How is your Venus & what, how and who do you LOVE?

Starsareround

In honor of Venus and her flight forward once again on gilded wings :kissing: and in the spirit of my Mars thread, I ask you: where is she in your chart and what are the aspects? How do you describe your love language, what you attract, and what and who you LOVE?

My Venus is conjunct Saturn and Moon in Leo in the 12th. It trines Neptune and sextiles Pluto. I love my kids :). I love nature and jumping into glacial mountain streams and big, quiet spaces and poetry. I love the beauty of non verbal communication. I love emotional bonds with animals. I love intelligence, people that are so smart they are truly weird. I love mysteries.

I attract really no-nonsense strict people who think I'm an enigma and a pain in the ****. Thanks for spoiling the party, Saturn.
With my Venus Conjunct Saturn in the 12th, I tend to find it hard to really open up about my past. I keep things to myself. I'm good with secrets. I do too much "knowing" and "sensing" and not enough direct communication with partners.

Venus in Leo is rather creative in romantic expressions. We don't like same old same old all the time, and we definitely need to feel special and loved through big gestures. Oh, and did I mention a proclivity towards vanity?? Delicate egos, Venus in Leo (that's my least favorite feature of my Venus)

Last edited:

Witchyone

In honor of Venus and her flight forward once again on gilded wings :kissing: and in the spirit of my Mars thread, I ask you: where is she in your chart and what are the aspects? How do you describe your love language, what you attract, and what and who you LOVE?

My Venus is conjunct Saturn and Moon in Leo in the 12th. It trines Neptune and sextiles Pluto. I love my kids :). I love nature and jumping into glacial mountain streams and big, quiet spaces and poetry. I love the beauty of non verbal communication. I love emotional bonds with animals. I love intelligence, people that are so smart they are truly weird. I love mysteries.

I attract really no-nonsense strict people who think I'm an enigma and a pain in the ****. Thanks for spoiling the party, Saturn.
With my Venus Conjunct Saturn in the 12th, I tend to find it hard to really open up about my past. I keep things to myself. I'm good with secrets. I do too much "knowing" and "sensing" and not enough direct communication with partners.

Venus in Leo is rather creative in romantic expressions. We don't like same old same old all the time, and we definitely need to feel special and loved through big gestures. Oh, and did I mention a proclivity towards vanity?? Delicate egos, Venus in Leo (that's my least favorite feature of my Venus)

My Venus is in the 12th in Taurus; it sextiles Mercury (exact) and Jupiter (orb-4), and it's my chart ruler. If I use the whole house system, it's a 1st house Venus, but I prefer Placidus for this very reason. I identify much more with 12th house Venus/1st house Sun attributes than with 1st house Venus/2nd house Sun ones. In fact, I love the same things you mentioned, except I don't have kids, and I'm not jumping in cold water no matter how pretty it is, unless there's, like, a drowning kitten in there :tongue:. I also love music and film, naps and warm blankets, yoga and dancing, and my family, especially my husband and mom. Oh, and the sun, moon, and stars. The sun instantly improves my mood, and I like to lie on the driveway and admire the night sky. I feel a particular affinity with the physical, visible Venus.

I identify so much with 12th house Venus because I've always been a magnet for people who want a shady sexual situation. I think I seem easy to fool, but I'm only easy to fool if I choose to be. I am, in fact, a giant pain in the ***.

I'm a little bit vain too, but that's probably Leo Mars' fault.

Starsareround

My Venus is in the 12th in Taurus; it sextiles Mercury (exact) and Jupiter (orb-4), and it's my chart ruler. If I use the whole house system, it's a 1st house Venus, but I prefer Placidus for this very reason. I identify much more with 12th house Venus/1st house Sun attributes than with 1st house Venus/2nd house Sun ones. In fact, I love the same things you mentioned, except I don't have kids, and I'm not jumping in cold water no matter how pretty it is, unless there's, like, a drowning kitten in there :tongue:. I also love music and film, naps and warm blankets, yoga and dancing, and my family, especially my husband and mom. Oh, and the sun, moon, and stars. The sun instantly improves my mood, and I like to lie on the driveway and admire the night sky. I feel a particular affinity with the physical, visible Venus.

I identify so much with 12th house Venus because I've always been a magnet for people who want a shady sexual situation. I think I seem easy to fool, but I'm only easy to fool if I choose to be. I am, in fact, a giant pain in the ***.

I'm a little bit vain too, but that's probably Leo Mars' fault.

I love what you said about 12th house Venus stuff. It is a special placement and gives us this awe of beauty and life. I think that’s why we can be described as “shy” it’s just that we are tunned into something else :)

BaoSanniang

I have Venus at 11.48 degrees Gemini in the 6th house. The lord of my Venus sign is at 2.18 degrees Cancer, and Gemini's also the ruler of my 7th house (Sagittarius ascendant) so the lord of my Venus sign AND the lord of my 7th house are both in Cancer. As for how I love, I disagree with many descriptions of Venus in Gemini being a charmer in the intellectual sense. I suck at initiating conversations with people unless I really have something to share. I've never had to initiate the pursuit of a woman in my life and I honestly don't know how to do it. Flirting with someone whom I don't know or barely know, or doing what some call "cold approaching" is not something I'd ever consider doing. Now, does that mean I don't view intellectual and "witty" expressions of love as having any value? Not true, but only when I've known the other person for some time and I believe she's really interested in me for who I am, with a few things of her own to share.

However, I'm also aware of the fact that just because I can connect with someone intellectually, it's far from the be-all-end-all of compatibility and it would be just as big of a mistake to assume you're compatible with someone overall due to intellectual stimulation as it would be making an assumption of overall compatibility based on sex. Life values and moral character are far more important than intellectual or physical compatibility. I can have a lot to talk about with a girl, but when it comes to marriage she's a free spirit while I'm looking for stability and consistency. While she may intellectually stimulate me, morally and spiritually she might be repulsive to me. I am looking for someone I can talk to, but even more than that I'm looking for someone who can guide me, protect me, and look after me because I can be very indecisive and unsure. I guess that's the effect of my 7th house lord, and the lord of my Venus sign in Cancer.

Venus in the 6th house, I believe, also modifies my Gemini Venus by giving it an earthly quality (Virgo rules the 6th house) it might otherwise not have. When it comes to the details of expressing love, most of the time I'm anything but charming or engaging or witty. Instead, I tend to be somewhat reserved, but I show it through my actions. I want to do things for her and I want to be considerate down to little gestures. I can be a little naggy sometimes. What's scary is my Aquarius mom has Venus in Aquarius but also in the 6th house, and when my folks were still married she tended to demonstrate her care in practical ways rather than say things all the time. I don't think I've ever heard her tell my dad she loved her.

As for aspects, my Venus is conjunct my Mars. I've read about this aspect being one that has potential for great charisma and sexual prowess, but I haven't noticed that at all LOL. I believe my Venus might also be sextile my Saturn (Saturn is at 7.12 degrees Aries, are they close enough to form a sextile?), which I think once again modifies my Gemini Venus by giving it more of a serious and sober quality than the placement would otherwise suggest. My idea of a lasting marriage and life companionship puts equal weight on how much **** I can get through with my spouse along with the happy moments. Marriage to me is learning to accept the other person's imperfections and see the good in them, and this goes both ways. It is a test of endurance just as much as it is something meant to bring happiness. I did indeed go through more of a flirty and playful phase during my late teenage years, but that was only 3-4 years ago. I believe my very late exposure to girls and dating (by today's standards) contributed to that phase. Maybe my view of love is a bit too down-to-earth, even cynical, and I'm not saying I'll never change my mind, but so far I don't see anything that could make it change.

I guess my view of love is still quite traditionally Eastern. I believe in growing old together, and that a lasting marriage is one that makes a successful transition from love to friendship or companionship. In other words, the transformation signifies that a couple's love for each other has reached a more evolved level into a bond that's truly unbreakable. I also believe in karmic consequences. If I have been with someone in a committed marriage (without glaring problems) and I decide to stray or if they stray, there will be karmic punishment. That's why even at the age of 22, I am so conservative and maybe even a bit fearful, because I really fear loss. I can't say I have too high of a sex drive, I'm still a virgin and sex rarely motivates me (though this is not saying I don't have sexual needs). People have often told me I need to have a few relationships, even play the field a bit, but that's not my thing and even today I still feel guilty for having gone through that flirty and playful part of my life (most of it was chatting with girls online).

Last edited:

Gemini888

To be honest, Venus is the planet that I can least identify with. My Venus is almost unaspected. The only aspect it has is an inconjunct to Jupiter. I can easily understand meanings of every planet, what each planet wants, but when it comes to Venus, no matter how much I read, I'm just like "huh?"

But my Venus is in its ruler Taurus and in the first house. People sometimes comment on how attractive I lool, but I just can't feel it. It's like there's a huge disconnection between how I see my Venus and how the world see my Venus.

Maybe it's the reason of my depression. I just can't love myself enough (Taurus is all about valuing oneself). I have issues with how I view myself. I have my wants too, but I always attribute them to other planets' desire and not my Venus.

Emeraldstar99

I have Venus in Scorpio conjunct IC by 4 degrees
Venus Square Mars in Aqua by 7 degrees
Venus Opposite Jupiter by 6 degrees
Venus Square Neptune by 1 degree
Venus Square NN by 4 degrees

I am quite intense person when in love. When I love, I love hard(but this may be due other aspects too) a typical Venus in Scorpio, I only get softened up after doing several observations and tests of trust. I can only be my wildself with someone I trust very deeply. Very selective and devoted, because of that one night stands are not very interesting to me.

Arts: MISTERIOUS, DARK, INTENSE and (somtimes) OLD are present in many of those I like, I could be an Emo but only by heart lol

No pattern at all in my dressing but i like dark stuff (but it's not so present in my wardrobe)

Of the aspects I mention,I wish I didn't have Venus square Neptune because it kinda makes things hard to be seen objectivly in relationships, people try warn me about my choices of people who I hang with and try say they are the wrong people when I ask themselves why they only give futile reasons that I don't care about (like they dress bad, they are ugly.) or when I say someone is not trust worthy but other people insist they are good people, even tho I observed the person doing bad deeds(they only change their mind until I prove them concretly):annoyed:. But I also have Neptune in 7th, I am more of a giver in relationships. Easily swayed? Hmm, I can be in some conditions, but most of time, no. Too much Scorpio helped me a bit with the Neptune.

A word would describe me is: INTENSE...
And I expect that in my life.

ardentika

Venus Scorpio conj. NN
Square Leo Moon
Trine Saturn

I cannot love superficially or committ of there is no soulful connection. I am one of those who believe in Soulmates.
I love deep art, something to make you think and feel.
I always take responsibility for my actions and mistakes in love.
My relationships help me transform on a deeper level after some pain. I can find the love in the pain inflicted.

Das sum Scorpio sh*t rite der. 😎 haha