How I hate being a Virgo Ascendant !

Alitta the Archer

Why wasn't I born with an Aquarius or a Sagittarius Ascendant ? Can someone please present me some redeeming qualities of having a Virgo Ascendant ? because honestly I can't think of a single one.
All we tend to do is over-worry and over worry and over-worry some more ! and of course, we always feel this frustrating urge to over-analyze every single freaking thing, why can't we just let be ? I hate being this obsessive perfectionist, it's not who I am !
And let's not forget the physical vulnerability thing, every time I get angry or nervous, my stomach goes all upset and I won't feel better until I throw up and upset stomach due to anxiety is proven to be more common with Virgo Ascendant than any other rising sign.
ah and there's something else, why do we always have to calculate and over-think every single thing before we say it ??? Why not be spontaneous for once ?
And imagine adding the curse of the Libra Moon to that and... Wow ! Could it be any worse ? of course it does as I get stuck with a Pisces descendant of all signs attracting alcoholics and drug abusers all over and over again.
My Ascendant squares my Sun and I can't help but feel that my Virgo Rising is somehow holding back my Sagittarius Sun.
Thank god my Sun sextile my Moon or things would've been so much more disastrous for me to handle.
The weird thing is I have a strong Sagittarius Stellium in the third/fourth house with Sun,Venus,Mars,Mercury and N Node all in Sagittarius yet I don't think I feel it as strongly as I normally should.
Any other Virgo Ascendants out there ? How do you feel about being a Virgo Rising ? Do hate it or does it suit you ?? Is it just Virgo or general thing of all Earth sign Ascendants ?

I've attached my Natal Chart below for those who want to take a look.

Attachments

• My Natal Chart.jpg
    My Natal Chart.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 129
Last edited by a moderator:

IleneK

Premium Member
I am just responding here to your ascending sign comments.

I, for one, really appreciate my Virgo rising. It makes one really sharp, discerning, able to cut through the ****, as it were, especially as you continue to mature in life. I am sure there is some worrying, but perhaps more self-criticism than worry, connected with Virgo. However, we might look to your Mercury and to your Saturn to explain a good deal of the worry and darkness.

First, Mercury, ruler of your Asc, is at a disadvantage trying to function normally, since it is in the sign of its detriment. Mercury's inclination in Gemini is like a butterfly gathering information. More breadth than depth or meaning. When it is in the opposite sign of data collection, that is, in the sign that coalesces information into principles or overarching ideas and philosophies, then Mercury cannot function comfortably or at its best. It can still function well, but not as it was intended. So there is an inherent discomfort for you having to do with your Asc, your essential being, because its ruler, Mercury, is operating under a less than harmonious influence.

But I do not attribute the worrying so much to Mercury in its detriment. Clearly, it may be partially responsible on some level with the thought patterns resulting from its Sag influence. But Mercury may be more the tail than the dog in this instance. The dog here [and I mean no offence to dog lovers as I am one] may be your natal Saturn, ruler of your 5th house of joy and fun and gaiety. Saturn is not acting in a distorted way due to its sign. Rather, it acts with strength, in the sign it traditionally rules. And Saturn is also very much connected with worry. This attribute is then intensified by natal Saturn's square to Pluto, it, too, strong in its dignity in Scorpio and ruling your 3rd house of thought and communication.

One manifestation of this aspect, from the 3rd house to the 6th with both house rulers in the houses they rule is an obsessive perfectionist. So you are one, and that is good to know. It is also good to know that there may be other ways to manifest both Mercury in its detriment and the Saturn Pluto square besides being frustrated and angry about it. And I truly have no doubt that you will find those ways because you have a highly discerning Virgo ascendant.

I am wishing you the best.

Alitta the Archer

Thanks IleneK for the reply :love:
I didn't mean to sound whiny, it's just that lately I've been truly frustrated by all the negative traits related to my Ascendant but I hope I will learn to temper them down with time and maturity.
I've always thought that my Mercury is the most well-aspected planet in my chart so it's really refreshing to see that it has its issues as well. About my natal Saturn, I've never been comfortable with Capricorn on the cusp of my 5th house and with Saturn squaring my Pluto that's even more problematic. My Pluto actually never gave any troubles, it's Saturn and Neptune that I have a hard time dealing with.

