Another "interpret my natal chart"

karnog

I just joined 2 minutes ago but i'm guessing this is where the newbies announce their arrival? No? Kindly tell me where to post or move it their (and tell me where).

This is my birth chart with the most accurate time i can get my hands on. I'm mainly interested in the romantic and personality section but feel free to post anything you see.

EDIT: I've noticed that the link works sometimes but most times doesn't. As a result i'll give you the details of the birth times (apology for such a hinderance).
January 11th, 1990
Time: 09 17 AM
http://www.alabe.com/cgi-bin/chart/astrobot.cgi?Y

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_karno_hp.42765.22048.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_karno_hp.42765.22048.gif
    27.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

karnog

Ok i've picked up that my moon sign (cancer) is in opposition with my sun sign (capricorn). As a result there is the problem of balancing emotions and logic? Does that also mean that there's a duality of character where sometimes i'm logical and hard working (capricorn) but also emotional and easily distracted (?). This is hard.

starlink

Karnog, welcome to this forum. If you like to introduce yourself without asking for an interpretation, then go to "Introduce yourself" which you can find by scrolling down "Forum Jump" at the top of your screen.

If you want to interprete your chart, never start with just looking at one aspect. The whole chart should tell you how you are, not just one aspect.
Start at the beginning. I will give you this example on how to go step for step and by doing that, already get an idea of how you are.

Interpreting a Chart

First of all you of course look at the placements of Sun, Moon and Ascendant in sign and house. Very important are planets who are rising (in the 1st house or near the Ascendant).

After that look at the following:

Look at the division of planets in the chart, how many East, how many West (of the MC/IC axis), North or South (of the Ascendant/Desc. axis).
When most planets are on the Asc.(East) side, the person will be able to exert him/herself without being held back by others or circumstances in the life, on the Desc. side, this is not so. There your "serving others before serving yourself" will play out stronger.

All planets above the horizon: extrovert, public interests strong
All planets below the horizon: introvert, private interests strong.

Look at the element division. How many planets fall in Fire, Earth, Air
or water signs? Which is the weakest, which the strongest element?
Look at the division in houses. How many planets fall in F-E-A-W ?

Should one element be very weak or lacking in a chart, then see if that
is compensated for by having that element on the Ascendant or if a lot
of planets fall in a house which supports the element (Fire = 1-5-9th
houses, Earth = 2-6-10th, Air = 3-6-9 and Water = 4-8-12th houses.)

Look if there is a lack of quality (Cardinal= initiative, Fixed = ability to see things through,
Mutable = Ability to be flexible & adaptable).

See if you can find a lack of a certain aspect. (no conjunctions or no oppositions for instance)

See if you find an unaspected planet. The energy of that planet will work without interference from other planetary energies in the chart and only
temporarily influenced by transits.

Note the retrograde planets. Especially fast moving one's, like Mercury can move direct by progression, changing the energy from going inwards to outward.

See if you can find any configurations like:

T-square (between Cardinal, Fixed or Mutable signs)
Grand Cross (between Cardinal, Fixed or Mutable)
a Stellium (3 or more planets, conjuncting one another within one house. This shows a strong focus in the life on that life area.
A Yod
A Boomerang (A yod where the Apex opposes a 3rd planet)
A Grand Trine ( also in either one of the elements)
Grand sextile (very rare) and
Mystic Rectangle (not mystic at all but very practical).

See if you can find a planetary pattern, like:

a See-Saw (two groups of planets opposing one another like 4 above the Horizon, 6 below),
a Bowl( all planets placed in one half of the chart within an opposition of the 1stand last planet),
a Bucket, one planet opposing all the others, like a bowl
with a handle on it. This planet will be the focus energy influencing all
others.
A Locomotive pattern. All ten planets are withing 2/3rds of the chart leaving a 120° space. Some take no larger than 65° space. The "engine" of this locomotive is the planet heading the other planets in clockwise direction. This planet motivates the others into action.
A splash pattern. All 10 planets nicely divided throuhout the chart. Very diversed energy.
A Bundle Pattern. (nearly the opposite of a splash). All planets are placed within the space of a trine (120°). Very contained energy.
A Splay Pattern. (also called the Tripoid pattern by Jansky). It shows three groups of planets forming a trine with one another, or at least some of them.
The Fan Pattern. Similar to the Bucket pattern, only the opposing planets are much more tight together. In the Bucket, the handle seems to work as the outlet for the other planets, whilst in a Fan, the singleton seems to spurr the other planets on, into action.

