Pain threshold or tolerance

07.Re

Are there any aspects to look for in a natal chart, that indicate high or low pain threshold? I would probably think that Mercury would be involved.

dhundhun

Are there any aspects to look for in a natal chart, that indicate high or low pain threshold? I would probably think that Mercury would be involved.

Saturn sextile (from 3rd) or trine (from 5th) ASC gives great pain threshold. People would say "I am OK" despite painful sufferings.

As far as role of Mercury is concerned, retrograde makes more tolerent.

Last edited:

07.Re

Aha thanks Dhundhun! Interestingly, my son has Rx Saturn (in Aries) sextile Jupiter -Asc and has an incredibly high pain tolerance....

dr. farr

I agree with Dhundhun regarding Saturn; Mercury would be indicated here if in its detriment or fall, or impeded by a blocking-quality planet like Saturn (Neptune also-Neptune has anesthetic qualities which may naturally dull pain)

freedomlover

My mother was told by her doctors that she had one of the highest pain threshold they'd ever seen. She had a Virgo Ascendant, with Ascendant ruler, Mercury in Virgo conjunct Neptune in Virgo in the 1st house.

I've lived with pain that most people would be on a constant diet of Vicodin for. The ruler of my 6th is Mercury Rx in Sag in the 12th house ( Pisces/Neptune influence here, too, since 12th house)