Zarathu

Account Closed
You have a Virgo ASC because that's what your higher self chose for you in this life, so that you could accomplish some growth in that direction.

You need to learn the lessons and skills represented by this natal position, or you will be presented with them again. You must look to the highest aspects of this placement and strive to BE THAT. I suggest reading Alan Oken's SOUL CENTERED ASTROLOGY. You will find that Virgo seen from a higher light will give you hope for a level of existence that your own Soul wants for itself and its personality in the three worlds of human experience(YOU) that will surprise and delight you.

Zarathu

Hey there!

Well, I pretty much agree to everything IleneK said - I love my Virgo rising. And this comes from someone who has mars right on top of the ascendant and a stellium in leo!

Of course, maybe it's because my sun is in virgo as well - that might be why I feel more comfortable with the energies than you. But ok, on the other hand: my moon is in pisces so it makes an opposition to my sun, and the moon it's in the 6th house so I do have the same inner nervousness as you described! And it's very much connected to my health as well, what you said about worrying and then having an upset stomach fits me to a T.

But I still appreciate my rising sign; it gives an excellent ability to cut through everything that's standing between you and what actually matters, and I love that people see me as smart, trustworthy and responsible. And I love that I'm analytical, and that people feel that there's no b*llsh*tting me! Also people with virgo rising generally are classy - not necessarily saying I am lol, but I know others who have the same and they always look poised, or at least comfortable, no matter what they wear. And often they have great posture; again, not saying I do, but I always make sure I don't slouch :) And I have never met a virgo rising that needs a lot of make up to look beautiful - and yes, that is a quality I have and I'm very relieved that I don't have to go through all that hassle just to look decent, lol.

As for the pisces descendant - that depends entirely how you choose to apply that energy. Sure it could attract the junkies, but it could also attract the poets, the philanthropists, the musicians and the kind-hearted in general. None of my boyfriends/crushes/dates have been junkies: they've been musicians, artists, even bankers (that guy in particular was a pisces with a leo rising and sag moon, so he was fiery but such a sweetheart)!

I think you're forgetting that nothing in astrology is only "good" or "bad" - all planets, houses and aspects present both opportunities and challenges. If you know you attract junkies you still have the choice not to date them, you know? I have heavy pisces influences in my chart as well, and with my moon in pisces I could've given up and been a full-time, self-pitying daydreamer, or junkie. I could've let myself get eaten up by my depressions, but I chose not to and instead I try to transform all of that potentially negative energy into positive. Therefor I am helpful, sensitive, creative and spiritual: all great qualities that can be found in pisces. You need to own that energy and make a chart work for you, because ultimately you are the ruler of your life. Your chart can be whatever you want it to be!

So basically - lighten up! Haha :) All the best!

DragnicDaelin

Hi there,

I've come to really love my Virgo rising. Much like Alitta I am Virgo rising with 4 planets in Sag. I however have a grandcross in my chart with my AC making part of it.

Incorporation of all the energies is key - she's best used for gathering information and filting through absolutely everything.

Being a Sag - I see and observe (analyze) is pretty fantastic if you ask me. We are beyond aware of the world around us. Constantly taking into mountains of information and she goes through it all.

Most people resist their rising sign, thinking it's horrible (especially as a Sag with our carefree attitude). The more I've learned to use Virgo the more efficient (yes efficient) and strong I have become. She does think too much and I sometimes want to hit my head against a wall just to shut her up but with control and endurance you can achieve great deals with her at your side.