Reference/Further Reading
http://www.geocities.com/wilsontctc/
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41&order=desc
http://lessons.astrology.com/course/show/Beginners-Astrology/912-Sun-Conjunct-Planet-Interpretation
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/learn-astrology/astrology-lessons.php
http://www.angelfire.com/sc/jstrober...p.html#planets
http://www.sabian.org/15points.htm
http://www.chumpingstones.com/2008/1...arn-astrology/
http://www.janspiller.com/101_astrologysymbols.php
http://www.dawnmountain.com/art_astbasics.html
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ead.php?t=2126

Starlink

Last edited:

smilingsteph

Hint:
You sure have a lot of planets in your 11th house in Capricorn

What does the 11th house mean?
You also have a lot of planets in the earth and water signs
What does that mean?

I think a hard working Capricorn with mars in the 10th house can figure this one out....

Here is another thing...
Your seventh house sign is virgo....Ruler of the sign virgo is mercury...located in the 11th house
So when you are looking to find a lover (boyfriend, girlfriend whatever) then you look to the 11th house....
What does each house mean?

Give it a try then get back to us and we will help you out further!

karnog

Cool thanks for the info. Ok my sun is capricorn which means my identity consists of the following:
  • (+) Sense of duration (time) and of responsibilities, patience, perseverance, discipline, rigor, sense of duty, seriousness, perfectionism, method, organization, objectivity, composure, sense of the economy, punctuality, maturity, detachment, integrity...
  • (-) Loneliness, coldness, mistrust, inaccessible or distant character, selfishness, miserliness, attachment to the success, ruthless ambition, ruthless pessimism, excessive rigor, excess of perfectionism, discouragement, difficulty to show own emotions...
My moon is in cancer which means my appearance, inner thoughts and morals. As a result i have strong family ties (or sense), very affectionate and a bit irresponsible/lacks maturity.

Since my ascendant represents my personality, potential and early beginning it will strengthen or weaken the aspects of the above. Since mine is pisces it adds to the compassion and cancer side of things while weakening many aspects of the sun in capricorn but strengthens the lonely, withdrawn side? Also i was selfless, compassionate and inflexible as a child.

Now there are 8 planets on the top half of circle which means i have an outer world focus but since its pushed to the left side it means its directed for my personal gain or personal self. As a result my planets focus on the maturity side of things where i try to achieve goals which can help society (bit like an engineer, scientist, mathematician, psychologist, etc.). However, most of the planets are placed in the security side which means i do it for security (duh) and also because i do it to find interrelations between people (as it falls under the social aspect).

Finally for today my mars is in saggitarius which means i have thirst to explore things and in harzadous acts. However capricorn tend to be well behaved so it offsets such characteristics but the to strive for success in capricorn is well added by mars. So it further derives higher education in the future. But may erode slightly the discipline side. Also venus is in Aquarius which means my kind of character with the opposite sex is the tendency to often be really taken with somebody (and never the same person), cohabitation, respect of others liberty... abuse of one's own sentimental liberty, emotional nervousness, tendency to destabilize others in the affective domain.

Ok what do you think? Out of interest any idea when i'll meet my supposed soul mate (a she by the way as i'm very much male).

smilingsteph

Wow you did an amazing job looking into your chart!
I would like to say that astrology is a learning tool, to learn about yourself, others and the elements around you. I truly hope that you are not going to use this strictly to answer your questions about your love life, as I think you did a great job on your chart and maybe you can help others!
I digress
Okay your seventh house is where one looks for relationships with another, the house of marriage so to say...
Seventh house is in Virgo- so you are probably more attracted to a virgoan type person.
Ruler of Virgo is mercury located in the 11th house of friends. So you just might find your love who is your friend or through a friend.
Your 11th house is in Capricorn so it may lead to you having older more mature type of contacts, or older contacts than your own age.
Venus is in the 12th house is also something to look at...
Mars in the 10th house in Sagittarius makes you ambitious and career oriented. We also look to the sign on the cusp of the house to see how it flavors that house, and it is Scorpio...so the Mars in Sag makes your love of travel, philosophy, hard-working amibitious and goal oriented, Scorpio on the cusp can bring even a stronger intensity to your personal drives.
Darn I lost your chart I will comment again and pull up the chart.

