Is Jupiter really that benefic??

astropsychologist

Hi everyone,

Not been on in here in a while. But at my wits end at the moment, so thought i'd seek some advice. Ive had some pretty horrific Neptune transits over the past few years...it's been opposite my Moon, Mars and North Node in Leo and Jupiter in Virgo. Can't tell you how awful it's been, Ive lost so much confidence as a result. I keep thinking something has to change, there's got to be a break on the cards at some point.

I can see that Jupiter is about to cross my Ascendant and conjunct my Sun, trine my Moon, Mars, NNode etc in the next few months. Is this as promising as it sounds?? Is a Jupiter transit really powerful enough to lift me out of the Neptunian depression ive been in for far too long now?

Attachments

• My Chart.jpg
    My Chart.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 97

Vista

Hi everyone,

Not been on in here in a while. But at my wits end at the moment, so thought i'd seek some advice. Ive had some pretty horrific Neptune transits over the past few years...it's been opposite my Moon, Mars and North Node in Leo and Jupiter in Virgo. Can't tell you how awful it's been, Ive lost so much confidence as a result. I keep thinking something has to change, there's got to be a break on the cards at some point.

I can see that Jupiter is about to cross my Ascendant and conjunct my Sun, trine my Moon, Mars, NNode etc in the next few months. Is this as promising as it sounds?? Is a Jupiter transit really powerful enough to lift me out of the Neptunian depression ive been in for far too long now?

Jupiter by inself is very weak. Perhaps if it is making multiple aspects at one time it will be felt more strongly, however one aspect alone won't do much. You need to see what else is going on transit/aspect wise at the same time.

Olivia

I wouldn't expect a lot of Jupiter - in your chart it isn't all that benefic. It's detrimented in 6 (traditionally a bad house) and it rules your 8th and 12th houses, which are the other bad houses of the horoscope.

On the positive side, Jupiter is in aversion to the ascendant natally (it's not in Ptolemaic aspect to it), so it may pass by without notice at all.

I would think that the emotional disregulation comes mostly from the Moon conjuncting both its own node and Mars, though I'd see them more in 5 than in 6 because of the sign change, and Jupiter's retrograding into them.

Were/are home life, especially, and pleasure in general, romance, children big factors or concerns in the emotional woes and depression?

astropsychologist

Yeah home life, children, mother, work, money you name it were all big factors in the depression. And as for romance and pleasure, they've been nonexistant for about 2 and a half years now. Neptune wiped all my confidence and seeing as its now moving away i was hopeful that it might come back soon, but i just fell apart in an important job interview today, really disappointed in myself. Was hoping maybe Jupiter would restore some of my confidence or at least bring some luck my way. I feel very forgotten about and abandoned by God...I used to be a lucky person and things used to go my way....but not anymore.

natasa

According to my experinece, Jupiter IS a great benefic - it is in my 1st at the moment (the only bad thing is to watch for weight because of its expansion).
During this lucky transit I already see the difference in almost all areas but also it is more easy to overcome any difficulty.
I think that at the moment it makes a nice trine to my natal Jupiter, Sun, Mercury and MC (with the Stelium in my 10th).
So yes, I do see the difference.
Progressed Venus is in conjuction with my AC - I hope this and the next will be ``my years`` (or my 5 minutes).

Best

Olivia

You have Jupiter in rulership, don't you Natasa? Sagittarius, if memory serves? That makes a world of difference. Jupiter in Virgo in 6 - not a good Jupiter.

I don't have a great Jupiter either, though it's strong in my chart - I can usually count on it to make things worse one way or another. So much depends on what's in the natal chart, and for some of us, Jupiter isn't that great. It doesn't harm intentionally, but for some of us, it does harm.

astropsychologist

Thank you for giving me hope Natasa!
I know Jupiter isn't well placed in Virgo in the 5th but it's conjunct the moon, and trine the sun and ascendant, so that can't be a bad thing.

natasa

Yes I do - I am Sagittarius, Jupiter is also well placed in my 10th - in conjuction with MC, Mercury and Sun - I just ``radiate`` expansion and optimism (this is what people tell me - and it has also negative efect on some of them - beleive me - they receive it as over - confidence and arrogance). As far as career concerns - I am not satisfied with my career as much as I would like to be...

Anyway, in this case we are talking about Jupiter transit - which should be positive because benefic is a benefic... (of course, always having in mind the house it is transiting - if it is 1st for example, gaining weight isn`t a good thing).

Best regards

natasa

Thank you for giving me hope Natasa!
I know Jupiter isn't well placed in Virgo in the 5th but it's conjunct the moon, and trine the sun and ascendant, so that can't be a bad thing.

Of course... Think about retro Saturn in 6th... what would you do then...or Neptune in 9th (like mine - I studied from Music, Social Politics, Graphic design and generally (thanks to that fog from Neptune) - I searched myself in many many areas).
My Sun is in my 10th in conjuction with Mercury and Jupiter (ruler of my 10th and chart ruler) - I acctually live in my office and work all the time... I simply don`t know what is holliday and when I have few days to go in my country house - I don`t know what to do with myself...
Trine is in most cases better aspect then conjuction (as far as I know)...

