An Artist in the Making

espi3479

What aspects and or house would a planet be placed in to give an individual the talent of an artist or good drawer?

I am guessing it would have something to do with the planet Neptune or Uranus and or Pisces and the 12 house? I could be wrong.

Any thoughts? :smile:

Janus

I'm not sure, but since I'm frequently called a 'good drawer' by others, you can have a look at my chart if you like and see if you can find anything (attached at the bottom).

Also here is a link to Leonardo Da Vinci's chart, which I've looked at a bit before: http://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Leonardo_da_Vinci.

Moog mentioned a strong Venus was something to look out for. Notice he has Venus in Taurus in the 6th House, and Venus is also the Ruler of the 6th House in the 6th House. Also, Venus is trine to Neptune (another possible artistic planet) which is in Libra and the 10th House, as well as being trine to his MC. . Plus, his Sun is in the 5th House (The house of creativity). As you may know, Da Vinci was somewhat of a 'good drawer' :p amongst other things...

I just noticed a couple of things in my own chart that are similar to Da Vinci's! Yay! I also have Venus in the 6th House (though some would count it as being in the 7th House). My Venus also trines my MC, like Da Vinci's. Coincidence? Possibly...possibly not :happy:.

I could show you a drawing or two of mine if you like, I don't have any on my computer at the moment so I would have to upload some.

Attachments

• MyChart2.jpg
    MyChart2.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 64

Judy_AzVirgo

Venus dominant in a chart can be a marker... Picasso had Venus in Libra as his dominant planet.

Then there's Vincent Van Gogh, with Venus exalted in Pisces in his 10th. Also Neptune in Pisces, but no aspect between them.

Some artists do have a strong Venus-Neptune aspect. Aside from DaVinci, there's Cezanne, Dali, Wyeth, many others. I see Venus-Neptune contacts a lot with graphic designers and other commercial artists. Sometimes you'll see an aspect from Venus to the Midheaven.

This subject would be another terrific opportunity for research to see what other common markers are involved in artists' charts.

espi3479

Well I have 3 aspects between Venus in the first house.
Venus conj. Neptune (Cap)
Venus (Cap.) conj. Uranus (Aqua.)
Venus conj. Mars (Cap.)

People always tell me I'm a great drawer Hahah I love to draw! I have an amazing imagination (moon pisc )

Hmmmm ... lol

Moog

Look for a north nodal connection with Venus. Aspects are 5th from/7th from/9th from. Some also use 2nd from.

It's all a matter of some dispute. Some reckon the nodes cast no aspects

Janus

My Venus trines my North Node! Hehe!

Espi, perhaps post your chart so we can have a look and see if you have any artistic elements in your chart?

espi3479

Look for a north nodal connection with Venus. Aspects are 5th from/7th from/9th from. Some also use 2nd from.

It's all a matter of some dispute. Some reckon the nodes cast no aspects

I don't have any north nodal connections with Venus in my chart and I don't have any aspects with the 5th/7th/ or 9th house, but I do have aspects with my second house and stuff. My charts below if you want to take a look.

Attachments

• Espiranza's Phone 680.gif
    Espiranza's Phone 680.gif
    62.6 KB · Views: 79

Janus

Thanks for posting your chart, I'm going to have a go at reading it.

You have Venus, Neptune and Uranus conjunct each other in your 1st house. A stellium! Yay! I think stelliums are meant to have a prominent role in the whole birth chart, so this aspect is probably quite important in your chart.

Witht Neptune (Imagination) conjunct Uranus (Originality/Uniqueness), you probably have a unique and interesting imagination. With both of these conjunct Venus (Beauty/Eye for Beauty, Visual Arts), this will show through your artwork.

Your Moon is in Pisces, which is probably another good boost for imagination. Pisces seems to be involved quite a bit with artistic people, and Da Vinci had Moon in Pisces as well. Also your Moon is trine your MC, which may affect your eventual career somehow.

The ruler of your 5th house is in your 12th House - I saw this aspect in Salvador Dali's chart. He often painted images from his dreams/subconscious

I just noticed you have Mars conjunct your Venus and Neptune. How that factors unto it I do not know.

Can we see some of your drawings?

Horus

The creative/artistic signs are usually Leo, Libra, Taurus, and Pisces so look for planets and the AC/MC in those. Look for planets in the 5th house. Look for the Sun, Venus and/or Mars to aspect Neptune.

I'm a visionary artist, and I used to be a graphic designer/commercial artist for a while too. I've been drawing (off and on) since I was five years old.

I have:

1) A Libra MC and Mars both conjunct Uranus
2) Venus conjunct Neptune
3) Taurean Saturn in the 5th House. This is asking for structure and discipline in the creative life, and many artists (of different types) had it from Mozart to Mucha. It's a singleton so sometimes it gives me blocks too.

As for the Lunar Nodes, only the South Node tells you what you are bringing into this life from the past. Perhaps a SN aspecting Venus or in a creative sign, or its ruler in such might indicate telents bleeding though from the prior incarnation. [Remember- a planet trine to one node is sextile to the other node and vice versa]. I have a North Node in Pisces telling me that my soul growth comes from walking the path of the visionary, but that doesn't confer anything --it's my other placements that support that.

