Unemployment and reassessing of my career

labelledujour

After a rather ill-fated interview (well, the interview by itself was excellent, it was my not being suitable for being a salesperson that was ill-fated), I realized that I have trouble fitting into any other profession than teaching. However, due to the recession, teachers are not to be hired for at least for the next 3 years, so I'm seriously considering to take the advantage of the Greek Universities being free of tuitions and study something else, or just find another job I could do with my field of studying (I am a Classics department Graduate). Of course ruler of my Scorpio MC is Pluto in the 9th house (university, philosophy, teaching). I even looked into my 6th house, which I'd associate with everyday jobs and guess what? Ruler of my Cancer 6th house is Scorpio in the 9th house! So do I have to be limited to 9th house options? Is the 9th house associated with DJing, which was the only full-time job I have managed to do all these years?

One final note: I am really, really, really awful at everything to do with finances, even though I'm astute at math. Yeah, I've even tried THAT.

I definitely appreciate your input and thank you kind people. I'm having a rather tough time, so any of your ideas is crucial with my job brainstorming.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_gina.31607.15016.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_gina.31607.15016.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 68

anoop.indirapuramghazibad

Gina,
What are your hobbies? I mean creativity/imagination? According to Vedic Astrology, there is a exchange of Venus and Moon (10th Lord and 7th Lord), Mars is also involved.
If you can use Venus, Moon, Mars and saturn to link your profession with foreign nations, market is global. If you can use.
Still I am eager to know your creativity side, certainly Classical is involved.

labelledujour

Gina,
What are your hobbies? I mean creativity/imagination? According to Vedic Astrology, there is a exchange of Venus and Moon (10th Lord and 7th Lord), Mars is also involved.
If you can use Venus, Moon, Mars and saturn to link your profession with foreign nations, market is global. If you can use.
Still I am eager to know your creativity side, certainly Classical is involved.

I'm currently learning bass guitar, but I have always loved to read books, write books and poems and talking to foreigners. I have always loved history, Ancient Greek, anything to do with foreign languages, and I tend to give perspective to foreigners for anything that's going on in my country. I have always felt like an outsider in my country, but I can't afford to migrate right now. DJing (I've been doing this every summer for 5 years now) and anything to do with radio and sound (I love driving my amps crazy and experimenting with sounds) do trigger my interest. Philosophy is insteresting, too, along with astrology. I've been doing tarot readings since I was 11.

In my holidays, when without the restrictive influence of my parents, I do tend to be a wandere rand first place I'm checking out everywhere I go is the bookstores, next the places where the good heavy metal albums are sold in very good prices, but I'm not fond so much of megastores, and last but not least, the places where the best waffles and crepes in town are made and I have the chance to talk to foreigners, lol.

Thank you very, very much, your question was a real helper to me.

Last edited:

anoop.indirapuramghazibad

I never said for migration, my point is to connect your creativity, music, art with foreign land, foreigners, you can make your career on your own. Try this, but you have to find out your hidden classical, creative talent and work hard.
Certainly you will get the results.

labelledujour

I never said for migration, my point is to connect your creativity, music, art with foreign land, foreigners, you can make your career on your own. Try this, but you have to find out your hidden classical, creative talent and work hard.
Certainly you will get the results.

I know you never mentioned something like that, but I just wanted to wish that I could migrate even for a while. I should definitely make good use of all that stuff, yes. Thank you very, very much, once again!

kittybaby

Dear Gina,

Please do not give up on teaching trust me close your eyes and three years will be over. You have wonderful aspects for teaching in your chart.

For the short term I would look at Pisces on your second house too pay the bills (and Pisces is very creative which could be connected to music). Healing of some type could help you earn money and improve your self esteem (Pisces in 2nd House). Working from home could also be a big thing with Sun, mercury and Chiron in 6th House in Cancer (again healing).I wonder if studying death and rituals or grief counselling could be a good idea for you. Also psychological healing with Scorpio on M.C and Moon and Pluto (maybe an opportunity to work with foreigners will present itself).

Having three planets in the 12 house in Capricorn brings burdens and responsibilities to do with spiritual healing of oneself and your life is very karmic. Again I think this is probably why you struggle with money too. Also expect a hard time when you have Saturn return around thirty financially and emotionally leading you to reexamine your identity (opposing your sun).
Your a talented communicator and love the arts (classics :joyful:) and next year should be a good year (lucky) for you if you focus on hobbies, passions and expressions.

Goodluck
I hope its been helpful

labelledujour

Dear Gina,

Please do not give up on teaching trust me close your eyes and three years will be over. You have wonderful aspects for teaching in your chart.

For the short term I would look at Pisces on your second house too pay the bills (and Pisces is very creative which could be connected to music). Healing of some type could help you earn money and improve your self esteem (Pisces in 2nd House). Working from home could also be a big thing with Sun, mercury and Chiron in 6th House in Cancer (again healing).I wonder if studying death and rituals or grief counselling could be a good idea for you. Also psychological healing with Scorpio on M.C and Moon and Pluto (maybe an opportunity to work with foreigners will present itself).

Having three planets in the 12 house in Capricorn brings burdens and responsibilities to do with spiritual healing of oneself and your life is very karmic. Again I think this is probably why you struggle with money too. Also expect a hard time when you have Saturn return around thirty financially and emotionally leading you to reexamine your identity (opposing your sun).
Your a talented communicator and love the arts (classics :joyful:) and next year should be a good year (lucky) for you if you focus on hobbies, passions and expressions.

Goodluck
I hope its been helpful

Hi deary!

Very wonderful insight in here. Teaching will always be my main passion. I have always thought of trying to help people who have gone through same stuff as me (alcoholism and depression). I have noticed that I have to go through some karmic cleansing before I go again into a big project or a career opportunity. I'm currently healing from depression. I'm seriously thinking that my 7th house SN in Leo (relying in others' approval) is playing a part in my financial struggles.

I would like you to define 'karmic', in what sense you mean this word that is. A lil' bit after Saturn return, trSaturn and Pluto in Cap will be conjunct my ASC, too. That shall be intense stuff...maybe that may mean I will change my identity and dye my hair pink, even though I may have been a mother until then?:surprised:

By Classics, I mean Ancient Greek and Latin Literature. So, maybe by next year, I will have managed to get into that post-grad (no tuition fees for it, btw).

I'm very thankful for your post, indeed!

kittybaby

When I use the word karmic I tend to mean stuff you bring with you from other lives, and I think that is found especially in the 12th house :) hope that helps.

Neptune Rising

I think now is an excellent time to study something else. Saturn is transiting your 9th house, making it an excellent time to concentrate on something like that. It is also preparaing you for when saturn enters your 10th house. This is just after conjunction to your Pluto. It may well be that your career truly starts to take off, during the Saturn MC/ 10th house transit. You have a similar aspect to me, Pluto just near the 10th house cusp, on the 9th house side. When Saturn conjuncted Pluto, I met a friend of a friend who asked me to cover her class (I also teach and had been studying my 2nd teacher training course during my Saturn 9th house transit). That was the start of my new career and I could finally leave the offices that I worked in for years and follow my heart of teaching.

Currently, progressed Moon in your 8th house may be encouraging you to do some self exploration, self analysis and understanding. Maybe in relation to your goals, philosophy/teaching and learning (9th house Saturn transit). Saturn in the 9th will help structure what you need to know, so follow your intuition and the first thing you think of - if that is to study, if that's what really makes your eyes light up, then follow that. Life will be giving you opportunities, this may be the one to study, at this time for a few years.

Just an observation, or astrological experiment, when progressed Mars (10th house ruler) as well as progressed Mercury, trines your natal Uranus, perhaps there will be some more opportunites opening up for you regarding your career. These will come through meeting with others (natal Mars in the 7th house of others).

