Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 01-20-2021, 06:23 PM

Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

I find Steve Bannon an interesting case study (psychologically speaking), because he TOO was born a Roman Catholic and attended Catholic schools before he graduated from Westpoint Military Academy. This is the same Academy where Bob Mueller's daughter graduated from and Mueller was said to have seen Steve Bannon in the White House at the beginning of the Trump Adm. and Bannon mentioned his daughter going to that Academy with so many men attending. What he meant by this I don't know but it sounded nasty.

Yet Bannon continued even after trump fired him, to go to both London and to Italy where he settled for some time, trying to build a Lenin type of atmosphere politically.

The biggest mistake he made according to Trump world was when he wrote in his published book, "Ivanka Trump was as "dumb as a brick" and he also put down Jared quite a bit. Trump distanced himself from his old ally ever since until the Pardon lat night. WHY did Trump decide to pardon him? He hadn't been convicted only indicted for fraud.

Probably as a payoff, imo. as with all the others who know and don't say .

Quote:
"Prosecutors pursued Mr. Bannon with charges related to fraud stemming from his involvement in a political project," the White House said in a statement overnight. "Mr. Bannon has been an important leader in the conservative movement and is known for his political acumen."
Bannon was charged last summer with defrauding donors to a ďWe Build the WallĒ group he was involved with that promised to crowdfund Trumpís promised border wall. Prosecutors accused Bannon of siphoning $1 million of donations into his own nonprofit. The charges laid against Bannon and his alleged coconspirators could have carried maximum of 20-year sentences.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...n-steve-bannon

Unread 01-20-2021, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
One of the difficulties as you say is that the querent can become conditioned by the reading, and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Obviously, we have free will, so we are never obligated to follow the reply given to us by a chart. What it should give us is insight, and perhaps knowing what the probable outcome would be of our actions, we can take "counter action" or prepare ourselves. They say "forewarned is fore-armed".
Then again, sometimes a chart is not valid and shouldn't be read. And of course some questions that should not be considered.
Also, in every chart there is a positive path that can be followed, and that has to be pointed out as well.
Don't give it up, maybe just take a step back for the moment.
Yeah I think it is more a reflection of myself than horary, the way I will use it is probably evolving into something more practical. I used horary and tarot a lot for insights into the future, like with people to find out where they are at but I just donít think I want to know anymore lol

I wonít give it up though. Iím just thinking about how I use it maybe. Although I wouldnít be surprised if maybe I just decided itís better not to know at all. I donít know.
Unread 01-21-2021, 10:11 PM

Today is the 21st day of the 21st year of the 21st century. Or, you know, Thursday.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ukpoohbear For This Useful Post:
david starling (01-22-2021), ElenaJ (01-21-2021), leomoon (01-21-2021), Osamenor (01-23-2021)
Unread 01-22-2021, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Yeah I think it is more a reflection of myself than horary, the way I will use it is probably evolving into something more practical. I used horary and tarot a lot for insights into the future, like with people to find out where they are at but I just donít think I want to know anymore lol

I wonít give it up though. Iím just thinking about how I use it maybe. Although I wouldnít be surprised if maybe I just decided itís better not to know at all. I donít know.
I have way better success with horary for MYSELF when it is something really, really important, not one in a series of things that together would be important. But I can answer the latter questions for others to some extent, and they can sometimes do so for me. There are rules for horary which kind of help tell the difference.
Thereís still the OMG WHAT is going to happen to me in 7 units panic.
Cards just lie to your face. Unless there are rules I missed.
The Following User Says Thank You to passiflora For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (01-22-2021)
Unread 01-22-2021, 06:10 AM

Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
I have way better success with horary for MYSELF when it is something really, really important, not one in a series of things that together would be important. But I can answer the latter questions for others to some extent, and they can sometimes do so for me. There are rules for horary which kind of help tell the difference.
There’s still the OMG WHAT is going to happen to me in 7 units panic.
Cards just lie to your face. Unless there are rules I missed.

This is a rather uncomfortable topic: Was your astrological election-prediction correct?

I'm bringing it up here, because of what you said about a question being about "something really, really important".

Looks like a Horary prediction would have worked for me, because it wasn't just a particular astrological technique that was the issue, it involved my entire astrological World-view, Aquarian Age and the Grand Conjunction in Aquarius included.

This meant that for me, personally, it had to be a new President. Not Biden necessarily, but not a continuation of the old, Saturn in Capricorn Administration.

I also saw the Solar Eclipse on the exact day the Electoral College met as obviating against a second term for the incumbent.

But, eclipses are somewhat unpredictable in their effects, and I could have just happened to guess it right. If I'd gotten it wrong, I probably would have blamed it on the "way the ball bounced" due to the eclipse. So, from that point of view, it just took a lucky bounce from my perspective.

Last edited by david starling; 01-22-2021 at 06:14 AM.
Unread 01-22-2021, 06:29 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
But, eclipses are somewhat unpredictable in their effects, and I could have just happened to guess it right. If I'd gotten it wrong, I probably would have blamed it on the "way the ball bounced" due to the eclipse. So, from that point of view, it just took a lucky bounce from my perspective.
Maybe the ball could've bounced either way as far as the stars were concerned. It was human actions that made it bounce the way it did.

