Will I like living there?

tupieta

I'm contemplating a move to Indianapolis. I've already done a lot of research and even checked my astrocartography map as well. It's one of the biggest decisions I've had to make in a long time. I'd be leaving everyone and everything I know in Florida to go to. I'm excited, overwhelmed and nervous.

I want to know whether I will like living there. I asked this question Aug. 15 but lost the chart. However I do clearly remember Leo Asc, Sun in 12th w/ a separating conjunction from Venus and the ASC (all within one degree) and Mars in 1st conjunct ASC. This chart, after having done more research, is showing Aquarius ASC w/ Saturn in 12th Capricorn conjunct Pluto and South Note (so both charts have L1 in 12th domicile).

There's a strong theme of isolation which makes sense b/c of this being such a huge move. My main concern is L3 in Virgo, so not very strong. And L7 in L1's detriment. So it may not be the most fun place but could be an opportunity for changes in health and routine?

Attachments

• 68710457_2289410914511131_3834999238018727936_n.jpg
    68710457_2289410914511131_3834999238018727936_n.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 16

PurpleReign

I’m only starting out with horary, so hopefully someone else can add their input because your analysis is more in depth than what I could give you. I just wanted to say that maybe you can try doing a relocation chart? My relocation chart where I live now puts Saturn in my 11th house, and every time I’m here I tend to have no time for social activities or social outings with friends. When I lived in another city for a couple years, it moved Saturn out of my 11th house and while I had a lot going (responsibilities, obligations, etc) there than I do in my current location, I actually did have a lot more social outings with friends and was making new ones quite frequently — way different than when I’m here where I currently am.

Now, to be sure, your natal chart is your natal chart. It always applies and is always an influence. But obviously any big enough change in location is going to change some aspect of your life (maybe several, maybe it will change your life drastically). You don’t even need astrology to tell you that. In my personal life, I’ve found relocation charts to help me see in what way that new location will alter my life or lifestyle (if at all). So far it has been accurate (and I’ve lived in 4 places). Natal chart rules all, but relocation charts are helpful in understanding how certain moves will impact you.

Good luck!

ElenaJ

I’m only starting out with horary, so hopefully someone else can add their input because your analysis is more in depth than what I could give you. I just wanted to say that maybe you can try doing a relocation chart? My relocation chart where I live now puts Saturn in my 11th house, and every time I’m here I tend to have no time for social activities or social outings with friends. When I lived in another city for a couple years, it moved Saturn out of my 11th house and while I had a lot going (responsibilities, obligations, etc) there than I do in my current location, I actually did have a lot more social outings with friends and was making new ones quite frequently — way different than when I’m here where I currently am.

Now, to be sure, your natal chart is your natal chart. It always applies and is always an influence. But obviously any big enough change in location is going to change some aspect of your life (maybe several, maybe it will change your life drastically). You don’t even need astrology to tell you that. In my personal life, I’ve found relocation charts to help me see in what way that new location will alter my life or lifestyle (if at all). So far it has been accurate (and I’ve lived in 4 places). Natal chart rules all, but relocation charts are helpful in understanding how certain moves will impact you.

Good luck!

This is very true about a relocation chart.

tupieta

I've already done a relocation chart. Since I'm not moving across too many timezones I find it isn't a huge shift, but I'll post what I know. I'm asking horary b/c despite what the relocation says, there are still other factors to consider and just because the map looks strong there is still no guarantee of happiness.

So I checked my ACG map on astro.com and most of the aspects are pretty good. Then I checked my relocation chart. It's mostly similar to where I am now and still mostly similar to my original natal chart. The ASC is at LEO 16*07 vs original 16*08. The major difference is it puts Pluto in tighter conjunction with my IC. The MC/IC changes to Taurus/Scorpio 7*07 vs original 12*42.

According to the ACG Map I have:
Crossing Sun (AC) / Mercury (AC)
Crossing Mars (DC) /Jupiter (MC)
Crossing Venus (DC)/Moon's Nodes (NN on AC)
Crossing Sun (DC) /Chiron (IC)
Crossing Jupiter (IC) /Saturn (AC)

Most of these are pretty good aspects. It seems to be a good place for me to find a bit more stability and structure without impeding my creativity. Looking back on my tour I kind of chuckle at the Venus/Moon crossing because I went on a date with this amazing guy in Chicago, and in Indianapolis, I also had more eyes on me it seems. So despite its conservative small-town vibes maybe I'll have better luck in matters of the heart.

Below is my relocation chart for Indy.
attachment.php

Last edited: