Advice on Moon Square Uranus

Nexus7

Originally Posted by Ekim86
Also I read in a esoteric astrology book that people with this aspect shouldn't own guns. I could see this because uranus is a volitale and sudden little planet.
'I had to laugh when I read that. :)

I've said for years that I never want to touch a gun because in a moment of anger, I MIGHT be tempted to use it. :(

I think we could say the same thing about countless aspects that show potential explosive anger combined with anything that shows ordinarily holding things back.'

Gaer, I am glad you made that point. When I first met some astrologers, I did come across a sort of old-ladyish attitude to aspects sch as these, which was a bit disappointing somehow. I do believe that there is some allegedly statistical research carried out into the charts of murderers, though there was not so much on Moon Uranus aspects, as far as I remember.

Liz Greene has a lot to say on the opposition, claiming that women may have a hard time coming to terms with instinct over intellect, with dire warnings about (ever at this stage, the perfect disciple of Jung) about becoming animus-possessed, though I see by the time she had her book on Uranus published, she had changed her tune a little, 'blaming' Jung's own propensity to have to have the mistress as well as the wife on his own Moon-Uranus square!

And as far as not being able to come to terms with female roles, my first though maybe is that she should speak for herself - the fact she wrote so extensively about this aspect made me wonder if she did not have one herself - according to the leaked chart, she has a wide one....

However, it is worth bearing in mind that in many parts of the world, many women still live extremely unfree lives, which luckily is not the case here. I am not sure how the planets operate on a more social, consensual model at times. I should think the more freedom there actually is in anyone's life who is at all Uranian might determine how well the individual manifests these aspects.

In the The Astrologer of Fate, she claims hat individuals with this aspect are feel so insecure in their own bodies and instincts that they can be extremely jumpy and may have an inordinate fear of explosives or Fear of Flying, that might or might not ring true for one or two people here? Personally, I enjpy flying, though not the hassle it can involve these days, but I do dislike sudden, loud noises intensely.

gaer

Nexus7 said:
Gaer, I am glad you made that point. When I first met some astrologers, I did come across a sort of old-ladyish attitude to aspects sch as these, which was a bit disappointing somehow. I do believe that there is some allegedly statistical research carried out into the charts of murderers, though there was not so much on Moon Uranus aspects, as far as I remember.
Analysis of why people do what they do long after they have done it bothers me. First of all, I distrust most birth times. Astologers frequently claim to rectify charts, then go on to justify conclusions based on their hunches. I consider that cheating.

I'd much rather work with charts of people who are unknown (in the sense of not being famous).

Here is my viewpoint:

The Moon is linked to our unconscious by most sources that view this lifetime as the only one, and it is linked to past life memories or impressions by those who believe in reincarnation. Even a basic definition of the meaning of the Moon is largely determined by our philolsophy.

Regardless, it is obviously linked to very strong feelings and the feelings we have that are hardest to change.

Uranus is generally linked to what is new, unusual, orginal, forward looking. It can be eccentric, unstable, chaotic, but I believe those are negative sides of the energy, at least in birth charts.

Uranus is linked to Aquarius by modern astrology, but traditionally Aquarius shows the other side of Saturn, since Saturn rules both Capricorn and Aquarius. Uranian energy, when disciplined, allows people to think outside the box in a way that builds new and original structures without destroying what Saturn has built.

So: why can't the Moon and Uranus work together? I think they can. I think the energies of any two planets can cooperate. When they are trine or sextile our deepest feelings may be very well blended with our most important original, innovative ideas.

When the Moon and Uranus are conjunct, square, opposite, inconjunct or semi-sextile it shows an adjustment will have to be made.

That's where the whole chart comes in. I think the square is the most difficult of all hard aspects, because it is a major aspect and it links together signs that obviously don't work well together, for obvious reasons.

So if Uranus is square the Moon AND there are many other signs of difficulty, it will be very difficult to work out the difficulties expressed by the square.

But if the rest of the chart shows a well-integrated personality, the square may show no more than a "bump in the road".