I think your Chiron in the 12th house is creating some resistance with the Virgo rising.

wwfbader

I used to hate the fact that I had Virgo rising because everyone used to claim that Virgo risings were the lesser of physical beauty. Then I realized that not only was that nonsense, since I get compliments over my Libra rising friends but we never age! We are health conscious, meaning we live longer and are prone to good weight. We are responsible and even if we're not academically smart, we still seem smart to people. Libra moon doesn't seem that bad, I have a Capricorn moon- now that's bad lol :p. Imagine a constant pessimist whiner who complains how life is unfair. In the end everything has benefits and everything has its bad side

Prisma

...We are health conscious...
Translation: May have a very healthy medicine cabinet. :wink:

...prone to good weight...
True

We are responsible and even if we're not academically smart, we still seem smart to people.
And thus, atract smart people: good for networking & even genetics/ future family, if things go great.:cool:

...but we never age!...
Not quite... but may look quite good compared to others. :biggrin: (The revenge of the Virgos Asc.: class reunion edition).

What I have noticed is that, while younger, felt and people perceived me as older, mature, responsible, shy, etc... and the looks, well, we all have our rough times, but now as older, people perceive me sometimes as younger. Not bad.

But yeah, when the moody times, insecurities & worries of life come, it is felt deeply.

Last edited:

Katrilina

Hi, Alitta. I wanted to give you another view to check out and see if it resonates for you.

In Vedic astrology (and according to the birth time and place on the natal chart you provided), your ascendant is actually not Virgo at all--it's Leo :smile:. And your stellium is in Scorpio, not Sagittarius. However, in this chart, your moon is in Virgo, and in Vedic astrology the moon has even more significance than it has in Western astrology...meaning you do have a strong Virgo influence--just not necessarily through your ascendant. Your specific Indian moon sign (nakshatra) is "Chitra," which has its own character and affinities distinct from both Virgo and Libra, the Western signs over which Chitra falls.

I felt inspired to send you this information in response to your post because, although I've studied Western astrology much of my life (and still enjoy it very much), I've recently begun exploring Eastern/Indian astrology, and have discovered things that were never quite fully--or simply--explained in my Western chart. For me, the Indian version is starting to make more sense, and I thought it might for you as well, since your Virgo ascendant did not feel "right" to you.

Here's the link to the website I used; you may have to re-input your coordinates if the page refreshes itself. Hope you find it interesting.

http://www.prokerala.com/astrology/birth-chart/

Katrilina

astrology02

Virgo ascendants (and virgos in general) are one of the best signs for aging! When all your friends have wrinkles and are complaining of crows feet...you will be laughing :)

poyi

Premium Member
Totally is. I never hate my Virgo Ascendant, particularly after I turned 30 years old people would still ask me if I was a student. :tongue:

waybread

I have Virgo rising. It never occured to me to hate any of my chart placements. Ideally your horoscope feels like the real you, not an imaginary or wished-for you.

Virgo tends to be the critic and worry-wart, mostly out of a keen sense of perfectionism. In your case, I don't think the problem is Virgo rising per se, but the squares to your ascendant made by your sun and Mars, and then your squares to Chiron.

The key is to find empowering interpretations of Virgo rising. Helpful. Practical. Having a true spirit of service to others. For starters.

piscesfish

All we tend to do is over-worry and over worry and over-worry some more ! and of course, we always feel this frustrating urge to over-analyze every single freaking thing, why can't we just let be ? I hate being this obsessive perfectionist, it's not who I am !
And let's not forget the physical vulnerability thing, every time I get angry or nervous, my stomach goes all upset and I won't feel better until I throw up and upset stomach due to anxiety is proven to be more common with Virgo Ascendant than any other rising sign.
ah and there's something else, why do we always have to calculate and over-think every single thing before we say it ??? Why not be spontaneous for once ?

Do you know what I think is funny? I agree with every single thing you said. I also have it really rough, as my Mercury is besieged by my Saturn and Mars in Aries. Yikes.
But I actually like my Virgo rising.

I think that the neat thing about a Virgo ascendant is the way we come off. Sure, we can be a bit aloof sometimes when we're still in the process of analyzing the situation, but we always put care into our appearances and come off looking composed. I've known tons of people who have told me that I have it all, and while I know I certainly don't, I attribute it to my neat, perfectionist Virgo rising which is very concerned with presenting myself in the best way possible.