Best regards

Rushwing

Jupiter isn't bad AT ALL in the 6th, 8th or 12th, it depends on the rest of the chart and what it aspects.

I with jupiter in the 8th people can be blessed with resources from other people and also are good healers (transformation, rebirth) I know one trust fund kid, and I also know a shiatsu massage therapist with this placement (jupiter in gemini in the 8th.)

Jupiter in the 12th means a person can really benefit from solitary meditation, and recording their dreams can result in great expansion.
They can tap into universal consciousness for great benefit. I know of a very very smart astrologer who wrote an entire book based on a dream. His youtube videos on astrology are just brilliant. . . he even talks about this placement and how important it is for him to regularly take solitude and prayer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKfycoE24ok

Jupiter in the 6th is the one I would say is a bit difficult, mostly because it is harder to feel direct results. . . but as someone with that placement, I know that when I serve other people, other people always benefit. . . and I always feel very generous and expansive when doing volunteer work for others. . whether or not they give back anything in return is the hard part. Additionally, my health is very good even though I don't always treat my body very well. . . Serving others is where expansion comes. . . so excuse me if I offer a little different interpretation .. . . :tongue:

IMO jupiter is where we can feel like zeus gazing magestically over a certain realm in our lives - whether we decide to be pissed off and throw thunderbolts because we aren't being properly worshiped is up to us. With jupiter in the 6th house, I realize I can tap into a "god-like" consciousness by being very generous with others.

I can guess that jupiter in virgo can cause a person to be very nit-picky about the way their expansion happens. However, they can let go of the critiscm their life force is actually very flexible and strong. . . if they just let it be. . . They may be called to specialize in some sort of service. . .and like I said its all up to the person whether to accept or surrender to their calling.

Last edited:

Olivia

Yes I do - I am Sagittarius, Jupiter is also well placed in my 10th - in conjuction with MC, Mercury and Sun - I just ``radiate`` expansion and optimism (this is what people tell me - and it has also negative efect on some of them - beleive me - they receive it as over - confidence and arrogance). As far as career concerns - I am not satisfied with my career as much as I would like to be...

Anyway, in this case we are talking about Jupiter transit - which should be positive because benefic is a benefic... (of course, always having in mind the house it is transiting - if it is 1st for example, gaining weight isn`t a good thing).

Best regards

But that's the point - a benefic is not always benefic. Jupiter is going to behave well in your chart, probably, because it's in rulership and on the MC. For someone who has it detrimented, in fall, beseiged, in and ruling bad houses or what have you, it can easily become what's called an 'accidental malefic'.

Every chart is individual, just like every person. But a planet is coloured by the sign and house that it's in natally, as well as by its natal aspects.

Rushwing

An extremely well aspected jupiter can become malefic if the person is unconscious enough about it. For example, if transiting saturn is opposing a jupiter in sagitarrius, a person with this occuring in their lives might become suddenly quite upset, since they are used to having a large and happy force suddenly become diminished/ conflicted and a sagittarian jupiter really does not want to stop the party at all. It depends on what else is going on and if the person is spiritually and flexibly involved in their personal growth especially with a sag jupiter.

Whereas a person with a more subtle jupiter - perhaps a retrograde jupiter in capricorn. . .difficut saturn transits would not feel like such a diminishment of their natural power - since they already do not rely to heavily on it having being forced to learn . . . Of course, they might not rise to the opportunity if they have a low self esteem, but it would not be a dramatic change from the norm. Depending on the rest of the chart.
:innocent:

Rushwing

Sorry, but i don't understand why everyone is saying my Jupiter is in the 6th , it's not, it's in the 5th and i very much feel it in the 5th not the 6th.

Sorry, back onto your issue. . .I was looking at it and I see that you have a conflict with the jupiter energy because it is shares the 5th house, but is in a different sign then the majority of your planets there.

This explains to me why you feel that it isn't a benefic, because its like a difficult partnership or a marriage or siblings trying to share the same space in a house.

Your moon and mars in leo are like arguing siblings with your jupiter in virgo - your emotions, your inner soul prefers life to be large, and dramatic and responsive to your generosity. . .a jupiter in virgo says . . .no you need to be more like a passive god/goddess and make your bold strokes quietly.

Having transiting neptune oppose so many planets must have been hard. . . this neptune was forcing some of the subconscious beliefs you hold about yourself into the open . . . as a result you have been doing more soul searching to get to know yourself.

Moon in leo has a need to be noticed, but jupiter in virgo requires expansion to happen in the background, with less feedback and more of a team effort. Think about practicality. . . and how people waste time by feeling they must respond with the proper level of gratitude, also ask yourself what you expect from people that you might not be getting, and how that might be turning you off from your creative pursuits - because you aren't getting the reaction you hoped for or giving yourself the right amount of interest to balance out the practical needs that others want fulfilled from you. Try to feed yourself the praise you deserve, if you feel you aren't getting it from other people, and don't stop being a playful soul.