It could be something creative, where you communicate also as Jupiter sits in your 5th house in Gemini. Teaching may also be an option for you as Pluto is quite strong there in the 9th house. Money, I can see why you may feel obscure about that as Pisces rules your 2nd house, but its conjunct Saturn, also in the Piscean 12th house. Maybe though this also means you make money through something creative, and making this into a business (conjunct Saturn). Moon rules 7th house, conjunct Pluto, which is positive for dealing with the public, I feel.

good luck!

Your strength is likely going to be in care-giving. It appears your life mission is to individuate while holding on to ideals. It is highly likely you somehow or another dropped responsibility where groups/ideals where concerned in a past life, and as a consequence the "capricorn" part of your chart where work usually hangs out moreso is more readily your "undoing" than it is a skill you possess. In other words, don't rely on capricorn, rely instead on cancer since you have a ton of it.

Teaching is one area cancer gets used in often--children and caring/for nurturing fits the criteria. I often seen heavy cancer in medical fields and sometimes in musicians. You might even be able to try to be a chef or something.

Instinct says you'd do better to try to embody capricorn yourself if at all possible such as owning your own business. When you do this, you should really, really, really, learn to meditate. In fact, if you want to work in ANYTHING capricorn related, you had better meditate your *** off, or your subconscious will likely tank you out of the starting gate. You need to do some spiritual digging--significant spiritual digging--mainly through meditation to find the capricorn pieces and slot them in.

Hopefully that helps you.

Fulcrum

When I use the word karmic I tend to mean stuff you bring with you from other lives, and I think that is found especially in the 12th house :) hope that helps.

South Node is in Leo VII too. Seems to be getting dirty looks from a Neptune sesquisquare, although maybe—maybe ameliorated somewhat by the Sun, semiquintile in Cancer VI.

Your strength is likely going to be in care-giving.

You might be on to something here, just looking at that VI house.. Sun, Merc, and Chiron in Cancer.

Maybe work toward teaching others about caregiving, or something healthcare-related..?

In fact, if you want to work in ANYTHING capricorn related, you had better meditate your *** off, or your subconscious will likely tank you out of the starting gate.

Oh, my, yes.

labelledujour

\

Thank you very, very much! It is spot-on, actually.

Your strength is likely going to be in care-giving. It appears your life mission is to individuate while holding on to ideals. It is highly likely you somehow or another dropped responsibility where groups/ideals where concerned in a past life, and as a consequence the "capricorn" part of your chart where work usually hangs out moreso is more readily your "undoing" than it is a skill you possess. In other words, don't rely on capricorn, rely instead on cancer since you have a ton of it.

Teaching is one area cancer gets used in often--children and caring/for nurturing fits the criteria. I often seen heavy cancer in medical fields and sometimes in musicians. You might even be able to try to be a chef or something.

Instinct says you'd do better to try to embody capricorn yourself if at all possible such as owning your own business. When you do this, you should really, really, really, learn to meditate. In fact, if you want to work in ANYTHING capricorn related, you had better meditate your *** off, or your subconscious will likely tank you out of the starting gate. You need to do some spiritual digging--significant spiritual digging--mainly through meditation to find the capricorn pieces and slot them in.

Hopefully that helps you.

Oh, the Cancer/Capricorn conflict has always been a toughie for me! There is that caring side, but the shrewd businesswoman one does take over! There is also that strong idealism, which manifests by my NN and Jupiter. During this downtime, I have been meditating a lot and I have found out my best Capricorn asset is my staying power and concentration. I only realized this today, in the midst of grieving over the loss of a family friend. Let's see what else may come out.

South Node is in Leo VII too. Seems to be getting dirty looks from a Neptune sesquisquare, although maybe—maybe ameliorated somewhat by the Sun, semiquintile in Cancer VI.

You might be on to something here, just looking at that VI house.. Sun, Merc, and Chiron in Cancer.

Maybe work toward teaching others about caregiving, or something healthcare-related..?

