Home roots IC

Pisces IC here! I've always considered myself very lucky when it comes to family. We don't have serious conflicts and (in my close to 18yrs of life XD) my family has been extremely supportive, especially my dad. If i had to describe my relationship with my family in one word, I'd say peaceful. Quiet too at times. Also, I read somewhere that one with pisces ic might idealise a parental figure. This is definitely true for me - I look up to my dad very much. Home is generally a place of comfort for me :)

Thanks for contributing, IC describe home roots and circumstances, not usually parental relationships though, unless your sun or moon is conj IC. Do you have Neptune well aspected to your sun sign or saturn? Do you feel restless in home roots, cos pisces like gemini and libra are all rather restless, procrastinating and indecisive. I have gemini IC but don't feel restless cos I have sun, venus and mercury in 4th and moon conj 4th cusp

siamese_dream

Siamese Dream,
Libra IC ruled by venus but placed in 10th. Wherever venus is placed is where we get pleasure, give and receive love and affection and earn money by sign and house placement. I have venus in 4th and I call it 'bake a cake syndrome' likes to entertain, but mother and feed people, cos after all it is the domain of cancer. But libra is restless procrastinating and indecisive. So do you have problems deciding colours, decorations?

Problems with decision making? Yes, definitely...Sun in Gemini, so I am very scattered and enjoy lots of different things. I think that Venus in Taurus/Leo Rising makes me more stubborn than the average Gem, so once I make an important decision (which could take a while), I tend to stick to it! Thanks for your insights.

iwonder

My IC is in Taurus. No planets in th 4th. First thing that comes to mind about my childhood is stable. I've lived in the same town, in the same place until I was 19. My parents have been together for almost 40 years, and while I remember a few arguments, there were no fights. At least I didn't witness any.

Taurus should indicate material stability as well, I guess. We were doing all right, not wealthy, but had disposable income. We've always had our physical needs covered, and the rest my parents tried to use for education and travel. But anyway, I wanted way more than my parents could afford (who didn't? :joyful:) My Venus is in Virgo, so maybe that explains some prudence in my family.

My Venus is in the 8th. No idea what that means familywise.

Now my own family, I think, pays too much attention to physical aspects of life. In my opinion, we have too much stuff and bother too much as to what's for dinner. I think this is prudent Virgo Venus again, plus my Moon is in the 10th. But things are quite solid at home, whether I care or not.

Last edited:

starlink

I was also wondering how you could see if someone had a happy or traumatic childhood. Taking my 4th you would think, mmm..... Uranus. Like I said, connection with siblings minimal and this is also shown by my 3rd house, ruler Saturn who squares my Mercury absolutely exactly. I think we should always look at houses 3 and 4 in connection with one another as siblings belong to your family.

Traditionally Aquarius is also ruled by Saturn, so in my case makes even more sense to combine both.

Going a bit further, Saturn is in Leo, ruled by a very diblitated Sun in the 6th, in Taurus (shows maybe that my parents also stayed together until they died) but opposes Moon in 12 (showing tension between my parents which I only found out about when my father died and I found letters)and squares modern Asc. ruler Pluto. Lovely T-square in other words.

From this you would probably think that I had a difficult childhood and I probably had, but, and now comes the big "but", I can only remember being very happy as a child (except in school where I was pestered, but I never made a point about that, happy with just one boy and one girlfriend I had,) but in the family always felt happy, good relationship with both parents, never fights. I had a very good life, dad with good position, great houses, never financial trouble in the family, great vacations, you name it.

So am I denying unhappiness with that Moon in the 12th in Scorpio? (really badly aspected!)

Is my Jupiter conjunct the Ascendant maybe making me see things always from an optimistic side? Why is it that I can hardly ever feel realy close to someone even though I like them very much? I once had a much older cousin who told me she always felt so sorry for me and I was astonished when she said that. I never felt like a "poor me".