Thats all. Let me know if that helps.

Last edited:

astropsychologist

Thanks Rushwing,
Yes I feel that tension between the Leo need for attention and the humbleness of Virgo. With so much Leo/5th house stuff in my chart and having sun in the 1st i guess ive always felt a 'specialness' about me or at least that was the message given to me by my family. But for the past few years ive felt the complete opposite of that, the neptune transit has made me feel invisible, unimportant, worthless. i just feel forgotten about and every effort ive made to try to improve my life over the past few years has come to nothing. I don't see the point in making any effort anymore, i'm so disappointed by life, i just want to fade into the background now, i feel i'm a fraction of the person i once was.

Lost_spirit

I can empathise with you feeling invisible since I'm currently going through a Neptune opposite Asc,Venus,Mars transit and I've never felt so useless in my entire life.Besides that,the last years of my life were totally uneventfull and boring.I don't understand why everyone keeps telling you that Jupiter is not a benefic for you.I have Jupiter ruling my 5th and 8th house and so far every Jupiter transit I went through offered me some great times in my life and it was usually the conjunctions that gave me that feeling.Jupiter conjunct my Ascendant,Venus and Mars was a great period of my life,worth remembering.When Jupiter conjuncted my Sun something I wished for came true.I notice this a lot,Jupiter grants wishes and gives opportunities,but also gives an inclination towards over doing it.Trines and sextiles from Jupiter were nothing special to me,I tend to notice conjunctions,squares and oppositions much more easily in my life.

Olivia

The reason that Jupiter is in 6 is because outside of equal or whole sign houses, the cusp is the most powerful point in a house, not necessarily the starting point of a house.

Some people use a straight 5 degrees, I use 7/5/3 depending on angular, succedent, or cadent houses, and it's a judgement call if a planet is retrograde or has to change sign to go into the next house. That puts your Jupiter in 6 by proximity.

Hope that explains it, anyway.

Rushwing

With saturn in virgo - you are being tested to learn ways of analyzing your life that are productive or not productive. Try not to be so serious. An over-reative saturn in virgo is like a father who is dissappointed in his child. Why be dissapointed for making mistakes or doing something which lead to a painful experience? You aren't being given a message by the universe that you are a failure - that's a message you give yourself . . .so stop doing that.

You just went through your saturn return I guess, which has transformed you as a person. Think of yourself as a vessel which has been emptied for new experiences.

"laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone."

People change because life forces them to. Don't think of yourself as less, but as more open to a new life because you have had to let go of old concepts of yourself.

For example, I have a lot of planets in virgo, so I am very analytical. As a high schooler, I was a nationally ranked cross country runner, with a great BF and all the best options. . . I wasn't very compassionate and open to other people though, and I was absolutely terrified of being seen a failure and angry with people for not accepting me and my flaws.

I had to go through a lot of hell, and reach bottom to realize what is really important in my life, and its not fame or success measured by the outside.
I also made some mistakes with relationships that still have me feeling like I am no longer fit for love. . .but that's only a mental concept for now that I don't have to think about lasting forever.

You are most likely loved by many people, do you think the people who love you think of you as "less" if they do, they don't understand the transformation you are going through into a new person.

I also a have a lot of scorpio in my chart, so I understand identity crises very well. . .

waybread

Jupiter symbolizes the principle of expansion. Jupiter can also show where and how you feel faith or optimism.

These are usually good, but when it transits into your first house, watch out for weight gain. Jupiter in the second (especially if it's doing something like squaring Neptune) can also be the optimism with which people overspend their credit card, thinking "something will turn up" to pay the bill. Then nothing does turn up and Saturn comes around later as the cosmic bill collector.

But astropsychologist, it would seem that your main need is to come to terms with Neptune, not hope that Jupiter will give you a rescue effect. A truism of modern astrology is that if you get blindsided by a difficult transit, chances are you haven't exactly mastered what that planet symbolizes in your life. Maybe do some research on Neptune, and develop empowering interpretations consistent with your chart. Note also that you are Neptune of your "inner sky"--it isn't just something "out there" trying to hurt you.

This isn't to say that crummy stuff doesn't objectively happen to people, and that we should all be Polyyanna-ish about it. It is to suggest that you take the small steps that you can towards consciously owning Neptune. (Transiting Jupiter trine Neptune and then your moon should be good times for this.) Otherwise, what will prevent you from getting hit all over again during your next hard transit by Neptune or to your natal Neptune?

Having said that, I think you should see life improve when Jupiter conjuncts your sun. Even if your material situation remains the same, you should at least feel better about it.

astropsychologist

Really? Its good to know im not alone in my feelings of worthlessness, this has been the hardest transit ive ever experienced. All that's keeping me going is knowing that i have some good Jupiter transits coming up. I don't understand why everyone says that it won't be good either....can't we have at least one planet that brings about good things?? If we can't count on Jupiter for that, what can we count on? Not Pluto, Neptune or Saturn transits that's for sure!