I also think being naturally analytical is a fantastic quality to have! As a student, being an analytical thinker is what allows you to solve complex math problems or dig deep into the meaning of a book. Think of how awful it must be to not have a natural inclination to dissect, interpret, and organize information! And in personal relationships, we can see through others very easily. We aren't usually easily deceived by peoples' facades because we're so used to examining the information they present before we accept it.

In short, there are plenty of reasons that a Virgo rising can be advantageous. Obviously, there are flaws, but every ascendant has its pros and cons! :)

lilithofeden

I have a Virgo ascendant. I have experienced the anxiety, worry, the minuscule flaws preventing something to be what I perceive as 'perfect' or 'perfection'. Yes, I admit to all of that.

Beyond that, though, Virgo's are hard workers. They set boundaries. We are organized. I always thought it would be so much fun to have a desk job so I could do paper filing and organizing when I was in grade school. LOL.

It has also helped me be health conscious. (I admit, a bit obssessive, but I can blame that on my Mercury conjunct Pluto in scorpio in the third)

Krewster

Looking at your chart Alitta, perhaps some of your described behavior/experiences might be attributable to the 45-90-45 triangle among Moon-Merc-Nept, rather than Virgo rising.

miquar

Hi. Its a useful reminder that we don't always click with our ascending sign. Its not surprising here, with emphasis on the positive signs from the second half of the zodiac - Libra, Sagittarius and Aquarius - signs which need freedom to pursue their idealistic visions of how society could be. Virgo symbolises needs which seem to clash with such visions - because it focuses on who one is as an individual rather than a member of society, and because it does so in a practical manner.

I'm sure you'll make peace with your ascendant over time. You're half way there by virtue of the fact that you are aware that you exhibit the behaviour that bothers you. Some people are oblivious to this and just project their ascending sign.

As Ilene has said, Saturn in the 6th house square Pluto says much about your issue with Virgo-type energy. It suggests that you are afraid of lacking the necessary life-skills with which to keep your life in order. Perhaps the next step in your blossoming is to get more in touch with these fears. Certain things like your plans or your routine being disrupted could trigger strong reactions in you, which are of course expressions of such fears.

Virgo is one of my favourite signs. Note how consistently useful and thoughtful Ilene's an Waybread's posts are, and that they were both born while this part of the zodiac was rising. The sensuality and attunement to nature which Virgo consciousness infers are a great asset to a fire air chart like yours.

Ebenia

I know this is a bit cheeky, but in Vedic astrology and sideral astrology you are actually a Leo rising...if that helps at all. ;) It does mean though that all of your other planets change sign (most of them at least) also. So I don't think that that is your problem but more of that your Ascendant is squaring your Mars-Sun connection and you have a Mercury in very tight conjunction with Rahu/North Node of the Moon.

Whatever Rahu touches, it expands and makes it worse, so this aspect makes you OVER-think. It can make you very intelligent, but also very worrysome and neurotic and make you believe in illusions (fears). However, this effect will lessen after the age of 30 and you will start seeing the positive side of it.

Last edited:
M

may28gemini

My mother is a Leo Sun with Virgo rising and she, unlike you, actually have a super loaded 1st house!! She has Virgo Venus on the AC. Here's her chart.

picture.php

She's always been thin, petite, well-kept/groomed, a neat freak, and total worry wart. I always thought the neat freak sort and worry wart-ism was a mother thing, but nope, must be a Virgo rising thing cuz she flips out over every little thing and it doesn't have anything to do with me or my brother :lol:

I don't know what "good" there is about Virgo rising other than the fact they tend to be well put together, good/pleasant people... at least to the world. In private, it seems like they get easily flustered and frazzled (like my mother) and overly analyze everything to a point oblivion rather just act. My ex-husband was also a Leo Sun with Virgo rising and with Virgo Venus on the AC (like my mother)... extremely handsome but he was insecure in the personal relationship dept (thought I would cheat on him and I never did). They need a lot of reassurance from others that things will be ok... which isn't the worst thing to need.

miquar

That's funny. Thanks tsmall. I never saw that first time round. Was a shame when inconjunct left the forum.