There are many people who were involved in the election process and could have made different decisions. If enough of them had made different choices, we might have had different results.

The stars impel, not compel, and what they impel us to can be steered.
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Want my input on your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
Unread 01-22-2021, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Maybe the ball could've bounced either way as far as the stars were concerned. It was human actions that made it bounce the way it did.

There are many people who were involved in the election process and could have made different decisions. If enough of them had made different choices, we might have had different results.

The stars impel, not compel, and what they impel us to can be steered.
My attitude is, that, "wild card" Eclipse on that particular day aside, an astrological prediction should have covered all of the factors involving the actual Election itself. I see an astrological prediction as an attempt at a type of prophecy.

That would have included the illegal foreign interference in the 2016 Election as well.

I read that the Evangelicals who prophesied wrong are being labeled "false prophets" by other Evangelicals! Of, course, they couldn't be expected to have considered the eclipse to be a "December Surprise", that could have misled them in their absolute certainty.

Last edited by david starling; 01-22-2021 at 06:54 AM.
Unread 01-22-2021, 06:54 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
My attitude is, that, "wild card" Eclipse on that particular day aside, an astrological prediction should have covered all of the factors involving the actual Election itself. I see an astrological prediction as an attempt a prophecy.
Sure, but astrological predictions are open ended. The same transits to your natal chart can spell a new relationship or a breakup, for instance. Or a big win or a big loss.
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Want my input on your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
Unread 01-22-2021, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Sure, but astrological predictions are open ended. The same transits to your natal chart can spell a new relationship or a breakup, for instance. Or a big win or a big loss.

Same thing go for Horary?

Btw, are you allowed to update me on tsmall?
Unread 01-22-2021, 07:34 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Same thing go for Horary?
I'm no expert on horary. I'll defer to the experts.

Quote:
Btw, are you allowed to update me on tsmall?
Allowed, but I know nothing.

The Following User Says Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
david starling (01-22-2021)
Unread 01-22-2021, 01:59 PM

Quote:
This is a rather uncomfortable topic: Was your astrological election-prediction correct?

I'm bringing it up here, because of what you said about a question being about "something really, really important".

Looks like a Horary prediction would have worked for me, because it wasn't just a particular astrological technique that was the issue, it involved my entire astrological World-view, Aquarian Age and the Grand Conjunction in Aquarius included.

This meant that for me, personally, it had to be a new President. Not Biden necessarily, but not a continuation of the old, Saturn in Capricorn Administration.

I also saw the Solar Eclipse on the exact day the Electoral College met as obviating against a second term for the incumbent.

I didnít cast a horary for the election because itís easier to get horary success purely based on rules, by using the rules as much as possible. Iíd say I donít have standing to ask the question as just a US voter (especially in a state where electoral votes are known to be not in question). The reason is, not having enough skin in the game to know how to interpret the significance of a multi-valent symbol.

The outers, for example, which always throw me off, have heavier multiple meanings because theyíre so slow. When your question is bound up with one of those multiple meanings, how do you sort that out from what the planet ďis trying to do in the chart.Ē (It kinda seems in a valid horary, which is just a random, egocentric (because cast by a mind) science experiment, planets have agency and are trying to do things.) Is Neptune óa virus? A misunderstood biological entity? A pharmaceutical drug? A manipulated study? A manipulated story about a manipulated study about a manipulated virus? How was it manipulated - by Instagram, a science writer, or by a biotech warfare lay laborer? An inexplicably selfless being who asks only your salvation? How does Neptune even behave in horary when traditionally speaking itís not part of the rule set? OMG, exhausting, and likely to be incorrect.

Now you could probably get better results with Mundane, and there I feel it takes a LOT of experience and commitment to some neutral system that takes you out of partisanship. Your system does that for you and your take above sounds fair, you know? I didnít make a Mundane prediction, IMO these things are out of the depths of most people who havenít crossed second Saturn return or have lifelong study of world history and astrology from other angles.
The Following User Says Thank You to passiflora For This Useful Post:
david starling (01-22-2021)
Unread 01-23-2021, 04:11 AM

Dave, I notice you have less of an interest in astrological or more abstract conversations recently. I'm actually in a similar boat these days. In terms of the astrology, you think it has to do with Saturn's sojourn in Aquarius, effecting yours and my moon placement?
Unread 01-23-2021, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Dave, I notice you have less of an interest in astrological or more abstract conversations recently. I'm actually in a similar boat these days. In terms of the astrology, you think it has to do with Saturn's sojourn in Aquarius, effecting yours and my moon placement?
I've have less interest in explaining my astrological precepts.

I'm close to leaving political arguments behind, now that the Election psyco-drama is winding down.

I'll know more about the Saturn transit to my Natal Moon when it gets within 3 to 5 degrees. How close is yours?