Oh, my, yes.

I do like helping people get through their rough times. Sometimes my 6th house elements make me a bit 'subordinate' to others, but I have grown tired of it. I do want to be my own woman and get together with people who share my ideals. Especially after being someone's subordinate for too long, I want to finally take matters by myself or along with equals.

Thank you very, very much, guys! I'm sorry for not having taken the time to tell you some stuff before, but I have no internet connection and I'm currently posting from an internet cafe!

labelledujour

I think now is an excellent time to study something else. Saturn is transiting your 9th house, making it an excellent time to concentrate on something like that. It is also preparaing you for when saturn enters your 10th house. This is just after conjunction to your Pluto. It may well be that your career truly starts to take off, during the Saturn MC/ 10th house transit. You have a similar aspect to me, Pluto just near the 10th house cusp, on the 9th house side. When Saturn conjuncted Pluto, I met a friend of a friend who asked me to cover her class (I also teach and had been studying my 2nd teacher training course during my Saturn 9th house transit). That was the start of my new career and I could finally leave the offices that I worked in for years and follow my heart of teaching.

Currently, progressed Moon in your 8th house may be encouraging you to do some self exploration, self analysis and understanding. Maybe in relation to your goals, philosophy/teaching and learning (9th house Saturn transit). Saturn in the 9th will help structure what you need to know, so follow your intuition and the first thing you think of - if that is to study, if that's what really makes your eyes light up, then follow that. Life will be giving you opportunities, this may be the one to study, at this time for a few years.

Just an observation, or astrological experiment, when progressed Mars (10th house ruler) as well as progressed Mercury, trines your natal Uranus, perhaps there will be some more opportunites opening up for you regarding your career. These will come through meeting with others (natal Mars in the 7th house of others).

It could be something creative, where you communicate also as Jupiter sits in your 5th house in Gemini. Teaching may also be an option for you as Pluto is quite strong there in the 9th house. Money, I can see why you may feel obscure about that as Pisces rules your 2nd house, but its conjunct Saturn, also in the Piscean 12th house. Maybe though this also means you make money through something creative, and making this into a business (conjunct Saturn). Moon rules 7th house, conjunct Pluto, which is positive for dealing with the public, I feel.

good luck!

I put your post in a separate quote section, because it was worth it.

Currently I'm studying for the post-grad program and I submitted my application a few days ago. What you said about the Saturn 9th house transit, sounds promising. If I manage to enter the post-grad, the Saturn transit to my 10th will occur in the final year (it's a 2-year program) or when I become a post-grad graduate. Let's see what shall unfold, because currently I'm at a crossroads. Creativity and ideals do make my eyes shine, while I'm not fond of materialism as much. For me, money is just a means of independence and fulfillment of needs.

I really want to thank you for this post, it did make me hopeful, especially in this tough (especially psychologically) time for me.

julia

After a rather ill-fated interview (well, the interview by itself was excellent, it was my not being suitable for being a salesperson that was ill-fated), I realized that I have trouble fitting into any other profession than teaching. However, due to the recession, teachers are not to be hired for at least for the next 3 years, so I'm seriously considering to take the advantage of the Greek Universities being free of tuitions and study something else, or just find another job I could do with my field of studying (I am a Classics department Graduate). Of course ruler of my Scorpio MC is Pluto in the 9th house (university, philosophy, teaching). I even looked into my 6th house, which I'd associate with everyday jobs and guess what? Ruler of my Cancer 6th house is Scorpio in the 9th house! So do I have to be limited to 9th house options? Is the 9th house associated with DJing, which was the only full-time job I have managed to do all these years?

One final note: I am really, really, really awful at everything to do with finances, even though I'm astute at math. Yeah, I've even tried THAT.

I definitely appreciate your input and thank you kind people. I'm having a rather tough time, so any of your ideas is crucial with my job brainstorming.

Be careful, Label, transit saturn will conjunct your moon...