An old friend of mine -who is a successful artist- has Taurean Jupiter in the 5th house, and Mars in Pisces the latter of which Vincent Van Gogh had. She is an Aries too like Van Gogh, and was even reproducing his works for a while, being a huge admirer and feeling an affinity with him. When I showed her how closely her chart resembles his, she was amazed!

Last edited:

Belle Lune

It is very interesting that people are mentioning famous artistic people with planets in the 6th House. I was looking at John Lennon's chart, and also others that have been mentioned here, and found that they have many planets in the 6th house. And I realized that I think their role was to "heal the world", through their talents. (6th house symbolizing healing).

Belle Lune

Just on a side note, I think apart from mentioned above:

1)Pisces conjunct Uranus;
2)Planets in Aquarius;
3)Mercury conjunct Neptune;
4) Planets in 5th house and I found many famous people with planets in the 3rd house

espi3479

Thanks for posting your chart, I'm going to have a go at reading it.

You have Venus, Neptune and Uranus conjunct each other in your 1st house. A stellium! Yay! I think stelliums are meant to have a prominent role in the whole birth chart, so this aspect is probably quite important in your chart.

Witht Neptune (Imagination) conjunct Uranus (Originality/Uniqueness), you probably have a unique and interesting imagination. With both of these conjunct Venus (Beauty/Eye for Beauty, Visual Arts), this will show through your artwork.

Your Moon is in Pisces, which is probably another good boost for imagination. Pisces seems to be involved quite a bit with artistic people, and Da Vinci had Moon in Pisces as well. Also your Moon is trine your MC, which may affect your eventual career somehow.

The ruler of your 5th house is in your 12th House - I saw this aspect in Salvador Dali's chart. He often painted images from his dreams/subconscious

I just noticed you have Mars conjunct your Venus and Neptune. How that factors unto it I do not know.

Can we see some of your drawings?

Very interesting and I would say you got it right on explaining my chart :biggrin:
Here are some of my pictures I drew.

The first picture I drew was just something I thought of and immediately put on paper.

The second one is of course a tree hahah
and
The third one is of George Harrison I drew

Attachments

• Drawing 2.jpg
    Drawing 2.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Drawing.jpg
    Drawing.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 68
  • George Harrison.jpg
    George Harrison.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 75

Janus

Very cool, I especially like the first one!

I'm drawing a zodiac themed picture, I'll upload it when I'm finished.

espi3479

I've also thought about doing something with a zodiac theme XD I bet the picture will turn out great! I would like to see it when it is uploaded

Cascada

I'm quite creative and imaginative, but I don't know if I'm good at being artistic (if that makes sense...)

I have my Neptune/Uranus exact conjunction in the 5th, contacting everything (including asc. and mc) except Mars, Moon and Saturn.
Venus is my dominant planet (well, that's if you trust astro.com). It had like 15% dominance, and the next dominant planet was like 11% so I guess the site can't be far off if the gap is that much.
I read into my Sun/Moon combo and it said that it's supposed to make me artistic? I don't know. I have Libra sun (conjunct Jupiter) and moon.
I'm a Leo rising, which I've seen in a lot of artists (as well as Pisces and Sagittarius rising which I've seen a lot of). I don't know if that means anything.
I have Venus in 2nd, showing that I COULD make money through arts, maybe. Venus also rules my third house of communications and my tenth house of career.

Anyways.... I think it's linked to the 5th house (for performing arts) and 12th (for that real in-depth kind of arts and imagination). I'd take a guess that if these houses are empty, a lot of Leo or Pisces (or, to some extent, venus signs and aquarius) could make a good artist/creative person.

Just my thoughts :joyful:

edited: oops, how silly of me to forget Venus exalted in Pisces! I guess people with this placement have potential to be quite artistic. I'm jealous of this placement, I want it...

Someone with Neptune dominant could be artistic, hypothetically, and Sun dominant people could be quite creative.

OHH and the all important aspects: Neptune in contact with Venus is a big one I've seen. Venus and Pluto. Venus and Uranus. Aspects involving these planets could add to the potential.

AND you're a really good drawer! Okay, I'll shush now.

Last edited:

Horus

What about natal Pluto in the 5th house?

Any planet -even outer, transpersonal ones like Pluto- will energise the house in which they are placed. The quality of the energy depends on the planet (e.g. power, transformation) and the nature or style of it depends on the sign.

Claire19

Artistic endeavours belong with Venus and any strong Leo planets especially in the 5th or connnected for the expression of individual creativity which includes the performing arts. Libra as ruled by the Yang Venus is for aesthetic appeal, sense of proportion and harmony and that which is pleasing to the eye. Taurus being ruled by the ying Venus would tend towards pottery,horticulture and that which is practical beauty. Venus with Neptune or Pisces would incline towards ballet, subtle and ethereal art and that which may be spiritual or mysterious. Uranus would lend to electronic and experimental music for instance and using technologies to create works of art such as computer generated graphics and images.