smilingsteph

Your rising sign is in Pisces, and the ruler of Pisces is in your 11th house, so I think people automatically see you as a friendly person, also placed in the sign of Capricorn people also see you as mature.
Your Venus is sextile to the Midheaven which shows that generally people do like you, but you are a bit secretive and shy with others.
You have your moon in the fifth house which may make your role in relationships as a mothering type or one that wants to be mothered.
Chiron is in the 5th house-
You have many chiron oppositions in your natal chart
look into the meanings of the fifth house....
I am not a great person to describe Chiron, but it seems that where your chiron is located, you have issues with where it is located (so your 5th house) This is one where you are able to give love, show love, be a good lover, yet not be able to feel it in return, as though you dont deserve it.
You can satisfy others in a relationship, but you cannot satisfy yourself.
This is a great page about Chrion and how it can influence certain aspects in your chart
http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_wounding_e.htm
:)

karnog

Thanks for the info. I'm slowly getting a picture. Ok i'll look at the venus in the 12th house thing as well today. But first i have to put the planets in the elements. 5 planets in the Earth element capricorn, 1 in fire and 1 in air and 3 in the water element. The heavy earth and water influence is interesting. I perform reliably (in most things like work and sport) without emotional attatchment but i'm quite perceptive of people's feelings. So i don't carry that through with human relationships. However i can be hindered by other people's issues and resist change until the moment i have to change. The water elements are boosted by pisces as the ascending house? However venus is the day ruler of the earth elements and its located in aquarius which gives a boost to the air element?
I'm guessing water signs and earth signs are equal in strength then air then fire. My cardinal signs are well aided (mainly capricorn and cancer) so perserverance is a strong trait as well as the protective phase. The fixed signs and mutuable signs are not well aided (2 and 1 respectively). So following through is ok but flexibility and adaptability isn't strong (which relects the water and earth elements). Also i've got strong transpersonal influence (planet location in capricorn, scorpio, aquarius and sag). Few in the personal area (two in cancer). So i have a helping humanity mental frame of mind but i do tend to be self focused as well (which again goes well with the chart seperation thing i did earlier).

Ok looking at dignified, exalted, fall, etc. Moon in cancer means the moon's influence is very strong. Jupiter is in cancer so it is in exaltation (but i don't what the influence is yet so we'll come back to it). Saturn is in capricorn which means saturn's influence is very strong (can be a good thing or a bad thing not sure how to place this one). So two dignified planets and 1 exalted planets.

So venus is in my 12th house. Does that mean i have to urge to understand cosmos, subtle forces and the mysterius side to life?

katydid

WOW. You get the award for the BEST interpretation of a chart by a new astrology student. Amazing job. Are you really new at this? You sound like you actually understand the basis of what you interpreted. maybe your venus in the 12th took over for you?:cool:

karnog said:
Thanks for the info. I'm slowly getting a picture. Ok i'll look at the venus in the 12th house thing as well today. But first i have to put the planets in the elements. 5 planets in the Earth element capricorn, 1 in fire and 1 in air and 3 in the water element. The heavy earth and water influence is interesting. I perform reliably (in most things like work and sport) without emotional attatchment but i'm quite perceptive of people's feelings. So i don't carry that through with human relationships. However i can be hindered by other people's issues and resist change until the moment i have to change. The water elements are boosted by pisces as the ascending house? However venus is the day ruler of the earth elements and its located in aquarius which gives a boost to the air element?
I'm guessing water signs and earth signs are equal in strength then air then fire. My cardinal signs are well aided (mainly capricorn and cancer) so perserverance is a strong trait as well as the protective phase. The fixed signs and mutuable signs are not well aided (2 and 1 respectively). So following through is ok but flexibility and adaptability isn't strong (which relects the water and earth elements). Also i've got strong transpersonal influence (planet location in capricorn, scorpio, aquarius and sag). Few in the personal area (two in cancer). So i have a helping humanity mental frame of mind but i do tend to be self focused as well (which again goes well with the chart seperation thing i did earlier).

Ok looking at dignified, exalted, fall, etc. Moon in cancer means the moon's influence is very strong. Jupiter is in cancer so it is in exaltation (but i don't what the influence is yet so we'll come back to it). Saturn is in capricorn which means saturn's influence is very strong (can be a good thing or a bad thing not sure how to place this one). So two dignified planets and 1 exalted planets.

So venus is in my 12th house. Does that mean i have to urge to understand cosmos, subtle forces and the mysterius side to life?

karnog

Ok i just noticed that my moon is also in opposition of mercury. So the moon opposes mercury, sun and saturn. As a result there maybe conflict between parents (sun and moon) as well as maybe ego and emotions, emotions and thinking clearly (moon and mercury) and emotions and personal growth through hard yards (moon and saturn). Also all my planets have an aspect so none is unaspected. I think i have a stelium in capricorn (11th house) with nearly 6 conjunctions of planets in the same house. So strong interest on friends? Also 3 sextiles altogether and 2 trines. What does that mean?

karnog

Lol thanks katydid. To be honest i read a bit of the links that were given to me by both astrologer50 and smilingsteph before i posted. I was also interested in astrology but never really bothered to understand it- lack of maturity maybe.

gimzo23

Seriously Karnog.... please tell me you already had some kind of astro knowledge before you joined here yesterday. Please, just say so. Otherwise you make me feel kinda stupid now, lol. :(

katydid

karnog said:
Lol thanks katydid. To be honest i read a bit of the links that were given to me by both astrologer50 and smilingsteph before i posted. I was also interested in astrology but never really bothered to understand it- lack of maturity maybe.