It has always, as psychological astrologer, fascinated me to figure out that 4th house (together with 3 and 12). Actually, the first quadrant of a chart reveals, I think, most of a persons character.

Last edited:

gimzo23

I like this thread. Moon conjunct IC in Libra here. The Libra for me brings a very big need for harmony, generally speaking, but especially in my home environment. I hate fighting, but even more, I hate to hear people fight. The same with watching and hearing people screaming at each other on TV. Bad vibes affect me and throw me off-balance rather easily, especially if they are lasting or recurring. Hearing a door getting a little loudly closed or slammed by a neighbor somewhere literally gives me a bad feeling in my stomach, lol. So, a peaceful and harmonious environment is very important for my well-being.

About my Moon conjunct the IC. Good relationship and close bond with my mother, and I feel very comfortable at the place where I grew up. I've also been inclined to put more energy towards my home and personal/private life than towards the outer life, which hasn't been very favorable for certain aspects of my life. The Moon ruling my 12th house and the Sun as ascendant ruler and final dispositor in the 12th might have something to do with this, too, though.

Starlink you said,
"So am I denying unhappiness with that Moon in the 12th in Scorpio? (really badly aspected!)"

Usually moon in 12th suggests some kind of resentment towards mother, or poss felt you didn't get enough nurturance from her. Depends on the aspects of course and which house cusp cancer rules....

I have aries ruling 3rd, mars placed in 5th sextile and cancer ruling 6th house. Moon in 3rd conj 4th, out of sign conj with sun taurus and taurus ruling 4th cusp. This might have suggested recreational activities with siblings (5th house mars) some effect with moon late 3rd may suggest some nurturance from/with siblings, but no.... absolutely nothing. My two older brothers just didn't want baby sister hanging around, they had their own friends and I definately wasn't welcome :innocent:

Maybe it's just the uranus square moon and sun which broke these connections. I really don't feel my parents had any kind of binding affect with family (sun/moon opp Neptune). Although my childhood wasn't unhappy with all that taurus going on and Gemini IC lots of activities, coming and goings, it was ok, but when my parents started screaming, shouts and arguing at top volume in my early teenage years it did affect my badly, so much so that on my 16th I walked out and became independant. I have to have peace and quiet and harmony in my own home roots, so much taurus 3planets really doesn't like too many ups and downs......

Also looking at family's synastry there is a decided lack of Saturn contacts and Saturn is the Cement between people, so maybe it just wasn't meant to be karmcially...

I think the IC does describe the home environment more, but as we all know you have to look at planets rulers and aspects to make the jigsaw fit...

Last edited:
Thanks for contributing, IC describe home roots and circumstances, not usually parental relationships though, unless your sun or moon is conj IC. Do you have Neptune well aspected to your sun sign or saturn? Do you feel restless in home roots, cos pisces like gemini and libra are all rather restless, procrastinating and indecisive. I have gemini IC but don't feel restless cos I have sun, venus and mercury in 4th and moon conj 4th cusp

Neptune is sextile my sun and doesn't aspect saturn or the moon. And yes I can relate to the restlessness and the procrastination :biggrin:. Can't really explain it, but I always find myself looking for something new and exciting to focus my energies on (and never getting down to anything long term)though i believe this trait could be caused by other aspects as well. Saturn was nearly exactly conjunct IC in my dad's chart when me and my siblings were born. Could this explain how we perceive him as a father?

smilingsteph

I was also wondering how you could see if someone had a happy or traumatic childhood. Taking my 4th you would think, mmm..... Uranus. Like I said, connection with siblings minimal and this is also shown by my 3rd house, ruler Saturn who squares my Mercury absolutely exactly. I think we should always look at houses 3 and 4 in connection with one another as siblings belong to your family.

Traditionally Aquarius is also ruled by Saturn, so in my case makes even more sense to combine both.

Going a bit further, Saturn is in Leo, ruled by a very diblitated Sun in the 6th, in Taurus (shows maybe that my parents also stayed together until they died) but opposes Moon in 12 (showing tension between my parents which I only found out about when my father died and I found letters)and squares modern Asc. ruler Pluto. Lovely T-square in other words.

From this you would probably think that I had a difficult childhood and I probably had, but, and now comes the big "but", I can only remember being very happy as a child (except in school where I was pestered, but I never made a point about that, happy with just one boy and one girlfriend I had,) but in the family always felt happy, good relationship with both parents, never fights. I had a very good life, dad with good position, great houses, never financial trouble in the family, great vacations, you name it.

So am I denying unhappiness with that Moon in the 12th in Scorpio? (really badly aspected!)

Is my Jupiter conjunct the Ascendant maybe making me see things always from an optimistic side? Why is it that I can hardly ever feel realy close to someone even though I like them very much? I once had a much older cousin who told me she always felt so sorry for me and I was astonished when she said that. I never felt like a "poor me".

It has always, as psychological astrologer, fascinated me to figure out that 4th house (together with 3 and 12). Actually, the first quadrant of a chart reveals, I think, most of a persons character.

Star:
I too have the same issue Star. I never felt like poor me either. Those that know about my past are like "you seem so normal, how awful" What you said about not giving into your emotional self is probably very true!
That would make sense Saturn rules the sun 6th, opposition to the moon 12th- Unable to give into your emotional self, saturn restricting your emotions.
I have Saturn in 7th ruling the seventh squaring my sun, which conjuncts my moon. Saturn places restrictions on my moon, as the energies act like one, and my sun is conjunct the fourth. So maybe I too am unable to really feel the emotional depth. Were you ever able to literally sit there and block out the bad, like in a trance, go into your own world and expell the rest?

What do you all think about this?
I was reading again in my favorite book I have cited here a million times, Aspects in Astrology the MC and the IC controversy. Here it states that the father is represented by the 4th and the mother the MC, I have always thought it to be the opposite myself.

Last edited:

elumen

I have also Aqua rising, Gemini on my IC, no planets in 4H but Moon squares it from the 7H. I always thought and it is confirmed in my experience that Mutable sign indicate duality or multiplicity for the house in question. So with Gemini on IC having two homes to grow up in. I grew up in my parents and my grandparents homes, splitting the time almost equally between the two. Also (a bit off topic) my MC is in Sag, and I have two carriers (3 to be precise :andy:). But as far as my childhood experience, my family was valuing intellectual development, both my parents are highly educated and very intelligent, we lived in a same place for 19 years, until my parents moved out and left me a room. Then I lived in this room until the age of 21, at which point I moved to the US. So not much moving around at all, but dual homes for sure. I have no siblings, but then my Saturn is in the 2nd conj. 3rd house cusp, so I feel it is working for the 3rd house. My teacher also used to say that where you find a trine with asc, is where person identifies oneself with. I have a trine between my 1st and 4th houses, and I feel very connected and nostalgic for my childhood and my home, yet, when I grew up, I left my country without much deliberation and has been living in another country for 16 years (2nd land).

starlink

Hello steph, you wrote:

That would make sense Saturn rules the sun 6th, opposition to the moon 12th- Unable to give into your emotional self, saturn restricting your emotions.

But I dont have that. My Sun is in Taurus and opposes Moon in the 12th and Saturn is in the 9th not doing anything to my Moon:). But a Moon in 12th conjunct Jupiter retro in 12th is what I think the reason for my behavior. I just dont allow my "Moon pain" or 12th house pain, also having Chiron there! to become too conscious somehow. Jovial Jupiter keeps looking at things from the positive side of course. I probably would have felt a lot more miseria if I had not had that Jupiter there. It also gives protection.

