, and the time it takes to go through with a change in the number won’t make a difference

5. However, the Moon’s final aspect is a sextile to Venus, and this is a strong and positive aspect in this chart.

6. However, there is a trine to Saturn which in this case is a low friction aspect. Ivy looked at both applying aspects and plain aspects in the chart. When she was specifying an applying aspect she would specifically state “applying aspect”.

7. The Moon’s parallel to Uranus could show that a positive change could take place, but Uranus is also a planet of big change, and having two change planets in close contact like that means more changes that I might like.

8. The Moon’s sextile to Pluto suggests complications as a result of changing it.

9. Moon’s 1st applying aspect is a sextile to Pluto suggesting that the movement to yes or no starts out with complications, and for me complication as a starter is a no.

10. The last aspect to the Moon is to Venus which is a benefic, but the Moon actually conjuncts a malefic, which means that even though a yes may be the answer, in the end, no one will be satisfied with a yes, and would have preferred a no

11. The Moon’s aspect to the ruler of the end of the matter 6th house is Pluto, which we see above already represents complications.

I could go on..... But for me there is enough “complications” the warrant a NO

Last edited:

dr. farr

Use of the Moon as (often the main) arbiter in a horary, goes back to the earlier Islamic transitional-era (during which period the outlines of Western horary were being established) The "Ankara" school (oldtime Ottoman astrology) had the technique of "Simple Lunar Divination", which method I have occasionally applied to horaries, here on AW (but, I must say, that I personally prefer either Primary Ankara horary, or the Magic 8 Ball, to "Simple Lunar Divination"-of course the Lunar evaluation described by Zarathu, above, is a much more elaborate application of the Moon, than the oldtime "Simple Lunar" divination technique)

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary and uses whole sign house format)

I'll use the Lot of Rectitude (right action, right thing to do) to determine the answer to this advice-request question:

-Lot of Rectitude (ascendant+mars-mercury) falls @ 1 Cancer
-querent = 1st house = Gemini = Mercury
-querent co-significator = Moon
-telephone house (communications involving querent) = 3rd house = Leo = Sun
-Mercury flows toward the Lot of Rectitude = + testimony
-Moon flows toward the Lot = + testimony
-Sun flows toward the Lot = + testimony

...all testimonies are +; therefore, yes, it would be the "right thing to do" to change the telephone number at this time...

AstroThrive

Thank you everyone for all the perspectives you have provided for me! This helps me a lot, not necessarily deciding what Ill do but helping me pick apart the chart after you all give me your opinion on it! Especially for future Horary practice, which I plan to keep doing....
I'm not sure at the moment whether or not Ill be changing my number, but Ill put my decision here in a month or so..

Zarathu, I may have to do a little studying on the strictly lunar horary readings, you are fond of! This new information is intriguing! Thank you