Yes, but reading a few links before you post would not automatically allow you to ingest and understand what you read. Believe me, most newbies cannot incorporate the material and restate it so well. it is an overwhelming discipline, and it really takes a certain type of mind to be able to process it so quickly and so clearly. Perhaps it is your packed 11th house shining through, being able to organize it all with the help of your Capricorn energy. Whatever it is, you would do well to continue your studies. Especially if, as you say, you want to understand your career path and your love life. :rolleyes:

For someone who has an innate understanding of the art, it can be an invaluable tool for self examination and evolution. :cool:

smilingsteph

katydid said:
Yes, but reading a few links before you post would not automatically allow you to ingest and understand what you read. Believe me, most newbies cannot incorporate the material and restate it so well. it is an overwhelming discipline, and it really takes a certain type of mind to be able to process it so quickly and so clearly. Perhaps it is your packed 11th house shining through, being able to organize it all with the help of your Capricorn energy. Whatever it is, you would do well to continue your studies. Especially if, as you say, you want to understand your career path and your love life. :rolleyes:

For someone who has an innate understanding of the art, it can be an invaluable tool for self examination and evolution. :cool:

Exactly what I was trying to say! I would hate to see this talent leave this site when so many people here are searching for help!
I also would like to say that maybe, out of all of those new members you guys have given the tools to encourage the new member to help themselves, this may have been one that really took the tools and ran with them!
Good job, now how about reading my chart lol lol.

death

for real, kudos for flawlessly executing a natal chart interpretation! and thats coming from someone who clearly knows less than you LOL

karnog

Well if it helps i was always good at science and astrology is a bit like one but maybe a bit less precise. More like economics (love economics)... by the way i'm confused about the importance of saturn. Some say its the mountain you need to conquer to succeed while others call it the blocking stone to progress.

If it helps smilingsteph came me a few carrots before i started analysing so technically without that help i wouldnt be here. Also starlink gave me good advice on how to begin...

Last edited:
To start with it's best to look at the individual needs of each persons chart and how they relate and what they are looking for. Astro.com does have an option composite + natal midpoint method (2) which I find helpful.

When looking at a womans chart the type of man she would look for is her sun sign and mars traits, plus 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.
When looking at a mans chart for the type of woman he would look for is his venus and moon sign and then 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.

Predicting marriage and/or having children can be done, but it is not easy, time consuming and intricate. There are lots of things to take into consideration like, secondary progressions, what interaspects one chart makes to another, Solar arcs, Solar returns, Transits etc

If you want to explore synastry try here
http://cafeastrology.com/astrology_of_relationships.html

If you want to explore secondary progressions try here
http://cafeastrology.com/secondaryprogressions.html

It's very common for progressed venus onto sun or vice versa to be involved, also the North Node of one person conj second person's sun or moon. Also Vertex is usually involved either natally, by progression or by transit.

Astro.com has a FREE six month transit forecaster

When you do have someone in mind you might enjoy free composites
Composite charts
If you go to www.astro.com click on free horoscopes, go to Interactive horoscopes, go down to Astroclick partner, that will bring up a composite chart and when you put the mouse over a planet will bring up a pop up box with the interpretation......

But you do need both times of birth to be accurate though..
enjoy.

Composites describe the relationship, not either one of you, but what you came together to learn or to do and how the 'pair of you' function when together....

For more basic stuff
Here are my personal recommend beginners links to focus upon Natal charts:-
I hope that you come here and want to learn about astrology and join in with exchanges. There ever expanding Education forum here and lots more to explore. http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12556 or try http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/TOClessons.htm
http://www.geocities.com/wilsontctc/
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natalastrology.html

Last edited:

starlink

I am not a great person to describe Chiron, but it seems that where your chiron is located, you have issues with where it is located (so your 5th house) This is one where you are able to give love, show love, be a good lover, yet not be able to feel it in return, as though you dont deserve it.
You can satisfy others in a relationship, but you cannot satisfy yourself.
Smilingsteph, the 5th house can also be interpreted as your selfexpression. So with Chiron here, it could be a painful thing for Karnog to express himself fully. As Chiron usually shows a pain you cannot heal, you can in fact heal others with the same problems. So in this case, Karnog could be good at telling people "yes, you can!" whilst he himself thinks, he cannot. This is more the psychological way of looking at the 5th house.