What Will Happen Between Us?

PurpleReign

My boyfriend has been very distant and avoidant lately. We spoke about it, he said he'd change...nothing changed. He says he's going through a lot of things (which we talked about) but it seems like this relationship is going no where and communication is less than satisfying these days. What will happen between us? What is the future of our relationship?

Why is he being this way?

My thoughts: I'm Mercury in Capricorn, strong in sign, but being burned by the Sun. He is Jupiter. Weak in the sign of Capricorn, a sign in which I (merc) and strong. No connection between us. I think this means I am more into him than he is into me at this point in time and we will likely end things (bc no connection between Merc and Jup). He is also in the 7th house, so maybe a relationship right now is weakening him (bc he is weak in Capricorn).

Attachments

• future.jpg
    future.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

ElenaJ

Remember to insert the south node when you do the charts.
Then you would notice right off that he as Jupiter is sitting right there, so it is true what he said, he's having some difficulties right now.
He is also not in a friendly house or sign.
You as mercury coming to Saturn want stability and commitment.
Moon trines mars, so it does look promising for your relationship.
He doesn't aspect other planets until mars reaches him.
Look also at sweet Venus trine the ascendent and sextile descendent, putting love into your picture.

PurpleReign

Remember to insert the south node when you do the charts.
Then you would notice right off that he as Jupiter is sitting right there, so it is true what he said, he's having some difficulties right now.
He is also not in a friendly house or sign.
You as mercury coming to Saturn want stability and commitment.
Moon trines mars, so it does look promising for your relationship.
He doesn't aspect other planets until mars reaches him.
Look also at sweet Venus trine the ascendent and sextile descendent, putting love into your picture.

Thanks, Elena! :)

Yeah, I hope it is promising. It’s just so weird how suddenly he went from being communicative to nothing. Does the chart perhaps indicate what kind of difficulties he’s having?

PR

Cypocryphy

Hey! I sent you a PM. I hope that helps :happy:

And don't worry about the South Node. I don't know why you were told this when it's merely the opposite of the North Node. I can't imagine it's that hard to visualize a South Node in the opposite house in the same degree. *shrug*

Talk to you later :smile:
C.

PurpleReign

Hey! I sent you a PM. I hope that helps :happy:

And don't worry about the South Node. I don't know why you were told this when it's merely the opposite of the North Node. I can't imagine it's that hard to visualize a South Node in the opposite house in the same degree. *shrug*

Talk to you later :smile:
C.

Thank you, I’ll look at it now! :)

waybread

I don't see a re-kindling of romance in the near future. Mercury is not "strong in sign" in Capricorn. It lacks essential dignity, and then the 8th is traditionally not one of the happy houses. As you mentioned, Mercury is combust. Although the aspect is separating, Mercury will shortly bump into Saturn.

Jupiter is in its fall. The moon isn't giving you much assistance.

It looks to me like both of you are going through some individual difficulties, and perhaps the relationship doesn't have enough "glue" or centripetal force to overcome them as a team.

Have you looked at your synastry or composite chart?

PurpleReign

I don't see a re-kindling of romance in the near future. Mercury is not "strong in sign" in Capricorn. It lacks essential dignity, and then the 8th is traditionally not one of the happy houses. As you mentioned, Mercury is combust. Although the aspect is separating, Mercury will shortly bump into Saturn.

Jupiter is in its fall. The moon isn't giving you much assistance.

It looks to me like both of you are going through some individual difficulties, and perhaps the relationship doesn't have enough "glue" or centripetal force to overcome them as a team.

Have you looked at your synastry or composite chart?

Thanks, Waybread!

Hm, that’s disappointing. He’s going through some difficulties, whereas my personal life (apart from my relationship with him) is the usual. The only thing dragging me down is the rift between us due to lack of communication. I’ve looked at our synastry charts before and I’m not sure how much to rely on it considering communication is indicated as being strong (which was true at the beginning). I hope we’ll be able to figure something out, though.

Does the chart indicate what specifically will cause the downfall of the relationship and if my concern was right (that maybe he is losing interest in me)?

Thank you again!

Last edited:

waybread

I think, where you're both going through some personal stressors, there just isn't enough glue to keep the relationship together. Astrologically, Mercury and Jupiter are not the best zodiac pals (think the traditional rulers of Virgo vs. Pisces, and Gemini vs. Sagittarius.)

Maybe just give this thing some time to be less close, and see where you are in a few months.

Cypocryphy

I think, where you're both going through some personal stressors, there just isn't enough glue to keep the relationship together. Astrologically, Mercury and Jupiter are not the best zodiac pals (think the traditional rulers of Virgo vs. Pisces, and Gemini vs. Sagittarius.)

Maybe just give this thing some time to be less close, and see where you are in a few months.

Technically, and/or empirically, the only planet Jupiter has an issue with is Saturn and that’s by hard aspects. Less so with Mars, where the soft aspects and conjunction tend to be neutral.

Theoretically, Mercury takes on the color of planets affecting it and whether it’s occidental or oriental. It has a tendency to be colored by what’s interacting with it, as well as being colored by sect and other factors.

In Horary, however, this is not really an issue as the planets are stand-ins for people and things, and dignity in all its guises tend to govern, the aspects, etc. It’s more about receptions and connecting by aspects. This comment seems to me to be combining Synastry theory with Horary.

Also, querent said she’s not having any “stressors” other than her partner being withdrawn and distant. She said he is but nothing has changed for her other than the “feel” of the relationship.