One thing I haven't mentioned is the powerful emotional impact I felt during the transiting Sun/Pluto conjunction in Cap. Wow! I had to check to see where it was coming from, since I hadn't been expecting it.
Unread 01-23-2021, 04:38 AM

Mines gonna be later than yours, since it's near the end of Aqua. IIRC, yours is in the middle degrees of the sign. Although I subscribe to the view that planets ingressing in a sign affects the planets located therein regardless of orb, of course with the intensity of effect increasing the closer the orbs get.

The conjunction mirrors mine in the previous sign, but I didn't feel much in the way of high emotional impact. A cancelled meetup that made me suspicious, which I suspect would tick people's boxes of a Plutonian event.

What kind of energy did the conjunction unearth in you?
Unread 01-23-2021, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Mines gonna be later than yours, since it's near the end of Aqua. IIRC, yours is in the middle degrees of the sign. Although I subscribe to the view that planets ingressing in a sign affects the planets located therein regardless of orb, of course with the intensity of effect increasing the closer the orbs get.

The conjunction mirrors mine in the previous sign, but I didn't feel much in the way of high emotional impact. A cancelled meetup that made me suspicious, which I suspect would tick people's boxes of a Plutonian event.

What kind of energy did the conjunction unearth in you?
Manic-Depression and chaotic dreaming. It started a day before, and wore off a day after.

In 24 hours, the Sun will conj Saturn. I'll be checking that effect for the next 48 hours. I'm expecting something regarding a need to exert extra willpower, rather than trusting to luck.

I'm talking about the transiting conjunctions themselves, but I'm sure that having Natal Pluto in Leo explains my extreme reaction to a transiting Sun/Pluto meeting.

Last edited by david starling; 01-23-2021 at 04:52 AM.
Unread 01-23-2021, 05:00 AM

Yeah, that's definitely a very strong emotional reaction. It was temporary, right? I think that was also the day you said you'd take a rain check from the forum until the inauguration.

Still not a fan of Saturn? To my ears an extra exertion of willpower is good, but maybe I underrate Mars' effect on my personality.

Sun/Pluto is consistent for you? I remember two consecutives years starting in 2011, I stayed awake beyond 36 hours during the exact day of the Sun/Pluto conjunction. I felt simultaneously husked out and energized. It was like being the tip of a scorching arrow.
Unread 01-23-2021, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Yeah, that's definitely a very strong emotional reaction. It was temporary, right? I think that was also the day you said you'd take a rain check from the forum until the inauguration.

Still not a fan of Saturn? To my ears an extra exertion of willpower is good, but maybe I underrate Mars' effect on my personality.

Sun/Pluto is consistent for you? I remember two consecutives years starting in 2011, I stayed awake beyond 36 hours during the exact day of the Sun/Pluto conjunction. I felt simultaneously husked out and energized. It was like being the tip of a scorching arrow.
I also have Saturn in Leo, although inconjunct Pluto.

I've always relied on Saturn as a temporary source of extra willpower for emergency use only.

What Sign is your Natal Pluto?
Unread 01-23-2021, 05:16 AM

The extreme beginning of Sagittarius. The final ingress of Pluto into the sign occured within a week of my birthday.
Unread 01-23-2021, 05:25 AM

Quote:
The extreme beginning of Sagittarius. The final ingress of Pluto into the sign occured within a week of my birthday.
Well, the constellational image of Sagittarius has the Archer pointing its arrow at Antares, the "heart" of the constellational image of Scorpio, which most Western astrologers believe is ruled by Pluto.

Last edited by david starling; 01-23-2021 at 05:29 AM.
Unread 01-23-2021, 05:34 AM

Any opinions on constellation-centred astrology?
Unread 01-23-2021, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Any opinions on constellation-centred astrology?
The imagery is allegorical information for me.

Are you talking about unequal length Signs based on the perceived boundaries of the constellations?

I stick to equal, 30 degree Signs, for both tropical and sidereal zodiacs.
Unread 01-23-2021, 05:47 AM

Yeah, as well as a focus on fixed stars as primary markers of astrological information. Leomoon uses a lot of it, and I've also seen less than 3 Astrologers online who focus solely the constellation & fixed star format. It's rich in imagery and allegory so I see the draw, but there's not much in the way of easily accessible information on the branch.
Unread 01-23-2021, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Yeah, as well as a focus on fixed stars as primary markers of astrological information. Leomoon uses a lot of it, and I've also seen less than 3 Astrologers online who focus solely the constellation & fixed star format. It's rich in imagery and allegory so I see the draw, but there's not much in the way of easily accessible information on the branch.

The transiting stars have Precessional, tropical positions, so sidereal isn't the only way to locate them.

They also have their own unique meanings, which in most cases can be used independently from the constellations they configure.

Last edited by david starling; 01-23-2021 at 06:14 AM.
Unread 01-23-2021, 06:55 AM

On a random note, when it comes to the death penalty, Jamaica is far more civilized than the U.S. So are most other countries.
Unread 01-23-2021, 08:09 AM

Quote:
On a random note, when it comes to the death penalty, Jamaica is far more civilized than the U.S. So are most other countries.
As opposed to what? Letting cold blooded killers roam the streets and slaughtering innocent people?

Trump did the right thing by finally giving justice to the victims grieving families