Gaer

Nexus7

Gaer

How the aspect plays out must depend on how close the orb is, what other aspects there are and what signs are involved I should think, too. I wonder how much its manifestation depends on how important a role Saturn plays in the chart, too.

Arian Maverick

That's where the whole chart comes in. I think the square is the most difficult of all hard aspects, because it is a major aspect and it links together signs that obviously don't work well together, for obvious reasons.

Just a side note: I believe Stepehn Arroyo expresses this opinion in Astrology Karma & Transformation. I'll have to find the exact page number for you...

Edit: I found it on page 114:

Squares & Oppositions: Enough has been said already in earlier sections of this book to give the reader a good feel for the potentials indicted by these challenging aspects. Of these two aspects, thesquare is the more problematical since it usually involves planets in inharmonious elements and thus calls forth more effort in order to integrate such divergent energies. A square aspect shows where energy must be released, usually through action of a definite sort, in order that a new structure may be built...

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Arianedreams

I always blame (perhaps wrongly) this aspect in my chart for bringing noisy neighbours into my life as I am a pretty quiet person myself and get a little fed up with people who can't operate the volume control on their TV / stereo / arguments. I figure the only way around it is to one day be able to afford to live in a detached home surrounded by a few trees.

I laughed at the comment about the dog - my mum is a shrieker too which I am not keen on. I love her but she was not strong in the nuturing department so I learned to emotionally fend for myself from an early age and felt as if I was out of control as a teen. However, with a few years experience I have come to accept that the day to day grind of relationships will always get me bored to tears so no shopping at Tescos together and I keep my own place rather than move in with boyfriends so familiarity doesn't breed contempt.

I always feel very lucky that I live in the West where I am not trapped into marriage and children being a housewife and have the freedom as a woman to make choices. I cannot see myself as ever being married or having just one meaning relationship for my entire life, for me my life seems to be different eras to be enjoyed, amicably ended after a few years and moved on from. As AM says it manifests differently for everyone but personally I think there is nothing wrong with a little restlessness and eccentricity, go with your own inner flow and find your own way. If you're being true to yourself and not being unkind to people don't let other people's emotional clinginess make you feel guilty if you need a little space :D

Last edited:

Nexus7

'I always feel very lucky that I live in the West where I am not trapped into marriage and children being a housewife and have the freedom as a woman to make choices'

That took the words right out of my mouth and I think I made a similar point: as women we are lucky. Bearing in mind things that exist in other parts of the world like the Taliban, the veil, other forms more extreme social conrrol we could find even more unacceptable.

Even not so long ago, there might have been a whole lot more presure to get married off with kids than there is now. I am glad to be be able to live more or or less as I please and not have to answer to anyone.

Thar doesn't mea I am not interested in nurturing relationships, in fact I think hereis too much dog-eat-dog in the big bad world atlarge, it is people and institutions who have to se social cntrol and coercion or manipulation to establish bonds I can't stand.

searching

Arian Maverick said:
Just a side note: I believe Stepehn Arroyo expresses this opinion in Astrology Karma & Transformation. I'll have to find the exact page number for you...

Edit: I found it on page 114:

Arian Maverick

mmm interesting. There is always much discussion about how to integrate planets in squares .... use positively etc. Imho it is impossible to successfully integrate completely divergent energies. One part of the square will always have to be left unused. You can use both of the energies but never together. One always has to be sacrificed while the other is activated.

leslie1979

Hi all!

I have a uranus in scorpio opposite moon in taurus. I read once somewhere that moon square or opposite uranus can cause bad eyesight. Apparently Ray Charles had this aspect....I should check out his chart somewhere online. But...I though this was interesting. I have been wearing prescription eye glasses since I was 4 years old. I think my eyes are getting progressively worse :confused: but I choose not to think about that. I could get that eye laser surgery...but the one MAJOR gross-out issue I have with my body is my eyes! You can cut off my limbs and whatever...but touch my eyes..and I will freak. I have also had VERY VERY irregular menstral cycles my whole life. Apparently my mom tells me she had the same. Sometimes I can go 4 or 5 months without my "time of the month"