Seymour

I might put my contribute as well! My IC is in Cancer, but it is in the last degrees of the signs.I have Mars , Venus and Jupiter conjunct in the 4th house that are all in the sign of Leo. Each of them in opposition to Saturn in Aquarius 10th house . I've had many contrasts in my childhood with my parents, both mum and dad more or less. I still have some nowadays!! Strong Discussions, arguing, and disappointment...nothing really bad but lots of Nervousness Indeed

Moradiva

Hi All

What a great topic! I think my IC reflects my early childhood. My IC is 29 degrees Pisces. It is loaded with a stellium all in Aries (Mars conj AC): North Node, Chiron, Moon, Venus Rx, Sun & Saturn (a few mins shy of 5th). I'm the 3rd & last child & right from the beginning there were a lot of upheavals. (Which is also shown by another stellium on the MC).

Both of my parents are Pisces. Dad was/is an alchoholic (Neptune/12th). Mom never drank or did drugs but she is very spiritual & dreamy. By age 5, Dad left the family & no support whatsoever even though he made very good money. We were always getting by. Moved a lot. Mostly in the same neighborhood. Being that the stellium is in Aries, it's no surprise that my 2 sisters would fight on daily basis - sometimes violentily. I hated that.

It's also interesting that Starlink suggested we consider the 3rd house of siblings because mine is ruled by Uranus which is conj MC...both of my sisters were in a lot of ways my authority. And even though they are only 4 & 5 yrs older than me, they helped raise me. We have a great/tight relationship to this day because of those hard times, I think.

My natal is below if anyone wants to take a look :wink:

Attachments

• Moradiva Natal.gif
    Moradiva Natal.gif
    28.4 KB · Views: 29

enigmas

my experience

4th in saggitarius....in 4th house there are sun/neptune conjuction (on criticial 0 degree capricorn), moon, jupiter and on the cusp between 3rd and 4th there is mercury/uranus conjunction. Also saturn in 3rd house.

I was raised in bed enviroment, i can say i had traumatic childhood, issues with father who is his "neverland" world and also older brother. I was always faighting with my brother,like we are not siblings even now when we are grown up. I dont rember time when my parents were not yelling on each other, thats something normal for me now. Now i have big issues with my mother we just yell on each other, we can not comunicate normal, she just eats my nerves. Im very nervous around my family and in my home. Ma nerves are so tiny near her.

So what can i say, all this section of my life is nice described in my 3rd and 4th house.

R4VEN

This is a fascinating thread, and about a topic which really interests me.

I have IC in Aries, where its ruler, Mars, is very closely conj Neptune :ninja:, and both are conjunct the MC - all are squaring my Moon in Cancer in 6th. :sick:
There was a lot of conflict in my home, but 90% of it was either denied or suppressed, so it tended to burst out unexpectedly, usually in the form of my 3 older brothers bullying me, sometimes quite badly. Our parents acted like it wasn't happening. My mother had a kind of mantra which she repeated when it suited her; it went something like: "We are such a happy family." :eek: I chose to believe that because I liked the sound of it - I think that was Neptune at work! I have Moon's NN in Taurus in the 4th, so healing this whole issue is necessary before I can be whole.

The square of Cancer moon to the IC/MC axis creates a sort of love-hate relationship with both my family of origin, and any career I have pursued. For instance, I gave up my career to have children, and no sooner did I have children than I wanted my career back. Then when I again began working part-time I hated it and just wanted to be home again. And so on.

StarSeed

IC in Pisces, 4th house empty.

Happy family, very dreamy with much difficulty in bringing their ideas into action.

Total absence of boundaries (my mum used to open my mail, get in my bedroom and not knocking on the door, open my drawers etc), like if everything would belong to everybody. This lack of privacy made me quite upset in my teens (especially with a Scorpio ASC!)

My parents introduced me to music lessons from an early age and my first 17 years of life were marked by intense piano/accordeon/music theory lessons. They would almost oblige me to play for their friends and visitors and I used to see my artistic side more like a burden, as something I would have to accomplish for them to feel their monetary efforts justified.

I can say I was pampered and often idealised - I felt they would put their irrealistic expectations on me.

As a last note, all my ancestors (I thoroughly investigated my genealogy back to the 17th century) have always lived by the sea.

smilingsteph

Hello steph, you wrote:

But I dont have that. My Sun is in Taurus and opposes Moon in the 12th and Saturn is in the 9th not doing anything to my Moon:). But a Moon in 12th conjunct Jupiter retro in 12th is what I think the reason for my behavior. I just dont allow my "Moon pain" or 12th house pain, also having Chiron there! to become too conscious somehow. Jovial Jupiter keeps looking at things from the positive side of course. I probably would have felt a lot more miseria if I had not had that Jupiter there. It also gives protection.

Star I dont know what happened that week I was on this forum, I should have not even participated until this cloud over my head went away. I couldnt think to save my life, my head was full of nothingness. Sorry....

Anyhow oops :wink:

Elumen,
I never thought about it but Gemini on the IC, two lives? Or two separate homes...
I sometimes feel like I live two lives, sun, mercury in gemini on the cusp. People ask me okay what does twin one want today, then they ask about what the second one wants....I have such a hard time deciding things!
I have lived two lives, one who was sad/abused, now one who is empowered.
:whistling:

R4VEN

IC in Pisces,

As a last note, all my ancestors (I thoroughly investigated my genealogy back to the 17th century) have always lived by the sea.
StarSeed, I am also interested in the heredity factor, and how the 4th house describes this. In my own personal research I have discovered that when natal Chiron is in the 4th house the issues underpinning the wounding go back into the line of heredity.

In my own IC - in Aries - abuse (mostly subtle, but not always) and suppression of clever women has been cultural, and this seems to have been the case for several generations. That is, it appears to have been totally accepted and even accommodated. Looking back to my own family of origin, competition between members of the family - beginning with my parents - underpinned most family interactions. My siblings and I were all very sports-oriented, which was one way we expressed this energy in an acceptable way.

Arian Maverick

StarSeed, I am also interested in the heredity factor, and how the 4th house describes this. In my own personal research I have discovered that when natal Chiron is in the 4th house the issues underpinning the wounding go back into the line of heredity.

I know we have a thread dedicated specifically to fourth house Chiron, but I'm curious how you made this discovery. Does the "wounding" go back through the father's or the mother's line, or both?

Arian Maverick

R4VEN

I know we have a thread dedicated specifically to fourth house Chiron, but I'm curious how you made this discovery. Does the "wounding" go back through the father's or the mother's line, or both?

Arian Maverick
Just watching, listening, thinking & digging around.

As to which parent, it can be either or both. Frequently there is some secret - skeleton in the cupboard - like an illegitimate child, or a secret adoption, or something of that nature. One guy who was a friend of my ex-husband was brought up by his mother in Australia, although he'd been born in Germany during WW2. I eventually discovered that the reason he never talked about his father was that his father had been a Nazi soldier. In that case, it was the father, but often its the mother's line, or even both.
The nature of the `wound' is determined by the sign Chiron is in, but 4th house Chiron frequently describes some kind of unspoken shame within the family, and this is usually something which family members know about, but never ever speak about or acknowledge. I'm nosy, and I seem to be able to ask the right questions!!

noideaaboutastro

My IC is in Pisces - however on the relocation chart it is in Cancer. However I would say IC in Pisces fits me very well where I grew up even though I'd being relocated. I ran away from home at 14 and I remember walking on the streets at dusk watching all the windows in the houses light up, wondering what sort of dinner the mother was cooking and how warm it must be in there, and wishing they'd welcome me in. I do however feel more at ease with my MC in relocation - it's Capricorn rather than Virgo, and that is so much more me.

Omg and I just read in Astrology for Dummies that IC in Virgo suggest that you had a clean, neat home environment! I dunno.....that's my son's IC.......and they clearly haven't seen my house on one of its frequent bad days!

Hmm.....I don't think this IC thing really works...No offence to anyone. I just don't see it matching up. Unless other things come into play?

Last edited: